PDA

View Full Version : Silicone free conditioners/won't weigh hair down.

calmyogi
October 22nd, 2016, 10:46 AM
So I have been wanting to find a good silicone free conditioner. One that won't weigh my wurlies down (they get weighed down very easily with the lightest silicone conditioners). I want something that I would apply in the shower and wash out. I use Shea moisture at times, but it usually only works great for me as a leave in. I was kinda hoping to find a conditioner that is extra moisturizing. Since my hair is some what curly it leans on the dry side most of the time. Especially with winter coming.

I know there is one that has been mentioned on here from Sally's beauty, but I'm not sure if it will still weigh my hair down at all.

calmyogi
October 22nd, 2016, 10:48 AM
My hair likes to be treated like dry 1a hair lol. I like my wurls, but my fine hairs get flat , dry, and slick if I use too many cones and not enough just straight up nourishing stuff on it.

littlestarface
October 22nd, 2016, 12:19 PM
I can't use cones either but I dunno what you like and I dunno if you'll like my recommendations cuz I use stuff that smells very strong but my hair loves tresemme perfectly undone the one for wavy hair is so nice as a CO and a regular rinse out but I also add honey in it.

Garnier fructis triple nutrition(old formula one) my hair loves that and is very wavy after a shower.

Kinky curly Knot Today is a real good one on wet hair and just slightly rinsed out.

Also my fave hask packets I live on those. These are what my hair loves, sorry I could'nt be more help!

calmyogi
October 22nd, 2016, 12:36 PM
I can't use cones either but I dunno what you like and I dunno if you'll like my recommendations cuz I use stuff that smells very strong but my hair loves tresemme the one for wavy hair is so nice as a CO and a regular rinse out but I also add honey in it.

Garnier fructis triple nutrition(old formula one) my hair loves that and is very wavy after a shower.

Kinky curly Knot Today is a real good one on wet hair and just slightly rinsed out.

Also my fave hask packets I live on those. These are what my hair loves, sorry I could'nt be more help!

Thank you. I'll def check these out!

school of fish
October 22nd, 2016, 12:47 PM
I've just jumped ship from my longtime love Pantene Ice Shine (light silicone) to Tressemme Perfectly UnDone (silicone-free) and I'm shocked, SHOCKED at how much moisture and slip it delivers without weighing anything down. At least it behaves this way for me ;)

I don't know how to describe this, but it feels like a coney conditioner - but not... I've been able to straight swap the Pantene for the Tressemme without having to adjust my wash schedule at all, and the Tressemme does all the things for my hair that I loved about the Pantene, just 'more'.

I've got the type of hair that needs moisture but hates oils, it takes almost nothing to weigh my hair down into instant oilslick, so shots of rinse-out moisture do the trick for me. If you find you need an extra boost of moisture, adding a little honey in like littlestarface suggested is a great way to do it and it'll still rinse out readily and not weigh down :)

I'll be watching for others' suggestions too! ;)

littlestarface
October 22nd, 2016, 12:51 PM
I've just jumped ship from my longtime love Pantene Ice Shine (light silicone) to Tressemme Perfectly UnDone (silicone-free) and I'm shocked, SHOCKED at how much moisture and slip it delivers without weighing anything down. At least it behaves this way for me ;)

I don't know how to describe this, but it feels like a coney conditioner - but not... I've been able to straight swap the Pantene for the Tressemme without having to adjust my wash schedule at all, and the Tressemme does all the things for my hair that I loved about the Pantene, just 'more'.

I've got the type of hair that needs moisture but hates oils, it takes almost nothing to weigh my hair down into instant oilslick, so shots of rinse-out moisture do the trick for me. If you find you need an extra boost of moisture, adding a little honey in like littlestarface suggested is a great way to do it and it'll still rinse out readily and not weigh down :)

I'll be watching for others' suggestions too! ;)

Yea thats the one I really love right now, it;s weightless and smells soo good too.

lapushka
October 22nd, 2016, 01:30 PM
It's not always the silicones that weigh the hair down. If you get a Shea Moisture product (conditioner or masque), I am sure that will weigh the hair down much more than silicones will.

I'd get a conditioner from a "light line", like from a volumizing shampoo (Pantene), or from the aqua light line - they are not without silicones, though.

calmyogi
October 22nd, 2016, 02:08 PM
It's not always the silicones that weigh the hair down. If you get a Shea Moisture product (conditioner or masque), I am sure that will weigh the hair down much more than silicones will.

I'd get a conditioner from a "light line", like from a volumizing shampoo (Pantene), or from the aqua light line - they are not without silicones, though.

oils weigh my hair down as well, your right about that. Anything that's heavy does for sure. I also just don't like what silicones do to my hair after awhile. It usually takes a few washes and it's just like my hair isn't as Volumous as I like. It only really happens if I use silicone heavy products, and heavy oils.

calmyogi
October 22nd, 2016, 02:10 PM
School of fish and littlestarface I was looking that one up online just now and it has great reviews. I might try that one. School of fish I was curious how much slip it gave and you answered that for me.

school of fish
October 22nd, 2016, 06:45 PM
School of fish and littlestarface I was looking that one up online just now and it has great reviews. I might try that one. School of fish I was curious how much slip it gave and you answered that for me.

Oh yes, slippy slippy good! Honestly, in a 'blind taste-test' I would have pegged this as a cone conditioner based on how my hair detangles with this stuff, that's how slippy it is! It's leaves great glide in the hair both when wet and after the hair's dried.

I have the silky-yet-tangly variety of cobweb hair ;) Tangles are a way of life for me, no getting around that :p The difference I find with the Perfectly UnDone conditioner is that detangling throughout the day is noticeably easier because the tangles don't seem to take hold the same way - they happen, but strands release them more quickly and easily.