PDA

View Full Version : Chopped.

Nadine <3
December 6th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Hey all. I haven't been around a whole ton. Life is busy.

Since I joined here 4 years ago my goal has always been waist length. I finally hit that milestone a few months ago! I should have been happy but...man, my hair was a lot of work. I couldn't keep it happy! I couldn't wear it down because it tangled up and then it looked stringy and it broke when I tried combing it out. Wearing it up was fine, but it still tangled and having the long hair I wanted seemed pointless if I couldn't let it go on occasion.

I tried moisture, protein, no protein, oils, butters... My scalp was always oily and the ends were hay. Even my ever supportive SO, who is a long hair lover was annoyed with it. He couldn't lovingly pat my hair anymore because his hands, even while being super gentle, would get STUCK in there! Ouch for me, and panic for him because he didn't want to hurt my tender head or break any hair...

I didn't even take any photos when I reached my milestone because I hated it. So yesterday I put it in a low pony, tied another pony in a spot that seemed good to me (seriously, I wasn't very precise about it at all) and I just cut it off. Probably cut about 5 inches off.

http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/nschommer22/WOO_zpsbfyr5nfe.jpg
http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/nschommer22/WOO%202_zpsbia0ehxd.jpg

Looks like I took myself up to BSL length. I'm pretty happy here. It's much more manageable and my ends are like butter now!

202_bh_rider
December 6th, 2016, 02:17 PM
you seem happy with it, so that's a good thing! we all have our comfortable length, and i'm happy for you because you seem to have found yours! congrats!

Anje
December 6th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Is there something in the water right now, or am I just noticing it because I chopped too?

(I blame the US election, actually.)

ETA: Doh, left out the most important part: It looks great on you, and you did a nice job with the cut! Fun color too. :)

mz_butterfly
December 6th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Your hair looks great and you look happy :)

I also love your tee and jammie pants!

Laurenji
December 6th, 2016, 02:34 PM
It looks really good! I totally feel you; I got to waist 3 or 4 times and chopped it back up to BSL every time. Somehow I managed to grow it to hip this time without hating it, and I found a new "happy length" because it goes up in buns really well. But I definitely agree that if you want to have long hair and wear it down too, BSL is a very good length.

(P.S. Love your red)

lapushka
December 6th, 2016, 02:42 PM
That still looks pretty long on you! I like it a lot. :D And the color is divine!

Frankenstein
December 6th, 2016, 02:51 PM
I love it! You did a great job trimming it yourself.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 6th, 2016, 03:16 PM
That looks great on you! Yay that you have found your ideal length :)

hannabiss
December 6th, 2016, 03:19 PM
It looks really nice!! You did a good job. Also it's still pretty long by normal standards. Glad your happy with it.

DweamGoiL
December 6th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Lovely! :)

Groovy Granny
December 6th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Love the color and length ~ enjoy!

browneyedsusan
December 6th, 2016, 03:25 PM
It looks fantastic!
That color really suits you. :)

Arctic
December 6th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Definitely something in the air or water, with all the chops lately! Your hair looks great at this length!

ephemeri
December 6th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Looks great and I'm so glad you're happy with it. I LOVE the color!!

sarahthegemini
December 6th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Looks nice and shiny!

FullofGrace
December 6th, 2016, 03:42 PM
It's beautiful and it should be something that brings you joy. Do not hold on to baggage that drags you down, in hair or in life. :)

pailin
December 6th, 2016, 05:01 PM
It's beautiful, and it sounds like you're enjoying it again now! That's all that matters.
And I also love that color.

Wosie
December 6th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Wow, your hair is looking awesome, Nadine! :D You did great cutting your hair yourself, the hemline is perfect. :flower:

ReadingRenee
December 6th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Wow, your hair is looking awesome, Nadine! :D You did great cutting your hair yourself, the hemline is perfect. :flower:

Yes! Your hair looks amazing and your hemline looks perfect! My self trims never look that straight. I'm happy for you! :)

Annalouise
December 6th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Nadine ~ your hair looks great! I chopped back to bsl a million times. You might stay there or you might want to give waist another try? Who knows! But it looks very healthy and nice so no worries there. :D

Anje ~ WHAT? fingerlength to... buzz? What happened?? :ale:

turtlelover
December 6th, 2016, 05:57 PM
I think it is a good length on you, and looks good with your face shape. :-) Sometimes less is more! Looks nice and healthy!

Anje
December 6th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Anje ~ WHAT? fingerlength to... buzz? What happened?? :ale:
Not to hijack... but lots of things came together. I'd considered it for a while, knew I'd be OK with it. And I'm constantly running my hands over it going "FUZZY!" to myself now. :lol:

DarkChocolate
December 6th, 2016, 06:11 PM
It looks great:)

ExpectoPatronum
December 6th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Looks good! Your hair is a beautiful color too. You did a good job on the cut!

I did the same thing, kinda. Mine was at waist (when wet) but it was too tangly and unmanageable so I got it cut back up to BSL/MBL. Much happier with it now. As some of the other members have said, sometimes less is more! And I'm like you, I don't think long hair is as fun if I can't let it free sometimes :)

Chocowalnut
December 6th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Its still very long and I love the color

MeAndTheMaz
December 6th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Agree with everyone else. It looks good. Nice trim job! :thumbsup: Perhaps with your new "buttery ends", you can have a more enjoyable and manageable trip back to waist.

Not to hijack... but lots of things came together. I'd considered it for a while, knew I'd be OK with it. And I'm constantly running my hands over it going "FUZZY!" to myself now. :lol:

Is there a thread, with, y'know, photographic evidence?

LaísB
December 6th, 2016, 07:41 PM
It looks great, and really healthy now. Also the color is so pretty!!

spidermom
December 6th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Thumbs up; nice result!

Rebeccalaurenxx
December 6th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Agree with everyone else. It looks good. Nice trim job! :thumbsup: Perhaps with your new "buttery ends", you can have a more enjoyable and manageable trip back to waist.

There are a lot of members here that refrain from posting photos and enjoy keeping themselves "anonymous" and do not like posting photos specifically here as they are open to the public and viewable by non-members. So I wouldn't worry about it. Anje is a pretty honest mod, if I do say so myself lol

I think the hair cut looks great! Your ends are thick and healthy! And if its any consolation, you hair is still, longer than mine! LOL.

Anje
December 6th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Just a blog entry.

There are a lot of members here that refrain from posting photos and enjoy keeping themselves "anonymous" and do not like posting photos specifically here as they are open to the public and viewable by non-members. So I wouldn't worry about it. Anje is a pretty honest mod, if I do say so myself lol.
Yeah, I'm not big on making threads about myself and all. Just how I am. And thanks! :)

Anyway, back to Nadine's cool hair!

Totty
December 7th, 2016, 01:55 AM
Adore the colour, and nice cutting job

Kake
December 7th, 2016, 04:40 AM
It's beautiful Nadine.

Upside Down
December 7th, 2016, 08:23 AM
I love it! The color us amazing too!!! Really looks great on you (What dye is it btw? Directions rose red?) and your hemline is so even!!!

school of fish
December 7th, 2016, 08:27 AM
That looks amazing! Both colour and cut!

lapushka
December 7th, 2016, 08:35 AM

Wha-? :shocked: Anje! Well I'm glad you like it because there really is no turning back from that. What are you going to do now? Have it buzzed for a while, or grow right back? Have you decided yet? (sorry for the derail, but I just have to ask). :)

Mrstran
December 7th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Hey all. I haven't been around a whole ton. Life is busy.

Since I joined here 4 years ago my goal has always been waist length. I finally hit that milestone a few months ago! I should have been happy but...man, my hair was a lot of work. I couldn't keep it happy! I couldn't wear it down because it tangled up and then it looked stringy and it broke when I tried combing it out. Wearing it up was fine, but it still tangled and having the long hair I wanted seemed pointless if I couldn't let it go on occasion.

I tried moisture, protein, no protein, oils, butters... My scalp was always oily and the ends were hay. Even my ever supportive SO, who is a long hair lover was annoyed with it. He couldn't lovingly pat my hair anymore because his hands, even while being super gentle, would get STUCK in there! Ouch for me, and panic for him because he didn't want to hurt my tender head or break any hair...

I didn't even take any photos when I reached my milestone because I hated it. So yesterday I put it in a low pony, tied another pony in a spot that seemed good to me (seriously, I wasn't very precise about it at all) and I just cut it off. Probably cut about 5 inches off.

http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/nschommer22/WOO_zpsbfyr5nfe.jpg
http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/nschommer22/WOO%202_zpsbia0ehxd.jpg

Looks like I took myself up to BSL length. I'm pretty happy here. It's much more manageable and my ends are like butter now!

Your hair is so cute! I think that length looks great on you, still long but isn't a hassle. Where you are at now is where I cannot wait to be. When I get there I will stop feeling so awkward. It's lovely.

dinasak
December 7th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Gorgeous color and length!

Gothic
December 7th, 2016, 11:13 AM
It still looks long and it looks beautiful on you :)

Rhoward
December 7th, 2016, 04:46 PM
It's stunning and you look very happy with it! :)

Platzhalter
December 7th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Looking good, Nadine! :thumbsup:
Your hair still looks and is quite long, and as long as you're happy with that choice, you did the right thing ;)

Llama
December 7th, 2016, 06:59 PM
You are really good at cutting your own hair! I'm glad you have found the length you are most comfortable with. Also, is that Sam Winchester on your shirt? :)

summergame
December 7th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Both, your hair and color are devine! Love it!