PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Goals

JustPam
December 9th, 2016, 04:44 AM
So what's everyone's goals for this coming new year? Are you changing things up, or continuing with a longer term goal? How did you do on this year's?

My 2016 aim was to reach virgin waist length, and after 3 years dye free I did, and then promptly got it dyed in celebration! But I was far too lax with haircare and protection and have not grown much past waist due to having to trim a lot.

2017 goals - more protective styles, keep better track of care routine and progress, and reach hip length.

MegHan-Solo
December 9th, 2016, 04:54 AM
My goal for the end of 2017 is to reach longer than it's ever been, which is armpit length. Not very long I know, but from there its just onwards and upwards! (or should I say downwards).

Salty Sloth
December 9th, 2016, 05:12 AM
My goal is BCL! I should be able to do it if I keep up my maintenance. (And get my shower fixed, omg I CAN'T wash my hair in a bath)

lapushka
December 9th, 2016, 05:22 AM
I have cut back to hip at the end of November, from more than a year's worth of classic maintaining. I will be doing no-trimming 2017 to see how far I can get with the growing. Maybe TBL, that would be nice.

school of fish
December 9th, 2016, 05:29 AM
I'm hoping 2017 is the year my layers get grown out fully :) I may have to chop back a couple inches to make that happen, but I'm willing to take the hit for the sake of being all one length again ;) Will decide that towards the end of next year.

As for getting there, more of what I've been doing - continuing to microtrim monthly with S&D as needed, maintaining my daily washes and weekly hennas, waiting more or less patiently for it to happen and enjoying the ride along the way :D

And, um, maybe putting up some pics like I said I'd do this past year?... :p

Erinliz
December 9th, 2016, 05:41 AM
My goal for the end of 2017 is to reach longer than it's ever been, which is armpit length. Not very long I know, but from there its just onwards and upwards! (or should I say downwards).

We have the exact same goals! I'm going to try no trims for the whole year and see where I end up. I was at pixie three years ago. I usually go get my hair cut every 2-3 months and I think she usually takes off quite a bit. I'm really going to try to focus on better hair care to maintain my growth. I think I'll learn a lot here. Can't wait to see how we do!

lithostoic
December 9th, 2016, 06:11 AM
2016 goal was BSL which I reached at the end of August, and 2017 goal is waist c: I may or may not reach it even though I'm closw right now, because I want to cut back to APL to get rid of a lot of bleach damage. I've heard hair growth slows down between BSL and waist, so we'll see!

Nique1202
December 9th, 2016, 06:44 AM
I've learned my lesson about setting no-trim goals (stressed myself into a stall and a shed) so this year I'm gonna play it safe and say it'd be real nice to grow the last 5 inches to classic stretched, but I really just want to be happy with my hair's condition and appearance on a day to day basis.

Kiiruna
December 9th, 2016, 06:51 AM
My goal for 2016 was to reach bsl, which I did.

Hopefully I'll reach waist next year :o

MegHan-Solo
December 9th, 2016, 07:00 AM
We have the exact same goals! I'm going to try no trims for the whole year and see where I end up. I was at pixie three years ago. I usually go get my hair cut every 2-3 months and I think she usually takes off quite a bit. I'm really going to try to focus on better hair care to maintain my growth. I think I'll learn a lot here. Can't wait to see how we do!

I think I'm going to need a few trims because I have a little bit of bleach left but I will definitely be reducing them. I don't know what it is but every time I get in the chair I suddenly tell the hair dresser to knock herself out and lop a load off. I really need to stop that. I'm hoping the LHC will prevent my reckless spontaneity! I'm trying to focus on better hair care too, its already feeling softer after about 3 weeks (I was lurking here a while before registering) and I'm now more determined to stick to that. Good luck with your hair journey! I can't wait either. :o

ReadingRenee
I just hit BSL straight, and I am now in the danger zone for hair boredom and chopping. My length goal is waist for the end of 2017, but my other goal is to find non cutting, non damaging ways of enjoying my hair. I'm hoping with a little extra length I can do some of the cool buns I haven't been able to to do yet. To that end, I also have the goal of a few new hair toys, like new hairsticks, some spin pins and maybe a fork. :)

OhSuzi
Goal for end of 2017 - No trims/ cuts through out the year,
finally reaching juuust longer than my shoulders. Enough length to celebrate with one cut at the end of the year to even out all the weird mullety and buzz cut layers and feel like my hair has got some style back, but still leave it long enough to aim for boobs by end of 2018.

Arctic
December 9th, 2016, 07:15 AM
No goals here, really. I hope to regrow after my hair loss but it's not of course something I can do at will or calculate about. Reaching BSL might be nice, that's the longest I want to grow. Then after a while at BSL I might cut back to a lot shorter, but that will be likely a goal for 2018.

Erinliz
December 9th, 2016, 07:18 AM
I think I'm going to need a few trims because I have a little bit of bleach left but I will definitely be reducing them. I don't know what it is but every time I get in the chair I suddenly tell the hair dresser to knock herself out and lop a load off. I really need to stop that. I'm hoping the LHC will prevent my reckless spontaneity! I'm trying to focus on better hair care too, its already feeling softer after about 3 weeks (I was lurking here a while before registering) and I'm now more determined to stick to that. Good luck with your hair journey! I can't wait either. :o

I did buy myself a good pair of scissors to have on hand just in case I get bad splits and need to trim them. I'm not going to stress myself out over the no trim plan since I have no idea how it will go. I mostly just want to stay out of the salon and keep from having any 3-4 inch "trims"!

astrid92
December 9th, 2016, 07:24 AM
My 2017 hair goal is to grow to or past tailbone length. I sure I can do it as long as I don't become scissor happy :scissors:. I do want to keep my trims to a minimum, I want to see how long I can go with out trimming. Good luck to everyone on achieving you hair goals!:D

Serimel
December 9th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Let's see hmm.... 1) Not use any heat on my hair, no excuses (stopped about two weeks ago). 2) Have at least two trims during the year on top of the monthly s&d. (I'm really bad at doing regular trimmings, last was almost a year ago.) 3) Longest hairs reaching bcl (I have a deep u shape, almost a v-hemline longest hair hitting basically hiplength at the moment)

Cg
December 9th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Just keep it healthy and neatly trimmed. Not in 2017, but someday a true coronet braid...maybe.

Cass
December 9th, 2016, 08:09 AM
My 2017 goal is to make time for regular protein and moisture treatments. I'm almost BCL at my longest layer stretched (almost 5"9 so my classic goal is probably not 2017) but i'd like to get as close to tailbone as i can. Haven't coloured my hair for 9 months (March 2016) or cut it for 6 month (June 2016). I'd also like to keep that up. Growing out my side fringe with longest part at shoulder length so will be cool to see how long that grows in a year too. Wow i have so many goals haha :shocked:

triumphator!
December 9th, 2016, 08:53 AM
I'd be pleased with waist stretched. That'll make for a nice braided bun.

vampyyri
December 9th, 2016, 08:53 AM
I should hopefully hit CL in September of next year... not factoring in potential growth stalls and spurts.

I'm currently .5" past BCL, so hopefully I'll get there :pray:

pili
December 9th, 2016, 10:00 AM
I did a post on my forum blog that goes a bit more in depth, but my goal is to see if I can get through the year without trimming, just S&D, and I am experimenting with going as natural as possible. I have a longer term goal of eventually using only DIY products, but I'll start with seeing what natural products work for me first. If I can hit waist stretched, then I am going to start microtrimming to get rid of the layers. It might happen before the end of the year, but it might not. I tend to stall in the winter.

truepeacenik
December 9th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Knee. I'm in no-trimming 2017, but I'm tempted to maintain at knee for a while before going on to calf. Better ends and all.

Groovy Granny
December 9th, 2016, 10:28 AM
wrong thread

Annalouise
December 9th, 2016, 10:34 AM
2017 I hope will be the year I find a fragrance free/gluten free leave in, and a fragrance free/gluten free deep conditioner. :pray:

Erinliz
December 9th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Knee. I'm in no-trimming 2017, but I'm tempted to maintain at knee for a while before going on to calf. Better ends and all.

Knee! Wow. Go you!

diddiedaisy
December 9th, 2016, 10:52 AM
2016 goal was BSL which I reached at the end of August, and 2017 goal is waist c: I may or may not reach it even though I'm closw right now, because I want to cut back to APL to get rid of a lot of bleach damage. I've heard hair growth slows down between BSL and waist, so we'll see!

Is it true that growth slows between bsl and waist ????

I'm hoping for waist and a better hemline. I'll be sooo happy when I can every month to maintain.

hobbitlocks
December 9th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Is it true that growth slows between bsl and waist ????

I'm hoping for waist and a better hemline. I'll be sooo happy when I can every month to maintain.

It wasn't for me! I think there's a lot of variance in the distance between bra strap and waist on different people, depending on their proportions so for some people it seems to take forever and for others it's relatively quick.

My goals:
(1) Get over my fear of self trimming and maybe start microtrimming (at least start trimming somewhat regularly!)
(2) Actually take length shots

Kat-Rinnè Naido
December 9th, 2016, 11:29 AM
My goal is to reach waist curly and healthy.
To continue with my pre-wash oiling and DT'S.

Bhruninha
December 9th, 2016, 11:38 AM
I plan on doing no trims to finally reaching waist. I just cut back to BSL from MBL due to damaged ends.

Asrai
December 9th, 2016, 12:02 PM
- Get somewhere past shoulder length so I can start using hair toys again
- Nothing involving developer on my hair for the whole year (can still use semi dyes to tone my bleached length)
- Start regular microtrims once my hair is long enough to trim myself so I can start ditching some of the bleached bits
- Find a good setup for & start taking monthly hair photos so I can track my progress

LaísB
December 9th, 2016, 12:04 PM
I have split my 2017 hair expectations in two parts. First of all I want to get to BSL until June. It's at 59cm and last time I measured (Dec 1st) I was at 53, so 6 cm to go, six months, it's a very possible goal, I may even get there before it, since sometimes I get 2-3 cm per month. On the second half I wil try to get to MBL, which on me is 64 cm, I can get there by December 2017, I hope. I want to do a no-trim challenge butI think that a 6 month no trim is way more possible for me.

Rebeccalaurenxx
December 9th, 2016, 12:17 PM
I just want to visually see BSL on me.. I am BSL stretched but I have never been longer than that.
Eventually by the end of 2017 I would love to be at waist. I just want to hit waist.
I just want long hair for 2017.

I have never had hair longer than APL most my life. I am so afraid I will never have anything BUT that length... I am scared that i will not hit ANY of my goals for 2017 because I work so hard on my hair and see 0 results and then a year goes by and visually I am still floating between APL and BSL.

Its just frustrating and I hope 2017 is different for me.

samanthaa
December 9th, 2016, 12:32 PM
I think I can hit my goal of tailbone this year.

I only trimmed about 1.5" in 2016 and I still managed to gain at least 5", maybe 6". The last time I measured my hair was at the beginning of November and I mentioned in the "waist to tailbone" thread that tailbone was 6" away. So I do think it's obtainable, but I plan to microtrim in 2017 to create a thicker, more even hemline, so I'm not sure how much of my new growth will get cut off. I haven't decided yet how much I'm going to take off each month, or even if I'm going to trim every month or every other month, and I'm sure it will take me a few months to even settle into a routine...so we'll see.

2017 is going to be a fun year for my henna–virgin ombre. And by "fun" I'm mean "possibly one of those grin-and-bear-it-type ordeals." The ombre is going to get to that awkward eye- and nose-level this year. Can't really do anything about it, though, so I'll just wait it out. It should be pretty cool once it gets to chin.

I don't really have goals this year. I'm mostly just waiting for stuff to happen. I'm pretty satisfied with my routine right now, and I'm sure I'll learn a few new updos just by hanging out around here.

ExpectoPatronum
December 9th, 2016, 12:36 PM
My goal is to continue cowashing and finger combing. I've already noticed a huge difference in just a little over a month, so I can't imagine how a whole year will treat my hair!

I'd also like to grow enough so that after I get my yearly trim, I'm still waist length. I'm almost there! This last cut only took me back to MBL instead of BSL. It's nice when you finally start seeing progress!

dancedance
December 9th, 2016, 01:24 PM
My goal is to be APL by June, hopefully, and BSL or close by the end of the year. I'm also planning to start doing regular S&D trims. I just started recently, and I probably wouldn't have had to chop 4 inches a couple weeks ago if I had known about it a year ago.

HairPlease
December 9th, 2016, 02:15 PM
APL and a thick hemline.

I'm simpler than I should be.

Reyn127
December 9th, 2016, 02:19 PM
My goal for 2017 isn't so much a length goal, although I do think I will probably just about reach tailbone (maybe an inch short or so). But I really want to S&D my split ends out, and have nice clean ends without losing inches to trims.

almost alice
December 9th, 2016, 02:37 PM
I don't really have a growth goal. But I'd like to start taking monthly growth tracking pictures, keep it healthy so I can go with out trimming, find the best routine for my hair and stick with it, and finally try some new cute hairstyles.

Erinliz
December 9th, 2016, 03:08 PM
I don't really have a growth goal. But I'd like to start taking monthly growth tracking pictures, keep it healthy so I can go with out trimming, find the best routine for my hair and stick with it, and finally try some new cute hairstyles.

Great goals! I'm going to try to do all of those as well.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 9th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Just a simple goal for 2017 - to keep on growing and caring for my hair. I won't reach knee until 2018.

Acid
December 9th, 2016, 05:20 PM
my goal for 2016 was hip length hair and to grow out my fringe/bangs

my goal for 2017 is TBL (keep growing out the fringe which is now just past chin) and to learn some nice elven and viking hairstyles instead of being boring and having a basic bun or it being -just- down

ephemeri
December 9th, 2016, 06:33 PM
My hair growth spreadsheet says BSL by March 2017 and waist by July. So I guess my goal is waist? I just want to keep it healthy, no trims, just S&D.

I'm growing out indigo and only doing henna, so I aim to be a burgundy henna head eventually with black ends. :)

Erinliz
December 9th, 2016, 08:01 PM
My hair growth spreadsheet says BSL by March 2017 and waist by July. So I guess my goal is waist? I just want to keep it healthy, no trims, just S&D.

I'm growing out indigo and only doing henna, so I aim to be a burgundy henna head eventually with black ends. :)

I love that you have a hair growth spreadsheet. That totally sounds like something I would do! I'm a complete spreadsheet nerd!

Pacific
December 9th, 2016, 10:15 PM
I don't want to trim in 2017 and I hope to be at classic length at the end of the year.

Eas693
December 9th, 2016, 11:10 PM
My hair is just brushing my chin. I'd like to not cut or trim only s & d for the entire year, take monthly pictures, keep up with my vitamins and water intake, keep my natural hair care up, and reach a length where I can properly type my hair.

Alissalocks
December 9th, 2016, 11:32 PM
Keep oiling pre wash. Maintain black with indigo & iridescent purple highlights.

Hit waist around late March/early April 2017, then micro trim to start growing out the layers to thicken the hemline for a month or two.

Then, let's hope I can keep growing more than needing to trim as I head towards waist, which I probably realistically won't reach until sometime in 2018. :p

Llama
December 10th, 2016, 01:16 AM
I hope to reach hip with a blunt hemline...so hopefully I will get about an inch past hip and then trim back to hip for an even hem.
I'm also growing out bangs so hopefully I can get them past collarbone without trimming them back again.

It's nice to hear everyone's 2017 goals :toast:

eladriel
December 10th, 2016, 01:32 AM
- Reach (or at least get pretty close to) waist length.
- Find the best routine for my hair.

FullofGrace
December 10th, 2016, 02:06 AM
For 2017 I plan to no trim, start using henna, try to learn some more creative buns, and starting to track hair growth. I would love to be past bsl but I am at apl now and don't know how fast my hair grows. My current growth hope is to try to reach fingertip length and then reevaluate if I ever reach that.

lapushka
December 10th, 2016, 06:52 AM
I love that you have a hair growth spreadsheet. That totally sounds like something I would do! I'm a complete spreadsheet nerd!

There's a link to that particular spreadsheet around somewhere. Can someone find it for me? I'm a little lost in that regard. :o

hanne jensen
December 10th, 2016, 07:11 AM
My goal for 2017 is to reach BCL and have a blunt hemline. It's doable for me as I'm only 4 cm from hip and from hip it's only a few cm to my "vertical smile".

wispe
December 10th, 2016, 08:47 AM
There's a link to that particular spreadsheet around somewhere. Can someone find it for me? I'm a little lost in that regard. :o

It's the Managing Hair Growth Data Thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=36275) (:

I want to take monthly photos. I like the idea of a clean start (first of the month photos) but I will probably take my photos near the 20th as that's my bleaching anniversary (so I can track month-by-month as my virgin hair descends). I'm also doing a 6-month no-trim challenge for the first half of the year.

Seija
December 10th, 2016, 10:06 AM
I'd like to reach APL by the end of next year, but I don't really know my growth rate yet.
I just want to make it through a year without bleach and heat :toast:

raemarthe
December 10th, 2016, 01:43 PM
I really want to finally hit waist length curly hair, and then maintain it for the rest of the year to allow my layers to catch up.

Ellethwyn
December 10th, 2016, 01:53 PM
My goal for 2017 is to reach classic by next December!

Aidin
December 10th, 2016, 03:04 PM
I would like to reach BSL when curly and tailbone while stretched :D
Dreams please come true! :magic:

polarnatt
December 10th, 2016, 03:13 PM
My main goal is to reach BSL and then waist. I would also like to get a nicer hemline and grow out my bangs completely. :)

Stepo_NiNha
December 10th, 2016, 03:14 PM
I plan to maintain at waist, trimming all growth every 2 months (I get lots of splits). My ends are full now at waist.

kattenslaapje
December 10th, 2016, 03:44 PM
my goal for 2017 is not only to finally reach my desired length, :cheer:
but also to get healthy again after months of being ill caused by food intolerance and stomache and intestine problems :pray:

patienceneeded
December 10th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Really, my only goal is to have hair I can ponytail again. I'm growing my pixie out, really only looking to get to shoulder or APL. Don't want or need longer anymore.

butterflybutton
December 10th, 2016, 04:23 PM
My 2017 goals are to reach hip length stretched, and to work on trimming out a few more inches of the pixie mullet layers.

For my colour, I'll be doing super fine foils in the canopy and keep the underneath bleached so I can have fun colours.

I've gotten my care routine worked out, so that will stay the same.

Edit: my 2016 goals were to reach waist, which I did stretched. To trim between 1-2", then I decided to do no trims, but I ended up trimming 4" in the end.
I wanted to start foiling my hair again which happened, then I got the urge to be platinum so I did full bleach. And last goal was to finally get myself some hair toys, and I was able to get one li stick.

lora410
December 10th, 2016, 05:48 PM
No trimming,wear hair up more then just ponytail and to reach waist :)

riahbobiah93
December 10th, 2016, 06:31 PM
My goals include oiling my ends as close to everyday as possible, wearing more protective styles, learning how to do at least 2 new styles, and overall improving my hair health. If I can get past BSL that will also be great!

RavenRose
December 10th, 2016, 07:22 PM
My 2016 goal was BSL- I started just an inch shy of APL, with 5 inches to BSL but due to some meds I stalled in the hair growth for many months, with accompanying shed, plus I trimmed out some bleach damage, so now I just barely reach BSL when wet/stretched. I am an inch/inch and a half away dry/whirly

So my 2017 goal is waist not stretched with healthy ends. Waist is 4.5 inches from BSL for me, So I am hoping to get 6 inches of growth for 2017 plus whatever micro trims. Should be doable since most months I get 3/4 of an inch of growth....

chomsky
December 10th, 2016, 11:48 PM
Hoping just to keep it in the condition that it's in! Benign neglect has been good for my hair, and I enjoyed it a lot more this year compared to last. Gonna try and stick to two trims this year (June and November), instead of one here and there every other month or so.

Oh and I want to see if I can stick to deep conditioning at least once a month.

And last one, keep trailing tea tree oil mixed with 'normal' shampoo, my scalp is loving it so far (went 4 days with no flakes or itchies, compared to needing washes every other day!!), let's hope it's not just a fluke.

HairPlease
December 11th, 2016, 04:19 AM
Hoping just to keep it in the condition that it's in! Benign neglect has been good for my hair, and I enjoyed it a lot more this year compared to last. Gonna try and stick to two trims this year (June and November), instead of one here and there every other month or so.

Oh and I want to see if I can stick to deep conditioning at least once a month.

And last one, keep trailing tea tree oil mixed with 'normal' shampoo, my scalp is loving it so far (went 4 days with no flakes or itchies, compared to needing washes every other day!!), let's hope it's not just a fluke.

That sounds like a brilliant idea. I might have to try that.

mizukitty
December 11th, 2016, 07:37 AM
Reaching for a goal that's not TOO crazy, hoping to reach mid-back length in 2017, and be approaching waist. Right now it's nearlyyyy BSL, and I'd said my growth rate is about average. I don't have a long torso, so it shouldn't cause a problem. Another goal is to actually measure my hair growth! I'll be starting a bullet journal anyway, and it'll be a fascinating addition to it! :) I just don't really know how to measure since I have shorter layers in the front... I guess I can take a chunk from my crown and measure that? How do the layered people here do it?

lulikrueger
December 11th, 2016, 07:59 AM
My ultimate goal is virgin TBL(though it changes from time to time, it's usually around that), but for next year I'd love if my undercut could reach waist. Right now my hair has a U-shaped cut, but I really want a straight cut when the bulk hits at least waist.

Besides that, my goals are:

- Take hair vitamins(not just for the sake of my hair, but also bc I have a disastrous, not good, oh-so-bad, supersize-vs-superskinny-worth diet).
- Lay off the scissors almost completely. Almost. I'll S&D once in a while(following the moon cutting theory, because, even if I don't believe it, it won't do any harm), but I'm sticking with no-trimming 2017.
- I want to learn more hairstyles and wear my hair up more often, not only for protection but also bc I always make up a reason to chop a bit off if I think my ends are too far gone(and I also tend to overreact when it comes my to hair). Out of sight, out of mind.
- Keep away from hair dye, which has been quite hard lately... Ahhh, I miss black hair so much :(
- Keep myself from buying unnecessary products. I used to be a product junkie and I'm sobering up slowly but steady.
- Try to keep my ends from falling apart. They're not that bad, I'm just a drama queen when it comes to my hair. They have been through some ****, though. Dye, bleach, dye, and bleach and dye again. Probably more repetitions, and I'm not even joking. My hair was black and then bleach blond and then black again and on and on and on. Last bleach & dye was on june or july/2015, 'got back to my natural colour and that's where I'm tryna stay.

pili
December 11th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Reaching for a goal that's not TOO crazy, hoping to reach mid-back length in 2017, and be approaching waist. Right now it's nearlyyyy BSL, and I'd said my growth rate is about average. I don't have a long torso, so it shouldn't cause a problem. Another goal is to actually measure my hair growth! I'll be starting a bullet journal anyway, and it'll be a fascinating addition to it! :) I just don't really know how to measure since I have shorter layers in the front... I guess I can take a chunk from my crown and measure that? How do the layered people here do it?

I don't. I measure from my hairline back to the end of my longest layer.

TatsuOni
December 11th, 2016, 09:40 AM
1. Straighten up my hemline a bit.
2. Grow it as long as possible.
3. Regular S&D.
4. Learn new hairstyles.

Rowdy
December 11th, 2016, 09:56 AM
In 2016 I reached waist dry and straight and found I really like it! It's just the in between from BSL - WL that I can't tolerate. So my new goal is hip stretched, or close to, so that it will look waist when dry and wurly. My main goal is to cut my own hair into the layered V I want.

JadeTigress
December 11th, 2016, 10:52 AM
My goals are to work on improving my diet to maximize my growth, and to stay away from the scissors unless my ends are just horrible. And no salons this year! If my hair does truly need to be trimmed, I'll have my mom do it since she actually understands what a micro trim is. I'm a couple inches from BSL right now, and I'm hoping to be at waist by the end of 2017.

LadyAdelina
December 11th, 2016, 12:06 PM
I'm going to be 7 months sober from hair dye (lol) on December 14th, so my first goal is to keep dye free and see how long my virgin growth gets by the end of 2017!
I'm also currently growing out side cuts, with the shortest bits around chin length. My current goal is to let the shortest part get to shoulder length and cut everything back to shoulder, so all of my hair is one length again. This will also get rid of a lot of old damage from going back and forth between bleach and dye.
I also want to try more natural/DIY hair products, stop messing with my vitamin routine and just stick to something, and get better about tracking my growth so I can have more specific goals in the future. :D

Rhoward
December 11th, 2016, 07:47 PM
I just want to take really good care of my hair, reach BSL and maintain there until I'm happy with the hemline and the rest of my damage is gone :blossom:

Monsterkitti
December 12th, 2016, 03:45 AM
My 2016 goals of hip length and healthy just didn't happen (dying and bleach and general neglect).

