PDA

View Full Version : Best Hair Growth Supplements Without Biotin

MysteryGirl44
October 25th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Hey everyone,

I was a hair model for a major haircare brand in NYC on June 13th and the stylist who did my hair didn't know what she was doing (she was heat styling my hair without using any thermal protection, she used an entire bottle of hairspray during the styling, back-combed without mercy, and was yanking and pulling at my hair really hard) and when I got home that night and I took a shower, I realized that more than half of my hair fell out and the little hair that was left was like straw. I cried about this for weeks. I have been giving my hair a lot of TLC and thank god, the hair that is left is now in much healthier condition although it is extremely thin. But the hair that I lost has not grown back and I'm very worried. I am missing so much hair. I thought that by now, my hair would have naturally grown in, but it hasn't. What is the best way to heal my scalp from the trauma that it endured, so that my hair grows again? Do you think hair will grow back in the spots where hair fell out, or do you think the damage might be permanent?

What are the best supplements for hair growth that don't contain biotin? Also, what is the best prenatal vitamin for hair growth? Do you recommend anything else that may help me?

Thank you so much,
Victoria

Entangled
October 25th, 2016, 10:07 PM
First of all, relax. Your stylist didn't chemically burn your scalp, so you're only dealing with mechanical damage, and not even traction alopecia. Don't worry, your hair will grow back. How long is it? Hair grows decently slowly, so unless your hair is very short, your hair likely has only grown two inches, which will be manifest in a halo of frizzes. That's easy to confuse with the look of breakage, however. It will take a little time, but your hair should be fine.

About supplements, they will only help if you are deficient in something. Keep that in mind.:)

Here are two articles. The first is about biotin, which is not what your using, but is a good warning about vitamin doses. The second is about vitamins in general and is quite helpful.
http://igorsbelltower.blogspot.com/p/infamous-biotin-rant.html

http://igorsbelltower.blogspot.com/p/supplements-and-hair-growth.html

MysteryGirl44
October 26th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Thank you

As far as I can tell, I don't see any new growth, and that is what I'm worried about. When I come out of the shower and look at my hair, my scalp is still showing, just like the day this disaster happened. My hair is looking more normal now because I've done so much to improve the condition and health of my hair, but I really want new growth. When I run my fingers through my hair, I see scalp. It didn't used to look like that. How do I get my hair to grow again in the places where I lost hair?

Which specific supplements do you guys take? I'm afraid of getting acne, so I don't want to use biotin.

I just bought the Lenor Greyl Hair Loss Collection and I'm hoping it helps. I just used it for 4ish days in a row and it made my hair really dry, so I'm taking a couple days off to moisturize.
https://www.leonorgreyl-usa.com/store/hair-loss-treatment-collection/

MysteryGirl44
October 26th, 2016, 08:58 AM
My hair is bra strap length

Entangled
October 26th, 2016, 09:49 AM
The second article I linked to has many different supplements and what they're good for.

Annalouise
October 26th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Hey everyone,

I was a hair model for a major haircare brand in NYC on June 13th and the stylist who did my hair didn't know what she was doing (she was heat styling my hair without using any thermal protection, she used an entire bottle of hairspray during the styling, back-combed without mercy, and was yanking and pulling at my hair really hard) and when I got home that night and I took a shower, I realized that more than half of my hair fell out and the little hair that was left was like straw. I cried about this for weeks. I have been giving my hair a lot of TLC and thank god, the hair that is left is now in much healthier condition although it is extremely thin. But the hair that I lost has not grown back and I'm very worried. I am missing so much hair. I thought that by now, my hair would have naturally grown in, but it hasn't. What is the best way to heal my scalp from the trauma that it endured, so that my hair grows again? Do you think hair will grow back in the spots where hair fell out, or do you think the damage might be permanent?

What are the best supplements for hair growth that don't contain biotin? Also, what is the best prenatal vitamin for hair growth? Do you recommend anything else that may help me?

