PDA

View Full Version : Hip by Christmas 2017!

butterflybutton
December 10th, 2016, 05:14 PM
I couldn't find one of these already but if there is, do please merge or delete this one. Thanks.

So there are 54 weeks until Christmas 2017. Plenty of time to get some serious growing in, and get to hip, which feels like the beginning of super long hair.

So post your length now and the length you need for hip, and your growth rate if you feel like it

Post any pictures, routines, grumblings, what have you's any thing to keep the motivation going.

I'll start with my stats I'm currently 32" stretched and hip stretched is 36" for me. My growth rate is 7 1/2" per year. So I should make it even witha few trims.

Happy growing's and here's to long and heathy hair for all!

Alissalocks
December 11th, 2016, 07:28 PM
I think I should make it to hip by Christmas 2017! I'm at 30" MBL now, waist is 32" and should be there by late March/early April. If my ends don't drive me nuts I'll be heading to hip, about ~36" on me? That's fun to consider, could be there in a year!

raemarthe
December 11th, 2016, 08:45 PM
I might be able to swing this! Or at least get there stretched. Curly I am at 28 inches, and hip is 33 inches, so I have 5 inches to go. Stretched I'm at 30 inches, so that's 3 small inches to hip stretched! Lets see what a year will do. :)

Dark40
December 12th, 2016, 09:11 PM
I think I'll be able to pull this off as well. Right now my hair is BSL, and my hair grows 1.5 inches a month. I am soooo excited about being able to reach hip length by Christmas of 2017!!!!

draysmir
December 12th, 2016, 09:31 PM
I think I might be able to do this :) The ends of my hair are starting to graze waist length (I'm terrible at measuring so I'm not sure how long it is), and I think I grow the average 1/2 inch a month. There's about 3 inches to the top of my hip bone from my waist, so with trims I should still be able to get there :)

Can anyone confirm the exact place for hip length? I'm just measuring mine to the top of my hip bone, but I'm not sure if that's where everyone else does it too.

LadyCelestina
December 12th, 2016, 11:37 PM
I posted in the No Trimming thread that I should be past hip by next year. I "measured" my hair in the shower and it's a good chunk past hip while straight. My growth rate is around 1,5 cm a month so I should be nearly at TBL straight next year, which should be hip+ in curly hair!

wispe
December 13th, 2016, 09:21 AM
I'm in! I'm at waist and I believe I have about 4.5-5 inches to go. I'm planning a microtrim by the new year, and then doing a 6-month no trim challenge and then evaluating my hem at that point. I'm not sure of my growth rate yet, but I believe it is right around average, so I should be able to make it.

draysmir I believe the exact marker is up to interpretation. I personally feel around for the ridge of my iliac crest and use that as my guide.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
December 13th, 2016, 10:45 AM
I'm in. I am at waist stretched. My hair is still in curls from Sundays wash therefore I only measured one lock of hair from hair line which is 70.5cm.
Hip on me is 79cm, I think.

draysmir
December 13th, 2016, 01:02 PM
I'm in! I'm at waist and I believe I have about 4.5-5 inches to go. I'm planning a microtrim by the new year, and then doing a 6-month no trim challenge and then evaluating my hem at that point. I'm not sure of my growth rate yet, but I believe it is right around average, so I should be able to make it.

draysmir I believe the exact marker is up to interpretation. I personally feel around for the ridge of my iliac crest and use that as my guide.

Ok thank you wispe, I'll go by that marker too. :) It sounds like we're both probably going to make it to hip by the end of the year :p wooo

Dark40
December 13th, 2016, 01:31 PM
I think I might be able to do this :) The ends of my hair are starting to graze waist length (I'm terrible at measuring so I'm not sure how long it is), and I think I grow the average 1/2 inch a month. There's about 3 inches to the top of my hip bone from my waist, so with trims I should still be able to get there :)

Can anyone confirm the exact place for hip length? I'm just measuring mine to the top of my hip bone, but I'm not sure if that's where everyone else does it too.

I would say on an average height person that is 5ft tall hip length is were the bottom of your kidneys are. Since I'm short or 5ft 1 inches tall hip length for me would be right under my kidneys. I hope that helps!

wispe
December 13th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Ok thank you wispe, I'll go by that marker too. :) It sounds like we're both probably going to make it to hip by the end of the year :p wooo

Sounds like it! I like that I'll have just enough wiggle room to allow for trims if needed, though I hope my ends behave without them :)

butterflybutton
December 13th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Yay! I'm so glad so many are going for this challenge!

Greenfire
December 22nd, 2016, 08:39 PM
I'm in! Im at waist now, but plan to trim back a little on New Year's. Even still, I'm at 30 inches, and only need to reach 34 to hip, so I think even if I trim back an inch or an inch and a half, I should reach this by next Christmas!

Makes it easier to have a goal to shoot for! At this rate I'll be sitting on it in two years!

butterflybutton
December 23rd, 2016, 01:51 AM
Yay! That's great Greenfire! Hehe! Two years to sitting on it length sounds great!

likelikepenny
December 23rd, 2016, 04:52 AM
I'm in. I may reach hip a little bit before but i'm excited :D

school of fish
December 23rd, 2016, 05:05 AM
May I join for the sake of my layers?

My length is actually at TBL, but I have a pesky undercut and old face frame that I've been growing out and can't wait to be rid of. The face frame is somewhere in MBL and the undercut is just squeeking close to WL, so I'm thinking that by Christmas next year at least the undercut should be to hip :)

I feel like I've been growing these layers out forever - would feel good to see an end date on the horizon... :p

ipickee
December 23rd, 2016, 07:45 AM
I'm in on this. I'm just shy of waist, so I think I'll be close to hip by Christmas 2017 :)

Start: 27" MBL.

lithostoic
December 23rd, 2016, 10:01 AM
Maybe ... I'm still a few inches from waist and need a trim.

ipickee
December 28th, 2016, 09:33 AM
I'm in on this. I'm just shy of waist, so I think I'll be close to hip by Christmas 2017 :)

Just updated my spreadsheet. According to it, I'll be hip by January 8, 2018. If I can squeeze a little extra growth out, I mightttt make hip by Christmas!

hayheadsbird
December 28th, 2016, 10:27 AM
I've just gone back over my spreadsheet, and TBL is due January 2018, so I should be hip well before Christmas...I think I need to recheck measurements!
Currently at 63cm at BSL, with about 15 cm to go to hip.

Persiangirl01
December 29th, 2016, 06:57 AM
I am up for this challenge :)

Greenfire
December 29th, 2016, 08:14 AM
I'm already out, I cut too much to make it during this challenge.

yamsha23
January 1st, 2017, 08:47 AM
I'm in :o Just measured my waist length hair: 27". Hip would be 31.5" and TBL 35.5"
With a normal growth rate I should be between hip and TBL next christmas!

lapushka
January 2nd, 2017, 06:28 AM
I was hip, because: trimmed to hip in November. ;)

hanne jensen
January 2nd, 2017, 11:40 AM
I'm in! I only need about 3 cm to hip and my winter growth spurt is kicking in.

missrandie
January 2nd, 2017, 12:46 PM
I'm in for the challenge :) right now I'm at BSL; there's a chance I'll make it to hip, but most likely I'll make waist.

AZDesertRose
January 2nd, 2017, 07:33 PM
I'm in. I'm right about at waist now, so I should fairly easily make hip by Christmas 2017.

ETA: I need to get a photo to show where I am, but I used to take length photos with my camera that has now died, and right now all I have is my phone camera, which is a pretty decent camera, but I'm stuck with mirror selfies in the bathroom, where the mirror is kind of small, and it looks awkward and the photos turn out poorly. I'll have to try to catch my daughter or someone else to take one for me.

raemarthe
January 15th, 2017, 07:50 PM
I think I'm going to aim for hip stretched instead of hip curly.

dvep
January 15th, 2017, 08:38 PM
I want to say I'll get there hip curly, but who knows! I might cave and call it when stretched. I really don't want to measure it stretched, though. Here's where I am...well, at the beginning of the month. I've posted my current length brushed out before but here it is curly...kind of discouraging but I'm hoping with some love (and restraint with the trimmers!) I can announce victory.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/359/31526927673_23d177ce32_h.jpg

raemarthe
January 15th, 2017, 10:22 PM
I'm in the same boat dvep! And my hair looks shorter than yours as well. I can definitely make hip stretched with trims included. Curly.. maybe not on account of trims and shrinkage.

dvep
January 15th, 2017, 10:26 PM
I'm in the same boat dvep! And my hair looks shorter than yours as well. I can definitely make hip stretched with trims included. Curly.. maybe not on account of trims and shrinkage.

Yeah, I'm floating around WL right now...sometimes it's longer, sometimes not depending on the day. I'm sure you know how it is! Either way we'll make good progress.

butterflybutton
January 16th, 2017, 01:45 AM
Your hair is amazing dvep!

lapushka
January 16th, 2017, 05:03 AM
Your hair is amazing dvep!

Yes definitely, very pretty! :)

dvep
January 16th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Thank you, ladies! Some days it cooperates more than others!

wispe
January 16th, 2017, 12:26 PM
dvep I think you can definitely reach hip this year if you don't get scissor-happy along the way! You have very pretty curls. (:

I did some mathing it out and I should reach hip in ~6-7 months, and possibly bcl by the end of the year if I can manage without any trims. Even if I do trim I should be able to call hip comfortably by Christmas. Exciting stuff!

Dark40
January 17th, 2017, 04:33 PM
I posted in the No Trimming thread that I should be past hip by next year. I "measured" my hair in the shower and it's a good chunk past hip while straight. My growth rate is around 1,5 cm a month so I should be nearly at TBL straight next year, which should be hip+ in curly hair!

ME too! My hair growth rate is really fast every month too at 1.5cm...hehe

Dark40
January 17th, 2017, 04:36 PM
dvep, your hair is gorgeous!

dvep
January 20th, 2017, 01:57 PM
dvep, your hair is gorgeous!

Thank you! It doesn't feel so gorgeous today, time for a deep condition! I need to stop obsessively checking my length seeing if it's closer to hip yet. :P

Dark40
January 21st, 2017, 04:37 PM
Thank you! It doesn't feel so gorgeous today, time for a deep condition! I need to stop obsessively checking my length seeing if it's closer to hip yet. :P

You're welcome! Yeah, I know the feeling of on some days it's doesn't feel gorgeous. Yes, it does sound like a deep condition! Give it some moisture! I always deep condition my hair twice a week whether it's for protein on moisture. Yes, I do really think you need to stop checking your length to see if you're at hip yet. :D. Don't worry. You'll make it there soon! I'm also trying to make it to hip length by December of this year. Or, at the end of this year but I'm having a bad feeling that I won't make it. Especially, even to waist length. I'm still stuck at BSL, and I was exspecting to make it to waist length by March of this year but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. :(

likelikepenny
January 21st, 2017, 05:28 PM
You're welcome! Yeah, I know the feeling of on some days it's doesn't feel gorgeous. Yes, it does sound like a deep condition! Give it some moisture! I always deep condition my hair twice a week whether it's for protein on moisture. Yes, I do really think you need to stop checking your length to see if you're at hip yet. :D. Don't worry. You'll make it there soon! I'm also trying to make it to hip length by December of this year. Or, at the end of this year but I'm having a bad feeling that I won't make it. Especially, even to waist length. I'm still stuck at BSL, and I was exspecting to make it to waist length by March of this year but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. :(

I'm in the same boat :(

Dark40
February 1st, 2017, 09:23 PM
I'll be joining in to have hip length hair by Christmas of this year. I feel that I can do this.

Dark40
February 1st, 2017, 09:27 PM
I'm in the same boat :(

Awwwww, I'm sorry to hear that :( Well, I'll lift up your inspiration then. You will make it there! How long is your hair now? I have a good feeling that I will make it there. Because, I've just started doing the "inversion method" on last week, and I'm planning on doing it again on tomorrow for just 5 minutes.

likelikepenny
February 2nd, 2017, 05:29 AM
Awwwww, I'm sorry to hear that :( Well, I'll lift up your inspiration then. You will make it there! How long is your hair now? I have a good feeling that I will make it there. Because, I've just started doing the "inversion method" on last week, and I'm planning on doing it again on tomorrow for just 5 minutes.

I have 17 inches to hip and I'm currently MBL. My growth rate is picking up since I started inversion and caffeine rinses so here's hoping.

mellsss91
February 2nd, 2017, 06:02 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.ph you guys think i can make it??

likelikepenny
February 2nd, 2017, 07:52 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.ph you guys think i can make it??

I can't see your picture unfortunately.

