PDA

View Full Version : Help, are these bald patches?!

Idreamlong
October 18th, 2016, 04:18 AM
I have very quickly parted my hair roughly before I go out and have taken some quick pictures. Are these bald patches?

I have been shedding so much lately due to stress and it's not going to stop anytime soon.

I've ordered some of that shampoo that was mentioned on The Great Shed thread. It's arrived so I'll start with it on Thursday.

In really worried. It's not parted properly to be fair and some of the time when I was parting it it looked 'normal' but then there are the bits in the pictures. Pretty devastated TBH. This is not going to help my already through the roof stress and anxiety levels :(

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsgnvztga4.jpg

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsunwgldxh.jpeg

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsrfhiyueq.jpeg

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps1wm2nnoo.jpeg

Apolli
October 18th, 2016, 05:12 AM
Those look like normal partings to me- I've had traction alopecia before so I know bald patches can look. You also have lighter hair so those can make seeing through to the scalp easier than darker hair. Don't worry! :)

Stepo_NiNha
October 18th, 2016, 05:20 AM
Mine are much bigger. I don't think it's baldness. I'm baby fine haired and have a large space among the hair strands...

missrandie
October 18th, 2016, 05:45 AM
When I roughly part my hair, it looks very similar. It looks normal to me as well.

lora410
October 18th, 2016, 05:48 AM
Just your hairline :)

samanthaa
October 18th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Agreed with everyone else: it looks like a part line.

I also have a cowlick on the top left side of the back of my head and the direction that the hair grows from there had me initially worried it was a bald patch. But nope. I just have to be careful to force my hair in one direction with a fine-tooth comb to be sure I don't look like I'm balding :P

Anje
October 18th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Looks normal for hair the thickness mine is. Might be patchy if your hair is super-thick otherwise.

HairPlease
October 18th, 2016, 03:21 PM
It looks normal to me. They're just part lines.

lapushka
October 18th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Yes, agreeing with everyone else; that doesn't look like bald patches to me. Believe me, if they were, you would not need to ask: you'd *know*! Relax. You can lose up to 100 hairs a day without your hair even thinning. This is all perfectly normal.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 18th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Looks normal to me, mine looks the same :) Don't worry :flowers:

kittengirl
October 18th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Yes looks normal! No need to worry!

embee
October 18th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Just a messy part. Looks normal. :)

spidermom
October 18th, 2016, 05:34 PM
Looks o.k. I think it looks that way because the hair near the scalp is more oily than hair further away from the scalp.

M.McDonough
October 19th, 2016, 02:22 AM
I think that looks natural and those ladies know better, so..Unless you have OCD or something cuz I think I do :shrug:

calmyogi
October 19th, 2016, 05:00 AM
It looks just like my cowlick can look sometimes. Mine makes me look like my hair is thinning because of the wonky parts it gives me.

lapushka
October 19th, 2016, 06:30 AM
I have very quickly parted my hair roughly before I go out and have taken some quick pictures. Are these bald patches?

I have been shedding so much lately due to stress and it's not going to stop anytime soon.

I've ordered some of that shampoo that was mentioned on The Great Shed thread. It's arrived so I'll start with it on Thursday.

In really worried. It's not parted properly to be fair and some of the time when I was parting it it looked 'normal' but then there are the bits in the pictures. Pretty devastated TBH. This is not going to help my already through the roof stress and anxiety levels :(

Pardon me immensely for saying, but might that be the real issue here? :flower:

It *is* fall, so plenty of people shed more during this season, which is all perfectly normal still.

I would measure your circumference about twice a year (not more because it will fluctuate normally!) and keep an eye on your thickness that way. Beats having to stress and worry. :)

yahirwaO.o
October 19th, 2016, 05:23 PM
It looks like normal parting not at all like bald patches. I also have a back cowlick and looks like thinning, again this is also goes with a big old scar at the back of head which surprisly there is hair growing back again but super fine!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24172&d=1470114808

See the like scalp dot yeah!! Again I often see people with back parts and no old wounds whatsoever like that and it looks just great! Switching parting, styling brushing hair or gettin a color dry shampoo does the work of u wanna cover scalp clavage!

Llama
October 19th, 2016, 06:12 PM
No, those are not bald patches. Just the way your hair is parted. Don't worry :)

Idreamlong
October 20th, 2016, 01:43 AM
Thank you for the responses guys! Much appreciated! I'm sure my hair has got thinner, however it has also *yay* grown a lot the last year and therefore I'm wondering whether it's just an illusion? Meh. I'll keep an eye on it! Thank you again !

Kirby-oh
October 20th, 2016, 02:11 AM
Looks normal to me as well