I'm going to aim at something more achievable this year and want to reach waist finally and maintain till my ends are as healthy as possible. I also want to shoot at more gentle hair care in general and cut the straightening back again as I've been tempted to more recently.

Jadeslonghair
December 12th, 2016, 04:15 AM
My current length is pretty much hip, and my goal for 2017 is waist. I will be very happy when I reach waist. :cool:

Also I have stopped dying my hair blonde for about 8 months, all I'm using now is lightening spray which I like because it only lightens the very top layer of my hair and only lightens it slightly. Naturally my hair is medium-dark blonde. I'm letting it grow out for about 3 months and then toppping it up just because I want the dye to kind of blend in more so it gradually gets darker. If I can reach this goal by this time next year, I will be chuffed. :o x

veryhairyfairy
December 12th, 2016, 04:26 AM
My 2016 goal of classic length was subverted by trimming/maintaining. It just feels so good to trim an inch and see the immediate change in my hemline.
I took a bunch of pics recently and I finally feel pretty good about how the ends look, so classic 2017 here I come!

I'd also like to find a semi-permanent dye to match my henna so that if I ever want to wash out the red and be natural I have the option, but that's proving to be quite difficult so far.

hannabiss
December 12th, 2016, 05:41 AM
I hope to reach wait by Christmas 2017. I may wear my hair up 6 out of 7 days. I want to find a clarifying shampoo thats gentle. May actually try Torrin. But yeah id love to be at waist.. Or longer :) Also now im just growing out the bleach and dye from this year.

inpatient
December 12th, 2016, 10:01 AM
My goal is to reach APL by the end of December 2017

kidari
December 12th, 2016, 01:55 PM
I failed in 2016... I think I said I wanted to grow back to waist. I actually went from MBL to BSL. I guess my hair cannot grow to waist and be strong and healthy with chemical color treating. 2016 was the year I went from red to blonde and now I am actually thinking of "smudging" my natural dark roots and then letting my natural color grow. So all of 2017 is going to be dedicated to growing out my natural color. I am not going to use any lightener or chemical dyes but rely only on semi-permanent dyes to help tone any brass in my lightened hair along the way. I would love to grow to waist but I'm not going to be that optimistic since my ends have seen a fair share of bleach this year. However, it is in decent condition so we shall see.

jfg1987
December 12th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Goals: 1. No trims and 2. Waist length!

goneJackal
December 12th, 2016, 02:51 PM
My main goal is to learn how to trim my own hair!
It's TBL now, but the ends need some work.
As it's already past my original goal (hip), I think I'm going to settle for a solid TBL until the end of 2017.

http://www.felipesv.com/forum/k_blackhair.gif

Katrina
December 12th, 2016, 03:18 PM
My goal is to reach knee length. I am now a little past fingertip length.

lapushka
December 12th, 2016, 03:26 PM
My current length is pretty much hip, and my goal for 2017 is waist. I will be very happy when I reach waist. :cool:

Also I have stopped dying my hair blonde for about 8 months, all I'm using now is lightening spray which I like because it only lightens the very top layer of my hair and only lightens it slightly. Naturally my hair is medium-dark blonde. I'm letting it grow out for about 3 months and then toppping it up just because I want the dye to kind of blend in more so it gradually gets darker. If I can reach this goal by this time next year, I will be chuffed. :o x

Welcome to this forum! :)

moon_witch
December 12th, 2016, 05:34 PM
I didn't really have a goal for 2016 but I definitely have one for 2017. I'm maintaining at hip right now but I do want to gain some length over the next year.

1) Keep micro trimming throughout the year. I still want to work on my hemline but I also want to see some growth like I said.
2) Tailbone length would be nice but I don't know if that will actually happen. I can still dream, right? ;)
3) Take progress pictures!

I wish everyone good luck with their goal(s)! :D

Yozhik
December 12th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Wow! I haven't been on the forum for about a year and a half! How things change, and yet how they stay the same...
I'm currently at waist, and for the past couple of years I've been cycling between hip and BSL, with some extremes (got down to BCL and also cut it back to APL).
Now I have bangs, though, which makes me much happier to have something to frame my face! With them, maybe I'll set a longer stretch goal to tailbone!

Goals for 2017:
- get back into S&D and oiling
- get gentler hair ties
- try more elaborate hairdos other than my ubiquitous cinnabun

GL to everyone else! :flowers:

draysmir
December 13th, 2016, 10:26 AM
My goal for the end of this year was waist stretched, and I'm basically there now so I will say mission accomplished :) APL to WLish isn't bad in a year for me!

My main hair goal for 2017 is to reach hip length by the end of the year, which I'm just starting to graze waist length now so it should be do-able. :) I'm also hoping to trim out the rest of my layers and get a straight hemline! I also need to learn how to trim my hair so I can trim out the layers, so that too :p

Strands
December 13th, 2016, 11:50 AM
My length goal for 2017 is WAIST.

My care goal for 2017 is only washing once a week, so 52 washes the whole year.

My appearance goal is to find a way to handle the frizzy-ish baby hairs on my scalp that like standing up.

I am mastering protective styling this month, and trying to get an idea of my growth rate as well. I am hoping next year I will only need to do a serious S&D like once every other month but no trims. I want to get to TBL and then cut to waist eventually to get RID of the stupid last layer in my hair, although that might go away on its own a little with S&D over time, so it might not need to be such a drastic cut.

We will have to see when that time comes, my ultimate hair goal should be met in 2020, TBL and even hemline hair. A girl can dream. :horse:

Strands
December 13th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Goals: 1. No trims and 2. Waist length!

Girl, you and me both.

likelikepenny
December 13th, 2016, 12:48 PM
1. No trimming until at least June
2. Either hip with very nice ends or grow to classic and thicken up the hem later

Flossiebell
December 13th, 2016, 01:39 PM
My goals are:
1. No trims
2. No dye
3. Master French braids (bit optimistic as it took my mother in law 20 years, but hey) 😁

Dark40
December 13th, 2016, 01:46 PM
My goal for 2016 was to reach BSL. Yehhh!!!! And during that year my ends and growth has been doing great!!! At the end of 2017 I hope to be at hip length.

cgirl
December 13th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Outside appearance goals for hair:
My goal is to reach mid-back from APL by the end of 2017.
Will still be happy with BSL if I have to cut off damage.
To see more new growth around my temples.
To wear my hair up 6 days out of 7.
To wash it once a week and dry it without harsh heat or air.

Hair grows from the inside goals:
To eat healthy everyday and keep on top of my nutrients.
To sleep at least 8 hours every night.
To exercise everyday.
To keep a more manageable schedule.
To calm down and enjoy the moment.

hopefulred
December 13th, 2016, 02:35 PM
My goal is to be all virgin at a decent length (bearing in mind I only have 4-5cm virgin roots in 4 and a half months) by the end of the year so I can chop ALL the extreamly bleach damaged hair off, hoping for a few growth spurts so it will be a decent length, then from there I want to reach bsl (i reckon it will take me 3yrs in total to get there so il be 34 yes old) and maintain there and enjoy for the first time in my adult life having my natural strawberry blonde hair and it being super healthy

mermaid lullaby
December 13th, 2016, 03:22 PM
My goals are...

-Maintain TBL
-New year's S&D
-Take pride in my hair! (No negative thoughts about what other people think)
-Toss anything that damages my hair
-U-shape cut!

I think that is it!

Breanna
December 13th, 2016, 07:24 PM
My main goal is to finally grow out the rest of this darn henna! I'm thinking about challening myself to not trim at all for at least 6 months, but we'll see if I can stand it haha.

jokujanni
December 14th, 2016, 08:15 AM
I wish to reach BSL by August 2017 and maybe finally be able to chop off the last few centimeters of damaged ends without losing too much length :) I'm going to take conditioning very seriously.

Sammy-Catherine
December 14th, 2016, 03:15 PM
My 2017 goal is to master crown braids.

höpönasu
December 14th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Belly button length, hopefully I reach that but it might be too much to ask. I'm hoping by the end of 2017 I'm able to start maintaining.

inpatient
December 16th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Outside appearance goals for hair:
My goal is to reach mid-back from APL by the end of 2017.
Will still be happy with BSL if I have to cut off damage.
To see more new growth around my temples.
To wear my hair up 6 days out of 7.
To wash it once a week and dry it without harsh heat or air.

