PDA

View Full Version : Am I a complete weirdo???

ALenee
October 21st, 2008, 04:03 PM
Does anyone ever have thoughts run through their head like, imagining themselves walking into a crowded area (resturant, club, mall, store, ect.. ) with their hair loose or in a pony tail, braid. Then all of a sudden someone comes up behind you and CHOPS IT OFF!:scissors: :scared: OMG! I actually think this stuff LOL! :blueeek:

spidermom
October 21st, 2008, 04:06 PM
Yep, you're a weirdo.

just kidding!

The strangest things come into my head. For instance, I told my DH yesterday that what we needed to do was build a Burmese python moat to protect our house.

Berúthiel
October 21st, 2008, 04:08 PM
The other day at a concert a huge mosh pit caused me to be squished between several people.. all of them unintentionally pulling my hair in every direction. I was so scared I would leave and notice a huge chunk of my hair missing!

(and buns dont really work for concerts, poking the boyfriend in the eye with hairsticks while headbanging gets on his nerves =P)

Forever_Sophie
October 21st, 2008, 04:16 PM
Not usually, but once I was in NY (during the famous blackout of '03), and the elevators weren't working. We were on the 12th floor of the hotel, and I remember walking up all the packed stairwells in the dark and once in a while, someone would light up a lighter and I was SO scared it would catch my hair on fire. Talk about unsettling!!

Dolly
October 21st, 2008, 04:39 PM
Not usually, but once I was in NY (during the famous blackout of '03), and the elevators weren't working. We were on the 12th floor of the hotel, and I remember walking up all the packed stairwells in the dark and once in a while, someone would light up a lighter and I was SO scared it would catch my hair on fire. Talk about unsettling!!

I get nervous in bars and such, whenever some drunk with a lit cigarette comes near me.....mostly because I wear my hair down most of the time.....

NeilTheFuzz
October 21st, 2008, 05:36 PM
I sometimes get a bit funny about kids doing something to my hair in crowded areas. It's not a paranioa thing either. Once some arse decided to try and light my hair with a cigarette lighter. :mad:

When I realised, I reacted a bit funny and swung round and thumped him in the nose. Fortunatley I didn't hurt him too much - just a bloody nose. I picked him up and got him some medical attention.

Bet he learned his lesson.

tiny_teesha
October 21st, 2008, 05:41 PM
The scarey thing is 2 stories from here i know have happened to people at the LHC, in a thread about hair nightmare type stories. Someone set a LHCers hair on fire at a concert and someone else i think either herd that some guy chopped off someone's hair or it happened to them. It does happen unfortunately and i don't think it is weird you think it will!

Elainehali
October 21st, 2008, 05:43 PM
I've had a lot of these thoughts too!

I remember one new years there were some fireworks in Denver. A drunk man with a cigar behind me had me pretty worried.

I could just imagine my hair going up in flames like a roman candle.

ChloeDharma
October 21st, 2008, 06:11 PM
I have these types of thoughts alot. If my hair is in a ponytail then i worry someone might chop it off thinking it's funny, especially on busses with those gobby little brats on, or i worry that it might be grabbed.
I have actually had something similar happen though about 8 years ago, i was sat waiting for a bus home coming back from work when a group of teenage girls all sharing the one cigarette came over to me and asked if i had one spare. I said no as i only had one left, or something but anyway....what i didn't realise at the time was that one of the ones behind me had got their ciggy stump and put it to the crown area. At the time i had a retro looking bob with the crown styled quite high, i only realised once i got home and felt something odd in my hair thinking it was something nasty that dropped out of a tree and a load of hairs came out in my fingers and i was left with a sticky-up stump where they had burnt it.
So usually i keep my hair up and bunned and i try not to sit so that other people can stand behind me.

spidermom
October 21st, 2008, 06:41 PM
All of these fears fuel my intention to keep my hair neatly put up when out and about.

VanillaTresses
October 21st, 2008, 06:44 PM
No!

I have heard stories about this happening in real life... and heck yeah, I am scared of it happening! In fact, just a few nights ago I had a nightmare along these same lines. I have heard one tip of sticking your braid/ponytail/length under your coat when you are in a large public area like a subway, etc.

Beldaran
October 21st, 2008, 06:46 PM
I sometimes get a bit funny about kids doing something to my hair in crowded areas. It's not a paranioa thing either. Once some arse decided to try and light my hair with a cigarette lighter. :mad:

When I realised, I reacted a bit funny and swung round and thumped him in the nose. Fortunatley I didn't hurt him too much - just a bloody nose. I picked him up and got him some medical attention.

Bet he learned his lesson.You call that reacting funny? Wow, I'd hate to think of what I'd do to someone who was actively trying to light me on fire.. it'd be more than 'funny' I'm sure. :pins:

atlantaz3
October 21st, 2008, 06:56 PM
Way back when in high school in art class someone thought it funny to take a blob of macrame yarn and cut it then grab my hair and act like they had cut off a hunk. As you might guess I didn't think this very funny.
My other story is volunteering at Zoo Atlanta in the petting zoo with Llamas. I was using aussie products and I guess the kangaroo paw flower just overcame the llamas who decided to munch on my hair. I had to tell my hair dress "a llama ate my hair!"

I imagine myself going nuts and chopping my own hair off more than I think anyone else would.

MandaMom2Three
October 21st, 2008, 07:01 PM
Oh man, I don't even want to THINK about this kind of thing :(

NiAosSi
October 21st, 2008, 07:14 PM
I went to school with someone who had her hair lit on fire. She had waist length hair. Kid liked her and she rejected him. Next thing you know her hair is on fire. Needless to say I've had a phobia of hair on fire since!

Teacherbear
October 21st, 2008, 08:05 PM
Just a friendly reminder:

Let's remember that the purpose of LHC is to support our hair growth, not to spread panic or add to someone's hair fantasy.

RavennaNight
October 21st, 2008, 08:39 PM
This thread reminds me of the irrational fear I have about a demonic child coming up to me while I'm on the ladder at work and start shaking it. (No I didn't see the Omen one too many times) But hair? I never thought of that. But then again my hair isn't that long that it would raise eyebrows or attract a lot of attention. The occasional cigarette lighter at concerts is a good point though. Hmmm. Maybe I should put it up for concerts from now on...