PDA

View Full Version : Growth Rate Question

Sammybunny711
October 21st, 2008, 09:35 AM
Hello all! I am getting married on May 15, 2010 and that leaves me roughly 18 months and three weeks or so before my wedding. My front layers are chin length and when I measure over the back of my head, my hair is about 13" currently. Because I am pretty short, waist length for me would be about 26-27". I know that leaves me about 13-14" of growth to go before waist length. My hair grows about an inch a month BUT I know that there could be factors that impede growth (seasons, etc). I wanted to post pics from my first growing attempt which shows a period of growth of 9 months. Do you guys think it is feasible for me to have waist length hair by my wedding? (my current hair is in my avatar).

Nov. 2008
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3212/2949211271_8177f5c7d4_m.jpg

Aug. 2008
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3143/2949212875_425ff84bee_m.jpg:confused:

spidermom
October 21st, 2008, 09:41 AM
I know it would be absolutely impossible for me to get that much growth in 18 months, but if you get an inch a month for most of those months, you'll make it. Best of luck and happy wedding!

amaiaisabella
October 21st, 2008, 10:03 AM
Your hair color is beautiful and it seems to be super healthy :) so it seems feasible. Good luck and happy growing!

ChloeDharma
October 21st, 2008, 10:15 AM
From what you say it sounds very probable that you can get waistlength hair in that time.
Good luck and happy growing :)

NeilTheFuzz
October 21st, 2008, 10:32 AM
You could almost certainly get very near your goal in that time. I wish you luck :)

Ohio Sky
October 21st, 2008, 10:58 AM
It's possible, but you have to be diligent. Drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet to maximize growth, and take care of your hair so you don't end up having to cut more off than you grow. You might want to check the supplements thread and/or the monistat thread for ideas on increasing growth.

Merkaba
October 21st, 2008, 11:03 AM
I use GNC Women's Ultranourishair and have had good growth on that, it has lots of vitamins too.

suicides_eve
October 21st, 2008, 02:12 PM
i don't think so. Probably a bit past bsl. my hair grows 1 inch a month or more and i have been in a stall which has pushed back my goals quite a bit.

It never hurts to do everything you can to try and get there ya never know:)

plainjanegirl
October 21st, 2008, 02:23 PM
It's possible, but you have to be diligent. Drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet to maximize growth, and take care of your hair so you don't end up having to cut more off than you grow. You might want to check the supplements thread and/or the monistat thread for ideas on increasing growth.

I've seen the monistat thread but not the supplements thread....can you direct me to where it is??

Eryka
October 21st, 2008, 02:29 PM
Two words: scalp massage.

I think its feasible. But don't let your hair dictate an important day.

jojo
October 21st, 2008, 02:59 PM
Well if you do indeed grow 1" a month then you should reach waist by this time next year. Though I find it highly unlikely, my hair was roughly the length of your first picture in December 2005, I am just getting to BSL.

A good diet and kind treatment will certainly make your hair healthy.

Good luck with your hair and your wedding xx

Sammybunny711
October 22nd, 2008, 05:25 AM
Thanks for all the comments, LHCers!

Ohio Sky
October 22nd, 2008, 11:20 AM
I've seen the monistat thread but not the supplements thread....can you direct me to where it is??

Sorry, wondered away from the thread yesterday. I didn't see the supplements thread anywhere, but here's an article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=74) on it. :)