PDA

View Full Version : Wind on wet hair

Skinsfan07
December 7th, 2016, 08:46 PM
So, this is not something I would be doing myself, but I'm just curious. I know blow drying soaking wet hair is not good as the heat can damage the hair. But what if the air was cool, like it would be on a windy day outside or the cool setting on a blow dryer? Is air on soaking wet hair safe, or would there be an increased risk of damage?

Entangled
December 7th, 2016, 08:58 PM
So, this is not something I would be doing myself, but I'm just curious. I know blow drying soaking wet hair is not good as the heat can damage the hair. But what if the air was cool, like it would be on a windy day outside or the cool setting on a blow dryer? Is air on soaking wet hair safe, or would there be an increased risk of damage?

Yes and no. Yes, it would probably dry faster, but no, because wind is not as directed in its direction. It has a tendency to blow from all over, which increases tangling and mechanical damage.

Garnetgem
December 8th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Whenever i use a hair dryer i use the cool setting only and i use a nozzle at the end this helps to direct the the cool air..i have never ended up with tangles i have had people comment on its condition saying how healthy and shiny it is so as long as your careful and don't aim the dryer in one area too long it shouldn't cause damage.

lapushka
December 8th, 2016, 04:49 AM

A blow dryer is not damaging, if you use it right.

I would *not* recommend anything on soaking wet hair but a nice towel to soak up excess water.

After that a blow dryer on warm/cool will be just fine. And no I doubt a windy day will damage the hair. ;)

Anje
December 8th, 2016, 08:58 AM
A blow dryer is not damaging, if you use it right.

I would *not* recommend anything on soaking wet hair but a nice towel to soak up excess water.

After that a blow dryer on warm/cool will be just fine. And no I doubt a windy day will damage the hair. ;)

Pretty much came here to say the same thing -- having your hair dripping in the wind or under a blowdryer really isn't a great situation, if only because it's going to be annoying and take forever to dry. I don't think it's specifically damaging, given all my experiences swimming outdoors, but it's not like that's how I'd choose to dry my hair. Wrap it up in a towel for a few minutes so your hair is only damp and your clothes don't get soaked. :)

Cg
December 8th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Half the year always I dry my hair outdoors even with hot hot temps and in fairly strong winds. It causes no damage and feels wonderful.