PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 years on LHC

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 23rd, 2016, 01:38 AM
Well, okay. I have actually been here since 2011, but forgot about my hair, gave up, chopped to pixie several times in the last few years.
March 2015 I decided to give it a go, here was the length shot I got. (terrible I know)
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l251/rray13/Photo%20on%203-13-15%20at%205.47%20PM_zpsjdxm8nyl.jpg

In about a year and a half I went from shoulder to APL....

Here is today October 2016:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l251/rray13/october%202016_zpsx0dkm9aw.jpg

Is a year and a half a long time or does that sound like a natural length of time for that amount of length?

I got 2 "larger" trims and have done several micro trims in that 1.5 years because I am growing layers as well.
But looking back on the photos from a year ago make me feel like my hair has gotten pretty long! (Longer than I am use to.)
My BF comments on how long my hair has gotten, looking in the mirror every day stopped me from noticing I suppose, but his comments made me feel better about my length.
My aunt was very rude in September, made a comment about my length, "Is your hair even long enough for an up-do?" for my cousins wedding, made me feel insecure. When you work so hard you just want someone to notice, as much as I grow my hair for myself, getting complimented is nice every once in awhile, especially from family, but I digress.. :D Her comment made me question, "Is my hair even growing?"
But:
Looking at these photos kind of boosted my confidence tonight. One would assume that if I keep it up and experience no stalls I will hit my goal length in roughly 2 years. Which is fine by me!

Thank you LHC, I have neglected you, but no more!
:toast:

Sarahlabyrinth
October 23rd, 2016, 02:16 AM
Congrats. and your hair has grown A LOT, particularly as you say you have trimmed too! :)

hayheadsbird
October 23rd, 2016, 02:27 AM
Congratulations! :)

Kamille
October 23rd, 2016, 02:42 AM
Congrats on your hairgrowth! I love the colour!

lapushka
October 23rd, 2016, 03:55 AM
That is awesome and significant growth for "only" 1.5 years. That's a *lot*. I mean it too! I'm amazed at how much it grew in that short a time. Mine doesn't grow that fast, for sure. :) :lol:

Nice! :D :cheer:

Totty
October 23rd, 2016, 08:17 AM
Good progress

Kat-Rinnč Naido
October 23rd, 2016, 09:34 AM
Congratulations on your achievement
and thank you for sharing.

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 23rd, 2016, 04:43 PM
That is awesome and significant growth for "only" 1.5 years. That's a *lot*. I mean it too! I'm amazed at how much it grew in that short a time. Mine doesn't grow that fast, for sure. :) :lol:

Nice! :D :cheer:

I wasnt sure because I have never actually "measured" my growth, you know? I feel like other girls here grow so much faster than I do! I have never grown my hair past shoulder-apl length, and this is the longest I have ever grown my hair before. So everything is just, new to me.
I took a measuring tape to my head last night, and i measure at 17" long but for me to hit solid waist i will need 21-22" of hair, which is about 4"-5". I think I have a short torso. I should hit waist in about 9 months, and a solid hem probably in a year.
Which I think is the normal amount of time, 2.5 years usually is the time people seem to need to get from shoulder to waist from what I have seen on forums.. ive been researching lol so i think i have better growth than I thought, hopefully I remain on that path. A year isnt too long. :D For so long I felt like my hair grew super slow, but things have changed! I feel proud.

Capybara
October 23rd, 2016, 06:24 PM
Looking great! Congrats :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 23rd, 2016, 08:09 PM
Thanks everyone!