Dark40
February 4th, 2017, 07:58 PM
I have 17 inches to hip and I'm currently MBL. My growth rate is picking up since I started inversion and caffeine rinses so here's hoping.
Wow! Yeah, my hair growth rate has picked up over the years ever since I've been taking hair vitamins too!!! I've started taking hair vitamins off and on since 2011 but I've started taking them full time every single day since 2011 I think. Me too, have also started the inversion method. Not the caffeine method. I really think if you do for 5 minutes every single day you will start to notice some results in length!!! It's been a week since I've started for me. But I can really tell ya'....Everytime I do it during the, "scalp massage" I can feel a nice warm blood circulation, and that feels wonderful!!!! So, I really feel if we both do that daily we both will gain lots of length per month!!!!

likelikepenny
February 4th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Wow! Yeah, my hair growth rate has picked up over the years ever since I've been taking hair vitamins too!!! I've started taking hair vitamins off and on since 2011 but I've started taking them full time every single day since 2011 I think. Me too, have also started the inversion method. Not the caffeine method. I really think if you do for 5 minutes every single day you will start to notice some results in length!!! It's been a week since I've started for me. But I can really tell ya'....Everytime I do it during the, "scalp massage" I can feel a nice warm blood circulation, and that feels wonderful!!!! So, I really feel if we both do that daily we both will gain lots of length per month!!!!

Oops, I had a typo. I meant 17 cm! 17 inches would be too much in a year lol. Lately I've been washing my hair daily and I use the shower head on my scalp while massaging and I can feel the circulation going. Hopefully between inversion, caffeine, and daily scalp massage, I can get to hip soon. What hair vitamin do you take?

Dark40
February 4th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Oops, I had a typo. I meant 17 cm! 17 inches would be too much in a year lol. Lately I've been washing my hair daily and I use the shower head on my scalp while massaging and I can feel the circulation going. Hopefully between inversion, caffeine, and daily scalp massage, I can get to hip soon. What hair vitamin do you take?

Ok, yeah 17 inches would be too much in a year lol. Yeah, me too also wash daily!!! I've been washing daily for years. Ever since I was 10 years old. But ever since I've joined LHC back in 2010 I've been only co-washing daily, and shampooing once a week instead. Oh yeah, with those scalp massages you will be reaching hip pretty soon. Oh, right now I'm taking vitamins for hair, skin, and nail by Spring Valley. I take them after each meal, and they have helped me with thickness and growth!!!

likelikepenny
February 4th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Ok, yeah 17 inches would be too much in a year lol. Yeah, me too also wash daily!!! I've been washing daily for years. Ever since I was 10 years old. But ever since I've joined LHC back in 2010 I've been only co-washing daily, and shampooing once a week instead. Oh yeah, with those scalp massages you will be reaching hip pretty soon. Oh, right now I'm taking vitamins for hair, skin, and nail by Spring Valley. I take them after each meal, and they have helped me with thickness and growth!!!

I've really been wanting to try a hair vitamin or even plain bioton but it always makes me break out :(

ETA: WCC has been working wonders for me. Replacing the wash with ACV unless clarifying.

Dark40
February 4th, 2017, 09:29 PM
I've really been wanting to try a hair vitamin or even plain bioton but it always makes me break out :(

ETA: WCC has been working wonders for me. Replacing the wash with ACV unless clarifying.

I used to take just plain ole biotin a couple of years ago but I've just decided to give the hair, skin, and nails vitamins a try, and they work wonders. Because, they have a lot of biotin in them. Oh yeah, I've heard a lot about that on youtube biotin breaking a lot of people out :-) It doesn't break me out. Because, I drink plenty of water.

What is WXX? I bet replacing the wash with ACV is clarifying. I have been thinking about trying out the ACV for rinses for clarifying. Since I do co-wash a lot.

abribun
February 4th, 2017, 09:40 PM
I'd need to grow 14 inches of hair to get to hip by the end of the year!! It'll have to wait until next year haha 💔

likelikepenny
February 4th, 2017, 10:14 PM
I used to take just plain ole biotin a couple of years ago but I've just decided to give the hair, skin, and nails vitamins a try, and they work wonders. Because, they have a lot of biotin in them. Oh yeah, I've heard a lot about that on youtube biotin breaking a lot of people out :-) It doesn't break me out. Because, I drink plenty of water.

What is WXX? I bet replacing the wash with ACV is clarifying. I have been thinking about trying out the ACV for rinses for clarifying. Since I do co-wash a lot.

WCC stands for Wash, Condition, Condition. I first wash my hair with an ACV rinse if I feel it's needed then I use a cone free conditioner to moisturize, after I add a cone conditioner to seal it all in while doing the rinse out oil method. There's threads for both and it's really helped my winter dryness.

I find I still get build up with ACV although that's only if I'm using a lot of oils and cones, otherwise I wouldn't need to clarify. I think ACV definitely extends the time between clarifying sessions. I've gone about six months without needing to but YMMV.

spirals
February 4th, 2017, 10:44 PM
I want to be hip curly by Christmas. I'm hip if I stretch the longest parts.

kendraf
February 10th, 2017, 10:31 AM
I'm in! I've been maintaining between MBL & Waist for the past few months to trim off old bleach, and now I'm ready to focus on growing for the year.

I should be able to get a good 4.5" by December (allowing for 3 trims of 0.5"), which will put me right at my pants line when stretched :)

hanne jensen
February 17th, 2017, 12:49 AM
I've reached hip so I'm moseying on over to the waist to tailbone thread.

Dark40
February 17th, 2017, 08:59 PM
WCC stands for Wash, Condition, Condition. I first wash my hair with an ACV rinse if I feel it's needed then I use a cone free conditioner to moisturize, after I add a cone conditioner to seal it all in while doing the rinse out oil method. There's threads for both and it's really helped my winter dryness.

I find I still get build up with ACV although that's only if I'm using a lot of oils and cones, otherwise I wouldn't need to clarify. I think ACV definitely extends the time between clarifying sessions. I've gone about six months without needing to but YMMV.

OH yeah, that's what I thought it meant. I wasn't sure. I have a thread on here about it. What I mostly do on a daily basis is wash and condition. Or, one week I'll use both shampoo and conditioner. Then, another week I'll just co-wash with conditioner. My hair loves cones and silicones! I need them both for shine and moisture. Plus, they both help me with my split ends. I hardly ever get any split ends.

Dark40
February 17th, 2017, 09:02 PM
I've reached hip so I'm moseying on over to the waist to tailbone thread.
Congrats on your next level of new growth to waist to tailbone thread! I think I be joining that thread very soon this year! I have already stopped by to say hello. So, I'll see you there!

