PDA

View Full Version : Hair Calendar

cassandraj
October 17th, 2016, 09:38 PM
How do you feel track of your hair routine?
I.e. when you wash, when you clarify, when you trim, length, etc

Phone apps? Calendar? Journal?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to keep track!

Mrstran
October 17th, 2016, 09:45 PM
I keep a journal with my notepad on my phone. To be honest, it looks nuts at first glance. I have a section with a chart that shows different lengths on the body, a write out of how long it takes for hair to grow from each area to area (on average) "CL to APL" " BSL to TBL " for example. I have my growth, hair type, products, photos from behind and side view. lol You'd think I was nuts.

CarrotTop
October 17th, 2016, 10:11 PM
I don't really keep track of what I do when for hair care–*I just give my hair what it wants at any given moment. :shrug: But I do keep a spreadsheet of what products I've tried for my hair, with (almost) all the products from when I started growing my hair out in 2013 to now. I have columns for price, availability in stores, how quickly I went through it, the price per ounce, the price per month of use, whether my hair likes it, etc.

animetor7
October 17th, 2016, 11:34 PM
I used to keep track of experiments and changes in routine when I was first trying things on my blog here, and then later on a word document. But I've been pretty well settled into my routine for a few years now, so I don't keep as careful track anymore. The only thing I'm experimenting with currently is if I can stretch my full washes more by using scalp washes instead. But that doesn't quite require such careful record keeping as my wash schedule (especially for my scalp) is pretty set. :)

Nique1202
October 18th, 2016, 04:48 AM
My routine is "wash when I'm no longer comfortable wearing it out of the house, trim when I'm not happy with the ends, clarify in my first wash of every month" so I don't need any kind of calendar or spreadsheet. If I start tracking every variable I'll drive myself into constant panic attacks (I get really obsessive over stuff like that, it's terrible but I can't help it) so I keep it as low-key as possible.

school of fish
October 18th, 2016, 07:04 AM
What's going to work best for you will likely depend heavily on your care routine and on how you personally like to organize and keep track of your activities ;)

For me, because of the nature of my routine it's easy to keep track of it in my head. I wash daily, henna my roots on Sundays, and microtrim on the new moon, so aside from keeping track of moon phases it all gets remembered without needing written reminders. I'm sure I'd be keeping notes on my phone if I was on for example a 4-day wash cycle or something :)

Incidentally, the new-moon trimming thing has nothing to do me trying to bump my growth - it's about scheduling :p For some reason it's the simplest marker for me to remember to microtrim on a monthly schedule. If I had to remember something like 'every 4th Saturday' I'd lose track of which Sat I'm on... going by the moon means I just keep my eye on the night sky ;)

lapushka
October 18th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Easy. I weekly wash, so every Sunday. When I washed 2x a week, it was easy as well: every Wednesday & Sunday. Just fixed days, that may be the easiest to do, and fit into a schedule.

Alissalocks
October 18th, 2016, 08:38 AM
I keep a journal of my IPad note app, mostly because I'm really tuning in to my hair and trying to find patterns, record colors, washes, etc almost daily, and tracking monthly growth. Once I get the idea of how things are going for me, I'm sure I'll be done with it.

There's an awesome spreadsheet I've seen on this site too, if you search it. It's too much work for me, I'm too lazy :p

hayheadsbird
October 18th, 2016, 03:44 PM
I have a small journal in my dressing table. Each month I just write the dates on a double page spread, then make a note as I wash or experiment with new products or routines. On following pages I'll write up more details if I need/want. Partly I do it to keep track, but I'm pretty much on a 4 day wash cycle. I use to track actives and treatments in my skin care routine as well.

Groovy Granny
October 18th, 2016, 04:13 PM
I use the calendar feature on my email account (sends email reminders of dates) on my laptop, and I can add notes for that date of trims/amounts/lengths.
It keeps track of racer hair checks on the full moons, hemline snips at the seasonal changes, and the alternating weeks I am due to clarify or use my silver shampoo.
I only shampoo 1-2x/week (same days) and my product use is basic for my S&Cs (moisturize or clarify) so there is no need to keep track of such things for me.

sumidha
October 18th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Haha I am definitely not that organized... Very impressed by those who are, though. :)

Deborah
October 18th, 2016, 09:27 PM
My hair care is extremely simple. Wash every Saturday. Done.

LillithTheFirst
October 19th, 2016, 12:35 AM
I trim and dye my hair on a Full Moon. Wash twice a week. Thats it. :)

Carolyn
October 19th, 2016, 07:06 AM
I don't keep track. I record my trims and length measure in my LHC journal. Sometimes but not always. I don't sweat it anymore. I've never kept track of my treatments or clarifyings. I clarify as needed and do deep treatments as needed. I don't keep track of products I purchase. I can pretty much remember which ones I loved and which ones I hated.

hanne jensen
October 23rd, 2016, 02:19 AM
I have a small pocket calendar book that I write hair stuff in. When I dust, when I clarify, when I start a new product.

Kamille
October 23rd, 2016, 03:09 AM
I try to wash my hair every 3rd or 4th day, but if I have an event, I want to have freshly washed hair, and might wash my hair even though I just washed it the day before.

lapushka
October 23rd, 2016, 03:47 AM
How do you feel track of your hair routine?
I.e. when you wash, when you clarify, when you trim, length, etc

Phone apps? Calendar? Journal?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to keep track!

I started a blog here. ;) You'd have to check when you can start one. It's awesome for keeping track of the products you use with washes, and of when you wash. I post every Sunday, as that is my wash day. It's a nice "notebook" for me!

Miss P
October 23rd, 2016, 08:16 PM
My university gives out a poster calendar every year so I grab an extra copy and use highlighters to colour code my hair care/experiments (e.g. green=avocado oil, yellow=deep condition, etc.)

Entangled
October 23rd, 2016, 08:35 PM
When I feel like it. I'm not very good at routines!

Anje
October 23rd, 2016, 09:26 PM
I don't keep track. I wash when the hair near my scalp is looking stringy (2-4 days, tends to vary). "Clarify" (pretty much just shampooing down to the ends in my case, because I don't have issues with buildup and don't use much for products) every few weeks on a whim. Henna every 3-4 months when my roots are looking decidedly too brown and I've got a free evening. Trim rarely.