PDA

View Full Version : Dry Shampoo. Now what.

Strands
November 24th, 2016, 06:52 PM
I used it because I wanted fresh hair before Thanksgiving dinner, but now my hair feels dry from it and I want to wash it but also want to wait until Sunday to wash? WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?! LOL. Please help.

*I washed last on a Sunday and my hair was just starting to look a LITTLE oily from sebum before I did this. I probably could have done without.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 24th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Ah, just wash it :) I don't think you ever get that lovely clean feeling from dry shampoo that you get from a good wet wash. You can make an exception to your wash day.

Strands
November 24th, 2016, 07:17 PM
Ah, just wash it :) I don't think you ever get that lovely clean feeling from dry shampoo that you get from a good wet wash. You can make an exception to your wash day.

You are right - you don't. But when you only have 30 mins to get ready and don't want a wet head when your out... LOL dry it is!

I am actually going to have to wait to wash it now anyway because our hot water is being stupid again. I think our landlord said it will be replaced by the end of the month but yikes that water is cold now :( I just showered before it got bad, but I should have just washed but I was afraid of it going freezing again, which it did. >.<

Sarahlabyrinth
November 24th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Yikes - cold water washing - no thanks! :) Hope you get more reliable hot water soon.

Anje
November 24th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Ack! Cold water isn't nice, especially not when the temps get wintery! (If I were you, I'd seriously consider joining one of those $10/month gyms, just so you can get a warm shower when you need one.)

Did you try using a BBB to get as much of the dry shampoo out as possible? I've heard a layer of cheesecloth over it works well, if you have that lying around the house. That said, I'm not fond of dry shampoo because I don't like that gunky feeling either.

Strands
November 24th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Yikes - cold water washing - no thanks! :) Hope you get more reliable hot water soon.

Oh we will. Our landlord is super nice, and this just started happening in the last week or so. Randomly the hot water just STOPS. She promised warm showers in December, and is lowering our rent for next month too as a way to make up for it. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
November 24th, 2016, 08:07 PM
She sounds like a great landlord :)

Strands
November 24th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Ack! Cold water isn't nice, especially not when the temps get wintery! (If I were you, I'd seriously consider joining one of those $10/month gyms, just so you can get a warm shower when you need one.)

Did you try using a BBB to get as much of the dry shampoo out as possible? I've heard a layer of cheesecloth over it works well, if you have that lying around the house. That said, I'm not fond of dry shampoo because I don't like that gunky feeling either.

Heck I would join a gym just for fun, but totally cannot afford that right now :/ The cheap gyms in my area are not safe so I am limited :P

What is BBB? Teach me your ways :ponder:

Strands
November 24th, 2016, 08:09 PM
She sounds like a great landlord :)

Yep. She is an old woman, like late 70's. We really lucked out with her. She lives in the community like streets down, not sure where exactly. But every once and a while she will text my husband to make sure everything here is working great. We love her to bits. So many land lords just do not care. :soapbox:

Flipgirl24
November 24th, 2016, 08:34 PM
You are right - you don't. But when you only have 30 mins to get ready and don't want a wet head when your out... LOL dry it is!

I am actually going to have to wait to wash it now anyway because our hot water is being stupid again. I think our landlord said it will be replaced by the end of the month but yikes that water is cold now :( I just showered before it got bad, but I should have just washed but I was afraid of it going freezing again, which it did. >.<tha

Did you spray the roots only? It won't give that just washed feeling but it should reduce the oiliness. Brushing it out should help.

Anje
November 24th, 2016, 11:24 PM
BBB is a boar bristle brush. It's supposed to be effective for getting the dry shampoo back out of your hair, though I haven't used those products enough to get the hang of it.

lapushka
November 25th, 2016, 04:03 AM
If it is at all do-able, I'd leave it alone until Sunday, washday, just for the simple fact of not messing your routine up.

Strands
November 25th, 2016, 08:14 AM
BBB is a boar bristle brush. It's supposed to be effective for getting the dry shampoo back out of your hair, though I haven't used those products enough to get the hang of it.

I do not own a Boar Bristle Brush, but now I wish I did. GAH.

Strands
November 25th, 2016, 08:15 AM
If it is at all do-able, I'd leave it alone until Sunday, washday, just for the simple fact of not messing your routine up.

I feel the same. I am going to try and ride it out til Sunday. I just hate the feeling, but it is probably better on my hair long run anyways.