Reyesuela
March 5th, 2017, 07:06 PM
I probably won't make it, but I'll be close. :)

saddamna
March 5th, 2017, 07:28 PM
I need 4 more inches...I don't know what's my rate or if I can make it.

spirals
March 5th, 2017, 08:38 PM
I'm 2 inches to BCL, stretched. I still don't feel like I'm at hip. Hair dysmorphia. Or actually, it's that what I perceive to be hip is actually BCL. Of course, once I'm there it still won't feel long enough. I'll say, "At tailbone it'll feel long." And then I'll get to tailbone and be like "It's not long until it's classic." Never enough, I tell ya.

dvep
March 5th, 2017, 11:27 PM
I think I can make it, but my shorter front layers will always make me feel as though my hair is shorter than it really is. Someday, I vow they will be evened out!

draysmir
March 6th, 2017, 09:44 AM
I think I can make it, but my shorter front layers will always make me feel as though my hair is shorter than it really is. Someday, I vow they will be evened out!

I have the same problem too! I only have a couple more inches of trims until my layers are fully cut out, but they still sit a lot higher on my back then the length of my hair :( The way my layers were cut, the hair close to my face (hair infront of my ears) are my layers so when I pull my hair to the front, it makes my hair feel shorter than it is. I unfortunately have a considerable amount of damage on my layers (from trying to grow them out for two years), so even when they're finally the same length as the rest of my hair, I'll still have to wait a few good trims until they're not so thin and damaged.

Dark40
March 6th, 2017, 03:55 PM

Wow, you've got a long ways to go before you make it to hip, huh? I do too. Which is about 4 inches on me. May I ask you....How tall are you? I'm really short...LOL Like, 5ft 1".

likelikepenny
March 6th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Wow, you've got a long ways to go before you make it to hip, huh? I do too. Which is about 4 inches on me. May I ask you....How tall are you? I'm really short...LOL Like, 5ft 1".

I meant to say seven inches, not seventeen in that post. I'm 4'10.

Dark40
March 6th, 2017, 04:09 PM
I meant to say seven inches, not seventeen in that post. I'm 4'10.

Ok. Wow, you're shorter than me.

likelikepenny
March 6th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Ok. Wow, you're shorter than me.

Lol, I'm shorter than most people.

dvep
March 6th, 2017, 05:41 PM
I have the same problem too! I only have a couple more inches of trims until my layers are fully cut out, but they still sit a lot higher on my back then the length of my hair :( The way my layers were cut, the hair close to my face (hair infront of my ears) are my layers so when I pull my hair to the front, it makes my hair feel shorter than it is. I unfortunately have a considerable amount of damage on my layers (from trying to grow them out for two years), so even when they're finally the same length as the rest of my hair, I'll still have to wait a few good trims until they're not so thin and damaged.

That is me exactly! It's a long road but I'm trying to be patient. There's really nothing else I can do!

MoonRabbit
March 6th, 2017, 05:45 PM
I might be able to make it. Hip is about 3.5 inches away, according to the measuring tape. But it looks like 5in away in the mirror...

butterflybutton
March 19th, 2017, 01:23 AM
My longest racer hairs are almost there, stretched that is! I seem to get the most impatient with growing hair when it's getting close to the next marker, thankfully I have lots of distractions this month

spirals
March 19th, 2017, 06:37 PM
I'm 2.5" from BCL. At that point it will be hip curly, I think. The tip of my English braid is at waist.

littlemissla
March 19th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone!! I'm fairly new to Long hair community. I joined the no trim 2017 forum which I think will help me on this challenge too :) but I'm just not sure if I'll make it? I haven't measured my hair or anything specifically just letting it do its thing. I'm not cutting/colouring or heating my hair this year. Do you guys think I can make hip by Christmas? If not then maybe near?

littlemissla
March 19th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Here is my hair now :) sorry I'm still learning how to post :D

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/lc199654/IMG_6163_zps0h1bsl4e.jpg (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/lc199654/media/IMG_6163_zps0h1bsl4e.jpg.html)

likelikepenny
March 19th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Welcome!

It looks like a little bit of stretch, assuming your growth rate is average. If not this year, then definitely early/mid next year.

draysmir
March 19th, 2017, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone!! I'm fairly new to Long hair community. I joined the no trim 2017 forum which I think will help me on this challenge too :) but I'm just not sure if I'll make it? I haven't measured my hair or anything specifically just letting it do its thing. I'm not cutting/colouring or heating my hair this year. Do you guys think I can make hip by Christmas? If not then maybe near?

You will probably definitely be able to make it to waist length by the end of the year. If you're not going to be trimming the whole year, you might be able to get close to hip depending on your growth rate :)

lizardspots
March 20th, 2017, 08:15 AM
I have no idea at what rate my hair grows - I tried measuring it for the first time the other day, and I got a variety of measurements between 26 and 28 inches! I'm close to waist, and hip is roughly 5 inches away, so hopefully I could reach hip by Christmas!

I'm concentrating on reducing hair fall, growing out layers, thickening my hemline, and looking after my bleached ends. Any extra gain in length is super awesome bonus! C:

Dark40
April 7th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Lol, I'm shorter than most people.

LOl, I see that. I'm short also. I'm 5ft 1".

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 9th, 2017, 03:59 AM
Hi everyone
I'm still here and still growing :o

janeytilllie
April 9th, 2017, 07:27 AM
I think I will reach hip length by Christmas. It took 10 months from layered collar bone length to top of BSL blunt hemline.

I'm 4ft9 and I have a short torso.
I'm growing an inch a month.

Here's my current length to document
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26769&d=1491070020

I reach waist stretched in the shower.
I'm lower BSL wavy or I think or MBL wavy not sure which. It's 6 inches to go for me to reach hip.
Happy growing everyone :)

butterflybutton
April 14th, 2017, 04:12 PM
I love the texture of your hair janey!

janeytilllie
April 14th, 2017, 05:18 PM
I love the texture of your hair janey!

Thank you :flowers:

wispe
April 14th, 2017, 06:48 PM
I've hit 31"/79cm. Hip is ~33.5"/85cm on me... so about 4 months to go. Though it always takes another 2 months to feel solidly at a milestone, due to taper/layered ends.

Congrats on your progress, Janey!

Alissalocks
April 14th, 2017, 07:09 PM
I'm at 31.5", just barely waist length, and hip is about 36" on me. With the trim I'm due this summer, I *might* still make it? :cheer: Crossing fingers!!

wispe
April 14th, 2017, 07:51 PM
I'm at 31.5", just barely waist length, and hip is about 36" on me. With the trim I'm due this summer, I *might* still make it? :cheer: Crossing fingers!!

