PDA

View Full Version : Good Results! ( I think)

MandaMom2Three
October 21st, 2008, 07:33 AM
Ok, so I tried a 15 minute olive oil soak last night then washed with CO using the filtered shower. I braid it then go to bed (so I get lots of waves). This morning I just finger combed. The oil didn't all wash out, and I think next time I wont put any on the top of my head as it looks pretty greasy, but I think the length liked it! You can see the before pic in my siggy and I'll put up a pic now that I just took. Does this look shiny or just greasy :o? Either way this is the first time in YEARS my hair isn't frizzed out!!:cheese:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/muchforgiven_2008/newhair2.jpg

Islandgrrl
October 21st, 2008, 07:41 AM
Wow, you have some great waves going on there. And what a difference between the textures in your sig picture and your after EVOO shot. There's definitely something to be said for being frizz-free!!! I think it looks really good.

Honestly, shiny vs greasy is hard to tell in a photo. I thought your hair was WET in the photo. Probably a better indicator would be how it feels. Is it greasy feeling or just really soft?

FWIW, I can't use EVOO in my hair. It's way too heavy for me and really hard to get out. I prefer coconut oil, myself. My hair really responds to it and I can CO it out easily.

spidermom
October 21st, 2008, 08:30 AM
I think it looks a bit greasy around the scalp area or, like islandgrrl said, wet. Terrific shine. Sometimes I use EVOO also, but only on the bottom 1/4 of so of my hair. I like coconut oil best.

Dolly
October 21st, 2008, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I think only the scalp area looks like it got too much oil. The rest of it looks GREAT! I do heavy oilings with coconut oil, but only from the ears down.

jojo
October 21st, 2008, 08:40 AM
the ends looks *oh get your shades on shiny* just leave it off the scalp next time, it does that to me too but your hair looks great x

MandaMom2Three
October 21st, 2008, 09:55 AM
Yes that was the first thing I noticed, even last night, was that I definitely don't need to put it on the top of my head :p , but the majority of the length, soft as a baby's behind! I did loose a lot of volume, but I think most of it was frizz LOL. I used olive this time as my hair was just SO dry and EVO just seemed so thick and luxurious ;) I will be experimenting with different oils too. I'm planing on giving a good oiling once a week, I'll try coconut next :D

ETA- Oh yeah, about the waves! That's why I shower in the evening and right away put it into 2 braids, I love the results :D