PDA

View Full Version : The yeast infection cream ????

ALenee
October 21st, 2008, 09:48 AM
Can someone PLEASE tell me exactly how to do this??? I read through the thread (several pages) and couldnt find proper instructions. :confused:

It really makes your hair grow faster? Gives you headaches?

Sammybunny711
October 21st, 2008, 09:55 AM
I too would love to have more instructions and info...this treatment just sounds so bizarre!

chrissy-b
October 21st, 2008, 10:29 AM
There are multiple ways you can apply this cream and the easiest way to find all the different methods is to search the monistat thread (I did a search for "apply" directly in the thread and came up with many different options).

Yes, some people do get accelerated growth, and yes, some people do get headaches. I used this cream and I did get new and faster growth sans headaches but I've opted to go a more all natural route because I do not know the long term effects of using an anti-fungal on my scalp. When I was using it, I applied the name brand Monistat at 4% directly on my scalp on clean, damp hair 2-3xs a week and would leave it on until my next wash.

ETA: Here (http://hairgrowth.5u.com/) is a link from Suicides_eve where she gives some explanation.

ALenee
October 21st, 2008, 12:10 PM
Thank you so much! I am slowly but surely making my way through the monistat thread LOL! Im thinking I will get a hair dye bottle and squeeze 1-2 inches of monistat and mix with some water. Applying it to damp hair 2x a wk to start. Sound right?

Thanks!:D

Islandgrrl
October 21st, 2008, 12:14 PM
Alenee, that sounds about right. I mix with warm water - it just feels better. Then I give myself a gentle scalp massage.

I'm back to doing this once a week or so, the night before I plan on washing. I apply to my scalp with a little squeeze bottle that you'd use for hair color, and my hair is dry when I apply. I only leave it on overnight, I shampoo or CO the next morning. I don't get headaches from it, but I do notice that the itchiness on my scalp is seriously reduced when I apply the stuff with any regularity. Of course, YMMV.

Deborah
October 21st, 2008, 12:25 PM
Alaina,

Just one note. You apply the Monistat to your scalp, not to the rest of your hair. It doesn't help the hair (and is expensive), you only need it on your actual scalp. :)