PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Had A Friend With Super Long Hair?

Dark40
November 16th, 2016, 04:14 PM
Hi all,

I had a real life girlfriend that had super long hair all the way down to her thighs she told me in high school. I've never seen her with it but I've always wished since my childhood that my hair could reach all the way down to my thighs. But when I first met her she had it short like up to chin length. But over the years she let it grow all the way back down to Classic Length.

lithostoic
November 16th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Kinda. We had a couple classes together and we rode horses at the same facility. This was middle school. She had white blonde hair down to her knees, never been cut.

Strands
November 16th, 2016, 07:50 PM
I wish I had a friend like that. But no such luck. But that is okay, my daughter will have long hair. I am giving her what I never had you might say.

vampyyri
November 16th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Not really a friend, per say... by my sister. I'm caught up to her at BCL though, so past that, I don't have one.

202_bh_rider
November 16th, 2016, 08:15 PM
i actually have two currently. the one probably has about TBL, and the other about classic+. a lot of my friends have WL or so, but those two definitely have the longest, thickest, darkest makes of us all. love them all to pieces!

Ligeia Noire
November 16th, 2016, 08:32 PM
My friends all have shoulder length hair or shorter, my sister is probably a bsl but my mom is a super long hair lady, do not know what length she is currently at as she never wears it down and I am away but she has been floor and ankle and such many times, now I think she just keeps it at knee, even though she never cared much, when she feels it is getting to hard to comb she lets it down slices it in one go and alas that tomorrow is a working day :p

Cg
November 17th, 2016, 10:58 AM
No, when I had long hair mine was always much longer than anyone else's (nearly knee and not terminal). Rather surprising that I've never known anyone else IRL with hair past TBL -- and I've been around many decades.

Strands
November 17th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Hmm. Maybe I will make a friend on here with really super long hair. Then my life will be complete. LOL JK but seriously that is the only way I foresee it happening. :tongue:

Mrstran
November 17th, 2016, 11:13 AM
I've had a few with TBL hair as a kid and at the time I also had that length as well. I was the only one that had thicker hair though which I hated. It really hurt when My mother or grandmother would comb it out. I wished I had hair like my friends at that time.

lapushka
November 17th, 2016, 11:18 AM
I was the one with super long hair (classic). Wanted long hair when I was 5/6, then my mom realized I *meant* it and went along the journey with me. Reached it and a little beyond at age 10/11. I needed to have my hair in pigtails for school, though, that was the deal; had to be neat and out of my face for school.

lulikrueger
November 17th, 2016, 12:13 PM
I was always the long-haired friend, at times about classic, at times TBL, does it count as super long?

Pixiebella
November 17th, 2016, 12:17 PM
I've maybe only met one or two people who had hair down to their hips, but I don't recall ever seeing hair longer than this. I had hair to my waist, and almost to my hips when I was about 17. Even though it was baby fine, it was virgin hair and was thick and healthy. I got complimented on it all the time. Then hair dye happened. :rolleyes:

Gothic
November 17th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Yes, she had hip or tbl hair.. later turned out she wasn't a nice person at all lol.

Strands
November 17th, 2016, 12:54 PM
I've maybe only met one or two people who had hair down to their hips, but I don't recall ever seeing hair longer than this. I had hair to my waist, and almost to my hips when I was about 17. Even though it was baby fine, it was virgin hair and was thick and healthy. I got complimented on it all the time. Then hair dye happened. :rolleyes:

Hey we are both in San Diego! :)

Ellethwyn
November 17th, 2016, 02:07 PM
I have a friend whose hair was thigh length when I met her. She cut it to shoulder length a few months ago. I was like "Noooooo!", but i didn't really say that to her face, just thought it. She is who really inspired me to grow my hair very long. I thought she looked so beautiful and romantic with her long hair!

Dark40
November 17th, 2016, 02:47 PM
I was always the long-haired friend, at times about classic, at times TBL, does it count as super long?

Yes, that counts as super long.

Dark40
November 17th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I have a friend whose hair was thigh length when I met her. She cut it to shoulder length a few months ago. I was like "Noooooo!", but i didn't really say that to her face, just thought it. She is who really inspired me to grow my hair very long. I thought she looked so beautiful and romantic with her long hair!

Yeah, I don't blame you for not saying anything to her about cutting her thigh length hair all the way up to her shoulders. What a shame? I bet she did look very beautiful and romantic with her long hair!