You're powering on~ :cheer:

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 14th, 2017, 11:38 PM

Awesome! Enjoy.

janeytilllie
April 15th, 2017, 07:27 AM
I've hit 31"/79cm. Hip is ~33.5"/85cm on me... so about 4 months to go. Though it always takes another 2 months to feel solidly at a milestone, due to taper/layered ends.

Congrats on your progress, Janey!

Thank you :)

It won't take you long at all to reach hip, your hair is absolutely pretty, I love pale pink :inlove:

wispe
April 15th, 2017, 08:47 AM

It won't take you long at all to reach hip, your hair is absolutely pretty, I love pale pink :inlove:

Perks of being a shortie, haha. Thank you so much! :heartbeat:

Alissalocks
April 15th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Thank you Kat Rinne and wispe! Your encouragement is kind, and I'm the same as you wispe... my ends are wispy fine and I don't feel right calling a milestone until I can reach it (and even trim back to it), if that makes sense?

wispe
April 15th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Thank you Kat Rinne and wispe! Your encouragement is kind, and I'm the same as you wispe... my ends are wispy fine and I don't feel right calling a milestone until I can reach it (and even trim back to it), if that makes sense?

I totally get that. I actually did that with waist - I technically reached it end of October, but I held off calling it until December, when I gave myself a trim and was still at waist (I was back to where I was at in October, basically). Of course, it wasn't until February when people started noticing I'd hit it, because at that point I was more solidly waist, not just with the longest bits stretched. I definitely feel better about it when I can pass and trim back to a milestone rather than getting so close but trimming back before I can call it.

I'm actually getting excited that this month I might feel confident adding a + to my length (for WL+) since I consider the + to be the point where I've solidly passed a milestone/halfway to the next one. That's just how it feels right for me. I suppose I'll see how it looks when I take my monthly photo on the 20th. Since I'm doing a daily hairstyle challenge this month I totally understand how you can put it up and forget about it and discover it's grown later on, I haven't seen my length down and unmanipulated since last months' length check.

Dark40
April 19th, 2017, 07:28 PM

Hi and welcome! :) I've also joined the no trim challenge or club too! I really hope that I make it there by Christmas of this year. My hair is already MBL!!! So, keep your fingers crossed!!!

lithostoic
April 19th, 2017, 08:15 PM
I'm going to try! Joined the no trim July-Dec challenge, right now I'm maintaining close to waist. I'll be counting hip stretched/combed straight since that's how I'll likely be wearing it then. Here's my pic from today, unstretched.

https://scontent-mia1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/17880147_1662393950444017_4391960380006683829_o.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c69fd4d0fb81a2b9b423cbd1cc27d1b3&oe=5988ADAA

It's hard to see bc I have a small waist, but my waist is right about where the shirt bulges out on the right side just above my elbows. I'll take a better (shirtless) pic also showing hip in a couple weeks when it's time for my monthly length shot.

nitagurl
April 20th, 2017, 06:35 AM
I'm definitely joining this challenge. Feels like I've been waiting for hip since the summer of '16. I don't like to wait.

Not having a growth stall (that I've noticed) or suffering from any chronic split ends so I honestly do expect to be hovering around or a little bit beyond hip come Christmas. But I'm going to try the Monistat 7 gimmick and see if I notice a boost in growth from that. I'd love to see what an inch in a month looks like. If it works then I'll do it for just one week every month leading up to December. Heavily assuming that I experience no adverse affects.

ANYWAY! I'm on board.

wispe
April 20th, 2017, 10:31 AM
I'm going to try! Joined the no trim July-Dec challenge, right now I'm maintaining close to waist. I'll be counting hip stretched/combed straight since that's how I'll likely be wearing it then. Here's my pic from today, unstretched.

[pic]

It's hard to see bc I have a small waist, but my waist is right about where the shirt bulges out on the right side just above my elbows. I'll take a better (shirtless) pic also showing hip in a couple weeks when it's time for my monthly length shot.

I'm definitely joining this challenge. Feels like I've been waiting for hip since the summer of '16. I don't like to wait.

Not having a growth stall (that I've noticed) or suffering from any chronic split ends so I honestly do expect to be hovering around or a little bit beyond hip come Christmas. But I'm going to try the Monistat 7 gimmick and see if I notice a boost in growth from that. I'd love to see what an inch in a month looks like. If it works then I'll do it for just one week every month leading up to December. Heavily assuming that I experience no adverse affects.

ANYWAY! I'm on board.

Welcome you two! I'm excited for all of us approaching hip this coming year, it's nice to have buddies along for the trip!

nitagurl
April 20th, 2017, 05:24 PM
Welcome you two! I'm excited for all of us approaching hip this coming year, it's nice to have buddies along for the trip!

Thanks Wispe!

Dark40
April 20th, 2017, 09:18 PM

Hi and welcome to the community! How long is your hair now???

Dark40
April 20th, 2017, 09:22 PM
Hi nitagurl and welcome! :)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 21st, 2017, 12:57 PM
Welcome nitagurl.

likelikepenny
April 21st, 2017, 06:09 PM
Thanks Wispe!

Do you relax? Your hair looks very healthy.

nitagurl
April 22nd, 2017, 04:44 AM
Thanks Dark40 and Kat-Rinne'! We're gonna beast on this challenge, I can feel it.

nitagurl
April 22nd, 2017, 04:47 AM
Do you relax? Your hair looks very healthy.

No, I stopped relaxing like 5-1/2 years ago. It was stunting my growth to shoulder-length so i chopped it all off and have kept it virgin. Thanks for the hair compliment!! I eat those up like a bowl of cereal. Made my day lol.

Dark40
April 22nd, 2017, 12:56 PM
Thanks Dark40 and Kat-Rinne'! We're gonna beast on this challenge, I can feel it.
You're welcome! :) Yes, we are going to beast is right on this challenge. I can feel it too. I'm already at MBL!! Yah!!!

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 23rd, 2017, 02:18 AM

Thank you for connecting:blossom:
Yes we are gonna beast this challenge:lol:
How many centimetres do you need to make hip

Alissalocks
April 24th, 2017, 07:41 AM
I still *so* hope I make it, but the growth this summer will determine for sure. I'm at ~32" now, and need ~36" for hip. I keep telling myself I'll do a good one inch trim on myself this summer, after the 6 month no trim and after hubby and I finish our "race" but then I wonder...? It's been since last June that I had a salon cut, and last December since I micro trimmed. Ends look healthy, w very few splits, though.

Wouldn't trim at all except I want to grow out the layers, eventually, but I'm still too impatient for more length to be bothered with a strong hemline. Maybe if I hit waist by early 2018 I could micro trim the first 6 months to maintain and to try get rid of some of the layers then...?

But that's what I thought I'd do once I hit waist too, so....

(Monday morning is made for ellipses....)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 24th, 2017, 09:05 AM
I still *so* hope I make it, but the growth this summer will determine for sure. I'm at ~32" now, and need ~36" for hip. I keep telling myself I'll do a good one inch trim on myself this summer, after the 6 month no trim and after hubby and I finish our "race" but then I wonder...? It's been since last June that I had a salon cut, and last December since I micro trimmed. Ends look healthy, w very few splits, though.

Wouldn't trim at all except I want to grow out the layers, eventually, but I'm still too impatient for more length to be bothered with a strong hemline. Maybe if I hit waist by early 2018 I could micro trim the first 6 months to maintain and to try get rid of some of the layers then...?

But that's what I thought I'd do once I hit waist too, so....

(Monday morning is made for ellipses....)

Hang in there Alissalocks keep yourself busy and try not to focus to much on hair. :grouphug:

Alissalocks
April 24th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Hang in there Alissalocks keep yourself busy and try not to focus to much on hair. :grouphug:

Always good advice! But here is the only place I can let my angsty hair thoughts out :grouphug: with people who understand.

wispe
April 24th, 2017, 11:32 AM
An update~ Thumbs at hip
http://i.imgur.com/vHY0bI5.jpg?1

kendraf
April 24th, 2017, 12:09 PM
I think it'll be a close call for me - I need about 3-4 inches to hit my lower back dimples when stretched (where I'm calling hip :)). I'll have 4 inches of growth in 8 months, but I will need a trim in August and at the end of the year, so it all depends on how much I have to take off at that time.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 24th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Always good advice! But here is the only place I can let my angsty hair thoughts out :grouphug: with people who understand.

Yes :lol:
LHC is the place where we can let our hair down and just talk about it :grouphug:

Good going wispe you must be excited.

Good luck kendraf.

wispe
April 24th, 2017, 03:44 PM
kendraf Good luck :cheer:

Kat-Rinnč Naido Definitely. Hip is feeling very attainable atm (:

raemarthe
April 24th, 2017, 08:49 PM
It's so long wispe! Looks great :)

nitagurl
April 27th, 2017, 06:13 AM
Why haven't i measured yet? Since reaching waist (last freggin' year) i have yet to measure how far away from hip i may be. And even with that realization I'm still not going to check. TBL is what I really want *sigh*

wispe
April 27th, 2017, 12:55 PM
It's so long wispe! Looks great :)
Thank you (:

Why haven't i measured yet? Since reaching waist (last freggin' year) i have yet to measure how far away from hip i may be. And even with that realization I'm still not going to check. TBL is what I really want *sigh*
If you aren't measuring then perhaps it'll sneak up on you once you've reached it! Good luck with gaining length this year! :)

MoonRabbit
April 27th, 2017, 06:21 PM
I think I am 4in from hip. I can't remember how far apart waist and hip is on me. I'm trying not to measure since I am in the Seasonal Growth thread. I want to be surprised for my next check in. I feel like hip by Christmas is doable though. But winter feels sooooo far away :(

butterflybutton
June 28th, 2017, 03:51 AM
I have two inches left! I'm pretty excited

draysmir
June 28th, 2017, 07:08 AM
I have two inches left! I'm pretty excited

Nice, I'm sure you'll be there by Christmas then! :D I'm just reaching hip stretched now, so I'll be hip unstretched in another 2-3 months. I'm definitely making it before Christmas even with my trims :joy:

Alissalocks
June 28th, 2017, 07:32 AM
Still my goal too! Still pretty sure I can get there if I just hide the scissors... :scissors:

wispe
June 28th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Did a little trim (1cm) back to 31". About 2.5" to go, feeling good. By Christmas my hair should be solidly hip, even if I decide to do a maintenance trim or two in the next 6 months. (:

Cherriezzzzz
June 28th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Quick question "hipsters!" Hehe are y'all counting hip length from the place where you see your hip bones under your stomachs? Cause I see everyone from the back view and it got me thinking... how can we standardize this length? I think tailbone is even harder, with varying backsides lol but what are you using to measure hair is at hip seemingly from the back? Thanks!

Rowdy
June 28th, 2017, 11:44 AM
My 'back dimples' line up with where my 'hip bones' stick out on my front so that is where I call hip for me.

wispe
June 28th, 2017, 11:52 AM
I measure it from where I can feel my iliac crest in the front, this spot in the back coincides with where my back dimples would be (except I'm a little overweight and I have a booty, so it's more like... a back crease LOL). For pictures I can stick my hands on my hips with the first finger on the iliac crest and the thumb in the back, with those fingers parallel to the floor - that's hip for me. Since it does match up with that crease at the bottom of my back, I can tell where it is even without my hands on my hips, so I don't usually take length photos with hands on hip.

draysmir
June 28th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Quick question "hipsters!" Hehe are y'all counting hip length from the place where you see your hip bones under your stomachs? Cause I see everyone from the back view and it got me thinking... how can we standardize this length? I think tailbone is even harder, with varying backsides lol but what are you using to measure hair is at hip seemingly from the back? Thanks!

I'm measuring hip from the top part of my hip bone. A couple of my jeans sit almost at the top of my hips, so I'm calling hip when my hair reaches the top of my jeans :) And like Rowdy, my back dimple things pretty much line up with my hip bones too, so I would go by those if I'm not wearing those couple pairs of jeans. Before I realized my jeans are a good indicator for hip length, I would just press down at my sides to feel the top of my hip bones and put my fingers so they line up with the top of them if that makes sense. :)

Groovy Granny
June 28th, 2017, 11:14 PM
The urge to head closer to Hip is rising up again, so I'll see where my hemline is by Christmas, and how it feels.
This will be my 3rd time going for hip, but the first 2 times I was cutting out layers, and now with the recent extra thickness (3" from 2.5"), my hair feels nicer at a longer length.

The plan is no trims until Christmas and then for 2018 ~ dustings by the full moon and quarterly maintenance trims at the Seasonal changes.

:waving: Happy growing :cheer:

spirals
June 28th, 2017, 11:30 PM
I'm technically at hip but it looks waist. I guess my goal is hip curly by Christmas.

Cherriezzzzz
June 29th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Ah ok... hip length by dimples! So cute LOL idk if I have those... *getting the mirror...* :brainbleach:

Groovy Granny
June 29th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Ah ok... hip length by dimples! So cute LOL idk if I have those... *getting the mirror...* :brainbleach:

LOL I often use landmarks....moles, rolls....what have you.... as markers :o

But I won't be going as far as the dimples though ...my hip bones will suffice :rollin:

raemarthe
July 30th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Everybody still on track? I had a 2" trim in April but even so my straight hair is 2.5" away from hip so I just mightttt make it in time.

spirals
July 30th, 2017, 09:22 PM
I'm sitting here wondering why I'm in this thread. Oh, yes--I'm still at waist when curly. I'd like to be solidly at hip when curly (point of my V hem going below hip so that a lot of it falls at hip.)

leayellena
July 31st, 2017, 01:17 AM
this could be a reasonable growth for me. I am not at hip already although many people mistake it... but I am also micro trimming so I can grow out my taper.
for me hips are the widest area so itīs easy for me to find it. itīs some 5 cm right above the trouserīs band, my actual length

wispe
July 31st, 2017, 08:30 AM
I'm on track to reach hip by the end of October. My current plan is to wait until the end of the year and then trim back to hip (for a more solid hemline) before growing further.

MoonRabbit
July 31st, 2017, 11:50 AM
Hoping to reach hip by Septembers seasonal check in. Probably wont call it until October since I prefer to be past my marker a bit just in case I need a trim. I only seriously measure every three months, but on wash day I like to feel where my hem falls when soaking wet. It is 1/2 in from bcl. Heck, I might even make the other thread, bcl by Christmas. Time to play the waiting game.

draysmir
July 31st, 2017, 01:30 PM
Everybody still on track? I had a 2" trim in April but even so my straight hair is 2.5" away from hip so I just mightttt make it in time.

Sounds like you should be able to make it :) I'm still on track, should be hip length in the next month or two.

Hoping to reach hip by Septembers seasonal check in. Probably wont call it until October since I prefer to be past my marker a bit just in case I need a trim. I only seriously measure every three months, but on wash day I like to feel where my hem falls when soaking wet. It is 1/2 in from bcl. Heck, I might even make the other thread, bcl by Christmas. Time to play the waiting game.

I was originally hoping to make BCL stretched by Christmas, but I'll probably be at least an inch away. I hope you make it there though, that would be an awesome end-of-the-year present :D

Alissalocks
July 31st, 2017, 09:59 PM
I also just did a trim this past month and I'm not sure if it's going to put me out of the goal or not. :shrug: It feels good and needed to lose the stragglies so I'm not regretting it. It would be an amazing gift though! Crossing fingers!

C_Bookworm
August 1st, 2017, 09:47 AM
I'm two and a half inches away, so if I don't go crazy with the trims and keep babying my ends, I should just make it! Happy to be joining this goal, thanks @draysmir for the suggestion :)

Aunt Rapunzel
August 2nd, 2017, 07:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ahPFxbl.jpg

I'm going to join in and hope for the best! Hip by Christmas! I may be a bit ambitious in my wishing, but hey - a girl can dream! :-D

AZDesertRose
August 2nd, 2017, 07:28 PM
I'm probably going to trim my hair in the next few days, but I'm past waist now, and on my body, waist and hip aren't terribly far from one another, so even with the trim, I ought to make it to hip by Christmas still.

But I haven't trimmed (or S&D or anything else; no shears have touched my hair) since June 2016, so the ends do need a trim. They don't look too awful, considering, but they do need trimming. :D

Aunt Rapunzel
August 2nd, 2017, 07:32 PM
Your hair picture in your signature is very pretty, AZDesertRose!

AZDesertRose
August 2nd, 2017, 07:52 PM
Thank you, Aunt Rapunzel! That photo was taken by my daughter in early May.

Aunt Rapunzel
August 2nd, 2017, 07:55 PM
I also just did a trim this past month and I'm not sure if it's going to put me out of the goal or not. :shrug: It feels good and needed to lose the stragglies so I'm not regretting it. It would be an amazing gift though! Crossing fingers!

It doesn't look like you're out of reach to me! Good luck! (And I love how dark your hair is. I may have already told you that. :) But it's so beautiful!)

leayellena
August 3rd, 2017, 12:02 AM
it is already at hip when wet. but it curls a lot when dry so I always think I am at waist. hmm I really donīt know if I can reach hip by x-mas, because I micro trim every month to get rid of layers.

Alissalocks
August 3rd, 2017, 09:59 PM
It doesn't look like you're out of reach to me! Good luck! (And I love how dark your hair is. I may have already told you that. :) But it's so beautiful!)
Thank you so so much!! I use indigo for coloring, it's a lot of work but I think of all hair care as kinda a hobby at this point :laugh: it took effect me years before I felt brave enough to try black. I was a henna-redhead for 20+ years.

I think I'm still really close! My new sig pic is a little deceiving, as it was taken from a slightly downward angle and makes me look closer to hip than I am yet, but it makes me happy!

draysmir
August 4th, 2017, 05:14 AM
I'm two and a half inches away, so if I don't go crazy with the trims and keep babying my ends, I should just make it! Happy to be joining this goal, thanks @draysmir for the suggestion :)

Yay, welcome :D

spirals
August 5th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Aunt Rapunzel, It looks to me like you are closer to hip than you think.

AZDesertRose
August 5th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I trimmed it, and it looks like I'm still on track to be at (or maybe even past) hip by Christmas.

My hands are resting at my waist.

https://s6.postimg.org/rschasm01/Length_Photo_08.05.2017_after_trim_crop_sm.jpg

Aunt Rapunzel
August 6th, 2017, 06:37 AM
Aunt Rapunzel, It looks to me like you are closer to hip than you think.

:) Oooooh, I hope so!! Thank you!!

Very pretty, AZDesertRose!

AZDesertRose
August 6th, 2017, 07:12 AM
:) Oooooh, I hope so!! Thank you!!

Very pretty, AZDesertRose!

Thank you! :flower:

Alissalocks
August 7th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I trimmed it, and it looks like I'm still on track to be at (or maybe even past) hip by Christmas.

Looks so thick and healthy too! You're almost there, you'll make it for sure!

Dark40
August 7th, 2017, 08:07 PM

Awwww, I have those too Cherriezzzzz!!! I have 2 dimples on my hips.:)

raemarthe
September 7th, 2017, 03:45 PM
How is everyone doing? I'm about 2 inches away so I just might make it. We will see.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4379/36920758152_f9351d0e51.jpg

First pulled straight length pic in a while. I had a SMT in my hair.

