PDA

View Full Version : What would you say my natural colour/shade is?

hopefulred
October 20th, 2016, 02:08 PM
So as I'm learning to like my natural colour (it's taken a long time and my hair wing ruined to embrace it after 16-17 years of dying it) and I'm intrigued to know what colour/shade it will look when it's all grown out longish. It looks a different colour in different lights. I can't put a name to it except ginger, sometimes it looks more orange and other times more red! What colour would you say it was and do you think it will look lighter or darker wen its all my natural colour?

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p370/cheesecakelove85/Mobile%20Uploads/6499D165-8EC1-4676-8B54-5593D7FFDD65_zpsajuewef8.jpg (http://s345.photobucket.com/user/cheesecakelove85/media/Mobile%20Uploads/6499D165-8EC1-4676-8B54-5593D7FFDD65_zpsajuewef8.jpg.html)

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p370/cheesecakelove85/Mobile%20Uploads/BA69CB12-01F4-4355-AEA8-71E69097FDF9_zpssubeimjc.jpg (http://s345.photobucket.com/user/cheesecakelove85/media/Mobile%20Uploads/BA69CB12-01F4-4355-AEA8-71E69097FDF9_zpssubeimjc.jpg.html)

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p370/cheesecakelove85/Mobile%20Uploads/3E03CFB6-A115-41E3-A5EB-C55B62B388CB_zpsjhicwd8w.jpg (http://s345.photobucket.com/user/cheesecakelove85/media/Mobile%20Uploads/3E03CFB6-A115-41E3-A5EB-C55B62B388CB_zpsjhicwd8w.jpg.html)

lapushka
October 20th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Hard to tell from the pictures (the lighting is really bad) and that little outgrowth. You really need a few more inches to be able to *really* tell. I would say you have a strawberry blonde color - very pretty.

littlestarface
October 20th, 2016, 02:22 PM
I dunno it looks blonde to me, I don't see not even a hint of red, maybe a little orange in the second pic but that could be lighting. In the third pic tho it looks dark blonde.

spidermom
October 20th, 2016, 02:27 PM
I'd say a shade of blonde, too, maybe strawberry blonde. Stylists always referred to my hair as golden blonde or even just gold in the past, and it could look orangeish or reddish or brownish, depending on the lighting. Now they refer to it as silver or champagne blonde.

hayheadsbird
October 20th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Looks like it might be a very light copper, so I'd say a strawberry blond.

Rowdy
October 20th, 2016, 04:06 PM
I would call it 'brand new copper penny blonde'! :)

hopefulred
October 20th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Hard to tell from the pictures (the lighting is really bad) and that little outgrowth. You really need a few more inches to be able to *really* tell. I would say you have a strawberry blonde color - very pretty.

Nooooo don't say that, it's taken me three months to grow that much outgrowth!! :-(

Thankyou for saying it's pretty do you think it will look darker or lighter when it's all grown out?

Decoy24601
October 20th, 2016, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't quite call it strawberry blonde, but it's between that and a honey/golden blonde. It's really really hard to tell in those pictures though.

hopefulred
October 20th, 2016, 10:38 PM
You can see it abit better on this one

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p370/cheesecakelove85/Mobile%20Uploads/F6364186-7649-497C-9BAF-963FF54224A5_zpsghdehbfx.jpg (http://s345.photobucket.com/user/cheesecakelove85/media/Mobile%20Uploads/F6364186-7649-497C-9BAF-963FF54224A5_zpsghdehbfx.jpg.html)

Ciscley
October 20th, 2016, 11:23 PM
Your roots look like a classic redhead to me. And I think you definitely have enough regrowth to tell. That said, My experience is that hair lightens as it grows - from simple sun bleaching and natural fading. So I would expect your hair to be lighter and more of a strawberry blonde once it's grown in.

Very pretty color. Good luck with the grow out!

butterflybutton
October 21st, 2016, 12:04 AM
That's definitely copper!! So pretty! Level 8 or 9. It's going to look beautiful all grown out

lithostoic
October 21st, 2016, 01:01 AM
Wish that was my hair color, mine's the opposite lol.

Saproxylic
October 21st, 2016, 01:38 AM
I think it will grow out to a more strawberry blonde shade with some natural fading! I personally find that shade super cute!

lapushka
October 21st, 2016, 01:51 AM
Nooooo don't say that, it's taken me three months to grow that much outgrowth!! :-(

Thankyou for saying it's pretty do you think it will look darker or lighter when it's all grown out?

I *hate* to bring it to you, but... 3 months is like nothing in the grand scheme of growing hair. :o I know, I know it is a lot to you because it takes time and it took a lot to grow that much out (been there a bunch of times), but it's going to take even more perseverance to grow long hair than this. Just stick with us and we'll guide you through. :flower: And should ever the urge come to redye, just let us know beforehand so we can at least talk you down from the ledge.

Hard to say. Every haircolor is different. You'll just have to wait & see.

yahirwaO.o
October 21st, 2016, 01:58 AM
Red or strawberry blond!!!! For any person like me with dark hair, its fairly easy to tell and to be amazed because us we only see darkness and more darkness every morning LOL!!!

Coral Grimes
October 21st, 2016, 02:34 AM
Such a pretty colour - reminds me of rose gold which I love! :o

LadyCelestina
October 21st, 2016, 04:15 AM
Aw, I think you took the pics down already? they don't show for me. EDIT ok they worked when I refreshed. I think your hair is light red, a sort of sandy colour. It might get a bit blonder as it grows out :) p

OhSuzi
October 21st, 2016, 05:04 AM
Ditto Ciscley! There's definitely a beautiful rich reddy-ness in the roots, but it can be hard to tell when it's shorter and you have the strong contrast of the old colour. As it grows longer it will probably seem lighter, as more of the natural colour shines in the light. When it gets much longer it could be lightened/bleached a little by the sun towards the ends and eventually when you lose the contrast of the blond hair you'll be able to see the natural colour more accurately.

hopefulred
October 21st, 2016, 01:25 PM
I *hate* to bring it to you, but... 3 months is like nothing in the grand scheme of growing hair. :o I know, I know it is a lot to you because it takes time and it took a lot to grow that much out (been there a bunch of times), but it's going to take even more perseverance to grow long hair than this. Just stick with us and we'll guide you through. :flower: And should ever the urge come to redye, just let us know beforehand so we can at least talk you down from the ledge.

Hard to say. Every haircolor is different. You'll just have to wait & see.

Oh my word I will never ever dye it again iv well and truly learnt my lesson!! After 17years of bleaching and dying I'm done! I going to embrace my natural colour and only ever have to go to the hairdressers for a cut! I cant wait til its all grown out and healthy!! I will defo be sticking with you, I defo need the support, tips, advice and help!

school of fish
October 21st, 2016, 03:13 PM
To my eye it's looking strawberry blonde but echoing what others have said - it's hard to tell at the current stage of growout... more time is likely to bring more accuracy on predictions ;)

Bear in mind too that each of our screen/monitor settings may register a different tone for each of us looking - and then there's lighting, and then also our own personal takes on what consitutes 'blond', 'copper', 'gold', 'strawberry', 'ginger', etc.... ;)

Whatever it is you have coming in at the roots I think it's gorgeous, truly I do!!!

gypsycolleen
October 21st, 2016, 03:28 PM
Your color is: Beautiful!

Rose115
October 21st, 2016, 05:52 PM
It is the color "lovely!"
I would also call it strawberry blonde.

Obsidian
October 21st, 2016, 06:00 PM
I can't wait to see it all natural, its going to be so pretty. I'm not good at naming the different shades of red but to me it looks somewhere between strawberry blond and light red.
Your growth is looking good too. I know know special every little bit of growth is at this stage, you are doing great:)

hopefulred
October 22nd, 2016, 12:36 AM
Thankyou for the lovely comments they are helping me to like my colour more. I hate so much that it's damaged so badly but had it not been I wouldn't have come to terms with my natural colour and actually be embracing it. I know that in afew years time it will be a nice length and so healthy and all the damaged will be a distant memory, Iv just got to find a way to get through to that not hating my hair! Do you think that as its growing a cm each month that in 7months time (when I return to work after mat leave) it will have grown enough to have all the damaged hair off and have a layered chin length Bob?

lapushka
October 22nd, 2016, 05:50 AM
Oh my word I will never ever dye it again iv well and truly learnt my lesson!! After 17years of bleaching and dying I'm done! I going to embrace my natural colour and only ever have to go to the hairdressers for a cut! I cant wait til its all grown out and healthy!! I will defo be sticking with you, I defo need the support, tips, advice and help!

I'm glad!!! :D :flower: And you're doing it, every day, you are doing it. Just keep that in mind. It grows slowly, but one thing you can depend on, and that is, that it does grow. You'll be surprised a month from now where you are.

hopefulred
October 22nd, 2016, 06:05 AM
I'm glad!!! :D :flower: And you're doing it, every day, you are doing it. Just keep that in mind. It grows slowly, but one thing you can depend on, and that is, that it does grow. You'll be surprised a month from now where you are.

Thankyou honey! You really think il be surprised at how quick it will grow

calmyogi
October 22nd, 2016, 07:13 AM
Beautiful! I think it def looks strawberry blonde.

JaneHathaway
October 22nd, 2016, 07:57 AM
I hereby declare that your natural color shall henceforth be known by me as:

The EXACT Shade I Tried for Years to Achieve Chemically with Zero Success®

Deborah
October 22nd, 2016, 10:54 AM
Yep. Americans call that strawberry blonde, and we think it's a lovely color! Luckily for you, it is not a harsh or weird color contrast with the damaged part of your hair. I think the grow out should be pretty painless as a result. I don't say that lightly. I have seen lots of roots and thought "Yikes! That is going to be tough to tolerate." Lucky you.

hayheadsbird
October 22nd, 2016, 11:03 AM

Possible the best comment I've read all week! 😂

lapushka
October 22nd, 2016, 01:40 PM
Thankyou honey! You really think il be surprised at how quick it will grow

Yep, just spend time here, relax, and don't worry so much about the hair. Leave it alone as much as possible (benign neglect) and yeah, you'll be surprised. Besides, the first few inches are torture, but then after that it kind of seems to go faster. Did in my case, because it starts to become near invisible in French braids and such, and in ponytails.

hopefulred
October 22nd, 2016, 01:51 PM

Haha! It seems so alien t me that someone would go to the trouble of dyeing their hair to get it my natural colour when Iv been bleaching it to get away from it!!

hopefulred
October 22nd, 2016, 01:53 PM
Yep, just spend time here, relax, and don't worry so much about the hair. Leave it alone as much as possible (benign neglect) and yeah, you'll be surprised. Besides, the first few inches are torture, but then after that it kind of seems to go faster. Did in my case, because it starts to become near invisible in French braids and such, and in ponytails.

That makes me feel more positive about it thankyou. I think the worst thing is waiting for the damage to be cut off and seeing those awful splits everyday is awful I feel like if it wasn't so damaged then I could feel more patient and forget about it more but then like I said before if it wasn't so badly damaged I wouldn't be embracing and growing out my natural colour.