PDA

View Full Version : DIY hibiscus shampoo... Wow, so fresh

November 23rd, 2016, 06:57 AM
https://youtu.be/dUU5EHxVSiM

Wow, that looks so fresh and condishy when made from fresh stuff not powders... That got me thinking I should try doing something with fresh ingredients that I can easily buy here, like that lemon & cucumber DIY from homeveda channel. After all, I had best results with fresh (not rancid, lol) egg yolks for washing my hair. Damn, that hibiscus smoothie kinda looks edible, like desert, lol! No way I can get fresh hibiscus, heh.

https://youtu.be/ikvZMHl45os
...Here's lemon/cucumber 'shampoo'. Doesn't look as yummy as hibiscus does, heh, still fresh, though.

LadyCelestina
November 23rd, 2016, 11:15 AM
Lemon is too acidic for your hair/scalp, and damaging to the hair. I wouldn't do it.

( I once gave myself a chemical burn all over my face with a face mask that contained lemon juice...)

mz_butterfly
November 23rd, 2016, 11:26 AM
Interesting! I grow hibiscus flowers in the spring/summer and might try this next year.

I also have hibiscus tea (it's a mix of herbals) and plain dried hibiscus. One could probably use the dry hibiscus or tea (letting soak awhile then blending) and using spinach or some other leafy green for the greens. (or none at all) I have used leftover hibiscus tea as a rinse and it was pretty nice.

You can adapt the ingredients to what you have and just use this as a starting point for ideas.

lapushka
November 23rd, 2016, 12:30 PM
Yeah, this is where I draw the line. Making your own shampoo, without a premixed soapy base is a little too much for me.

Yarrow
November 23rd, 2016, 12:42 PM
Yes the Hibiskus shampoo work quite well. Haven't heard about the lemon and cucumber yet, will check the video out. Have you tried it yet?

diewassermelone
November 23rd, 2016, 02:32 PM
I'm kinda confused as to why she didn't just blend everything together? Also, hibiscus stains things red...just ask my white kitten who knocked over a mug of tea on himself and had to have a bath.

Suze
November 23rd, 2016, 05:39 PM
Ah, poor kitty!:kitten:

I use Hibiscustea (plain dried hibiscus flowers) as a conditioner or as a tearinse in between washes. I love it. I wouldn't really put olive oil in though.....how would you get that out without any shampoo??