PDA

View Full Version : Electric Hair Brushes.

M.McDonough
November 30th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Hello, guys.

Okay so I'm a curly dude who's struggling with frizzy hair for a long time and I'm sure there a lot of you out there just like me. I almost tried everything to make that frizz go way, so I think I'm about to succumb and straighten my hair, which I haven't done in over a year. Some of you might have heard of those electric brushes that have come out recently. Do you think it's a good idea to use an electric hair brush? Is it safe?

lapushka
November 30th, 2016, 03:40 PM
What all have you tried to combat the frizz? Have you gone curly girl? Sulfate free? Rinse-out oil? LOC method? I'd try all of that first, if you haven't yet tried it *before* even attempting straightening.

Entangled
November 30th, 2016, 03:44 PM
By electric brush, do you mean a hot comb, or a vibrating brush?

M.McDonough
November 30th, 2016, 04:31 PM
By electric brush, do you mean a hot comb, or a vibrating brush?
https://static.kaymu.pk/p/other-7832-6642981-1-product.jpg

M.McDonough
November 30th, 2016, 04:34 PM
What all have you tried to combat the frizz? Have you gone curly girl? Sulfate free? Rinse-out oil? LOC method? I'd try all of that first, if you haven't yet tried it *before* even attempting straightening.

I can't go curly girl, I'm a guy :p. I've been using a sulfate-free shampoo, yeah. I tried regular shampoos and oils too, but that didn't help. I'm not familiar with the last method you mentioned.

littlestarface
November 30th, 2016, 05:17 PM
I have to say it.. nooooooooooooo stay curly, curls on a guy is so nice!

HairPlease
November 30th, 2016, 05:29 PM
I can't go curly girl, I'm a guy :p.

Then why don't you go curly guy? :p

I advise against straightening, or any direct heat for that matter. Give your hair a chance--embrace and enjoy your curls, and look up/attempt some curly specific methods.

M.McDonough
November 30th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Then why don't you go curly guy? :p

I advise against straightening, or any direct heat for that matter. Give your hair a chance--embrace and enjoy your curls, and look up/attempt some curly specific methods.
Oh!! I learned to love my curls a looong time ago, that's why I refrained from using a flat iron for over a year.. But oh my God the frizz! Just look at my avatar.

vampyyri
November 30th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Oh god don't use that! *screaming inside*

Try the LOC method to start: Clicky! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167)

Also try using silicone free conditioners paired with whatever shampoo gets your hair clean.
There is hope, don't get that horror contraption! :lol:

littlestarface
November 30th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Oh!! I learned to love my curls a looong time ago, that's why I refrained from using a flat iron for over a year.. But oh my God the frizz! Just look at my avatar.

Yea it comes with the territory i'm afraid just look at mine but it does look cute lol

M.McDonough
November 30th, 2016, 09:36 PM
What about a hair diffuser? I've heard of it, but I never tried..should I get one?

vampyyri
November 30th, 2016, 09:38 PM
A diffuser would seal in your curls with little frizz if you use the right products before blow-drying your hair (on a low/warm setting). What's your hairtype and current routine look like?

littlestarface
November 30th, 2016, 09:42 PM
What about a hair diffuser? I've heard of it, but I never tried..should I get one?

That's a good thing to buy.

M.McDonough
November 30th, 2016, 11:45 PM
A diffuser would seal in your curls with little frizz if you use the right products before blow-drying your hair (on a low/warm setting). What's your hairtype and current routine look like?

Well, my hair type is somewhere between 3a and 2c.
I use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner + a hair moisturizer ( Curl Creme Brule or As I Am Doublebutter Cream)

Apolli
December 1st, 2016, 12:57 AM
Do you do anything to your hair while it's wet and still drying? A lot of frizz can come from how you handle your hair.

vega
December 1st, 2016, 02:31 AM
Brushes and curls don't usually mix in my experience

lapushka
December 1st, 2016, 04:32 AM
I can't go curly girl, I'm a guy :p. I've been using a sulfate-free shampoo, yeah. I tried regular shampoos and oils too, but that didn't help. I'm not familiar with the last method you mentioned.

The links to the rinse-out oil and LOC method are in my signature. Try those first, please do! :)

I think straightening is just the beginning of the end, it's a vicious cycle. You'll end up with more frizz, more breakage, and the cycle goes on and on and will never stop.