PDA

View Full Version : Spa Day Hair

Kaya
November 3rd, 2016, 10:59 AM
I know, I know, it's a bit silly. Spa days are supposed to be about relaxing and escaping the world. The average person wouldn't worry about their hair, but as an aspiring long hair, I can't help it! :D

I normally wear my hair up in an oiled bun with a stick or double-ended knitting needle. Something tells me that won't be an option, considering I'm scheduled for a facial, a salt and oil body scrub followed by a massage. Plus there is access to hydrotherapy and heat facilities.

So I'd like a comfortable style that will be easy up and down, but won't be a complete pain to deal with when wet or frizzy. I thought about a ponytail, braided or loose, but loose tends to drive me crazy and a braid will fuzz out quickly. (My hair goes "boing" with massive curlies and fly-aways when in high humidity.) I'm wondering if I should just bring a wide tooth comb and TT and occasionally neaten up.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome! :flower:

hanne jensen
November 3rd, 2016, 11:20 AM
You could try to make a sock bun at the very top of your head. That way your hair won't be in the way when you're lying on your back or your tummy. For small wispies that can't quite make it up in the bun you could clip up with small clippies or use bobby pins. You can buy at Sally's or just about any supermarket a hair donut to use instead of a sock.

sumidha
November 3rd, 2016, 11:38 AM
It just so happens I totally had a spa day with my hair yesterday. :D

I was actually going to comment on the Random Hair Thoughts thread about it right now, lol. That being said, my spa day was a lot less involved than yours sounds, just a really nice hot tub and fancy spa showers with never ending hot water. I second the super high bun idea, and personally I'd go for double pointed knitting needles, I wouldn't risk a TT in a wet/hot spa environment. And, I mean obviously this is a matter of personal choice but, don't worry about frizzy or wispy hair, you're there to relax! No one is going to be judging your slightly less than slick hairdo, it's natural for it to get a bit messed up doing spa treatment stuff. :)

Nique1202
November 3rd, 2016, 11:53 AM
I second the super high bun idea, and personally I'd go for double pointed knitting needles, I wouldn't risk a TT in a wet/hot spa environment.

I think that TT here stood for Tangle Teezer, not the hairstick maker. XD

Why does your hair have to go up and down and up and down? Could you just throw it up in a crown braid/heidi braids and leave it that way all day? Or maybe make a single braid (french, dutch, or english, to your preference) and pin the tail up whenever you need it off your neck.

sumidha
November 3rd, 2016, 12:04 PM
That's what I get for posting while still drinking my coffee! :laugh:

Kaya
November 3rd, 2016, 12:32 PM
That's what I get for posting while still drinking my coffee! :laugh:

That's quite all right! :o It gave a me laugh!

As for the option of braiding, I'd consider it, but I'm not sure if a scalp massage might be included with the facial or fully body massage. I certainly wouldn't say no to one, but I reckon braided hair might get in the way. :confused:

I'll definitely consider the high bun option!

I've never done a spa day before, so I'm really not sure what to expect. :oops:

hanne jensen
November 3rd, 2016, 12:50 PM
You'll be so relaxed. Don't plan anything for the evening because you'll be tired in a good way. You'll get the best night's sleep ever when you get home.

littlestarface
November 3rd, 2016, 01:03 PM
I'd say a high bun right on top of the head that way you can make it come down easy for the massage and just twirl it back up when your done.

Alissalocks
November 4th, 2016, 07:16 AM
(I lurked this thread thinking it might give tips for giving your hair a "spa day," not how to wear your hair to the spa... Lol!) :p

truepeacenik
November 4th, 2016, 12:10 PM
I'm a massage therapist, with a penchant for places with hot water. Usually stinky hot water, but it all applies.

Braid a high pony. Then bun. (Cheap clips are fine for this. Oil is fine, if that's ok with the water features.) And strut out of there with the "yeah, I just had an awesome massage" look on your face.

I manage scalp massage on all but the tightest braids. There are many ways to do it.
i also tend to wipe my hands off and use the alcohol gel to get all oils off before scalp work.
the mainstream lotions usually have some dimethicone for....slip!

kidari
November 4th, 2016, 04:29 PM
How about a plain cinnamon bun on top of your head with some claw clips (I wouldn't use any of my really nice hair toys for it in case it gets warped from the heat of the saunas and such). Have fun!

truepeacenik
November 4th, 2016, 06:50 PM
An environment made for acrylic, for sure.