PDA

View Full Version : 3 1/2 years since joining finally can bobbypin up a bun!

hannabiss
December 5th, 2016, 06:41 PM
As the title says I joined about 3 1/2 years ago. My hair has gone from none to BSL. It may seem a strange fact but bobbypins have always been my arch nemesis. Why? Well... because I didn't know how to use them of course. What do I mean? Glad you asked. I knew you were supposed to be able to spread the metal apart and slid them into a bun. But for the longest time I would open the pin...and it would close before I got it to the back of my head. Now I've been using these pins for about a year now. My go to updo has been a French braid. I take the tail of the braid and fold it over the French braid and pin it flat. But now...today...I was finally able to do a basic "twist" bun/ cinnabun maybe. And I pinned it! And it stayed. I had to use four Bobby pins. But this is amazing. As I didn't use a ponytail as the base! And usually my layers and extra silky texture would cause my other attempts at any bun to fall loose as soon as I look away from the mirror.
So I feel I've finally entered the golden gateway into having the ability to have a bun with no ponytail base. Which to me is great I've come a long way. Now to keep growing for another 3 1/2 years and we will see what my hair can accomplish them.

Happy growing everyone!

FennFire911
December 5th, 2016, 07:14 PM
That's quite an accomplishment, some of us have yet to master those! Congrats!

-Fern
December 5th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Your hair has gotten SO LONG! Great progress!! :cheer:

Alissalocks
December 5th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Congratulations on your new hairstyles! Milestones are awesome!! :blossom:

Borgessa
December 5th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Congrats, ahh it really is the simple things in life. I'm in love with hairsticks at the moment and teaching myself some new buns, I've dealt with a few bobby pins and its always been hit and miss, so I totally understand. Yay for you :)

Serimel
December 6th, 2016, 02:18 AM
Wow, it's a huge milestone. Congrats! :disco:

lapushka
December 6th, 2016, 03:56 AM
I'm glad it works! :D

If they close too soon after you open them. Slide your finger in (as much to the back of the pin as possible), then insert up to the point of that finger and then let go. Might work better, if that's not how you do it.

hannabiss
December 6th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Lapushka it used to be that the my finger flesh would slid out of the Bobby pin when I opened it. Due to doing laundry at a hotel now my finger tips are fairly calloused from heat. So I can finally keep it open to get a nice wedge of hair in the pin.