Hair grows from the inside goals:
To eat healthy everyday and keep on top of my nutrients.
To sleep at least 8 hours every night.
To exercise everyday.
To keep a more manageable schedule.
To calm down and enjoy the moment.

These are really nice goals! Especially the "hair grows from the inside" ones, important stuff. I often forget about them, but yeah. Hopefully 2017 will be the year of health improvement XD

Agnes Hannah
December 16th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Ftl and maintaining. I didn't make Classic this year as I had a massive shed that really scared me! However, ftl is only about 1" below classic for me as I have short arms! And I'm just about BCL at the minute. 4 inches of growth should do it, so that should be achievable as long as I don't have any more sheds!

cgirl
December 16th, 2016, 07:49 PM
These are really nice goals! Especially the "hair grows from the inside" ones, important stuff. I often forget about them, but yeah. Hopefully 2017 will be the year of health improvement XD

Thank you so much, inpatient. 2017 is definitely the year for health improvement for me, especially in regards to stress-management. I have a tendency to overextend myself, so right now for me, stress-management means not taking on any unnecessary "extras" in my life. :meditate:

Hypothesis
December 16th, 2016, 11:47 PM
My goal for 2017 is to reach waist length hair.

I achieved BSL hair this year which was my goal for the year so I'm feeling pretty confident that I can achieve waist length sometime next year. Even if it is December again when I get there.

While I'm not joining the no trim 2017 this year, I'll be doing it in spirit. Another goal, only trim once in 2017 (near the end, November or December.) Because even though I achieved my goal of not trimming, I have found it just isn't for me. I need to trim at least once a year.

So those are my goals. Waist length and to only trim once.

Salwety
December 17th, 2016, 03:39 AM
My goals for the coming year are:
- WL though I haven't reached BSL yet
- stay in the no har purchases for the year, with the exception of the basics: conditioners and oils
- keep WO most of the times
- microtimming every a couple of months in the full moon days.
- keep henna my hair every couple of monthes also.
That's it for now :)

restless
December 17th, 2016, 03:57 AM
My goal this year was to reach classic by Christmas, but somewhere along the road I realised that wasnt for me and I cut it back to bcl in October (and this is where I´ll stay for now).

My goal for 2017 is to have my (now almost-BSL) bangs catch up with the rest of the hair. I also hope my ends will thicken up a little as I maintain at bcl.

QuietVixen
December 23rd, 2016, 11:14 AM
My 2017 goal is to hopefully reach BSL. I'm about 5-6 inches away and hoping decent care and deep condition treatments will nourish my hair to better health and greater lengths. BSL would be the longest my hair has ever been and it would be revolutionary to reach it! Good luck to everyone for her/his hair goal in 2017!

AutobotsAttack
December 23rd, 2016, 12:10 PM
I'm hoping to reach hip length by the end of 2017. I reached my goal of BSL my December of this year (actually passed it, and am slightly at MBL) yay!
going to try and get my French and dutch braids down, and hopefully be able to do three good bun variations as protective styles.
I've been on top of retaining length, and keeping up with my washes, and detangling gently. I've also been doing scalp massages daily, so that's good.

And I may or may not get my bangs trimmed again at the end of the year if I reach my goal. I'll see.
Also I might add a new line or products to try. I mainly want to try a new DC, conditioner, shampoo, and leave-in, from the same line. so we will see.

Shepherdess
December 23rd, 2016, 03:32 PM
I have decided to try not paying attention to reaching any specific goal and just microtrim regularly in 2017, as well as continuing my change in some products and routine, in hopes that it will make my hair healthier. :)

Johannah
December 24th, 2016, 04:09 AM
Maintain so my hemline will get thicker and my grown-out bangs get the chance to grow as long as my length. And focus on the quality of my hair instead of quantity. :)

FairHairedDane
December 26th, 2016, 04:54 AM
My goal for 2017 is to grow a thick healthy hemline to 49 inches (125 cm), I got to that length in December this year, but i cut of 8 cm tostart fresh for the new year, and because my ends were tangling so bad when I braid it.

Beside length I have a goal of keeping my hair up as mush as possible and learn new hairstyles ;)
I might get involved in the keep your hair up challenge on here.

missc1115
December 26th, 2016, 04:59 AM
Currently my crown is about 4 inches long, and my ears are 60% covered. My goal is to have my ears 100% covered by hair by March 2017 and a decent-looking bob by June 2017. To accomplish this I am using Nioxin shampoo and conditioner and using my hairdryer only when it's really cold outside. When it needs it, I'm going to consciously try to get my hair trimmed/shaped up on the Morocco Method's rootwork days.:cool:

daisychain
December 26th, 2016, 05:45 AM
Looking forward to waist length and beyond! And growing out my undercut, it's a few inches long now.,

Atarah
December 27th, 2016, 01:08 PM
I'm hoping for tailbone in 2017, for me it's about 5 inches longer than hip so that should happen. Also to be more consistent with the moisture treatments and to buy a hairstick.

Wravyn
December 27th, 2016, 02:44 PM
By the end of 2017, I would like to reach APL. I'm about half way there, so I think there's a good chance it will happen. :hmm:

hayheadsbird
December 28th, 2016, 06:30 AM
2017 goal is waist, which I should hopefully hit by summer. Will be getting close to hip by December!
Otherwise learn some new styles, and hopefully get my second TT :)

martyna_22
December 28th, 2016, 06:43 AM
I never thought I would ever say that.. But naah. Maybe growing to BCL (2 inches from there), but other than that, enjoying my hair!

Meredith_Sulok
December 28th, 2016, 07:25 AM
More length, I guess? My hair is now as long as my upper body (and if I slouch a little, it covers my crotch... lol, tmi). And if I could manage to find a store that sells them, buy a 2-inch wide roll of ribbon. Yes, of course it's for my hair!

ipickee
December 28th, 2016, 08:42 AM
This year, I'm going to focus on getting to waist, and maybe, just maybe to hip as well.
-Daily water intake at 64 ounces
-Measure/Photo's weekly
-Better at oiling (have already ordered Coconut & Castor oils)
-Cut back to washing once a week. Must figure out how to cut the oil in between washings!
-Weekly deep conditioning treatments

embee
December 28th, 2016, 02:17 PM
My goal for 2017? Keep on doing what I'm doing (benign neglect) and enjoying my hair. :)

reilly0167
December 28th, 2016, 02:32 PM
I'm just a tad bit passed bsl, aiming for waist. This new year, just gonna try to keep things more simple and not fuss so much. Happy new year everyone!

maborosi
December 28th, 2016, 02:40 PM
So I'm poised to hit classic in early 2017, I hope I can maybe make it near MTL...though, I think part of me wants to maintain at classic to keep my hemline straight.

jazzhands
December 28th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Find more updos suitable for my length, thickness and face shape, grow out more of my natural colour, and find a good way to darken hair naturally. That's more or less it :)

Saige
December 28th, 2016, 04:20 PM
I should reach 50 inches around late October, which is solid mid-thigh on me. I'll probably maintain there and see if I want to grow longer. I've been toying with the idea of going for knee but I'm not really sure yet. I'll see what my hair is like at mid-thigh first! Other than that, I'd just like to maintain healthy hair.

Silverbleed
December 28th, 2016, 05:18 PM
I think the most important thing to me is my shortest layers passing APL, if that's possible. I think they should make it.
I'll probably be trimming my longer layers for a while to maintain health and possibly meet my shorter layers some day. So I don't expect I'll make it to waist in 2017. Who knows.

Alissalocks
December 29th, 2016, 09:12 PM
I'm redefining my goals, after some (probably too much) consideration :hmm: to micro trim on the equinoxes and solstices (more to keep track of when it's time to do so than specifically to encourage growth by using those dates), and take pictures after the micro trims for growth pics. And, if I maintain most of my growth rate, I should be at waist by late April and perhaps, just perhaps, hip by this time next year.

My layers really need to grow out, eventually, and I'd like to change my hemline to a stronger U as they do, but for 2017, I'm eager to grow while incorporating all the changes I've done since joining earlier this year.

Sulis
December 29th, 2016, 09:39 PM
My main goal is to just get the majority of my damaged, dyed hair cut off and grow out all my layers.

Dessi
December 29th, 2016, 09:53 PM
My goal is to reach a solid Mid-thigh length and improve my hemline/ends. I'm still not sure how much I'll be trimming, but I really want to gain some length in 2017, since this year I had trimmed about half my growth.