Thank you so much,
Victoria

I would have punched her in the head. WTF? This is why women need to stop allowing other people to walk all over us!!! GRRR, one of my pet peeves...doormat-itis.
You should have stopped her and said: PLEASE do NOT YANK on my hair B****! I'll sock you upside the head if you do that again.

But no, as women we are trained to sit so nicely and not say anything and be well mannered. I was raised that way and PUKE!!! That is how we end up as DOORMATS.:steam

First - you need to communicate to that company about that specific stylist and take pictures of your hair after this was done and EMAIL the company your pictures. How on earth can a so-called professional YANK your hair out and get away with it??? She needs to have her dumb a** fired.

You are NOT on this planet to have other people ABUSE you. PERIOD. My God! What is wrong with women today? (myself included, I had doormat-itis for most of my life).

Now that I've got that out of the way. This is a LESSON for you in learning to SPEAK UP for yourself. If you continue to hair model then you must express your concerns with the stylist and tell them that you will NOT accept them ABUSING your head of hair.

There is nothing you can do now but wait for it to grow out. It will grow. Vitamins are pretty much the same as long as they are good quality. I don't think it matters what brand. But if your hair was healthy before and it grew well then you probably don't have a vitamin deficiency. But with that said, it won't hurt you to take hair vitamins for a few months and see if your hair grows a bit faster.

Poor thing. These lessons in life are hard. Buck up camper! Tomorrow is a NEW DAY!:blossom:

MysteryGirl44
October 26th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Thank you, this was definitely a lesson learned for me in speaking up and needing to think of myself and my needs.

I didn't realize that my hair was falling out at the time. It wasn't until I got home that I realized what happened. My stylist was auditioning for New York Fashion Week, so I just let her do what she needed to as to not hurt her chances, but I was really upset inside because I know how damaged my hair gets from even just heat styling alone. That night after I realized that my hair fell out, I sent the stylist a panicked email explaining what happened and asking what to do. No reply. What a bitch! She was really nice to me during the appointment. The next day, I called the company all day long and left crying voicemails to the people in charge and no one called back. But I was relentless and eventually one woman called back and said that she talked to the other stylists after hearing my voicemail (before she talked to me, which makes no sense). She basically was implying/trying to make a case that she doesn't believe me, even after I sent her pictures. What I wanted from them was to be reimbursed for the products I would need to buy to help heal my hair from this experience and she said they couldn't do that, but that she would mail me their products for free. That never happened. Nobody returns my calls, ever. This was such a horrific experience. And this is a MAJOR haircare company.

vampyyri
October 26th, 2016, 11:01 AM
What company, if you don't mind my asking? Because I'll definitely avoid it, and tell others to avoid it as well... gotta hit them where it hurts for them to listen.

I'm sorry this happened to you, I couldn't even imagine!!

Bhruninha
October 26th, 2016, 11:10 AM
I take fish oil and collagen, both have improved hair growth and condition.

Annalouise
October 26th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Thank you, this was definitely a lesson learned for me in speaking up and needing to think of myself and my needs.

I didn't realize that my hair was falling out at the time. It wasn't until I got home that I realized what happened. My stylist was auditioning for New York Fashion Week, so I just let her do what she needed to as to not hurt her chances, but I was really upset inside because I know how damaged my hair gets from even just heat styling alone. That night after I realized that my hair fell out, I sent the stylist a panicked email explaining what happened and asking what to do. No reply. What a bitch! She was really nice to me during the appointment. The next day, I called the company all day long and left crying voicemails to the people in charge and no one called back. But I was relentless and eventually one woman called back and said that she talked to the other stylists after hearing my voicemail (before she talked to me, which makes no sense). She basically was implying/trying to make a case that she doesn't believe me, even after I sent her pictures. What I wanted from them was to be reimbursed for the products I would need to buy to help heal my hair from this experience and she said they couldn't do that, but that she would mail me their products for free. That never happened. Nobody returns my calls, ever. This was such a horrific experience. And this is a MAJOR haircare company.

:bull:
Wow! That is harsh. Really harsh. Well I guess you know that company doesn't care about people. :rolleyes:
So sorry. Geez, you need one of these...:ale: