PDA

View Full Version : Advice?

pinkprincess
December 6th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Hi, I used to be here in 2008 or so. I have cut my hair from waist a few times due to damage, so now I'm back to try again one last time. My hair is just shoulder length now, the back is shorter than the front and it is quite layered.

Due to illness I have a hard time regulating my temperature so I am boiling hot all the time. I used to wash my hair every three days but now the third day it just looks soaking wet with grease. I have washed it yesterday after two days and it is definitely not going to last for 3 any more. Is it true that longer hair will get less greasy or it can be styled to look less bad? I'm not sure if growing it will just make more work for me. I get pain and chronic fatigue so washing my hair can be difficult.

I miss long hair so much though!

lapushka
December 6th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Hi, I used to be here in 2008 or so. I have cut my hair from waist a few times due to damage, so now I'm back to try again one last time. My hair is just shoulder length now, the back is shorter than the front and it is quite layered.

Due to illness I have a hard time regulating my temperature so I am boiling hot all the time. I used to wash my hair every three days but now the third day it just looks soaking wet with grease. I have washed it yesterday after two days and it is definitely not going to last for 3 any more. Is it true that longer hair will get less greasy or it can be styled to look less bad? I'm not sure if growing it will just make more work for me. I get pain and chronic fatigue so washing my hair can be difficult.

For me it is true, that I get "less bothered" by oily hair when it's longer. I can definitely tell the difference now it is hip-APL than when it was classic-BSL - I notice the smell a few days earlier. I get along better with my hair when it is longer in that regard.

Hang in there.

For now I would wash every 2/3 days; when needed.

Seija
December 6th, 2016, 08:21 AM
I can't really comment on the long hair side, since as an adult I've never had crazy long hair (yet). I've been trying to wash less the last few months and I find the more you let your hair get used to not being washed as often, the less oil it produces to make up for you washing them away. At least this seems the be the case for me. I find braids help to hide the slightly more greasy look on my third day.

LadyCelestina
December 6th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Buy a dry shampoo, ideally one you spray in. They make ones for dark hair, which are slightly tinted... they make your hair look freshly washed when your roots are just slightly oily, and presentable if your roots are seriously oily.

mermaid lullaby
December 6th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Hmm...what about scalp washes?

Annalouise
December 6th, 2016, 10:56 AM

Your sebum production is a consequence of your hormones. It has nothing to do with the length of the hair. I am guessing that your illness has a hormonal component and that is why your hair is greasier than normal. I personally do not believe that retaining scalp sebum is a benefit to your scalp. I believe it is best to wash as often as you need to. Given that you don't want to wash as often due to physical constraints (chronic fatigue) I would suggest you use a SLS, or a sulphate shampoo when you wash as that will get your hair the cleanest and then you can go a little bit longer between washes.

I've had chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm sorry you are going through that. Horrible. You will get better though. It usually can be resolved in a couple years. I've had a couple friends that have had it too.:blossom:

turtlelover
December 6th, 2016, 07:16 PM
If your hair is greasy, there is absolutely nothing wrong with just washing it when it needs it. Some of us cannot stretch washes, period, and I am one of them.

vampyyri
December 6th, 2016, 07:54 PM
I've found that my greasiness is not at all related to my length... I always get super slicked down hair on day 2-3, and I combat it with scalp washes if it can't be slicked back into a bun without looking terrible. I wash my scalp every two days generally, and my length once a week. It's very YMMV when it comes to the greasies. I wish I was one of the lucky ones who had that go away with length :lol: Nope, just the same at BCL as I was at SL!