LongCurlyTress
December 29th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Regrow the 5 inches I just chopped off in November so I will be back at TBL @ 37 inches. Also grow my collarbone length face framing bangs to apl if they will grow to there in one year. I just don't want any more tangling and breakage so this TBL goal for my thickness and 3b curliness may not be a good combo. Hope it all works out!! :pray:

Seija
December 29th, 2016, 10:04 PM
I don't really have a length goal for next year, since I'm not sure of my growth rate yet; I just want to be able to fit all of my hair in a pony without it turning into a half up-do. My main goal is to go the whole year with no trims, and to keep up with my weekly pre and post wash oil treatments. I also want to try and find my go to regime since I'm still new to this and am unsure what my hair likes. There's too many options o.o

Aphra
December 30th, 2016, 04:59 AM
Get and keep my hem nice and thick and happy and not stringy and tangly (I have nothing against thin hems on other people, but mine just knots into stringy whips).
Increase my updo repertoire.
Probably hit waist, but it depends if the first goal can be achieved in the process. Otherwise I'll maintain wherever my hem is happy.

Hay_jules
December 30th, 2016, 12:10 PM
My 2017 hair goals have changed significantly just since I started reading this thread.

I'd like to see BSL or close to it by Dec 2017. It would be an extra bonus if I could hit MBL since it's only another 2.5 inches for me but I'm not expecting that.

Other 2017 hair goals include:

1. No straightening (ever) (I'm not prepared to give it away yet but I am packing it away)
2. Only blow dry or curling iron for special occasions
3. No salon cuts - I will s&d according to the moon and microtrim on the equinox and solstice
4. Take monthly progress pics
5. No kitchen nightmares - aside from oil and vinegar, if it's edible it will NOT be going in my hair
6. Oil more frequently
7. Follow through with hair growth methods attempted (I've started the inversion method 3x an never hot past day 2)
8. Properly type my hair once it's closer to APL
9. Find heatless rollers that work for my hair

Healthy hair goals:
1. Take hair vitamins consistently
1. Drink more water
3. Eat healthier (this will be a slow process to make it a more lasting lifestyle change)
4. Get more active
5. Make self care a priority

I'd also like to stop bleaching by the end of the summer. In the meantime I think I'll start researching henna.

Greenfire
December 31st, 2016, 04:43 PM
1: no trimming
2: take a multivitamin
3: drink more water
4: try more braids
5: track my growth monthly

marvel-lover
December 31st, 2016, 05:48 PM
1) reach waist length or beyond
2) no trimming (except for S&D)
3) try and master new protective hairstyles
4) begin collecting hair toys and learn how to use them

Good luck everyone, and Happy New Year!

Miss P
January 1st, 2017, 09:17 PM
My goals for 2017 are to get to BSL, continue my no dye promise and make it half the year without trimming...though I wouldn't say no to a miraculous growth to waist (I can still dream ;P). Other than that I guess finish my double major and double degree and finally graduate (with fantastic hair)!

Longhairgoals
January 1st, 2017, 10:13 PM
My goals for 2017 are to reach wl and no trimming. I'm addicted to cutting my hair so it never grows! I need to step away from the scissors this year if I want to see any length change.

mayfaring
January 1st, 2017, 11:10 PM
I would like to reach waist length and even up my hemline into a nice U shape. I have a few errant old layers that I hope will also even out. I want to treat my hair better this year with a better diet and reduce the amount of mechanical damage I put it through. I am also excited to try some new products, start doing SMT, and learning some new protective styles.

Xan
January 2nd, 2017, 12:59 AM
Try not to damage want to go classic and beyond. Let's grow lhc's

Winter Fox
January 2nd, 2017, 02:30 AM
I would love to reach classic at least by the end of 2017!

I want to find a routine / range of products my hair likes! (Switching between soap, different shampoos and tons of conditioners atm)

Learn how to do braided updos :whistle:

Sarahlabyrinth
January 2nd, 2017, 02:32 AM
Continue to look after and enjoy my hair while it grows.

Gothic
January 2nd, 2017, 06:21 AM
My goals are
1. Growing out/cutting out bleach completely by december
2. Wearing my hair up more
3. Buying more hairtoys to do more protective updos
4. Following my exercise plan (not exactly a haircare goal but I heard that it boosts hair growth)
5. Cutting my hair according to the Moon.

I just realized I have no lenght goal for this year, although I'd love to reach apl in 2017, growing out bleach is more important so I have to trim.

Wosie
January 2nd, 2017, 06:36 AM
Let's see...

Reaching TBL before 2017's over. I might even reach classic, but I daren't wish for that. :o (OMG, it's very odd to think about how relatively close classic actually is--my goal length!!)
The longer one's hair is, the harder it is for the ends to look fresh and thick, naturally. So I will probably cut my hair more regularly again, but just very little each time, a centimetre or less every couple of months. We'll see how my ends fare. I'm very picky about them. :p

Other than that... I will try to wear my hair up more often again. In 2016 I got really lazy with buns and just did braids all the time, with glued-together elastic bands that aren't the best for one's hair. So more buns it is. Also, it seems my hair gets much softer when I bun it regularly, so that's another plus. Softer and less split ends, two pretty great reasons to bun it. %D

I also might cut a fringe, it's something I've thought about for a while. A huge problem about that is that I have a mean case of eczema, and I have to put moisturiser on my face every day, and thus my fringe would get greasy very quickly. Aaand my hair is quite wavy when it's short, so I'll get the dreaded (for me) wavy fringe. I'll have to give it some more thought! But I love fringes, I think they look adorable. :')

Pamberpestana
January 2nd, 2017, 07:01 AM
I'm going to try to be able to finger comb only by the end of the year. I do alot of unnecessary brushing/combing haha. Also I'll probably join the no trim thread because I've trimmed a ton this year! I've been getting rid of layers, but I'd like to be a lot longer than at my current cbl before I get rid of more..

Seraphim
January 2nd, 2017, 08:21 AM
My lenght goal for 2017 is TBL and beyond but I don't think I'll be able to reach classic.
Also, I want to learn more styles and get more hairtoys :D

Ophidian
January 2nd, 2017, 10:08 AM
-Learn how to take good length photos
-Wear hair down more i.e. occasionally prioritize looks over protecting hair from all manner of real and imagined evils

Cannelle
January 3rd, 2017, 11:06 AM
I'd love to reach waist length this year whilst still maintaining thick and healthy ends.

Flittingsis
January 3rd, 2017, 11:39 AM
I don't have a length goal, I've been shaving my edges and currently I'm mostly at ear length.

I do want to get rid of my flakes, though!

I need a better hair/scalp routine.
Maybe go back to WO.
Really figure out what oils work best on my scalp.
Find a boar bristle brush that can get through all my hair to my scalp.

artiom
January 3rd, 2017, 12:50 PM
I think maybe my hair can get to waist length if I don't cut any. Also I want get good at doing buns and braids.

ameliasuzanne
January 3rd, 2017, 06:23 PM
Currently at about cheekbone/ear length. My hair grows fast, but I'm also trying to set conservative, realistic goals so that I can be happy when I pass them instead of disappointed if I don't reach them... lol. So, I guess my goals are:

1. Get out of the awkward pixie/bob in between stage (hopefully by March)
2. Reach APL by end of 2017
3. Take vitamins more regularly and generally be a healthier human being.
4. Try to trim less and just wait out the awkward phases if I can, but also...
5. ...get rid of some of these super weird layers that I have from growing out a buzz cut!

Mostly I just can't wait to be at a length where I can do braids, updos, etc. again. I miss that. If I can start doing those again at any point in 2017 I'll be happy!

dvep
January 3rd, 2017, 06:30 PM
1) I'd like to reach TBL but I'll be realistic and say HBL.
2) I'm committing to weekly hot oil treatments for the sake of my dry wurly hair as well my scalp dermatitis. I stopped oiling when I used homemade shampoo (it could never wash out the oil), but even being back on my wagon this first week has made a huge difference.
3) I was to grow out my layers at last, but also not over trim. I've joined the 6 month no trim challenge so fingers crossed!

Overall, I want length and health. I'd rather have the health: damage was why I hacked off my TBL hair 6 years ago so I'm not aiming for length for the sake of length.

cassidy_2711
January 3rd, 2017, 09:52 PM
My goal is to grow my hair to waist length. If I do not trim and take really good care of my hair I should be able to do it.

TatsuOni
October 13th, 2017, 08:53 AM
We're getting closer to the end of the year.

