PDA

View Full Version : What is the best hair wash method for every type of hair?

pamela_07
December 4th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Is it wcc, co-wash, cwc, or just normal hair wash diluting the shampoo with water? My hair gets oily on the roots mostly, my hair is bleached, brassy,brittle and looks kinda of like the lion kings hair when I blow dry it!! LOL, What routine do you recommend me for my situation!?:confused:

lapushka
December 4th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Is it wcc, co-wash, cwc, or just normal hair wash diluting the shampoo with water? My hair gets oily on the roots mostly, my hair is bleached, brassy,brittle and looks kinda of like the lion kings hair when I blow dry it!! LOL, What routine do you recommend me for my situation!?:confused:

It's up to you to experiment. I'd try CWC first, then if you like that, stick with it. There is no need to change it up so fast. It might be great for bleach to do WCC as well. Use one protein conditioner, and one moisturizing conditioner.

Flipgirl24
December 4th, 2016, 04:13 PM
It depends on the individual and I agree with lapushka. I'm still learning and have started with CWC once a week and scalp wash + conditioner on the length once or twice a week depending on how greasy my roots are and how much oil the dry shampoo soaks up in between washes. But I haven't found my HG in terms of shampoo and conditioner. Usually,I go with salon shampoos and conditioners I get at Winners (I guess they could also be counterfeit though) so it is rarely the same product twice. I usually try to pick the most colour protective, moisturizing ones (even if my hair wasn't coloured). My hair is straight as a pin, fine textured and probably gets a bit weighed down by the moisture but I'd rather have moisturized straight hair than dry hair with a bit of body (which my hair wouldn't retain anyways ). My point is that it depends on your hair, your lifestyle and your priorities.

swearnsue
December 4th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Hi Lapushka! Hi Pamela. There is no ONE best method for hair washing. Not only does everyone have different hair, but even when the seasons change you may find you need different hair care methods. You mentioned diluting shampoo and I would say that would always be a good thing to do. Good luck as you find your routine. Oh, since it's your roots that mostly get oily (me too) then pour your diluted shampoo just on your scalp and the length will get clean as some of the water runs down. But you don't have to put effort into washing the ends. Then when you use conditioner, pay special attention to the ends and you may not need any conditioner on your scalp/roots area.

pamela_07
December 4th, 2016, 04:45 PM
It's up to you to experiment. I'd try CWC first, then if you like that, stick with it. There is no need to change it up so fast. It might be great for bleach to do WCC as well. Use one protein conditioner, and one moisturizing conditioner.

Hi lapushka, Indeed protein and moisture go hand in hand, there like brothers that can't be apart. one needs from the other thing that I learned here in the LHC Forum, so thank you to everybody who told me that, belive me it's a life saver!!!

I want to do my own nourishing treatment I will add 2 egg yolks,1/2 of honey and 1/2 cup of my favorite conditioner and mix it all together until I have a thick paste,treatment and just leave it in the refrigerator and apply once a week just like a store bought treatment and then follow it with a moisturizing conditioner and see what benefits it provides me !!with!!

meteor
December 4th, 2016, 06:06 PM

I think you'd need to experiment with a few different methods and choose what works better for you. :)
Then you may still want to tweak the methods further, depending on changing needs, for example...

In the specific situation of oily roots and bleached, brittle length that you described, I'd experiment with these methods:
- Pre-poo oil mask (e.g. coconut oil) on length/ends only (a few hours before a wash), then WCC or CWC or simple SC, concentrating shampoo on roots, and conditioner on length/ends only;
- Scalp-only washes in between full washes if your roots are oily but your ends are fine;
- rinsing some conditioner on ends only or adding some leave-in conditioner, if your roots are clean but your ends are dry;
- experimenting with a hydrolyzed protein mask (e.g. Aphogee, gelatin, Joico K-Pak...) on bleached ends (be careful with ratios and frequency and it should usually be followed up with a moisturizing treatment, e.g. in WCC fashion).

Good luck with experimentation! :cheer: