PDA

View Full Version : Why do Slovakian women have beautiful hair and what are some of their Hair Routines?

pamela_07
November 22nd, 2016, 12:54 PM
I have come across a lot of Slovak women and they have gorgeous,thick ,blonde and silky manes,
do they have a specific hair routine,tips or tricks,If there some in this community that
is Slovak or knows someone please share some remedies or routines!!:eek::confused:

mizukitty
November 22nd, 2016, 01:06 PM
Well, the answer is probably genetics - especially the hair color. I'm Polish and know that most people in Poland use the normal shampoo/conditioner combo that's so popular nowadays. I think most of modern European countries pretty much do the same. I guess diet helps, since Europe is known for pretty good nutrition (compared to like USA, for example.)

LadyCelestina
November 22nd, 2016, 01:18 PM
Hey - I'm Slovak... Do you really think we have nice hair? Also certainly not blondes, most people here are in the blondette to brown hair range.

There is a slovak/czech forum dlouhevlasy.cz, you can perhaps translate it using google if you really want to. Basically the more traditional hair recipes would be herbal rinses, most commonly nettle, chammomile, also eggs + the hair was contained... I also noticed that many (not really traditional or anything) dyi treatments in Slovakia ask for lemons or lemon juice! don't know why.
but tbh most people here don't use conditioner... at least what I know, and it's normal here to rip brushes through hair... so the hair is nice if you don't come too close to see the splits.

May I ask where you got the impression that Slovaks have special hair? :D

pamela_07
November 22nd, 2016, 01:42 PM
Jajaj @ladycelestina well I Have a friend whose girlfriend is gorgeous and has beautiful hair and she is actually slovakian,

lapushka
November 22nd, 2016, 03:05 PM
Jajaj @ladycelestina well I Have a friend whose girlfriend is gorgeous and has beautiful hair and she is actually slovakian,

Yeah, that's like 1 person. I'm sorry, but you can't generalize. ;) And what you see on YT probably isn't a good representation either. :)

Annalouise
November 22nd, 2016, 04:05 PM
Hey - I'm Slovak... Do you really think we have nice hair? Also certainly not blondes, most people here are in the blondette to brown hair range.

There is a slovak/czech forum dlouhevlasy.cz, you can perhaps translate it using google if you really want to. Basically the more traditional hair recipes would be herbal rinses, most commonly nettle, chammomile, also eggs + the hair was contained... I also noticed that many (not really traditional or anything) dyi treatments in Slovakia ask for lemons or lemon juice! don't know why.
but tbh most people here don't use conditioner... at least what I know, and it's normal here to rip brushes through hair... so the hair is nice if you don't come too close to see the splits.

May I ask where you got the impression that Slovaks have special hair? :D

Probably from your picture of your hair which is gorgeous... ;):wink:

pamela_07
November 22nd, 2016, 04:05 PM
jejeje@lapushka, I guess not but she has really gorgeous hair!! in youtube I don't know, but why do you say youtube LOL??!

diewassermelone
November 22nd, 2016, 04:09 PM
This seems to be the case with Russian women too, people assume that they all have waist length, flowing blonde hair. It's certainly true that I noticed a much higher number of really long haired women, but I also noticed that in general they take really bad care of their hair and so by the time they hit 40 it looks terrible. As seems to be the case in Slovakia, many don't even use conditioner :eek:
I think it's important to remember that every culture has its long haired beauties and their magical recipes.

Flipgirl24
November 24th, 2016, 01:14 AM
I'm Asian and I'm not going to say I have gorgeous hair but it doesn't mean every Asian has hair like mine. I like my hair and I think it looks nice but some wouldn't like it because it is straight. But i like it because it is healthy and shinyMany Asians have gorgeous hair and many don't. It has nothing to do with background and you are basing it on one person.

lapushka
November 24th, 2016, 05:13 AM
jejeje@lapushka, I guess not but she has really gorgeous hair!! in youtube I don't know, but why do you say youtube LOL??!

Because I thought you said YT. Didn't you say YT? :lol:

MidnightMoon
November 24th, 2016, 05:31 AM
I only know two people from Slovakia and they both have brown hair, quite brown. One has hair that is thick and a bit dry, the other has soft, shiny yet pretty fine hair...
I don't understand how one can make such such statements, about a whole populations based on one or two people...
About the Russian stereotype... there's a lot of blonettes and medium to light browned ladies who like to use something called bleach :eyebrows:
don't know about Slovakia, but might be the case there too lol.

OhSuzi
November 24th, 2016, 06:56 AM
I know Slovakian sisters one has blonde dead straight the other dark brown almost black hair that's wavy both of them are very beautiful. Also there are a lot of supermodels in the fashion industry that come from eastern European countries who always seem to have lovely hair - although I guess I'm aware of supermodels from other countries with lovely hair too.
It's never wise to generalise, but I don't think the original poster meant to cause offence.
Also countries of origin can play a part in the genetic build up of a person. There is a very thought provoking youtube video about people having their DNA tested and discovering they are not 100% French / English / Cuban / Iranian / South African etc and in fact their DNA is mixture from all over the world - but it also indicates that originally way back in the day, certain genetic make ups were more commonly found in certain countries/races, so certain features are associated with that country or race.
I'm trying very hard not to say anything that could may be considered offensive - it's certainly not my intention - um... for example if you asked people to draw a Viking they'd most likely be depicted with red or blonde hair and pail skin - I'm sure there were other variations - but those are features associated with them. You might also draw a horned / winged helmet - which apparently is totally historically inaccurate - so you know people naturally make assumptions and judgements about other people all the time - but mostly I don't think it's meant to be offensive.
What that song from Avenue Q - Evreyone's a little bit racist.

LadyCelestina
November 24th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Probably from your picture of your hair which is gorgeous... ;):wink:

Thank you, you are too sweet :) :flower:

_
The problem is though that the whole notion of Slovaks having mostly blond hair is... wrong... I mean this is the first time I've heard it, and it's just not true. As I said most people have blondette or brown hair, like 90%. But maybe if you perceive blondette as 'blonde' like I know some people who live in countries where people have generally dark hair do... then ok Slovakia is full of blondes. Dark blondes.

What makes the hair seem a bit thicker is maybe that wavies (who are in the majority) genreally brush out their wave which makes the hair look bigger.

Honestly maybe you could approach your friend and ask her? :) She might as well be an LHCer for what you know :P

MidnightMoon
November 24th, 2016, 07:36 AM
well, of course you can't be 100% "cuban, french, or anything" because those are nationalities not "races"...
also, let's say a territory was inhabited for hundreds of years by a certain group of people, which later on migrated or were ensalved and/or executed by another, which then proceeded to live there, and both groups look quite different among themselves. They name their territory some other way, and proceed to call themselves by that "nationality", which group is now deserving of being called with this new name people came up with?
My point is... what we now consider Spain, or Rome, or Russia, or whatever country wasn't always inhabited by the same people, so it doesn't make much sense to associate specific looks to one country unless it is a very segregated population which has never migrated, mixed, etc.
I, for example, wouldn't dare say these ladies
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/3c/ea/21/3cea218376d0b5ebfd78299ac59e29a3.jpg
or these men
https://02varvara.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/01-chukchi-people-e1279983006189.jpg
are any less russian than your stereotypical blondie portrayed everywhere, just because it's better for a countries image to be associated with what is liked in the West and the white propaganda all over the place. You need to cater to the consuming masses, no gain from representing normal people anyway lol.
But oh well, that is another topic...

Good luck achieving healthy hair :)

LadyCelestina
November 24th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Also mizukitty is there a lot of blondes in Poland? I've always perceived Polish people as blondes or darker ash blondes with light eyes and light skin. I know a few people from regions of Slovakia where there is a large Polish population and they all look like this.

pamela_07
November 24th, 2016, 06:12 PM
JEJEJ, thanks @ladycelestina, I asked and well her routine is simple,dove shampoo and conditioner the gold one, ''nourishing oil care'' and also uses a Dabur Vatika deep treatment with egg protein and honey, and once a week does a mask with egg,olive oil and honey!!

mizukitty
November 24th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Also mizukitty is there a lot of blondes in Poland? I've always perceived Polish people as blondes or darker ash blondes with light eyes and light skin. I know a few people from regions of Slovakia where there is a large Polish population and they all look like this.

Yes, many blondes and blondettes, brunettes aren't uncommon either, though. A lot of people think Europe is all blondes but it's far from true! My mother is completely Polish for example, and has nearly black hair, very deep dark brown eyes, and extremely fair skin. She always stuck out! :P I suppose I got my darker hair and fair skin from her, but my eyes are green.

Flipgirl24
November 24th, 2016, 08:29 PM
I know Slovakian sisters one has blonde dead straight the other dark brown almost black hair that's wavy both of them are very beautiful. Also there are a lot of supermodels in the fashion industry that come from eastern European countries who always seem to have lovely hair - although I guess I'm aware of supermodels from other countries with lovely hair too.
It's never wise to generalise, but I don't think the original poster meant to cause offence.
Also countries of origin can play a part in the genetic build up of a person. There is a very thought provoking youtube video about people having their DNA tested and discovering they are not 100% French / English / Cuban / Iranian / South African etc and in fact their DNA is mixture from all over the world - but it also indicates that originally way back in the day, certain genetic make ups were more commonly found in certain countries/races, so certain features are associated with that country or race.
I'm trying very hard not to say anything that could may be considered offensive - it's certainly not my intention - um... for example if you asked people to draw a Viking they'd most likely be depicted with red or blonde hair and pail skin - I'm sure there were other variations - but those are features associated with them. You might also draw a horned / winged helmet - which apparently is totally historically inaccurate - so you know people naturally make assumptions and judgements about other people all the time - but mostly I don't think it's meant to be offensive.
What that song from Avenue Q - Evreyone's a little bit racist.

I don't think the OP meant to say anything racist either but I don't think we can generalize. I don't know if we can ever be free of our preconceived notions. It would take more than one person for me to create a preconceived notion though. Not judging the OP, just stating a fact.

Flipgirl24
November 24th, 2016, 08:30 PM
JEJEJ, thanks @ladycelestina, I asked and well her routine is simple,dove shampoo and conditioner the gold one, ''nourishing oil care'' and also uses a Dabur Vatika deep treatment with egg protein and honey, and once a week does a mask with egg,olive oil and honey!!

That doesn't seem that simple! Lol!