PDA

View Full Version : No poo or low poo for fine hair?

Pink_Tea
October 26th, 2016, 04:02 AM
Hi I'm just curious if anyone can tell me their experiences with these two methods with fine hair?
I have very fine hair, gets oily at the scalp easily, tends to be more limp at the scalp.

Thanks. :)

lapushka
October 26th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Maybe try looking up the WO (water only), SO (sebum only) threads on here. If that's what you meant by low poo.

TatsuOni
October 26th, 2016, 07:25 AM
Today my hairs are thicker (mostly because of hendigo) but when I began CO (condidioner only) my hair was definitely fine and it works for me. My scalp on the drier side. Before CO and when I washed more often, my scalp used to be flaky and dry, yet my hair would be very oily.

What no/low poo methods do you consider? Water only? Conditioner only? Sulfate free shampoos? Something else?

Annalouise
October 27th, 2016, 01:54 PM
I have fine hair and water only didn't go so well for me..... MAJOR hair loss. It could have been a coincidence that my health crashed *when I was doing a water only experiment, OR, more likely, I had a fungal issue on my scalp which got WORSE with not washing my scalp and the oil built up. Who knows? All I know is that was a disaster for me. My hair never recovered from that. shudder:

Nightmare.

lithostoic
October 27th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Water only worked really well on my mostly medium but some fine hair to create volume. Only reason I stopped is because the bbb shredded my hair. Plus I was trying to get a job at the time, so I couldn't afford (literally) to go through the transition phase.