1. Straighten up my hemline a bit. - Done that :)
2. Grow it as long as possible. - I've only trimmed 2,5 cm this year and won't trim any more until January :)
3. Regular S&D. - Kinda'... I really need to start doing that on a regular basis again.
4. Learn new hairstyles. - I've learned some new ones still have time to learn more :)

So how's everyone else doing?

lithostoic
October 13th, 2017, 09:34 AM
I reached my 2017 goal of waist in August c: So I'm very satisfied and just growing.

diddiedaisy
October 13th, 2017, 09:59 AM
I’ve also reached my goal of waist. I haven’t thickened up my hemline but I’ll do that next year :)

Beeboo123
October 13th, 2017, 11:08 AM
My goal was to NOT trim/cut my hair, and I've been sticking to that so far. Kinda tempted to cut the last 2 inches off, it's kinda dry...

Rowdy
October 13th, 2017, 11:20 AM
My goal this year was to maintain at 33" and so far I have :)

StartingFrom0
October 13th, 2017, 12:37 PM
This year I am just letting my hair grow. I'll only be cutting the tips of my bangs every month so that I can... see haha.:cool: I have at least 5+ years of hair growth and it's been 9 months since I cut my hair very short to start my long natural healthy hair journey. I will be washing my hair with organic shampoo twice a week, oiling the tips of my hair when I feel so (once every two weeks)and applying a hair mask once a month.

Joyful Mystery
October 13th, 2017, 03:04 PM
My goals this year were to not trim and to reach APL. I haven't cut my hair since last December and I'm officially calling APL next week.

Dark40
October 13th, 2017, 03:56 PM
My goal for 2016 was to reach BSL, which I did.

This year's goal for 2017 is to reach Waist Length without any trims, which I also did this passed September.

Hopefully, next year's goal I will reach hip length.

Silverbleed
October 14th, 2017, 04:18 AM
My plan was waist, but I am not going to make it. Sooo I guess simply getting as close as possible to - waist.

school of fish
October 14th, 2017, 04:44 AM
I'm hoping 2017 is the year my layers get grown out fully :) I may have to chop back a couple inches to make that happen, but I'm willing to take the hit for the sake of being all one length again ;) Will decide that towards the end of next year.

Uhhhhhh.... nope! Not sure how I miscalculated that one so badly, hahahaha!!!

It's going to be another year before the layers are gone, but this year I've continued to make significant improvement in growing out my layers. The urge to chop back to the shortest bit is getting stronger, but I'd still be losing significant enough length that I'm not going to be doing that yet.

What I have achieved in 2017 is the feeling that my hair actually looks the length that it is - for a long time the wispy ends made it read a lot shorter visually. This year a lot of thickness has traveled down to my ends so it's looking so much closer to how I want it to look, which makes me happy :)

Nique1202
October 14th, 2017, 05:16 AM
I've learned my lesson about setting no-trim goals (stressed myself into a stall and a shed) so this year I'm gonna play it safe and say it'd be real nice to grow the last 5 inches to classic stretched, but I really just want to be happy with my hair's condition and appearance on a day to day basis.

Was it really only 5 inches to classic at the beginning of the year? Wow. Well except for the regrowth from the shed, which has given me regency curls at my front hairline for most of the year, at least I can say I'm right on track for both classic and being generally happy with the look of my hair this year so job well done, me.

lulikrueger
October 14th, 2017, 07:29 AM
My ultimate goal is virgin TBL(though it changes from time to time, it's usually around that), but for next year I'd love if my undercut could reach waist. Right now my hair has a U-shaped cut, but I really want a straight cut when the bulk hits at least waist.

Besides that, my goals are:

- Take hair vitamins(not just for the sake of my hair, but also bc I have a disastrous, not good, oh-so-bad, supersize-vs-superskinny-worth diet).
- Lay off the scissors almost completely. Almost. I'll S&D once in a while(following the moon cutting theory, because, even if I don't believe it, it won't do any harm), but I'm sticking with no-trimming 2017.
- I want to learn more hairstyles and wear my hair up more often, not only for protection but also bc I always make up a reason to chop a bit off if I think my ends are too far gone(and I also tend to overreact when it comes my to hair). Out of sight, out of mind.
- Keep away from hair dye, which has been quite hard lately... Ahhh, I miss black hair so much :(
- Keep myself from buying unnecessary products. I used to be a product junkie and I'm sobering up slowly but steady.
- Try to keep my ends from falling apart. They're not that bad, I'm just a drama queen when it comes to my hair. They have been through some ****, though. Dye, bleach, dye, and bleach and dye again. Probably more repetitions, and I'm not even joking. My hair was black and then bleach blond and then black again and on and on and on. Last bleach & dye was on june or july/2015, 'got back to my natural colour and that's where I'm tryna stay.

I GOT THROUGH MOST OF IT!! :cheese:
I forgot completely about the vitamins, though. I swear, I would go on the website to order them, forget why I was there, and close it. Jeez.
Also, I didn't get through no-trim 2017. I spent the whole year on S&D alone, but just this week I had an urge to trim, even though my ends weren't disgraced or anything. Chopped off maybe 4cm(almost 2 inches), but my hemline looks better, the ends feel fresher, and the U-shaped hemline isn't as pronounced. My undercut didn't quite reach waist, unfortunately.
The only thing I did color-wise has dye it pink with some direct dye(I think it was Directions, maybe Cerise? Either that or Kostume Kolor in Magenta), but no permanent dye! That means I'm dye-free for 2 1/2 years!
I did start wearing it up a lot more, but I wasn't exactly creative with that, I wore it in a nautilus bun 98% of the time. I was starting to get uncomfortable with wearing my hair down, I'm horrified of someone cutting it off, seriously.
I also got through the year without buying unnecessary products! I only replaced my shampoo, conditioner, and oils once they were running out, and I bought 1 mask, but mostly bc it was on sale.
Quite a good year for me! I'm thinking about joining the no-trim first half of 2018, trimming it in june, and then the no-trim second half.

Katrina
October 17th, 2017, 04:11 AM
My goal is to reach knee length. I am now a little past fingertip length.

I most certainly will not reach knee length this year and this was expected. It will happen next year. I reached recently one of my minimilestones: 50". I am past midthigh though, with an even hemline.

OhSuzi
October 17th, 2017, 04:43 AM
ultimate goal to be naked - but not naked because Im wearing my hair! - bout 5 years off that!
shorter term goals grow it longer than ever before (Just a little bit beyond shoulder) - should happen around summer 2018

goals smashed so far for 2017 - growing out all bleach & dye, not using heat on hair, not having it cut for at least 1 year, growing out the pixie!

hurrah!

Dems
October 17th, 2017, 02:06 PM
ultimate goal to be naked - but not naked because Im wearing my hair! - bout 5 years off that!
shorter term goals grow it longer than ever before (Just a little bit beyond shoulder) - should happen around summer 2018

goals smashed so far for 2017 - growing out all bleach & dye, not using heat on hair, not having it cut for at least 1 year, growing out the pixie!

hurrah!

Haha that bit about being naked made me laugh! Now that would be impressive!

I'm aiming for getting my shaggy mess of an ex pixie to something remotely reasonable by the end of the year. Did you go for the de - mulleting, or the grow through the mullet to get the length method?

OhSuzi
October 19th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Bit of both!
No trimming for a year growing out asymmetric pixie, mullety bit & side undercut regrowth - there were a lot of odd layers I just had to put up with!

Luckily I have a reasonable curly wave, so it was an on and off mix of keeping its sort of asymmetric, but now wavy whurly shape - then a few weeks where the hair would flip out & look a bit odd & then it d grow long enough to look like a deliberate whurly asymmetric bob again.
Also I'm pretty scruffy & work in a very small office with only 2 / 3 other wimmin so I didn't really care that much most the time when it looked crazy mullety.

1 year of pushing through with the mullet & then finally a big chop of about 4 inches to level it all up - it was a relief I can tell you.

if I'd constantly kept the mullet trimming up through out the year I would have gotten frustrated at the lack of visible progress & being able to cheatingly tie my hair up!
Plus hairdressers always seem to cut off about an inch more than you want & insist on doing everywhere not just the mullet - so I figured 1 big chop possibly going an inch over how I want it was less risky than regularly losing an extra inch every 2 months!

Good luck pushing through with the shag or taking the longer scenic route with neater styles! Let us know which you chose & how it turns out!

