PDA

View Full Version : Hat day at work?

Supercurlyhair
October 16th, 2016, 12:07 AM
So, has anyone ever declined wearing a hat to work because you didn't want to cover your hair? I'm not ashamed to admit that I "forgot" my hat earlier this week!

x3leesa
October 16th, 2016, 02:22 AM
:laugh: I had just the opposite happen this week. My roots were looking a little greasy and it happened to be hat day but I didn't bring it!! :doh:

GrowingOut
October 16th, 2016, 05:59 AM
I don't mind kooky days at work like hat day,(And I do wear hats sometimes) but I never like other people putting their hats on my head. (I've had lice twice and would prefer to never go through that again!!!!)

Arctic
October 16th, 2016, 06:08 AM
What is a hat day?

Sapeli
October 16th, 2016, 06:12 AM
I was wondering the same. Something similar than a Red nose day? Or is it some kind of team spiriting on a company level?

Lize
October 16th, 2016, 06:22 AM
What is a hat day?

Also wondering the same thing. :D

Irialii
October 16th, 2016, 06:40 AM
What is a hat day?

I think it is either 1) a themed day like crazy hat day where everyone wears some silly headwear or 2) days you have to wear a hat as part of a uniform or for PPE (personal protective equipment).

For 1) fascinators are awesome, this is what I normally go with for the Melbourne Cup and other race days that are during work and I have to wear a hat. For 2) you can sew/attach a satin lining into your hat to reduce friction and protect your hair, which is what I did to the wide brimmed hat I have to wear at work everyday.

If I'm wrong, let me know

Flipgirl24
October 16th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Hat day would be fun! It's a way to garner company spirit and to show yourself as a team player.

Saldana
October 16th, 2016, 07:54 AM
I'm kind of the opposite - I'd really like to cover my hair (scarf, turban, whatever)....but it is not the norm at my workplace, and would draw unwanted attention and inquiry. I'm not religious in any way, so I couldn't (and wouldn't) use that as an explanation. And we don't ever have 'hat days'. :)

Cg
October 16th, 2016, 10:02 AM
I've never heard of a hat day and certainly wouldn't institute it at my company. But if someone needs to wear a hat for any reason, as long as it looks professional and appropriate, no one would say anything. Turbans plain or with an understated pin would be fine, for example.

Groovy Granny
October 16th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Personally I don't like hats..... or costumes; I am alway a blank coming up with ideas :p

I only wear a hat in extreme cold to snowshoe or walk, and prefer a hood I can slip on/off easily.
Though last year I crocheted myself a couple of hats that I like :)

But hats for work...no :tmi:

Todd
October 16th, 2016, 07:24 PM
For some reason we're not allowed to wear hats at work. Its one of the few items mentioned in the dress code, along with prohibition of sleeveless shirts or pants with lots of holes in them. Luckily long hair is not prohibited!

Supercurlyhair
October 16th, 2016, 09:28 PM
I think it is either 1) a themed day like crazy hat day where everyone wears some silly headwear or 2) days you have to wear a hat as part of a uniform or for PPE (personal protective equipment).

Oops! I should have explained. You answered it correctly. It was a themed day just for fun.

Coral Grimes
October 17th, 2016, 10:53 AM
I thought this said Hard day at work? and was like yes, how did you know!

Never heard of it before but I would happily join in if I had the chance. I have many hats. 🎩

Irialii
October 18th, 2016, 12:21 AM
Oops! I should have explained. You answered it correctly. It was a themed day just for fun.

You can buy/make some really cool fascinators to wear to wear for these days, they basically just clip/pin onto your hair or are attached to headbands. Keep that in mind next time so you can join in on the festivities :D