PDA

View Full Version : A year of progress! Help with my hair type?

omgitssarah
November 11th, 2016, 01:52 AM
Hi guys! I've been on this forum for quite a while, and FINALLY I have defeated the pixie monster!

This was from about a week after my last trim, in late December of last year

http://i.imgur.com/9kAYypHl.png

And this is from today, just after washing

http://i.imgur.com/mH1zyTql.jpg

I see SO much progress! Can anyone help figure out what my hair type is? I'm clueless

Zebra Fish
November 11th, 2016, 02:14 AM
Can't help you with the hair type, sry, but wow you got some growth! And I so love the colour <3

omgitssarah
November 11th, 2016, 02:15 AM
And in case it makes a difference, this is what the texture is like after being brushed

http://i.imgur.com/ZDIG1xil.jpg

omgitssarah
November 11th, 2016, 02:15 AM
Can't help you with the hair type, sry, but wow you got some growth! And I so love the colour <3

Thank you so much! Henna does wonders :D

MidnightMoon
November 11th, 2016, 03:49 AM
I'd say something between 2b and 2c, leaning towards 2c

MidnightMoon
November 11th, 2016, 04:04 AM
ah, also, a pic in the sun or with light coming not only from the top and standing from your back would be better, it would help see the depth of the waves, distribution, and such.

lapushka
November 11th, 2016, 04:30 AM
OMG, I thought you were never going to go past pixie! And here you proved me wrong! Great!!! :D Awesome. And congratulations! :cheer:

I think you are 2b/c.

Alissalocks
November 11th, 2016, 07:02 AM
You were meant to be a redhead :) #JustSayin #HennaRocks

JaneHathaway
November 11th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Yay for you! As a fellow pixie-grower-outer I know how frustrating it must have been for you, but you powered through and achieved wonderful growth. Congratulations! I can't hazard a guess as to your type because I'm confused about my own.

Sunshine&Opals
November 11th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Great job, well done! Your waves/curls look similar to mine, so I'm guessing 2b/2c. Leaning towards 2c more though, because it seems more consistently wavy. But, hey, I'm no expert. :shrug:
Well done to you for sticking with the growth through such a tricky stage. The length looks great on you!

Annalouise
November 11th, 2016, 11:15 AM
I would say 2C, maybe fine? Are you a fine hair?

Gothic
November 11th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Your texture looks like mine! :D Mine is 2b/2c by the way :)

omgitssarah
November 11th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Thank you everybody!! I'm so happy with my progress, and you're all so sweet!! <3

As in, the individual strands? I don't think I'm fine. I've gone almost a year without trimming at all, or even S&D, and I don't really have any split ends to speak of. I think I'm most likely medium, with the occasional coarse strand just for giggles. :p

omgitssarah
November 11th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Thank you everybody!! I'm so happy with my progress, and you're all so sweet!! <3

As in, the individual strands? I don't think I'm fine. I've gone almost a year without trimming at all, or even S&D, and I don't really have any split ends to speak of. I think I'm most likely medium, with the occasional coarse strand just for giggles. :p

MidnightMoon
November 11th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Well, the thickness of individual strands doesn't really have to do with split ends. I have like the finest strands on earth, cobweb-like, and I never get split ends, I can go 18 months without cutting anything off and don't get them.

lapushka
November 11th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Well, the thickness of individual strands doesn't really have to do with split ends. I have like the finest strands on earth, cobweb-like, and I never get split ends, I can go 18 months without cutting anything off and don't get them.

I was about to comment on that as well. I have F hair and don't get splits either.

omgitssarah
November 11th, 2016, 03:13 PM
I was under the impression that fine hair was more delicate, my bad!

I'm still pretty sure I'm M, though.

lapushka
November 11th, 2016, 03:45 PM
I was under the impression that fine hair was more delicate, my bad!

I'm still pretty sure I'm M, though.

For some people that is most certainly true, but I don't think it's necessarily a general rule. :flower:

You are the one who feels how thick or thin a strand of your hair is. So, it's up to you! :)

Annalouise
November 11th, 2016, 04:04 PM
I'll 3rd that! :) I am a fine hair and I don't get splits either. Fine hair is more fragile, that is correct. I think that we have learned how to take care of our hair properly so we don't get split ends. Yay LHC! :D

lora410
November 11th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Fantastic growth from pixie in 1yr!!!!

Anya15
November 12th, 2016, 05:21 AM
Fantastic progress in a year! And I'd peg you at 2c :D

omgitssarah
November 12th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Fantastic progress in a year! And I'd peg you at 2c :D

Thank you so much! I'm sticking with 2b/2c for now, we'll see how it acts once it gets longer. =D

Anya15
November 12th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Thank you so much! I'm sticking with 2b/2c for now, we'll see how it acts once it gets longer. =D

Yes, it might get curlier as it grows longer :)

browneyedsusan
November 12th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Just popping in to say how nice it is to see you again! :waving:

Nice growth! :)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
November 12th, 2016, 09:13 PM
Hi!
Congratulations on your new length.

omgitssarah
November 15th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Just popping in to say how nice it is to see you again! :waving:

Nice growth! :)

Thank you so much!! You were so helpful while I was growing, especially with styling tips! Your hair is looking AMAZING!