PDA

View Full Version : How do you prefer your hair to feel and look after hair washing and treatments

Mrstran
December 10th, 2016, 09:07 AM
One of my goals starting this was to find a routine that would make my dry damaged hair feel like silk after washing and treatments. Ton of slip but not greasy. It has to really shine. I went through a lot of trial and error trying to find the products and routine to give me the result I wanted. What a pain!

I was just curious. What is your preferred texture and look after your routine? Soft, extra shine, light shine, lots of slip, extra cotton soft, El natural / no extra product, or Grease lightning!

Sorry bad refrence. I really can't stand that movie. :spam:

lapushka
December 10th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Light and airy, but weighed down enough that my waves aren't frizzy. WCC does that for me, if I use a good first C. My second C mostly is my HG, the HE Hello Hydration which I have now temporarily replaced by an argan oil hair mask from Aldi (which has argan oil as the 3rd ingredient and no silicones) and is great!

Then after that I use the LOC/LCO method for styling and it gets nice and a little shiny due to the cream/gel combo I use!

pailin
December 10th, 2016, 09:28 AM
I like smooth and shiny, but the most important to me these days (with it long) is that it feel soft and silky. Which it does fairly naturally, but that's one reason my holy grail conditioner is my hg- my hair feels even better with it than with my other 'acceptable' conditioners (I also seem to get fewer splits when I use it consistently, which is pretty important too).

Nique1202
December 10th, 2016, 10:00 AM
For me, the main thing is dealing with dryness in the length. Except when it's air drying I don't wear it loose almost ever, so the appearance of the length doesn't bother me at all. But, when my hair's the least bit dry it starts to tangle and mat up like nothing I've seen. Detangling more means more mechanical damage, and I'm aiming for knee if I don't hit my terminal first so avoiding damage is a high priority for me. So while my shampoo is high-sulfate to deal with my greasy-waxy roots, the other parts of my routine and any treatments I do are chosen with the intent of restoring moisture to my length and avoiding tangles which means humectants, oils, and lots of 'cones.

spidermom
December 10th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Smooth, shiny, and silky

Erizu
December 10th, 2016, 11:23 AM
I like my hair to feel soft, look shiny and have defined curls. I'm okay with slightly poofy curls as it's the only thing that gives my fine, thin hair volume. Too much frizz is a no go, though. It's also lovely when it smells good! :o

dancedance
December 10th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Soft with lots of slip. I like being able to run my fingers through my hair with ease.

ExpectoPatronum
December 10th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Like a lot of people, softness is the main thing I'm looking for. If my hair feels soft, I'm happy. Thankfully, now that I'm using LOC in place of gels, soft hair has become a regular thing for me :)

The frizz however...I don't think I'm ever going to win that battle.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 10th, 2016, 12:20 PM
I always want it smooth, soft and shiny too. I just wish it would look like Day 1 hair every day... but, no, it refuses :)

mizukitty
December 10th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Smooth, silky, soft but voluminous and still kind of heavy and thick. It's a lot of requirements which it's why it's hard for me to be happy with it sometimes :p basically I don't care about the shape (can be straight or wavy) as long as there's minimal frizz.

gracenotes
December 10th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Glossy and heavy with minimal frizz, but not oily. If it feels silky all the way to the ends, I'm happy! Using a pre-wash treatment and adding a bit of leave-in conditioner after washing seems to do the trick.

almost alice
December 10th, 2016, 01:55 PM
I like my hair to feel soft, smooth, and like it has some weight to it. Honestly, as long as my hair feels healthy everything else is superficial.

Annalouise
December 10th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Fluffy and and full of body or volume. ;)

Hairkay
December 10th, 2016, 03:02 PM
With my usual water rinse regime I end up with soft shiny tight clumped curls.

Dark40
December 13th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Smooth, silky, lots of slip, and shine. I love straight textures the best.

mermaid lullaby
December 13th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Yeah...I will follow the crowd soft and slippery for me!

Yozhik
December 13th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Shiny with defined wurls!

Usually that takes a very careful air-drying, though, which I often don't have time for. So often my hair is wet-bunned with large loopy spiral twists running through it.

lithostoic
December 13th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Light, soft, and full.

Alissalocks
December 14th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Silky and straight, slippy but not greasy. And super shiny, especially in the sun or under stage lights. Thanks to LHC tricks, I can run a comb from roots to ends (wet or dry) with very few tangles (having super thin hair helps too). I live for that.

renia22
December 14th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Clean, shiny and detangled, with body (but not "poofy"), and it has to smell good.

EbonyCurls
December 14th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Ropey and dense. Achievable for me only by scrunching sopping wet hair and letting it air dry, with tons of leave in.

vampyyri
December 14th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Soft, smooth, and wavy!