PDA

View Full Version : Growing your hair out when your significant other is bald

Ciscley
October 25th, 2016, 10:38 PM
A little random, but it's feeling extra surreal to me lately talking to my DH about hair loss and greying and other hair issues when he's bald. It makes me very appreciative of this forum since I'm sure he's come close to strangling me recently. Anyone else have a SO who is follicly challenged? Do they appreciate your hair more because of it or like my DH seem perpetually confused by the whole thing?

And for two random things about my baldy that struck me and triggered this post-

He uses more shampoo than I do. Always has but it's especially noticeable now that I'm extending the time between shampoos. Like we've bought shampoo for him twice this year and I'm still using the bottle from last year.

He quoted TorrinPaige at work the other day. He totally caught himself saying "anywhodles" or something like that. Melts my heart.

TatsuOni
October 26th, 2016, 01:29 AM
My boyfriend is bald on top of his head and shaves the rest. One of the best thing's he's done if you ask him. He loves long hair on me and has no choise but to listen to me talk about hair. I have to listen to him talk about drums so it's only fair:p He knows more about hair now then when he had APL hair himself :laugh: But I have friends and LHC to have more "deep discussions" about hair with:)

lapushka
October 26th, 2016, 07:26 AM
If he's bald, how the heck does he use that much shampoo. I get you want something gentle for the scalp area, to cleanse, but still, a coinsize should do him, right? It does make more sense if he does this daily! Bald heads you need to keep clean a lot. How come you're the one complaining over shampoo use? :lol:

TatsuOni
October 26th, 2016, 07:27 AM
BF doesn't use shampoo but regular body soap on his head, so we don't have any shampoo at home at all since I CO-wash.

Kajzh
October 26th, 2016, 07:38 AM
My partner used to have locks like me, but while I was on vacation last week, he shaved his head and will probably keep it that way forever now.

He texted me and said he was upset because he can't come to terms with his significant balding, and he can't tell if being emotional about it makes him a "weenie" (his words, haha!).

I sometimes feel strange because I work with hair nonstop ... I'm a hair stylist. So while I'm filling out spreadsheets, doing online consulting, making house calls, and doing pro bono work for Social Services, all of it has to do with hair. Oh well. He's handsome to me anyway. ♡

vampyyri
October 26th, 2016, 08:28 AM
My DH is a baldy as well, and he definitely uses more shampoo than I do. He has a whole face beard to clean, and he gets all of my reject conditioners/oils that work wonderfully on him. I recently had him try the rinse-out oil method with some sweet almond oil before conditioning his beard, and it came out amazing! I'm learning a lot here that benefits him as well—it's a team effort here because of his beard :lol: he likes to joke around that all of the hair on his head migrated to his beard, which it definitely seems like :p

He's super supportive of my journey to ridiculous lengths, he's actually me biggest fan/support for it!

lithostoic
October 26th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Nope, unlike his brother who started balding at 16 like their uncle, my bf at 18 still has a metric tonne of hair. I'll probably go bald before he does tbh.

missrandie
October 26th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Mine isn't bald, but frequently buzzes his hair. He usually wears it in a high fade (military high and tight) so has very little hair.

If I were to turn him loose on my shampoo, I wouldn't have any left. He uses more than I do! He says he likes the suds.

Eastbound&Down
October 26th, 2016, 12:17 PM
My DH is bald and could care less about my hair haha but he understands that it's important to me. He does roll his eyes and tease me for my oil DTs, but it's all in fun. He uses Head and Shoulder 2-1, so he stays away from my shampoo and conditioner for the most part.

sarahthegemini
October 26th, 2016, 12:59 PM
My boyfriend is bald too! Well his hair was thinning and so now he shaves it totally. He doesn't use shampoo on his head, just shower gel I think but he does shampoo and condition his beard :D

Arctic
October 26th, 2016, 01:09 PM
My ex-fiance (now friend) had noticeably thinning hair, and he is not a "hair person" per se himself. Yet he's become one of my best RL hair talking buddy (or victim of my hair talk), he tries to recognize different kinds of hair styles and has been very supportive with any hair related problems I've had (including my own hair loss, and my trichotillomania).

littlestarface
October 26th, 2016, 01:30 PM
SO is balding or bald i dunno he shaves it and never lets me see the top of his head, he couldn't care less about my hair, he's mostly just annoyed by it.