Cherriezzzzz
September 7th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Psh I wish I could join this hahaha still lurking ladies! I'm at a tad into mid back length, lingering till it hits waist! Tbl just seems so far away...

spirals
September 9th, 2017, 12:53 PM
AZ Desert Rose, actually, you *are* at hip, even wavy. I'm juuust at hip wavy, almost hip curly, and almost BCL straight. It just doesn't look like it because I have a V hem.

Dendra
September 9th, 2017, 12:59 PM

Your hair looks great! :cheer:

Alissalocks
September 11th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Still pretty sure I will be close but not quite there, but I'm more motivated to keep away from the scissors :scissors: this way!

wispe
October 20th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Nailed it! Going to maintain hip 'til christmas, now. :D
https://i.imgur.com/6nVbNe1.jpg?1

C_Bookworm
October 20th, 2017, 01:00 PM

Congrats on hitting your goal early! Your hair is just lovely.

draysmir
October 20th, 2017, 02:26 PM

Congrats wispe, looks good! :)

I reached hip length at the beginning of October, I think I'll wait to post a picture until the end of the year though. :)

lapushka
October 20th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Congrats, wispe!

wispe
October 22nd, 2017, 10:15 AM
:) Thanks all! Sounds like there may be a few others joining me by the deadline, looking forward to finding out then! <3

LadyCelestina
October 22nd, 2017, 11:00 AM

Well, I won't get to reach hip by Christmas, but maybe by next?

I dropped out the no-trimming and did a very unfortunate trim on 4th of July. I haven't trimmed since and right now my hair is about an inch or a bit more from BCL stretched. Curly, it is just past my fingers when I put them on the waist marker...

AZDesertRose
October 24th, 2017, 12:06 PM
And I made it! Before Halloween, never mind Christmas! :happydance:

https://s6.postimg.org/a6n7604u9/Length_Photo_23_Oct_2017_crop_sm.jpg

(My thumbs are on my hips.)

Groovy Granny
November 10th, 2017, 02:19 PM
June 29th, 2017, 12:14 AM
The urge to head closer to Hip is rising up again, so I'll see where my hemline is by Christmas, and how it feels.
This will be my 3rd time going for hip, but the first 2 times I was cutting out layers, and now with the recent extra thickness (3" from 2.5"), my hair feels nicer at a longer length.

The plan is no trims until Christmas and then for 2018 ~ dustings by the full moon and quarterly maintenance trims at the Seasonal changes.

:waving: Happy growing :cheer:

Well...that urge was short lived :lol:....just a week later I dusted on the full moon and then trimmed on the Autumnal Equinox in September,
to hover ABOVE HIP.

It is my 'sweet spot' and both me and my hair....well, we are quite happy there ...so there we shall stay :agree:

Good luck to the rest of you ~ you all look awesome :cheer:

butterflybutton
November 14th, 2017, 01:36 PM
And I made it! Before Halloween, never mind Christmas! :happydance:

https://s6.postimg.org/a6n7604u9/Length_Photo_23_Oct_2017_crop_sm.jpg

(My thumbs are on my hips.)

Congratulations! Your hair looks amazing

butterflybutton
November 14th, 2017, 01:40 PM
My longest racer hairs are just touching hip now, I'm not sure if the rest of my hair will make it to hip in just over a month. Maybe I should start having my protein shakes again lol

butterflybutton
December 2nd, 2017, 02:50 AM
I'm calling it! I had planned on a trim this month but I will wait until the next month for a trim.

Four years from a very short pixie to hip is not too bad going

Alissalocks
December 23rd, 2017, 10:17 AM
I think I should make it to hip by Christmas 2017! I'm at 30" MBL now, waist is 32" and should be there by late March/early April. If my ends don't drive me nuts I'll be heading to hip, about ~36" on me? That's fun to consider, could be there in a year!

I was thinking about this goal the other day and wanted to check with everyone. As for me, I'm currently at ~34.5" and only kept 4.5" of the ~6" grown over the year. Now I'm hoping for hip length probably closer to March, more officially. But I sure came close, and my micro trims mean my overall hemline is slowly thckening too. :cheer: So hopefully the thickness will slowly start moving down over the next year or two also.

Happy Holidays and Merry (early) Christmas! :disco:

spirals
December 23rd, 2017, 12:46 PM
But I sure came close, and my micro trims mean my overall hemline is slowly thckening too. :cheer: So hopefully the thickness will slowly start moving down over the next year or two also.
That's how it happened for me. I didn't realize it until a former coworker said something about how thick it now was. Now that she's said that I realize the end of my braid is about 1/3 inch thicker than it used to be. I'm slowly cutting out my layers.

butterflybutton
December 31st, 2017, 04:41 AM
Well we are at the end of the challenge, how did everyone get on? Hopefully most are at hip, or at least much closer

Groovy Granny
December 31st, 2017, 09:39 AM
Well...that urge was short lived :lol:....just a week later I dusted on the full moon and then trimmed on the Autumnal Equinox in September,
to hover ABOVE HIP.

It is my 'sweet spot' and both me and my hair....well, we are quite happy there ...so there we shall stay :agree:

Good luck to the rest of you ~ you all look awesome :cheer:

And that urge was short lived LOL

In the past 6 weeks I gained back what I snipped in November and I am back at hip..... where I WILL STAY :o

Suddenly my hair has lightened up with more fine/wispy silver taking over, and it is comfy and easily to manage, vs in the past when my darker hair was heavy and hard on my joints.

I also had good growth this year, because I quickly regained all that I dusted/snipped off each month; my diet changes to cut out the junk made a difference I guess :hmm:

Congrats to all :applause:

draysmir
January 6th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Well we are at the end of the challenge, how did everyone get on? Hopefully most are at hip, or at least much closer

I reached hip length in October, and I am a bit past it now :) I have a good couple more inches until BCL, but I made my main goal of hip by the end of the year, so I am happy. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29702&d=1514835417

Hip is at the top of my pants, so I am a good inch or more past it now.

Alissalocks
January 7th, 2018, 06:10 AM
Congrats draysmir you made it, lookin great!!! :thumbsup:

Post New Years micro trim, I'm going to definitely need more time to get to hip. Should be there in another couple months..........

draysmir
January 7th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Congrats draysmir you made it, lookin great!!! :thumbsup:

Post New Years micro trim, I'm going to definitely need more time to get to hip. Should be there in another couple months..........

I'm sure you'll be there in no time!