PDA

View Full Version : Holy coconuts, literally!

lora410
March 21st, 2008, 05:07 PM
OK, I just purchased my 2nd thing of coconut oil. the first i gave away because my dumb butt used to much, and being a amateur at the time used to much and was like OK this sucks :lol: :rolleyes:ANYWAY back to my story now. I got the extra virgin coconut oil at walmart and i smelled it and WOW it is strong!!!! I did use a tiny bit on my length and holy silky soft hair:joy: I actually think I like this better them my sweet almond oil!!!

Kirin
March 21st, 2008, 05:10 PM
WHERE in walmart do you find this oil? I cant find it at our local walmart. Matter of fact, i cant find coconut oil anywhere, grocery stores, walmart.... you name it, only health food stores........ which, want 25 dollars for a baby jar sized amount. Uh, no lol.

Tapioca
March 21st, 2008, 05:16 PM
It's by the vitamins. Lots of people eat it as a supplement.

Carina
March 21st, 2008, 05:22 PM
I have also messed up with coconutoil:lol: so many times that I lost track of how many:o.But coconut really makes my hair happy and my ends don't have a date with the scissors anytime soon.;)

lora410
March 21st, 2008, 05:45 PM
WHERE in walmart do you find this oil? I cant find it at our local walmart. Matter of fact, i cant find coconut oil anywhere, grocery stores, walmart.... you name it, only health food stores........ which, want 25 dollars for a baby jar sized amount. Uh, no lol.

Vitamin/pharmacy area; aka were you find biotin. I looked in the hair area and I was like I bet its in the vitamin area, and sure enough it was. Yeah healthfood stores are waay overpriced for this stuff. I paid 10$ for 16oz.

khyricat
March 21st, 2008, 07:25 PM
I paid about 10 at whole foods for the last unrefined I bought.. the refined (I use it in place of butter and don't always want the coconut taste) by the stove I got on sale at Meijers for 5.99/jar! I bought 2, though I am still on the first one.. the second may get used on my hair and body rather than buying more unrefined if I run out too soon..

Elfling
March 21st, 2008, 07:55 PM
i've been using coconut oil for months now and I still overdo it sometimes- it's so easy to do. Right now my hair looks like it's on a 4th day of no wash, even though I washed it this morning; I overdid the oiling last night. At least it doesn't hurt anything, I just wrap it up in a scarf.

helynhighwater
March 21st, 2008, 08:07 PM
For anyone in the Southern US, you should be able to find a 14 ounce jar of organic coconut oil in Piggly Wiggly for around $10. I bought mine this past summer and still have 2/3 of it left, though I use it on a daily basis.

coppercurls
March 21st, 2008, 10:03 PM
Coconut oil rocks!

Patrycja
March 22nd, 2008, 07:25 AM
I didn't know where you can find the smell good coconut oil.Thanks lora!

harley mama
March 22nd, 2008, 07:40 AM
My hair and skin love coconut oil. I am going to check at our local Walmart to see if they carry it here. Thanks for the tip.

lora410
March 22nd, 2008, 08:14 AM
Your welcome ladies :-)

angelthadiva
March 22nd, 2008, 08:28 AM
I'll have to check that out, I got mine at Meijer too, but in the cooking section...GNC was too expensive, and I never thought to look for it over by the suppliments! :D

OBTW, it's super easy to over do it w/the oil...Thankfully, it doesn't harm!

Sorus
March 22nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
The huge Walmart near me has groceries and also stocks coconut oil in the cooking oils section. I think they also keep some by the vitamins. It would be interesting to see if the oils in different places were different prices. I'll check next time I'm out there.

jastark84
March 22nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
I bought a medium sized jar at Wild Oats for like $7.50. Looooove the smell and it works absolute wonders for me. I'm currently sitting with a head full of it for a heavy oiling. I'm a CO girl, and it comes out easy enough for me, I just leave it on for a bit longer than normal.