PDA

View Full Version : Why do I get stiff hair after a couple of days after natural air drying?!!

pamela_07
December 1st, 2016, 07:07 AM
So after I wash my hair I let air dry naturally and a couple of days after i always keep my hair up, I don't brush a lot, but my hair feels like a mess, dry,stiff, all unruly, I have loose wavy hair ,gets frizzy, its bleached etc,but I wonder if i just have to trim, I would not want his since I letting my hair grown long ,So what do you girls recommend me to do??!:confused::confused::confused:

Btw I use Tresemme anti breakage shampoo( I recently started so I cannot say anything bad about it) and Garnier sleek and shine conditioner and I also Co-wash with this as well. I also have a suave conditioner the ocean breeze one I wonder if this one is more effective for co-washing?

lithostoic
December 1st, 2016, 07:08 AM
Stiff hair is generally a sign of protein overload or product buildup. Try clarifying and using products that do not contain protein. If your bleached parts look worse, use protein conditioner but not every time.

lapushka
December 1st, 2016, 07:24 AM
So after I wash my hair I let air dry naturally and a couple of days after i always keep my hair up, I don't brush a lot, but my hair feels like a mess, dry,stiff, all unruly, I have loose wavy hair ,gets frizzy, its bleached etc,but I wonder if i just have to trim, I would not want his since I letting my hair grown long ,So what do you girls recommend me to do??!:confused::confused::confused:

Btw I use Tresemme anti breakage shampoo( I recently started so I cannot say anything bad about it) and Garnier sleek and shine conditioner and I also Co-wash with this as well. I also have a suave conditioner the ocean breeze one I wonder if this one is more effective for co-washing?

Yeah, I'm sorry but bleach damage is hard to get away from.

Didn't you just ask a similar question, or is it me that's getting confused now. :lol:

How much do you bleach? And from a dark dark color to light? Because the amount of bleach used is telling as well.

MidnightMoon
December 1st, 2016, 03:21 PM
well in my case, I feel my hair starts getting stiff, specially by the ends some days after washing as well, I think it might have to do with all the smoke and dust from the street... you know, taking the subway, walking in the street, people smoking... I feel my hair gets kinda dusty, and it makes it more tangly too

pamela_07
December 1st, 2016, 07:24 PM
well in my case, I feel my hair starts getting stiff, specially by the ends some days after washing as well, I think it might have to do with all the smoke and dust from the street... you know, taking the subway, walking in the street, people smoking... I feel my hair gets kinda dusty, and it makes it more tangly too

Another thing is when I wash my hair I comb all the knots and let it air dry ,,and then I don't brush my hair anymore until next wash(sometimes I brush only once after I have washed but no more than that) and I find that the next time I wash my hair my hair falls more than ever, I think it might be the accumulation of hair that I did not brush out during those days,Can it be this? cause I know that hair falls around 100 strands per day!

Rebeccalaurenxx
December 1st, 2016, 07:35 PM
It also sounds to me like youre using products with cones. You need to clarify. My hair gets dryer the longer I stretch washes, co washing helped and i had to get rid of silicones completely to make this stop.

lapushka
December 2nd, 2016, 03:49 AM
Another thing is when I wash my hair I comb all the knots and let it air dry ,,and then I don't brush my hair anymore until next wash(sometimes I brush only once after I have washed but no more than that) and I find that the next time I wash my hair my hair falls more than ever, I think it might be the accumulation of hair that I did not brush out during those days,Can it be this? cause I know that hair falls around 100 strands per day!

How often do you wash in a week? I weekly wash, so I get 3 sink fulls (bottom part) when I detangle pre-wash, during the wash and post wash. Pretty standard and normal for me. It still averages out to about 100 hairs a day, even less.

If you don't detangle for a few days, you get an accumulation, that's normal. As long as your hair isn't thinning out considerably, you have nothing to worry about. And there is such a thing as fall shed too.

Simsy
December 3rd, 2016, 02:16 AM

Sounds like a build up of general daily dust and loose sheds. A thorough detangle or brush through a couple of days after the wash should help. I get something similar 2-3 days after I wash mine and the only thing that helps me is to pull the work braids down and brush them out. It always feels cleaner after a brush.