PDA

View Full Version : Need Hair Help!

kinnyuu
December 2nd, 2016, 08:36 AM
Hi all :) First time actually making a post and not just browsing...

Some hair history:
I started about 3.5 years ago, from APL hair. I had just dyed it all back to natural color after going through blue, green, purple, and then bleach. My hair was very damaged, but I was determined to start fresh. I got regular trims, used good methods. This was prior to knowing about LHC.

When I joined LHC, it was about 1 year ago.
My hair had just been through some damage. I had grown all my natural color to my hips, but went to salon for "a change" because I was bored with being "boring." I had very healthy hair; but...
I got layers, and an ombre' dye.

I hated it. My ends were very thin after layers, and my hair was damaged.
I swore of dying.

Then a few months later, I couldn't STAND the outgrowth and tried to get it re-dyed back to natural color.
She dyed it a very, very, very dark reddish brown - and my hair is a natural, neutral dark blonde.
It grew, I got trims, but you could always see demarcation line.

I went back, asked for advice, said my hair does not match.
She recommended highlights, I agreed.

Got the highlights, more damage. I stuck with trimming. My hair, after using cowashing method for the last 6 months and treating hair well, it is in good shape.

have about 6 inches of regrowth, can see line. So I took some Manic Panic pink to have fun with the highlighted parts, and dyed... NOW it looks worse, have been trying to get dye out for 3 weeks.

I am being patient, am NOT going back...
BUT, My hair is now at hip approaching BCL again -- but I am having breakage, I BELIEVE it is breakage, up near ears.
I wear in buns about 24/7. I use oils everything before I shower, and do shampoo out. When drying, I wrap in microfiber towel, and air dry. Never use heat. Haven't had bleach for 6 months and have gotten 2 trims since then, totaling 2" cut.

I think my damage is mechanical damage from buns and/or braids.

ANY ADVICE?????????shudder: I am trying to grow as long as I can, as healthy as I can, no more dyes...

lapushka
December 2nd, 2016, 08:50 AM
I would recommend you start looking at microtrimming (there's a thread on it here). You can still trim while keeping growth. The method to use for self-trimming is Feye's self-trimming method (it's all over Google). ;)

As for the MP, it will fade! Honestly, it will, to a more acceptable level.

Slowly start reading up on things here, and don't try it all at once, or you won't be able to see the forest for the trees.

Welcome! :)

kinnyuu
December 2nd, 2016, 08:52 AM
Much appreciated!
I did my own self-trimming for a while but started going to salon, because I wasn't comfortable cutting off more than a CM by myself. I just need to be patient w/ the dyng.

I am part of the LHC group on Facebook and am much more active there. It's amazing the plethora of knowledge.