PDA

View Full Version : How to do this braided bun?

Tetrahedron
November 15th, 2016, 02:48 PM
On the British TV show Our Girl, the main character Georgie has her hair braided back most of the time, in a really nice, practical looking style. I've been eyeing it up ever since I started watching the show, but I've been unable to find out what it's called, and so how to do it. This is the best link I've been able to find for it, it's not perfect but it's a decent shot: http://i2.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article11373092.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/KEEGAN-ARMY-JM-4.jpg

Nique1202
November 15th, 2016, 02:53 PM
To me, that kind of just looks like twin french braids crossed over in the back maybe with the tassels tucked in under the opposite braid?

Strands
November 15th, 2016, 03:22 PM
To me, that kind of just looks like twin french braids crossed over in the back maybe with the tassels tucked in under the opposite braid?

That is exactly what I think it is. I might try this myself! :)

lapushka
November 15th, 2016, 04:56 PM

Thirding this. Very simple hairstyle to do, even though it might depend on your level of practice w/ French braids.

Tetrahedron
November 15th, 2016, 10:30 PM
Thanks, everyone. Yeah, I see the French braid now I look - just the bun bit at the back confused me a bit, it looks so intricate - which I guess sort of highlights how new I am with braids; anything more complex than a fishtail or standard English braid impresses me :p.

Lapushka - my French braids are a developing skill, let's say. I'm actually considering making another post with a picture and a cry for help. I've watched enough Youtube videos that I get what I'm supposed to be doing, but whenever I try I end up with very uneven, chunky and bumpy braids and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Nique1202
November 16th, 2016, 06:10 AM
I've watched enough Youtube videos that I get what I'm supposed to be doing, but whenever I try I end up with very uneven, chunky and bumpy braids and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Everyone starts out that way, whether you're 5 or 55 when you first start braiding. The only way to improve is practice. I recommend sitting down and trying it 1-3 times once a day, and no more than 3 attempts per day so that you don't get too frustrated. It may take a while before you can get the look you want, but it can be done. It took me about 2 weeks of practicing that way before I had dutch braids I was even remotely willing to wear out of the house when I first started, and once I had dutch braids down, it took me even longer to get french braids going because I'd started with dutch and everything was backwards. :laugh: