PDA

View Full Version : Looking for henna in India

Fimu
October 16th, 2016, 03:59 AM
Soon I am going to India, and there I would like to buy there henna again. I bought Nupur 9 before, which gave me a copper shade to my dark brown hair.
But I want to opt for a more ruby red shade this time. I have learnt dthat Rajasthani and Yemeni are the best options for that shade, but which brands are the best to buy in a local Indian store? By googling, I found the brand Ayur Rajasthani, but I have read somewhere in this forum that it is mixed with other herbs, giving not the desired red shade.

Do you have experiences with the Ayur brand? What other henna brands do you recommend me to check in India?

reilly0167
October 17th, 2016, 11:54 AM
When I first started henna, I used the ayur brand, its good henna. I had dark brown hair at the time. I since then pre lightened it a bit and used other Henna's like jamilla and it gave me a nice coppery color. And of course, my taste changed and decided to go a little toned down, so back to ayur again, and now I have a very nice auburny reddish brown and do roots only application, results differ in starting color of ones hair, I would test strand first and see what you get. Overall, its good henna.
ETA:the first ima I hennaed with the ayur, being newbie I left it on overnight, it came out dark with a red flare in the sun. Now on roots only I only do 3 hours and 1 and a half hours on glosses just to freshen it a bit.
Hope this helps.

Anje
October 18th, 2016, 07:09 AM
I've had good luck with Mumtaz and Afshan... There's another that's really good; it mostly just said "dulhan" on the dark green box. (http://www.myhenna.us/dulhan-henna-powder-100gms/) (Mumtaz seems to be dyed green, but it worked well anyway.)

Look for henna powder intended for doing designs on skin, and not the black stuff. Those usually have a good deep stain.

Fimu
December 29th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Thank you for the replies!

But eventually, I could buy there the Rajasthani brand :).