PDA

View Full Version : 10 Hair HACKS You've NEVER Seen Before!!

M.McDonough
December 2nd, 2016, 07:35 PM
Hi, guys.
I just wanted to share this video with you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj045vVGKS0

Decoy24601
December 2nd, 2016, 08:11 PM
Yikes, more like a few really good ways to damage your hair and a couple neat tricks that aren't anything new (gluing pretty things onto bobby pins, ACV, etc).

That combined with how "click-baity" the title is leaves me very unimpressed.

LadyCelestina
December 3rd, 2016, 12:45 AM
Some of these very pretty cool actually, thanks for sharing! I cringed a lot :shudder: when she was doing the crimp (cringe) curls

Nique1202
December 3rd, 2016, 05:14 AM
I have thoughts.

DIY spin pins from a bobby pin: not going to be as strong as actual spin pins, could very easily snap off in the middle where you have to bend it flat first because bending weakens metal, and if it snaps off there you're going to have the back half stuck in your hair and sharp edges causing damage.

DIY extra-grip clips - Handy idea, but you'll need a clip somewhat bigger than you'd need on its own because the glue stuff will take up room inside the clip, and you want to be SUPER careful not to leave any threads of glue or pointy spots where hair could get hooked when you start using it.

Hairspray on bobby pins - You might get a little extra grip, but the pins themselves are so slippery that it would probably wear off and have to be re-done every time you use them which feels wasteful considering how little of the spray gets on the pins, and it'd be a pain in the butt to get hairspray inside the pin where it would do the most good, without unbending the pin and weakening the metal

Using a fork to form pincurls - I mean, if you have a fork that matches the size of the pincurls you want, then it would work I guess.

Using a plastic fork to HOLD pincurls in place - if you don't have clips or pins to hold them, you're clearly not serious about wanting pincurls in the first place. Get some from Amazon or eBay or the store or ANYWHERE. They don't have to be expensive, some folks even just use regular old bobbies!

Using the back end of a rounded-handled spoon/fork heated under a hair dryer to make curls - just get a curling iron at this point.

Crimp curls using a fork - I'm sure there are better ways (http://www.wikihow.com/Crimp-Your-Hair-With-a-Straightener) to do this that also don't involve huge financial investments. Just because you CAN use a fork for all these techniques doesn't mean that it's the easiest or most effective method.

Gluing gems from old broken jewellery onto bobby pins - Sure, just be aware that unless you coat all the edges and corners and stuff thoroughly, it's gonna be hooking on your hair during insertion and removal.

Using bobby pins to perk up a high ponytail - I don't see any difference after adding the pins? I don't understand how this is supposed to be working.

ACV rinse - Firstly, 8 ounces of water to 2 tbsp/~1 ounce of vinegar is a RIDICULOUSLY STRONG MIX. Don't most folks around here mix that much vinegar into more like a liter (34 ounces) of water? So this is gonna be WAY too strong for most hair. Secondly, it still doesn't work for everyone to make hair shiny and soft, so it's not really a good "hack".

Overall, I'm also not impressed, and I'm a little concerned for any of her subscribers who use most of these "techniques".

lapushka
December 3rd, 2016, 05:27 AM
Hmmm, I don't know about this.

HairPlease
December 3rd, 2016, 05:47 AM
Smells like click bait. :lol: I had to click, of course, and skimmed through the video. Nothing I would ever try, frankly.

M.McDonough
December 3rd, 2016, 07:33 PM
I thought many of you would like this lol. Some people want curls, but they don't wanna use a curling iron. I thought you could benefit from this honestly. You girls know better than I do, at least I'm learning from you.

Borgessa
December 3rd, 2016, 09:56 PM
I thought many of you would like this lol. Some people want curls, but they don't wanna use a curling iron. I thought you could benefit from this honestly. You girls know better than I do, at least I'm learning from you.

Tough room! There will be not much these ladies and gents have never seen. I'm a newbie so some of it was new to me. :)

truepeacenik
December 4th, 2016, 12:22 AM
We have men on this site.
I'm a woman, not a girl. (Two people can call me girl.)

Hack and hair shouldn't be in the same sentence.