Saldana
November 17th, 2016, 02:56 PM
I've always pretty much been the one with the longest hair in my friend groups. Now that I've moved to the land of the long hairs, though, perhaps that will change....? Right now, at waist length (a little below, actually) I'm definitely the longest haired person in my office, on my street, and in my family (immediate and extended).

truepeacenik
November 17th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Two sisters with whom I attended school. Their family was very religious, Xtian, and did not allow women to cut their hair.
Both sisters were about six feet tall with knee-ish length.

XiaoBaiTu
November 17th, 2016, 04:04 PM
As a little girl I and my friends had a long-standing grow-your-hair-out contest. I and my sister were typically at about hip or tailbone, two friends (sisters) never made it past waist before their mom cut it, and one friend had, and still has, classic length hair.

My mom always had long hair too, and it was blue-black with awesome silver and white streaks in it. It was so different from the hair of any other woman her age that I knew.

Currently in college, and the longest hair I've seen is TBL. Most of the girls who had long hair freshmen year have since cut it.

AspenSong
November 17th, 2016, 06:26 PM
In middle school one of my close friends had nearly knee length hair, probably the thickest hair I've ever seen. So pretty. I actually saw a lot of people with long long hair growing up because we lived a few miles from the So. Ute Reservation, so lots of amazing, long, thick, black hair. :crush:

And I know Seeshami in real life and she of course has long hair. haha. :)

mira-chan
November 17th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Classic length hair was not that usual for Russian girls in the younger grades. I had several friends with tailbone to thigh length hair. I had short hair at the time and decided I want it long. All of those friends have short hair now and I have long. :D

I have two long haired coworkers, one with high length and another with calf length hair (and still going.)

Tassledown
November 17th, 2016, 07:12 PM
There was one girl at school who had probably TBL hair that I always wanted to braid for her. I realized later on I had the worst crush on her. Whoops. *laughs* My girlfriend is on here as well, but has about a two inches on me still I think. (It's hard to tell, we're both curlies.)

My mother used to have hair a little past Classic, but she cut it before I was born. I'm currently urging her to grow her hair out again and maybe join the forum, but she's not super comfortable with internet communities sadly.

Dark40
November 20th, 2016, 03:12 PM
I've had a few with TBL hair as a kid and at the time I also had that length as well. I was the only one that had thicker hair though which I hated. It really hurt when My mother or grandmother would comb it out. I wished I had hair like my friends at that time.

Yeah, I know whatcha mean. I also wish that I had super long hair like my friend's too. I hope you make it to hip length in 2019. :) I hope by 2019 I also with be the length as well.

Dark40
November 20th, 2016, 03:17 PM
There was one girl at school who had probably TBL hair that I always wanted to braid for her. I realized later on I had the worst crush on her. Whoops. *laughs* My girlfriend is on here as well, but has about a two inches on me still I think. (It's hard to tell, we're both curlies.)

My mother used to have hair a little past Classic, but she cut it before I was born. I'm currently urging her to grow her hair out again and maybe join the forum, but she's not super comfortable with internet communities sadly.

I had a girlfriend in high school that had hair almost TBL. It was hip length. I haven't seen her in years. Like, 30 years or so. You and your friend on here are lucky to be curlies. I'm naturally curly too.:) But I relax my hair straight. I've got to so that it will be more manageable for me.

Awww, that is so sad that your mom isn't super internet comfortable with the community. Hopefully, one day she will feel more comfortable and trustworthy.

Dark40
November 23rd, 2016, 04:43 PM

Yes, that counts as super long. Definitely!

DweamGoiL
November 23rd, 2016, 10:08 PM
I recall a couple of girls in middle school. One had hair to about WL and the other BCL. This was the longest hair I saw IRL until I grew my own hair out as an adult.

Rebeccalaurenxx
November 24th, 2016, 10:23 PM
My sister is waist length, one of my good friends from HS had hip length hair but chopped it when we graduated into a pixie cut and has kept it that way ever since.
One of my best friends has TBL hair, I adore her length but its incredibly damaged. She wont take advice from me though lol

Rosenspur
November 26th, 2016, 11:53 PM
I have this one close friend who has had dark TBL hair for as long as I can remember. It got down to classic a couple times, but she always trimmed it back up to TBL. It's so straight and silky, a huge source of envy when we were little. Ironically, she later told me she was actually jealous of my hair, not so much for length or color (We have about the same color of dark hair, but mine is maybe a shade darker), but the thickness and health of it. I'm happy she likes my hair, but hers is honestly so pretty to look at, braid, etc.
Whenever there's a new style I want to try but it doesn't work for my presently shoulder length hair, she's always up for being my guinea pig. :happydance:

Alex Lou
November 27th, 2016, 12:18 AM
My best friend's hair is about the same length, thickness, and coarseness as mine. She even has similar problems with the texture changing with age and dyes it a burgundy, so we're both redheads now. We also do our buns the same way. Except she washes her hair every day and never wears it down. And she has really bad psoriasis. I wish I knew how to help. :(

MegHan-Solo
December 7th, 2016, 02:46 PM
I had a friend at school with the thickest shiniest most beautiful hip to tailbone length hair I've ever seen in real life. I still use some of our pictures together as hair inspiration. She liked les mis and I always told her I'd "give her all of 10 francs" for it. It was shoulder length when I met her at age 14, she cut it back to shoulder from nearly TBL at 17. I haven't seen her much since school which is sad.

turtlelover
December 7th, 2016, 05:57 PM
I've had a couple of friends over the years with tailbone length hair that inspired me to grow mine out. Sadly, they all have moved on and cut it since then, but the memories remain!

Bea18
December 7th, 2016, 06:01 PM
When I got to university basically almost all of the girls in my class had long hair, midback and down. There were only a few with shorter hair, like me.

Dark40
December 7th, 2016, 06:27 PM
No, when I had long hair mine was always much longer than anyone else's (nearly knee and not terminal). Rather surprising that I've never known anyone else IRL with hair past TBL -- and I've been around many decades.

Oh, ok. Well, IRL I used to have an aunt and a cousin my my dad's side of the family that had hair to their butts. Or, maybe to the top of their thighs, and I also have a cousin on my dad's side of the family that has had hip length hair before as well. These are the only people I know that can grow extremely long hair, and also myself.

Dark40
December 7th, 2016, 06:30 PM
I had a friend at school with the thickest shiniest most beautiful hip to tailbone length hair I've ever seen in real life. I still use some of our pictures together as hair inspiration. She liked les mis and I always told her I'd "give her all of 10 francs" for it. It was shoulder length when I met her at age 14, she cut it back to shoulder from nearly TBL at 17. I haven't seen her much since school which is sad.

Yeah, me too have good girl friend in high school that used to wear her hair to her hips or near TBL as well!!! And, it was gorgeous from roots to tips!!! But I never had the chance to tell her that I've always admired her hair!!!! I also haven't seen my friend since school either. Which it has been 30 years since we've seen each other.

Madora
December 8th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Two girls come to mind. I didn't know them personally but admired their hair tremendously. In 8th grade a girl joined our school and she had a gloriously THICK 2-1/2 foot long honey colored braid that was thick all the way down. In high school there was a girl with glossy very, very long black hair. It must have been past knee for sure. I thought her hair was spectacular but found out later than as soon as she graduated she chopped it all off. Her mother had insisted on the long hair and she had hated it with a passion.

Dark40
December 8th, 2016, 03:12 PM
My sister is waist length, one of my good friends from HS had hip length hair but chopped it when we graduated into a pixie cut and has kept it that way ever since.
One of my best friends has TBL hair, I adore her length but its incredibly damaged. She wont take advice from me though lol

Your sister is sooooo lucky to be waist length now. I also had a good friend in HS that also had hip length hair almost TBL. She naturally had curly hair, and with it being stretched it reached TBL but one day she got it relaxed or straightened and she trimmed it up to her hips. But after she graduated she had chopped it off up to her chin. I don't understand why people with long hair don't like it. Or, they don't want to have anything to do with it??? And your friend should take your advice, and cut the incredibly damaged parts off. She should know that she'll be a lot better off in the long run!

pili
December 8th, 2016, 04:32 PM
My best friend in seventh and with grade was a long hair. She had knee length hair that she mostly wore in a high ponytailed braid. Then in high school two of my classmates had classic length hair. One wore it down all the time, she had thick 1a hair that shone like glass, and the other wore hers in an English braid or a braided bun.

Hairkay
December 9th, 2016, 02:08 PM
I've had classmates with hair anything from waist to hip to BCL in school from the age of 6 all the way up to 16 in the Caribbean. I only just noticed today and sis's hair is hip length.

Reyn127
December 10th, 2016, 11:18 AM
My best friend in middle school had really long hair for a while. It was about hip length when we met (we were about 10 years old), and she kept it really long until we were 14. It was easily at tailbone for most of the time. And then she cut off over a foot one day and showed up with MBL-ish hair, and everyone at school (including me) barely recognized her at first. That was a fun surprise!

Olga-Freya
December 12th, 2016, 09:57 PM
I don't know is it counts as "longhair friend", but my mom have very long hair for most of her life - she only chopped it once in her late teens. Now her hair is very thick with fairytale ends and is down to her thighs.
Also I met one my friend just because we both have long hair - mine was in thigh lenght braid, her in classic lenght ponytail and her seat was in front of mine (we was at some event that day). She spoke to me first and it turns out that it was not only me who stared at her hair, she notiсed my braid in hall before too. It was 6 years ago, now, after some trims and chopping, she have knee lenght hair and its really beautifull and shiny.

Dark40
December 13th, 2016, 01:52 PM
I was the one with super long hair (classic). Wanted long hair when I was 5/6, then my mom realized I *meant* it and went along the journey with me. Reached it and a little beyond at age 10/11. I needed to have my hair in pigtails for school, though, that was the deal; had to be neat and out of my face for school.

Yeah, I've also always wantes long hair when I will 7/8 too. I also always wore pigtails too, and braids. You were soooo lucky to have reached little beyond classic at 10/11 though. My mother wouldn't let me grow extremely long hair. Because, she would always tell me that I couldn't grow it, and it came to find out that it wasn't true. My godmother on my dad's side of the family told both of us that I can grow thigh length hair.

Dark40
December 13th, 2016, 01:58 PM

I had a good girlfriend that had hip length hair, and a year after she graduated she came to visit the school, and as I recognized her she had went through the big chop chopping up to chin length. I wish I had said something to her like, "No, why did you do that to your hair?"

Yozhik
December 13th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Does having friends I met through LHC count? :p

PraiseCheeses and I met because we both live in the Boston area - at the time we were both around BSL-waist, but now she's at TBL. :heart:
Liabobia is a lurker here, but we met through unrelated friends in Boston, and she's between TBL-CL.
AngelaRose and I met at a local hair hair meet when her hair was between mid-thigh and knee, I think, and avidly follow each other on insta, although we don't see each other that often in person. :)

Other than those LHC friends, I taught at a university in Russia where there was one girl with gorgeous classic+ hair - it was super thick and straight and a gorgeous medium brown. I really do envy iii/C/1a-b hairtypes for being able to get that length with seemingly much less hassle than people with more fragile or curly hair...*sigh*

Dark40
December 13th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Does having friends I met through LHC count? :p

PraiseCheeses and I met because we both live in the Boston area - at the time we were both around BSL-waist, but now she's at TBL. :heart:
Liabobia is a lurker here, but we met through unrelated friends in Boston, and she's between TBL-CL.
AngelaRose and I met at a local hair hair meet when her hair was between mid-thigh and knee, I think, and avidly follow each other on insta, although we don't see each other that often in person. :)

Other than those LHC friends, I taught at a university in Russia where there was one girl with gorgeous classic+ hair - it was super thick and straight and a gorgeous medium brown. I really do envy iii/C/1a-b hairtypes for being able to get that length with seemingly much less hassle than people with more fragile or curly hair...*sigh*Yes, having friends you've met through LHC counts. :-) You are soooooo lucky to have met such friends on here with that amount of long hair!!!!

Dark40
December 13th, 2016, 07:11 PM
I don't know is it counts as "longhair friend", but my mom have very long hair for most of her life - she only chopped it once in her late teens. Now her hair is very thick with fairytale ends and is down to her thighs.
Also I met one my friend just because we both have long hair - mine was in thigh lenght braid, her in classic lenght ponytail and her seat was in front of mine (we was at some event that day). She spoke to me first and it turns out that it was not only me who stared at her hair, she notiсed my braid in hall before too. It was 6 years ago, now, after some trims and chopping, she have knee lenght hair and its really beautifull and shiny.

Yeah, your mom counts as a friend. I count my mom as a friend but her hair has never been any longer than mid-back length. Mine was also at mid-back length as a child but as an adult I am in the process of letting it grow out as long as it can. We will see how long it gets. But I also have a good girlfriend on mine from high school that used to have hair to her hips, and it was always in a blunt cut. Everyday as I would see her at school I would never see an ounce of split ends on her!!! And, it was always sooooo beautiful and shiny!!!!

Mimha
December 14th, 2016, 04:28 AM
I'm afraid I am the only one left of my generation in the neighborhood with hair like in the 70ties (= past waist unprocessed hair)... I mean, among the people I personnally know. :( Or even among the people I don't know, actually.

There are a lot of young girls in my town with hair around waist and hip, though (unfortunately too many with lifeless hair due to repeated straightening), but their number drops down drastically at TBL, not to mention longer than that. In 12 years, I have seen only one time one person with classic length hair. It was a teenager girl with naturally sleek silky beautiful blonette hair. I think that the fashion tends towards longer length, though. A few years ago, there was almost nobody below waist. Now there are more and more hip length hair, and a few TBL are showing up. Concerning the ladies of my age, I don't even know one with BSL hair.

turtlelover
December 14th, 2016, 10:07 AM
I'm afraid I am the only one left of my generation in the neighborhood with hair like in the 70ties (= past waist unprocessed hair)... I mean, among the people I personnally know. :( Or even among the people I don't know, actually.

There are a lot of young girls in my town with hair around waist and hip, though (unfortunately too many with lifeless hair due to repeated straightening), but their number drops down drastically at TBL, not to mention longer than that. In 12 years, I have seen only one time one person with classic length hair. It was a teenager girl with naturally sleek silky beautiful blonette hair. I think that the fashion tends towards longer length, though. A few years ago, there was almost nobody below waist. Now there are more and more hip length hair, and a few TBL are showing up. Concerning the ladies of my age, I don't even know one with BSL hair.

I see quite a bit of longer hair on girls up through their 20s, but a LOT of it is fried from repeated dyeing and a lot of heat usage, and it looks very thin and sad at the ends. A lot of it doesn't look very pretty to my eyes. I barely ever see truly healthy hair below BSL on anyone of any age!

animetor7
December 14th, 2016, 11:34 AM
I have one friend who has knee length hair that has never been cut or dyed. It's really beautiful. We lived together for a Summer and what was interesting to me was that she washed her hair every other day or more if she had an intense workout at the gym, despite the fact that it took a long time to dry! I'm far too impatient to wait for hair to dry that often, but it worked for her. I don't know if she's still on that routine or not.

catmashie
December 14th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Actually I don't remember ever having a friend with hair longer than wl. Most of my friends have sl to apl hair and they always wonder how I can take care if my hair that's midback :D

Sarahlabyrinth
December 14th, 2016, 01:38 PM
I knew a girl at intermediate school who had the most glorious dark brown hair around hip length hair, thick and glossy, much like Mimha's. Sometimes she would wear it loose but mostly she would have it in an English braid.

One day in class the boy sitting behind her super glued her braid to the back of her chair and she had to have a fair bit chopped off to free it... He was in major trouble and she was so upset. I have always remembered the beauty of her hair....

I had waist length hair at that time but always wore it up in a log roll. Thankfully...

Dark40
January 25th, 2017, 09:05 PM

I've also a good girlfriend of mine from HS that had hip length hair, and 2 years after she had graduated, and left me behind she had chopped it all off into a chin length bob.

Awwww, that is so sad that your friend that has TBL hair is damaged, and won't take any advice from you. Well, all of her hair might end up falling out anyways if she doesn't take good care of it....lol

Dark40
January 25th, 2017, 09:08 PM
I knew a girl at intermediate school who had the most glorious dark brown hair around hip length hair, thick and glossy, much like Mimha's. Sometimes she would wear it loose but mostly she would have it in an English braid.

One day in class the boy sitting behind her super glued her braid to the back of her chair and she had to have a fair bit chopped off to free it... He was in major trouble and she was so upset. I have always remembered the beauty of her hair....

I had waist length hair at that time but always wore it up in a log roll. Thankfully...

Wow, I also used to have a good girlfriend of mine in HS that had gorgeous hip length hair, and it was always shiny and glossy, and hers was also dark brown color.

Awwwww, what a shame that girl had to chop some hair. Because of a boy's silliness...lol I bet she was upset! I would have been too!