LizzyGrant
October 19th, 2017, 12:34 PM
There's not that much left of this year but my goal for 2017 is to reach hip length. I hope I'll be able to reach it before the year ends :pray: I'm so close already so it should be possible.. But at the same time I'm really starting to need a trim so I'm not sure how it turns out. I was planning to trim my hair in December but now I'd really like to wait until I've hit hip length. I guess I'll try to fight the urge to trim my - not so great - ends ugh.

Jo Ann
October 19th, 2017, 06:30 PM
I DID make it to BCL (until I went off the challenge and trimmed 2-1/2" off) however briefly.

Bonus: Changed to non-SLS shampoo and kicked out all but one coney conditioner and found a routine that WORKS for my hair :p And I have CURLS!! :cool:

All in all, no real loss, but much gained!

Ligeia Noire
October 19th, 2017, 08:35 PM
I planned on reaching knee by christmas and stop, I reached knee in March already so..... now, next limit will be solid calf, getting rid of my dry scalp or at least control it, even my ends, will do it this Sunday and maintain my thickness and ponder about ankle...

leayellena
October 20th, 2017, 05:58 AM
Tbl by x-mas hopefully. I think I have like 3-4 cm when wet/(relatively) straight. The rest is for another year.

Dems
October 20th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Bit of both!
No trimming for a year growing out asymmetric pixie, mullety bit & side undercut regrowth - there were a lot of odd layers I just had to put up with!

Luckily I have a reasonable curly wave, so it was an on and off mix of keeping its sort of asymmetric, but now wavy whurly shape - then a few weeks where the hair would flip out & look a bit odd & then it d grow long enough to look like a deliberate whurly asymmetric bob again.
Also I'm pretty scruffy & work in a very small office with only 2 / 3 other wimmin so I didn't really care that much most the time when it looked crazy mullety.

1 year of pushing through with the mullet & then finally a big chop of about 4 inches to level it all up - it was a relief I can tell you.

if I'd constantly kept the mullet trimming up through out the year I would have gotten frustrated at the lack of visible progress & being able to cheatingly tie my hair up!
Plus hairdressers always seem to cut off about an inch more than you want & insist on doing everywhere not just the mullet - so I figured 1 big chop possibly going an inch over how I want it was less risky than regularly losing an extra inch every 2 months!

Good luck pushing through with the shag or taking the longer scenic route with neater styles! Let us know which you chose & how it turns out!

Thank you for such a lovely reply! I always get a lot of confidence reading about people who have successfully grown out their pixies!

I sounds like you did it in a really good way! I am currently pushing through the shaggy mullet, but now it's all past my ears and to my chin it's not so bad!

Luckily my hairdresser is a dream and only ever takes off my mullet!

I shall absolutely be keeping the forum updated on my progress, I've already found lots of lovely help and advice. :D

longmane
October 20th, 2017, 11:47 PM
I'm hoping my hair reaches WL by the end of 2017.

cjk
October 22nd, 2017, 07:32 PM
My goal is much more modest than most.

No trimming.

I'd shaved my head with a cancer friend so it truly is no trim 2017. And I've never grown my hair out before, always had a well maintained pompadour or a flattop.

At the moment I'm halfway between a Carol Brady and a mullet.

This is definitely a new experience. And I'm ten months into it. Pretty sure I like it, I've no intention of stopping any time soon.

patches
October 27th, 2017, 07:24 PM
I know there's not much of this year left but I'm still hoping my hair, the sides specifically, will reach chin length. It's already past my ears so I think I can make it before the end of the year.

Dems
October 28th, 2017, 07:53 AM
My goal is much more modest than most.

No trimming.

I'd shaved my head with a cancer friend so it truly is no trim 2017. And I've never grown my hair out before, always had a well maintained pompadour or a flattop.

At the moment I'm halfway between a Carol Brady and a mullet.

This is definitely a new experience. And I'm ten months into it. Pretty sure I like it, I've no intention of stopping any time soon.

That's an amazing thing to have done for your friend! You'll be past the mullet stage in no time! I found that bobby pins, headbands and scarves were fab for hiding the uneven bits of the mullet process. I'm nearly through it now so it can be done! good luck! :toast:

hobbitlocks
October 29th, 2017, 03:22 PM
My goals were:

(1) Get over my fear of self-trimming and actually trim my hair
I did this yesterday!! It had been about 15 months since my last trim, so I really needed it! My right side had gotten about an inch longer in places than my left?? So I trimmed zero to an inch depending on the hair.

(2) Actually take length shots
I did join the monthly picture thread for a while, although I fell off the wagon in Sept/Oct. I'll try to rejoin in November!

Thank you for reviving this thread, TatsuOni! It inspired me to make some progress on what had been goal number 1!!

Dark40
October 29th, 2017, 04:31 PM
So I'm poised to hit classic in early 2017, I hope I can maybe make it near MTL...though, I think part of me wants to maintain at classic to keep my hemline straight.

Hey, I believe that you will reach MTL very soon! It looks like it that your almost there. I know what you mean. I used to say the same thing when I first started growing out my hair back in 2010. I just wanted to grow my hair to classic length but I've thought about it for a long time, and changed my goal to growing to longer lengths.

Kiiruna
October 29th, 2017, 05:42 PM
My goal for 2016 was to reach bsl, which I did.

Hopefully I'll reach waist next year :o

Well, it's not gonna be waist length, I have a few cm's to go :) Maybe March 2018?

ReadingRenee
October 29th, 2017, 05:47 PM
I just hit BSL straight, and I am now in the danger zone for hair boredom and chopping. My length goal is waist for the end of 2017, but my other goal is to find non cutting, non damaging ways of enjoying my hair. I'm hoping with a little extra length I can do some of the cool buns I haven't been able to to do yet. To that end, I also have the goal of a few new hair toys, like new hairsticks, some spin pins and maybe a fork. :) That was Dec 2016.

In a way this is depressing as this is what I could say right now at the end of October 2017. I had a lot of trimming going on in the year 2017. But, I cut off a lot of dyed and damaged hair and my BSL straight hair this time is in much better condition, so that is sort of a win right? I also did get some spin pins, new hair sticks and a fork. So I achieved some of my goals.

Salwety
November 4th, 2017, 07:46 AM
My goals for the coming year are:
- WL though I haven't reached BSL yet
- stay in the no har purchases for the year, with the exception of the basics: conditioners and oils
- keep WO most of the times
- microtimming every a couple of months in the full moon days.
- keep henna my hair every couple of monthes also.
That's it for now :)

Well my racer hairs will reach WL by end of the year.
I sticked to my hair purchases goal by buying conditioner and oils only.
I trimmed my hair only 3 times in the beginning of the year and haven't touched the scissors since april, which is better. My hair is getting longer. And I haven't reached for the henna either. I am thinking about accepting my white strands.
You can say I was in benign negligence most of the year.

WeirdCatEars
November 4th, 2017, 09:52 PM
My hair has 2 months left to grow ~5cm, it’s a long way to go for a student with exams looming and a *slight* issue with picky eating.

butterflybutton
December 31st, 2017, 04:57 AM
My 2017 goals are to reach hip length stretched, and to work on trimming out a few more inches of the pixie mullet layers.

For my colour, I'll be doing super fine foils in the canopy and keep the underneath bleached so I can have fun colours.

I've gotten my care routine worked out, so that will stay the same.

Wow, I managed to complete all my goals this year!

I made it to hip, I've blended my hair colour, and I restrained myself from getting scissor happy and have trimmed between one and two inches this year.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 31st, 2017, 05:20 AM
Reached my goal of knee and am very happy :)

hayheadsbird
December 31st, 2017, 06:08 AM
2017 goal is waist, which I should hopefully hit by summer. Will be getting close to hip by December!
Otherwise learn some new styles, and hopefully get my second TT :)

As I've just discovered I can now do milkman braids, that means I've hit my goals!

patches
January 1st, 2018, 10:24 AM
I know there's not much of this year left but I'm still hoping my hair, the sides specifically, will reach chin length. It's already past my ears so I think I can make it before the end of the year.

I've done it! I finally feel like I can call my hair chin length now. It's still got a long, long way to go but it's progress!

goneJackal
January 2nd, 2018, 09:17 AM
My main goal is to learn how to trim my own hair!
It's TBL now, but the ends need some work.
As it's already past my original goal (hip), I think I'm going to settle for a solid TBL until the end of 2017.

http://www.felipesv.com/forum/k_blackhair.gif

Maybe I can't say I properly learnt how to trim my hair... but I trimmed it on my own anyway, so I think I somewhat achieved my goal! http://www.felipesv.com/forum/k_gargalhada.gif