PDA

View Full Version : Stopped growing completely since july...

Wusel
October 15th, 2016, 06:31 AM
So that everybody can see the length of my hair now (I have no picture, I'm sorry, I insert the video here again, you can see it down, and compare with my signature pic below from the BEGINNING OF JULY).
It stopped growing and looks even SHORTER now... :(

https://youtu.be/UhPdQ_f04rQ
Can anybody tell me what happened? I have no split ends, no breakage and it's like it's actually getting SHORTER! I think you can clearly see when you compare she signature picture with the length from 9th October, where I made the video.
I have a bit more than an inch less than in the beginning of july and I didn't trim, NOTHING!
Can you tell me what happens there?
It's because of the stress that it stopped growing, I'm sure. I'm through a horrible break up with my BF and I have moved to this apartement, renovated everything by myself... Like I wrote in the other post... And now I'm happy since the beginning of October and it still DOESN'T GROW! Nothing.
How long does it take until it continues growing after a long, hard life period...? Does anybody know this?
I'm quite concerned about this and nothing helps. No Pura D'Or, no Hairfinity... Nothing. :(
Any ideas how to help my hair?

Kajzh
October 15th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Question for smarter people: is it possible for someone's terminal to be this short? For instance, my mother's hair will NOT grow beyond this length as well, and it's been years.

Decoy24601
October 15th, 2016, 06:39 AM
Question for smarter people: is it possible for someone's terminal to be this short? For instance, my mother's hair will NOT beyond this length as well, and it's been years.

Yes, but it's very rare from what I've heard on here.

Wusel I'm sorry you're having growth problems, but I'd wait a couple years to call this your terminal just to be sure :). You might find that you're just in a really bad growth stall. Have you had any changes in your health? Dietary changes, stress, etc?

Wusel
October 15th, 2016, 06:39 AM
Question for smarter people: is it possible for someone's terminal to be this short? For instance, my mother's hair will NOT beyond this length as well, and it's been years.
OH NO...!!! I hope not! shudder::pray::cry:

Wusel
October 15th, 2016, 06:40 AM
Yes, but it's very rare from what I've heard on here.

Wusel I'm sorry you're having growth problems, but I'd wait a couple years to call this your terminal just to be sure :). You might find that you're just in a really bad growth stall. Have you had any changes in your health? Dietary changes, stress, etc?
Yes... I've lost weight because I couldn't eat because of... big sadness...

Decoy24601
October 15th, 2016, 06:46 AM

My hunch is that your growth stall is due to poor nutrition and emotional stress. I've had big sheds and growth stalls from that before. Maybe try taking a multivitamin every day and eating as healthy as possible if you can :) and try to get plenty of protein.

P.S. I hope you're feeling better about whatever caused your sadness :flower:.

lapushka
October 15th, 2016, 07:15 AM
It's normal if your diet is lacking to suffer in the hair department. :( Just the way it is. I went through it one time when I was 17. You need to eat *properly*. I don't think it's terminal at all. Are you really sure it's not breakage? You seem to be convinced it's not, so I'll go by that.

Hopefully things will go better from now on. :flower:

Andthetalltrees
October 15th, 2016, 07:23 AM
I've had growth stalls for a few months for no reason. It happens sometimes and I wouldn't worry about it unless it goes on for a significant length of time.

TatsuOni
October 15th, 2016, 07:31 AM
If it's actually gotten shorter it might be because you've been shedding the longest (probably the oldest hairs) at the same time as the newer (shortest hairs) haven't been growing...

pailin
October 15th, 2016, 08:08 AM
I agree with Tatsuoni - and I think I remember Spidermom once describing something similar happening to her in the past, where her hair got shorter.
I think the stress is probably your real problem, and if the worst of it is past, then your hair probably just needs a little more time to recover. Eat well, drink plenty of water and get as much rest as you can.
I'm sorry you've been through all this lately, Wusel.

TatsuOni
October 15th, 2016, 08:11 AM
One more thing about the food. If you've been eating badly for a while. It takes time before the body recovers and start groving hair again. First the nutrition goes to the organs, skeleton and such. After the body is in balance again, everything will be back to normal.

Also, stress "takes" more nutrition from the body. For example does the body "use" more magnesium when you're stressed and I'm sure it's the same with other minerals.

Frankenstein
October 15th, 2016, 08:25 AM

I went through this also for a few years and my hair barely grew during that time. It's very frustrating. I hope you're feeling better, please take care of yourself :flowers:

Silverbrumby
October 15th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Yes, im a short terminal. By short it appears waist is it for me. Im currently doing the no trim challenge. Ive scrapped into about 100 hairs at waist. Ive been on LHC boards for 5+ years. It's not damage or anything else.

