PDA

View Full Version : Tangle city

atlantaz3
October 21st, 2008, 07:01 PM
In the last week or so I have noticed my hair is tangling a lot more. I usually give a couple of swipes with a brush before going to bed and in the morning it's not total bed head. The last few mornings I have snarls in the under layer - like I used to as a teen ager! I'm talking a knot of hair about two inches thick blob.
I've been pretty good recently with a weekly or bi weekly smt and only wash twice a week. We had our first cold snap - is my hair drying out and that's why it's tangling?
Should I be doing something else? My ends don't feel super dry and I haven't noticed more split ends than the usual.
I guess my hair and I need to get through this phase ....

Magicknthenight
October 21st, 2008, 09:05 PM
Do you braid your hair when you sleep? That could prevent tangles.
You could try a leave-in. I would recommend some but I'm searching for some as well
hope that helps :D

Arctic_Mama
October 21st, 2008, 09:55 PM
If I am hitting tangles a little oil works wonders to help the hair slide. Colder, dryer weather can absolutely do it.

atlantaz3
October 22nd, 2008, 09:18 PM
I'll try some oil. I have tried sleeping with a french braid but didn't like the bumps in the middle of the night.... Pigtails didn't work either. My dh would think I was a goof ball if I tried a sleep cap. However the satin pillow has been bouncing around my brain for a while now.