PDA

View Full Version : Do you dream that you've cut your hair?

Nesoi
November 27th, 2016, 01:46 AM
When I had very short hair I used to dream that it was long and then be very disappointed when I woke up. But now it's long I often dream that it's been cut, either by me or (in bad dreams) by someone else.

Last night I dreamt I went I went to a salon and had it cut in a floppy pixie with an undercut all the way around the sides!! When I woke up I rushed to the mirror :scared:but of course my hair is still there. I had recently re-watched I Know What You Did Last Summer where the beauty queen, who loves her long hair, wakes up to find it has been cut off in the night. That probably gave me the dream!

Sarahlabyrinth
November 27th, 2016, 02:40 AM
I do dream that sometimes and wake up in a panic to find that thankfully, it isn't true :)

Spinder
November 27th, 2016, 03:44 AM
Oh goodness yes. Sometimes I dream that I've been forced to cut my hair, somehow, for whatever reason... and I usually dream that my cut hair would "heal", or knit together with my actual growing hair when spliced together, like skin or nail, but of course it doesn't happen! (in the dream, of course). I wake up both panicked, and relieved that it was only a dream...

lapushka
November 27th, 2016, 04:44 AM
I don't dream about hair, no. Never have, I think. Or, it must have been long ago. I actually did cut my hair yesterday - no, wasn't a dream (went from classic to just beyond waist).

Irialii
November 27th, 2016, 05:30 AM
I had a dream like that recently, that I cut all my hair off for an unknown reason and was totally ambivalent about it. The dream was so vivid, I woke up sure that I had short hair again then freaked out when I felt my sleep braid swing over to my shoulder.

Hopefully I don't have another dream like that.

Nesoi
November 27th, 2016, 06:33 AM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Wow, Lapushka! Any reason for the change? You were maintaining at classic for a long while, right? Hope the chop felt good :)

lapushka
November 27th, 2016, 07:02 AM
Wow, Lapushka! Any reason for the change? You were maintaining at classic for a long while, right? Hope the chop felt good :)

I just needed the change. I think I might join the no-trimming 2017 thread now. ;) It's a tad short now it's dry (washday here), but I wanted the length gone, for some reason. Had felt like that for a while. It's a good thing I can still do my LWB, "just" about. :)

Melisandre
November 27th, 2016, 07:26 AM
When I had Bsl-mbl hair I had recuring dreams that Asian people were cutting my hair. Not kidding. And I don't know why they were Asian too. I have nothing against Asian people of course :) so weird.

FennFire911
November 27th, 2016, 08:17 AM
No, I can't say I have dreams that involve my hair. But I seldom remember my dreams anyway. I think if I did dream that, I would be in a panic when I woke up.

spidermom
November 27th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Yes, many times. Several years ago this horrified me and I woke up relieved that my hair was still long. Over the past couple of years, I started to feel disappointed when I woke up that I didn't really have a fun new style so that was my first clue that I was pretty much done with long hair.

Yesterday was my first day of a low carb diet, and I woke up from dreaming that I was eating jam with a tablespoon. new horrors

Frankenstein
November 27th, 2016, 09:02 AM
I've had several dreams about going to a hairdresser and getting a botched, terrible cut.

DeadlyUnicorn
November 27th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Yes I often dream that I cut my own hair.. It's awful because in the real world I do occasionally get tempted, but I know I wouldn't enjoy a drastic chop like in my dreams! I could probably use about 6 inches off though, unfortunately.

Griselda
November 27th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Yes, too often. Sometimes people cut my hair while I'm not looking. I'm always glad when I wake up and everything's still long, phew!

Rebeccalaurenxx
November 27th, 2016, 11:45 AM
I actually made a post about this same thing years ago.

I have dreams of long hair still. My hair isnt long enough yet for me to have nightmares of cutting it. Lol.

littlestarface
November 27th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Yea at times I do since I was like 4 or 5 years old, same nightmare every single time. Someone, my mom or salon person cuts my hair straight across my back and it bleeds like crazy like pouring blood out of the strands and I wake up shaking and feel my hair n think "oh thank god it was just a dream"

Hairkay
November 27th, 2016, 03:09 PM
I never ever dream about hair.

raemarthe
November 27th, 2016, 05:08 PM
I have this recurring dream that I've cut my hair rather short, shoulders or above, and then as soon as I cut I regret it. In the dream I'm always super sad thinking about how long it'll take to grow back, and then I always wake up super relieved.

