PDA

View Full Version : Considering changing hemline...have you changed yours due to length or style?

GoddesJourney
October 27th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Okay, so I've had the same V shaped hemline for ages. I like it. However, my go to style is a single English braid, which is much easier with a straight hemline. Also, I'm down by hip length again and I was wondering if, for longer lengths, I should see if a straight hemline would look better. I have no layers anymore or bangs.

So, LHC, have any of you found that your hair looks better or is easier to manage at different lengths with different hemlines? I'd love to read about your experiences to help me decide if I would like to try something new or just continue to neglect my hair.

Thanks.

Entangled
October 27th, 2016, 10:30 PM
I just switched from blunt and straight to a slight u. I think it looks better with my texture, and I found some old photos from when I still went to a stylist whenI had this hemline, so I decided to go for it.

lapushka
October 28th, 2016, 03:58 AM
I had an all blunt cut at waist and just started managing to do a bun (LWB). It was a very bulky bun. Then I couldn't stand the length anymore, something had to happen, so I layered it (compact cut, forehead ponytail) and it got easier. This gives you a V. I found that it went more smoothly into a bun (because hey, "thinned out") and I had no issues since. I'm not sure about braiding, as I hardly ever braid the hair. But for buns a V is just right for me. And I still have that same layered cut now at classic & had it at classic+. I love that cut on me!

YMMV, of course.

embee
October 28th, 2016, 05:15 AM
I always wear a bun and fairytale ends are best for me. The blunt cut was horrible for any updo I tried, very sad.

GoddesJourney
October 28th, 2016, 07:33 AM
I see. I've been considering trying buns now that I'm unemployed and don't have to wear the super tight, doesn't stay up unless it's wet and therefore heavy (headache) military bun that ruined buns for me. Maybe now I can make friends with some type of bun that I can do dry that doesn't involve hair sticks, so I can lean up against things or lie down without issue. I guess that's why I find braids so comfortable. Speaking of which, I weighed myself before and after shower the other day and if I squeeze the water from my hair it still weighs an extra half pound when wet. No wonder having that strapped to the back of my head all day was uncomfortable! But I digress...

So I was looking at pretty much billions of pictures of long hair last night and maybe something like a U shape would be more even but less drastic than a blunt hemline at this length. Hmm...

Hopefully more people will weigh in on this and help me decide. :)

GoddesJourney
October 30th, 2016, 11:28 PM
So...I decided to try a U hemline and failed. I believe I cut too much for step two, which resulted in a mostly blunt, slightly U hemline. And I'm back to waist. Lame. Although done by my own hand. And I was so hoping for solid hip-when-puffy by the end of the year. Oh well...

To be fair, I made a braid and the end of the braid does look better with a blunt hem. I'm set back on buns staying nicely though. Back to the waiting game.

mermaid lullaby
October 31st, 2016, 12:43 PM
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about the result. That kinda stinks...

lapushka
October 31st, 2016, 01:32 PM
So...I decided to try a U hemline and failed. I believe I cut too much for step two, which resulted in a mostly blunt, slightly U hemline. And I'm back to waist. Lame. Although done by my own hand. And I was so hoping for solid hip-when-puffy by the end of the year. Oh well...

To be fair, I made a braid and the end of the braid does look better with a blunt hem. I'm set back on buns staying nicely though. Back to the waiting game.

For step 2 you almost only need to remove the "point" to the V, so *very* little. But oh well... fat lotta good that does now. :( You'll know for next time, though. :flower: