PDA

View Full Version : Question for Classic+'s

RebekahE
November 27th, 2016, 08:04 PM
I have been contemplating this for awhile and I finally decided to ask. What do you do once your hair is long enough to reach "down there", it's wash day and it's that "time of month". I find the thought of getting blood on my hair terrible. What do you do?

littlestarface
November 27th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Personally I don't wash my hair the whole time i'm on IT, after it's done like right after I wash my hair.

Anje
November 27th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Never was an issue for me at fingertip. Could always rinse in the water for a few moments before letting your hair down, if it seems like it might actually be an issue.

Magicknthenight
November 27th, 2016, 08:56 PM
I always just pull my hair over my shoulder any time i am in the shower. Even when i'm applying conditioner or washing my scalp. Sometimes i will even lean my head back so all the stray hair doesn't get all over me. I also keep it up with a plastic shower cap to soak in the conditioner while i wash the rest of my body. Keeps any body soap out of my hair and keeps it up and out of the way as well! It also helps little strands of hair from getting stuck in between more undesirable places :couch: haha hope that helps!

maborosi
November 28th, 2016, 12:07 AM
I'm at around classic and this has never really even occurred to me.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 28th, 2016, 12:23 AM
I don't really have that problem any more (yay! ) but I would just drape the hair down the side of my hip or somewhere where there wouldn't be a problem.

Quixii
November 28th, 2016, 12:53 AM
This has never been a problem I've encountered. My hair doesn't really try to go between my legs, and my blood doesn't really go on the back of my thighs. I suppose if it did I would rinse off my legs with my hair held over my shoulder, and then proceed as normal.

Griselda
November 28th, 2016, 02:15 AM
I never had that problem, but it shouldn't be a problem if you wash the "problematic" zones first, THEN let you hair down and wash it.

Nini
November 28th, 2016, 02:55 AM
It's never been an issue. But should it happen I'm already in the shower, so it wouldn't make any difference :)

Nique1202
November 28th, 2016, 05:10 AM
Not classic+ yet (next year, if I'm lucky) but I think you're overestimating how much blood happens during a period. It's usually only a couple of tablespoons over the whole week, unless you have an abnormally heavy cycle. If you're not a fan of tampons or menstrual cups, just keep your hair up in a cheap jaw clip until after you rinse the area in question (NO SOAP that's a recipe for a yeast infection, doubly so with menses involved) and then keep your hair to the back or controlled over your shoulder while you wash it and apply conditioner, then put it back up in the clip while it's got conditioner in it if you don't rinse right away. It'll be heavy but it'll keep it out of the danger zone.

Alternatively, if you're REALLY afraid of getting a little bit of the blood on your ends and not realizing it to wash it off afterward, get a detachable shower head and wash your hair over the side of the tub, separately from your shower. Then, keep it up while you shower. It's hard on the back but it eliminates all the risk you're perceiving.

lapushka
November 28th, 2016, 05:19 AM
I was never bothered by it, because I wash my hair separately, bent at the waist with a handheld showerhead (bathroom sink).

Annalouise
November 28th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Not classic+ yet (next year, if I'm lucky) but I think you're overestimating how much blood happens during a period. It's usually only a couple of tablespoons over the whole week, unless you have an abnormally heavy cycle. If you're not a fan of tampons or menstrual cups, just keep your hair up in a cheap jaw clip until after you rinse the area in question (NO SOAP that's a recipe for a yeast infection, doubly so with menses involved) and then keep your hair to the back or controlled over your shoulder while you wash it and apply conditioner, then put it back up in the clip while it's got conditioner in it if you don't rinse right away. It'll be heavy but it'll keep it out of the danger zone.

Alternatively, if you're REALLY afraid of getting a little bit of the blood on your ends and not realizing it to wash it off afterward, get a detachable shower head and wash your hair over the side of the tub, separately from your shower. Then, keep it up while you shower. It's hard on the back but it eliminates all the risk you're perceiving.

Oh good Lord! You must be young and healthy! :) I have fibriods and I loose a minimum of 4 cups over a 2 day period! I have been known to go through 3 overnight pads in one night. I often have to rest in bed on day 2 because I am ill from it. Which is why I take IRON supplements. I envy women who have a normal period. I am lucky to be a housewife, because there is no way I could work on day 1 & 2.

Anyways, if I had classic length hair I would have to wear it clipped up in the shower at that time of month, I wouldn't have it down and I would do a scalp only wash. :)

truepeacenik
November 28th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Totally a nonissue when I had cycles (yay Mirena).
Closest I got was errant hair or six getting caught on my early menstrual cup insertions. Looking down too far? Needed better glasses?

My hair did buttfloss consistently from tailbone to high fingertip, but now it's rare.