Entangled
November 27th, 2016, 06:30 PM
I've had what I call panic dreams, where something starts out normal, but then escalates in intensity until it's horrible. With hair, this means I trim a bit, but then I trim higher and higher to get a nice blunt hemline and then end up at BSL with horrible choppy layers in the front that are shoulder length. It's a relief to wake up!

RebekahE
November 27th, 2016, 06:56 PM
I had a dream just last night that my two little sisters had their hair cut to around apl and layered. Odd./

Kome
November 27th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Yes, I do sometimes. One time I thought I dreamt that I cut layers in the front of my hair, but then I went to look in the mirror and it turned out I really HAD cut layers into my hair. I had been drinking moderately the night before. I'm afraid to ever drink again. Lol. O_O

Seratopia
November 27th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Funny this thread popped up. I never dreamed about my hair until caring for it became a hobby and an important part of me. I had my first dream of my hair like three days ago, didn't cut it but I dreamed I dyed it with box dye to blonde. Wasnt happy so dyed it back dark brown. And then dyed it again darker. I did this all in the same day apparently. What a crap load of abuse my dream world hair endured.

Thankfully it was a dream. :sleep:

Suze
November 28th, 2016, 12:46 AM
Yes. All the time. So, sometimes I dream I cut it myself and other times it is at the hairdressers and they take off to much (this actually happened). Other times I dream my hair gets stuck in things and has to be cut off or my hair just falls out in chunks and I wake up with hair in my hands, that is luckily still attached to my head. Sometimes I'm just holding my braids. It is really annoying. :(

TatsuOni
November 28th, 2016, 05:12 AM
Way too often! I mostly dream that I've accidently chopped of half of my own hair during a trim... I used to dream that I woke up blond... (I hendigo it black, so waking up blond in a dream is teffyring) :laugh:

OhSuzi
November 28th, 2016, 05:36 AM
Quite often had fun / nice dreams where the hair style has changed, it's longer or its different exciting colours. My hair has never been overly long - so I guess it's not something thats prayed on my mind. Looking forward to the no hair anxiety nightmares I might get when it finally is long - it'll make a change to all my teeth falling out or not having done my home work (I left school many many years ago now - but that still haunts me).

Xena1975
November 28th, 2016, 09:16 AM
I haven't but last night I had a nice hair dream. In part of the dream I was laying on the top bunk of a bunk bed and when I hung my head off the side my hair was so long it reached the floor.

ZombieTeddybear
November 28th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Only one, where I took a pair of clippers with no guard to my head a la Britney Spears in 2007. I woke up in actual tears.

Alissalocks
November 28th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Definitely yes! I've usually had the same theme too, I go for a trim or think I want to try something new. As soon as it's done, I'm completely full of regret! Why oh why did I do this, it's going to take forever to grow again.... Wahhhh! Wake up and am so relieved it's not true. :p

ameliasuzanne
November 28th, 2016, 10:37 PM
The opposite - I'm currently at pixie length and dying to get my hair longer, and I dream of having longer hair! Usually a bob, because that's my next major goal, or sometimes shoulder/APL and I'm braiding my hair in my dream... then I wake up and get sooo sad that it's still short!

Spinder
November 29th, 2016, 02:09 AM
Specifically - I often have nightmares that involve sacrificing my own sense of physical beauty and femininity, which almost always involves sacrificing my hair. When I wake up from such dreams, it takes me a while to overcome my panic and distress.

Apolli
November 29th, 2016, 03:19 AM
I've dreamt that I was S&D a couple of times :p

Pamberpestana
November 29th, 2016, 08:33 AM
A few weeks ago, I had a dream that I bleached all of my hair and then dyed it blue. It looked cool, but I was so upset that I had spent a year getting rid of bleached hair and vowed to never color my hair again .

