PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair Salons.

Strands
November 29th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Why don't Long Hair Salons exist that could specialize in treatments and dustings?! They could sell hair sticks and stuff too. Anyone know of such a place? Do we at the LHC need to start a niche-group market here?

Entangled
November 29th, 2016, 10:25 AM
There are George Michael salons that cater to long hair, but they're pricey and far and few in between.

littlestarface
November 29th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Yea there's one in Beverly hills, if you can get to it, its a sweet place for long hairs.

lapushka
November 29th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Yea there's one in Beverly hills, if you can get to it, its a sweet place for long hairs.

You've been there? What was it like?

Strands
November 29th, 2016, 12:51 PM

Please do tell - is this the George Michael Salon?? Please share experiences! I cannot believe this exists lol!

Madora
November 29th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Yes, it is a George Michael Salon. I haven't been to the Beverly Hills location but when to them years ago when they were in Westwood. They were very competent but my heart belongs to the main George Michael salon in NYC (now known as Madora Long Hair Heaven). Fabulous treatment and products. Yes, it is expensive, but worth every penny. Pure hair nirvana!

Madora
November 29th, 2016, 03:57 PM
The trouble is there aren't enough people to make long hair care salons viable. The trend is for short hair and a lot of people would rather fake long hair with extensions. The George Michael Salons (Bev Hills, Ohio and NYC) are the only salons dedicated to true long hair care. They welcome anyone who wants to grow their hair longer and healthier. They do not believe in bangs or layers and will not cut same.

Entangled
November 29th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Madora! You're back!

Sarahlabyrinth
November 29th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Hi, Madora, lovely to see you here again! :D :waving:

gthlvrmx
November 29th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Hi Madora! I really thought there were more George Michael salons across the country and long hair salons as well? Oops.

littlestarface
November 29th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Hi Madora! I really thought there were more George Michael salons across the country and long hair salons as well? Oops.

There is this http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=11326 but it is pretty old list.

gthlvrmx
November 29th, 2016, 05:45 PM
There is this http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=11326 but it is pretty old list.

Thank you! I added this to my bookmarks!

turtlelover
November 29th, 2016, 05:54 PM
There is a GM place in Ohio, but I think the no bangs or layers thing is hogwash, so I never checked it out. Maybe if I was 100 percent committed to a totally blunt, bang free cut, but I can't see that happening. I fluctuate between layers and no layers, but I'd rather have a stylist that is willing to adjust to my preferences.

vampyyri
November 29th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Hmm when I'm due for my first real trim/cleanup when I reach my goal I may just super pamper myself and go to the George Michael Salon in NYC instead of attempting it myself. I do not trust myself with scissors :lol:

Strands
November 29th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Wow this is so amazing. I am glad this does exist, i will sleep better knowing that tonight lol!

Madora
November 29th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Hi, Entangled! I'm back...in a limited way. The arthritis in my hands is hard getting used to. Really interferes with typing, etc.

Madora
November 29th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Thanks, Sarahlabyrinth! Your hair looks fabulous...and really long!

Madora
November 29th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Hi, gthlvrmx! Alas, there are 3 GM salons in the US. The one in Bev. Hills, Enchantress in Ohio, and the main salon in NYC. There are other GM salons in Europe (London has one).

Madora
November 29th, 2016, 09:55 PM
Hmm when I'm due for my first real trim/cleanup when I reach my goal I may just super pamper myself and go to the George Michael Salon in NYC instead of attempting it myself. I do not trust myself with scissors :lol:

You'll have the hair experience of your life when you do! When the time arrives, call ahead for an appointment. The salon in NYC is not a "walk in from the street" place. They buzz you in.

vampyyri
November 29th, 2016, 10:09 PM
You'll have the hair experience of your life when you do! When the time arrives, call ahead for an appointment. The salon in NYC is not a "walk in from the street" place. They buzz you in.

Good to know! I'll be in there when I hit classic for sure to clean things up before continuing to grow.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 29th, 2016, 11:09 PM
Thanks, Sarahlabyrinth! Your hair looks fabulous...and really long!

Thank you! :D

Llama
November 29th, 2016, 11:46 PM
Hi, gthlvrmx! Alas, there are 3 GM salons in the US. The one in Bev. Hills, Enchantress in Ohio, and the main salon in NYC. There are other GM salons in Europe (London has one).

Hi Madora! What about Rapunzel's Long Hair Salon in Ohio? Their website says they are a GM affiliate. That's the one I was planning on going to for my next trim. I have never been to a long hair salon before, though, so not quite sure what to expect.

Madora
November 30th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Hi Madora! What about Rapunzel's Long Hair Salon in Ohio? Their website says they are a GM affiliate. That's the one I was planning on going to for my next trim. I have never been to a long hair salon before, though, so not quite sure what to expect.

Thanks for the info, Llama! I wasn't aware of them. http://rapunzelsthelonghairsalon.com/services.html

Eastbound&Down
November 30th, 2016, 12:16 PM
I have had a dream of going to school and getting my license then opening my own salon that would cater to long hair.