PDA

View Full Version : Triangle hair

Pink_Tea
October 26th, 2016, 04:20 AM
Does anyone have any tips for "triangle hair".

Basically my hair is more limp at the scalp and has more body at the bottom. I have very fine type of hair but I've been told I have quite a lot of hair.

Thanks.

202_bh_rider
October 26th, 2016, 04:45 AM
Maybe try oiling the bottom down a little? Or letting your roots get covered in sebum and use some dry shampoo? Maybe even a combination of both?

OhSuzi
October 26th, 2016, 05:04 AM
I don't know how long or how curly your hair is - but Curly heads can often get triangle hair especially about bob / shoulder length hair. If the hair is all one length, the weight at the top pulls the curls flat to your head & they get lighter more curly towards the bottom so you end up with more volume at the bottom and a pyramid head.
Quite often people on here seem to talk about growing out their layers - but if you want to make the most of your curls / waves (If you have them) & create even volume - Get layers cut in. Top / middle layers are shorter and lighter and you should get more curl all over and a more even volume.
Or embrace the triangle? I love an ear / chin length wavey triangular bob very french & chic sort of vintage 20s style! (Google Beatrice from the House of Elliot)

ETA:

Also you could make sure you dry your roots gently with a diffuser on cool and either lightly finger comb them in to the air / stick your head up side down whilst you dry so youd have more volume at the roots?

Pink_Tea
October 26th, 2016, 06:25 AM
Suzi, my hair is fairly straight, maybe with a very slight wave sometimes. It seems to sit very flat against my scalp, but once it gets past about the chin it seems to "poof" out somehow. It's pretty odd XD Maybe I have some slight wave going on at the bottom that gives my hair more volume. My hair is a little past shoulder length.

Do you think the layers would work for straight-ish hair as well?

LaísB
October 26th, 2016, 06:27 AM
I understand that problem, my hair has the exact same aspect of looking like a triangle. What I use to help with it is layers. They look awful when growing and need maintenance to look good over time (a year without cutting with my layers? nope.) but they help to minimize the triangle shape because it gives more body to the upper layers which gives them volume near the roots.

lapushka
October 26th, 2016, 07:06 AM
I think a hairtyping picture might be in order here. ;) You just S/C your hair, carefully towel dry (no combing or brushing) and let it dry, then take a picture of the back of your head, and post it.

It's hard to give advice if we don't have much to go on. It all depends on hairtype what you can do, hair thickness (volume), etc.

Kajzh
October 26th, 2016, 07:40 AM
I don't know how long or how curly your hair is - but Curly heads can often get triangle hair especially about bob / shoulder length hair. If the hair is all one length, the weight at the top pulls the curls flat to your head & they get lighter more curly towards the bottom so you end up with more volume at the bottom and a pyramid head.
Quite often people on here seem to talk about growing out their layers - but if you want to make the most of your curls / waves (If you have them) & create even volume - Get layers cut in. Top / middle layers are shorter and lighter and you should get more curl all over and a more even volume.
Or embrace the triangle? I love an ear / chin length wavey triangular bob very french & chic sort of vintage 20s style! (Google Beatrice from the House of Elliot)

ETA:

Also you could make sure you dry your roots gently with a diffuser on cool and either lightly finger comb them in to the air / stick your head up side down whilst you dry so youd have more volume at the roots?

I know OP said they don't have curly hair, but I thought I would point this out for any curlers reading along: Yhe patented Ouidad hair cutting technique is simply fabulous for getting rid of the triangle silhouette in 3b+ hair. My sister is a solid 3c and has struggled with triangle silhouettes all of her life. But since she found a Ouidad-trained stylist, she hasn't had that problem in years.