Once I also had a dream where my hair was alot longer than it is in real life and I woke up disappointed haha

wo
November 29th, 2016, 10:22 AM
I have haircut dreams frequently. It started while growing out a pixie, during which I went for a few 'shape ups' and instead was given full blown cuts that set me back so far. :( So I took my hair into my own hands, and my nightmares became about going to a salon and having them butcher it again. Haha... I also dream about my three little boys cutting a chunk out in my sleep, or pouring glue in it, etc. Mostly because those are very rational fears with kids!

Anje
November 29th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Can't say I have. My appearance (when I notice, which is rare) is frequently different in dreams, and is generally a background detail.

Redvelvetdragon
November 29th, 2016, 01:02 PM
I usually dream of my hair suddenly being much longer and I'm so happy. Until I wake up. Booo.

Nesoi
November 30th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Wow, so I'm definitely not alone!

It's funny because after posting this thread a few days ago, last night I had a nightmare that all of my hair was ripping out of my head in huge chunks, and my scalp was covered in blisters and boils :shocked:

Serimel
December 4th, 2016, 06:12 AM
I have these dreams all the time and wake up in cold sweat. But what a relief to find out I still have hair in my head. :) Makes me appreciate it all the more and usually I treat it with extra love the following days :D I never dream of my hair being longer than it is, I wish :3

Paganmoon
December 4th, 2016, 02:48 PM
I've never dreamt about cutting my hair but I do have quite frequent nightmares where I've dyed my hair black or left bleach in my hair for too long which usually results in my hair falling out in chunks and leaving me bald :( One time I dreamt about leaving pink dye in my hair for too long and when I washed it off my hair had turned into a rainbow of different colours, that was pretty neat!

Sunbeam1788
March 20th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Yes, yes, yes! I do dream that I’ve cut my hair. At the moment my hair length is around 21 inches, but I wish to make some dramatic changes. I love pixie bob, like this one here http://therighthairstyles.com/choppy-pixie-cuts/ (look at photo No5). However, it’s risky, and I lack the courage to make it:( I frequently dream that I have a beautiful haircut and after I wake up I am disappointed because nothing changes in the mirror.
http://i2.wp.com/therighthairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/14-short-burgundy-balayage-bob.jpg

ArtificiallyRed
March 20th, 2017, 02:56 PM
I frequently have nightmares that I go in for a trim and end up with a pixie. This is why I trim my own hair :rip:

JadedByEntropy
March 20th, 2017, 08:40 PM
I guess its really not something i obsess over so it doesn't show up in dreams often. mostly i'll notice i wake up confused that my hair isn't BCL or Knee or CBL hahaha
Once i'm back to real life i'm either like where did it all go or where did all this hair come from?!?!

likelikepenny
March 21st, 2017, 04:43 AM
I had a horrible dream that I relaxed my hair (I never have) and I hated it (like I probably would), prompting me to cut it all off. I woke up ripping off my sleep cap to caress my frizzy curly hair lol.

Simsy
March 21st, 2017, 06:38 AM
I have only had one hair dream. A nice even microtrim, perfectly straight hemline, just barely dusting the length...and I wake in a mad panic because I'm failing the "no trim" challenge for the second year running. I had visions of trying to explain such a trim and had almost finished mentally composing the post before realising I was in bed and nowhere near a salon.

That said, it was an awesome salon visit; literally dreamy.

Kat
March 22nd, 2017, 09:53 AM
I occasionally dream that I cut my hair short, and in my dreams, I always regret it, so I know it would be a bad idea to do it in real life. :)

Obsidian
March 22nd, 2017, 09:56 AM
Never dream about cutting but I do nightmare that its falling out in clumps.

samanthaa
March 27th, 2017, 08:41 AM
I had my first hair-cutting dream last night. Which is weird, because I always associate hair-cutting dreams with nightmares and this wasn't a nightmare.

I dreamed that I cut it to just above my shoulders, where my virgin growth had apparently reached (in reality it's only about eye level). I was happy to finally be henna-free!

But I think the only reason I had this dream is because I was talking to my mom yesterday and she mentioned that my sister, who has maybe BSL+ hair, is going to cut. I told her about my goal of tailbone-length hair, and she said that most people can't grow their hair that long (she doesn't know about this place hahaha) and that I should probably get layers because my hair would look thicker and a blunt hemline (my dream) is boring. I think it was the first time that I ever told anyone that I already have beautiful hair, no changes needed. She was also ranting about how her hairdresser didn't listen to her and gave her a horrible cut, and I was just like, and yet you want me to subject myself to that??

