PDA

View Full Version : Worth a try?

hopefulred
December 7th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone so I know there are no miracles to make your hair grow fast but my sisters friend said these increased her growth rate by half an inch per month, do you think they are worth a try?

https://acti-labs.com/me/gemma-nash/cosmetics/capill-hair-capsules/

mermaid lullaby
December 7th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Hmm...just looks nothing more than a expensive multivitamin pill to me. I still think hair grows the same rate, and sometimes has stalls too.

MidnightMoon
December 7th, 2016, 02:44 PM
girl you gotta give your hair a break here, let it do its thing!
it's gonna get where you want it, I promise, but be a little more patient with it :p

Obsidian
December 7th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Hey, I was just thinking about you the other day. How are you doing? Wile I don't believe vitamins will help hair growth, there is nothing wrong with trying them. Looks like a ok multivitamin and nothing seems harmful.

lapushka
December 7th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Hi everyone so I know there are no miracles to make your hair grow fast but my sisters friend said these increased her growth rate by half an inch per month, do you think they are worth a try?

https://acti-labs.com/me/gemma-nash/cosmetics/capill-hair-capsules/

There's your first mistake. ;) Believing what someone "said".

I'd just take a regular multivitamin, if you "must" take something. Nothing more.

Nique1202
December 7th, 2016, 02:59 PM
That seems pretty expensive for a multivitamin supplement, 17 GBP for just 60 capsules, and you need two a day? Also, the fact they don't seem to list the exact amounts of each thing in the pill is a little bit worrisome to me, you don't know what there might be too much or too little of.

I'd stick to a multivitamin from a pharmacy, they're generally cheaper by a long shot and they're labeled better so you can look up whether there's too much of any particular ingredient. Most of this stuff is safe in small doses but can be very harmful in high ones.

vampyyri
December 7th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I would just take a multivitamin that happens to have biotin in it, you'll save a lot of money that way.

turtlelover
December 7th, 2016, 05:20 PM
I'd research high quality multivitamins and improve your eating habits. That would work just as well and probably cost a lot less for what it's worth.

Dark40
December 7th, 2016, 07:00 PM
I believe they are worth trying! I take hair, skin, and nails vitamins 3 times daily, and I've noticed a big improvement in the health and thickness of my hair!!! I already naturally have fast growing hair but I just wanted to speed up my growth rate, and instead of growing an inch per month I get like 1.5 inch almost 2 inches per month!!! And, I've been taking the pills for about 3 weeks or a month now.

LadyCelestina
December 7th, 2016, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't take any unless you know you have a condition which causes a deficiency in some vitamins or so. In the better case, you'll pee them out, in worse, you'll damage your system.

lapushka
December 8th, 2016, 04:53 AM
In our local Aldi they now have multivitamins permanently there. In a nice box, in a nice tub and tiny round/flat pills. They contain 100% iron and zinc and a whole slew of other vitamins & minerals. I have bought their effervescent tablets when they were on offer there (once off every year). They contain 70% iron and 100% zinc, and all the key vitamins & minerals. They are awesome; cost me 89cts a 20-tablet tube. I have a few medical conditions, one I need to take an anti-seizure med for that draws out B-vitamins and a few others because I've been on it a long time (not complaining because it does what it is supposed to do!). My bloodwork is always OK in that regard, so I can't complain and the vitamins are truly worth it!

A regular plain old, simple multivitamin is *all* you need!

Angelica
December 13th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I don't think there is any harm in trying them. However, it can take up to three months for you to see any difference, that goes with any supplement or medication. Good luck.

hopefulred
December 15th, 2016, 10:35 PM
Hey, I was just thinking about you the other day. How are you doing? Wile I don't believe vitamins will help hair growth, there is nothing wrong with trying them. Looks like a ok multivitamin and nothing seems harmful.

Hey Hun aw thankyou for thinking of me! I'm ok just impatiently waiting for my hair to grow out virgin but it's such a long process and I have a very impatient personality too! I'm only 4.5 months in and am already fed up of waiting!! It doesn't help that I can do anything with it other than have it tied back in a bobble for the next year until it's grown out enough to have all the damage chopped off.

I'm not down with the two tone hair so am dealing with it by putting blonde dry shampoo on my parting to blend the demercratoin line so that's helping me get through the grow out.

I've come to learn to love my hair colour and am in fact quite protective of it now! When ppl say 'when it's all growing out you could have highlights' I'm like 'no I don't want anything on it I like the colour as it is and I don't want bleach (or permanent colour) on my hair ever again!! So it just needs to grow quicker!

Since writing this thread I've asked the seller if this is safe to take whilst breast feeding and she said they don't recommend it so il stick with my postnatal multi vitamin until I've stopped feeding, thankyou everyone for your comments

Obsidian
December 15th, 2016, 11:20 PM
Its great to hear you've embraced your natural color. I was going to grow out my henna but I just couldn't stand the roots (I have very light blond hair) so I'm going to slowly go lighter and lighter with the henna. I figure within a year I should have a pretty interesting reverse ombre going on.

Prenatal vitamins should actually be good for hair nutrition. I'd feel safer taking them then any hair growth formula.

Flipgirl24
December 16th, 2016, 08:20 PM
If you want to take a vitamin, take one that is in capsule form and a good quality brand. Garden of Life or Trophic make good ones. Many common brands use fillers and jam the ingredients so tightly, your body doesn't absorb the vitamins. I would also be wary of going overboard on vitamins because some are toxic if too much is taken. Not all are excreted in the urine.

turtlelover
December 16th, 2016, 10:57 PM
I take Enzymatic Therapy Doctor's Choice -- one multivitamin supplement for women, and then a supplementary supplement for diabetics (while not technically diabetic, I am borderline). I haven't noticed it affecting my hair growth, but I feel MUCH better when I take them daily than when I don't. They also make my skin nicer.

hanne jensen
December 18th, 2016, 02:51 AM
I would be very hesitant to take anything where the exact amounts of vitamines aren't listed, especially while breast feeding. Everything that you eat or drink goes directly into your baby. People have died from taking too many fat dissolved vitamins.

A good old fashioned healthy diet with a "normal" vitamin supplement should be enough or as long as you are breast feeding the supplement you are now taking. Talk to your GP.