So it was on my mind.

megthehennahead
March 27th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Yes, it always freaks me out. I can't imagine how horrified I'd be in real life.

*Wednesday*
March 27th, 2017, 12:46 PM
I do. I cut it and dye it blond. Not a dream but a nightmare.

SeRe
February 19th, 2018, 02:29 PM
I had a dream yesterday that I had cut my hair short, upto my ears. It's currently TBL when wet.

As soon as I woke up, the first thing I did was make sure it was a dream LOL. The relief felt so good :)

AutobotsAttack
February 19th, 2018, 02:35 PM
I have dreams of having shorter hair. Like Neck length hair.

I wake up a bit flustered and agitated. I also have scary dreams like about zombies and stuff. Ugh. Don’t like.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 19th, 2018, 02:38 PM
LOL, last night I had a dream that my mother offered to give me a little trim. So then she cut it to shoulder length. And when I looked at it in the mirror there was this funny little clump of short curly hair, and when I grasped it, the whole top half of my skull lifted right off and you could see my brain rattling around in my skull. And the brain was about half the size it should be, and I thought "This is not good." Ha ha!

*Wednesday*
February 19th, 2018, 03:04 PM
I have dreams periodically I cut my hair real short, to my ears and dyed blond. I then convince myself, it looks good but it looks borrible and regret doing it. It feels so real and I start to wake up and realize it's a dream.

Breeze
February 19th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Yes! I look at it and think "Oh wow! This looks so good!" Then I remember that the short hair means it's no longer long and start to get sad and worried.

Reyn127
February 19th, 2018, 08:46 PM
Haha, Sarahlabyrinth, I literally laughed out loud at that dream. So bizarre.

I've had a few hair cutting dreams, some where I just cut in bangs again, and some where I cut all of it shorter, to like shoulder length or a bob. In the dreams I always decide to do it myself and am happy, but when I wake up there's usually a small moment of panic where I check my hair. Luckily I haven't (yet) ever done any actual sleep-trimming.

leayellena
February 20th, 2018, 01:00 AM
Yes but the dream meaning should be interpreted as trying to relax instead of focusing on bigger things in life. They are too stressful for the moment

Simsy
February 20th, 2018, 03:02 AM
First, and so far only, hair cutting dream; I’m getting a small trim, no more than a couple of inches off the bottom. And all I can think is how I’m going to explain to Lapushka that I’m having to drop out of the no-trim challenge and why.

I don’t keep scissors next to my bed as a general rule anyway, but that was the dream that settled it. Scissors live in the bathroom that I have to be awake to get into.

tangocurl
February 20th, 2018, 04:31 PM
I do dream that sometimes and wake up in a panic to find that thankfully, it isn't true :)

Same!!!! Worst dreams.

cjk
February 20th, 2018, 11:05 PM
I used to have similar dreams that my beard was gone. Terrifying. Very disheartening.

I've long since moved beyond those dreams, my beard is firmly internalized in my self-image.

Conversely, long hair is not. It's relatively new to me. I had a disturbing dream just the other night that I was administered a clipper cut. And, strangely since I enjoy clipper cuts, it was an unpleasant experience.

That should tell me something. Long hair forever?

TatsuOni
February 21st, 2018, 01:25 AM
Latest dream was that I accidentally cut my hair in layers, where the longest part reached BSL. I just kept walking around telling people in my dream how horribly short my hair was and how sad I was :laugh:

CopperButterfly
February 21st, 2018, 09:42 AM
I didn't dream about cutting so much as that I suddenly had male pattern baldness, my entire to of my head was completely bald. I was trying to use my long hair to do a crazy comb over. Really, really glad to wake up from that one.

Rustam
February 26th, 2018, 09:23 PM
I didn't dream about cutting so much as that I suddenly had male pattern baldness, my entire to of my head was completely bald. I was trying to use my long hair to do a crazy comb over. Really, really glad to wake up from that one.
Oh man. I have that one occasionally, my hair is just falling out and I end up bald on top. Hopefully that is not in my future. I have also had a few where I was back in the awkward stage and struggling and very frustrated I couldn't tie my hair back.