Signs of short terminal; taper, sever taper that doesn't thicken up with trims, gentle handling, or years of trying to go longer.

Question for smarter people: is it possible for someone's terminal to be this short? For instance, my mother's hair will NOT grow beyond this length as well, and it's been years.

spidermom
October 15th, 2016, 09:09 AM
It is possible for terminal to be even shorter on some people. I once had a roommate whose hair didn't grow beyond somewhere between APL and BSL. I knew her for years and it never got longer. It was in pretty good condition, and she didn't get haircuts. She did wear it down or in 2 braids exclusively.

And yes, I did experience a time when my hair actually got shorter. All I can figure is that all the longest hairs shed out at around waist length. My hair had been cut many times, and it was a false terminal. I went on to grow as long as upper thigh length.

lora410
October 15th, 2016, 09:29 AM
My hair pretty much stalled all summer and bam grew an inch last month. I can tell by the growth of my 1 and only gray hair that was hennaed.. lol

Angelica
October 15th, 2016, 09:30 AM
I actually don't think it is that rare for someone to have a relatively short terminal length. Not everyone can grow very long hair, regardless of how well they treat it. If your genes don't allow you to grow very long hair, you never will. However I think your hair is beautiful and thick and obviously healthy. I don't think it is at its terminal yet because it looks so thick at the ends. Also I love the song :)

Wusel
October 15th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Yes, im a short terminal. By short it appears waist is it for me. Im currently doing the no trim challenge. Ive scrapped into about 100 hairs at waist. Ive been on LHC boards for 5+ years. It's not damage or anything else.

Signs of short terminal; taper, sever taper that doesn't thicken up with trims, gentle handling, or years of trying to go longer.

Thank you. I think I have a relatively thick hemline... I can see somehow it in the video and it looks like no significant taper when it moves looks like a blunt hemline...

Wusel
October 15th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Thank you. :) I'm happy now and my only worry is the hair.

Wusel
October 15th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Thank you :) I eat up to 100 g of protein per day and try to eat as healthy and nutritious as possible.

My hunch is that your growth stall is due to poor nutrition and emotional stress. I've had big sheds and growth stalls from that before. Maybe try taking a multivitamin every day and eating as healthy as possible if you can :) and try to get plenty of protein.

P.S. I hope you're feeling better about whatever caused your sadness :flower:.

Wusel
October 15th, 2016, 09:55 AM
It's normal if your diet is lacking to suffer in the hair department. :( Just the way it is. I went through it one time when I was 17. You need to eat *properly*. I don't think it's terminal at all. Are you really sure it's not breakage? You seem to be convinced it's not, so I'll go by that.

Hopefully things will go better from now on. :flower:

Thank you :)
No, I'm quite sure it's no breakage. I think it's possible that I've shed the longer hairs...

Wusel
October 15th, 2016, 09:59 AM
If it's actually gotten shorter it might be because you've been shedding the longest (probably the oldest hairs) at the same time as the newer (shortest hairs) haven't been growing...

Thank you... Yes... I've actually noticed when counting that the shed hairs have gotten longer so 20 shed hairs look much more than ist was before... It might well be that suddenly only the longest hairs started shedding... What a pity...

embee
October 15th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Yes, usually the longest hairs are the oldest, so it figures they might shed out first. Just hang in there, enjoy what you have. Your hair is long compared to most people, and your hemline is lovely. Your expectation of "long hair" has been skewed by LHC! *We* all think it means hair like gossamer has. ;)

Wusel
October 15th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Your expectation of "long hair" has been skewed by LHC! *We* all think it means hair like gossamer has. ;)
That's true... :)

Wusel
October 16th, 2016, 02:20 AM
I've bought me some drugstore hair vitamins yesterday... Hope it helps a bit... Don't have money for Hairfinity.

lapushka
October 16th, 2016, 05:09 AM
I've bought me some drugstore hair vitamins yesterday... Hope it helps a bit... Don't have money for Hairfinity.

Hairfinity is a lot of smoke & mirrors. It doesn't differ from a "regular" store-bought hair vitamin in the least. Or, maybe they have double or triple the amount of certain ingredients (which does more harm than good). Your drugstore hair vitamins are fine!

I stick to a regular multivitamin (100% of daily rec. dosage of vitamins & minerals such as zink, iron (70%)). I like it. I (well, my mom) found mine in Aldi, and they're effervescent tablets. They were 59cts if I recall correctly for a tube of 20 tablets. They're just fine. My blood is always fine in that regard, and I can tell they're good because my medication "eats" certain vitamins, so I need to "top op". They were a one-off deal though, so you need to check your Aldi online or their brochures regularly. I always let my mom get enough for a year (I need them).

Mimha
October 16th, 2016, 05:27 AM
Hairfinity is a lot of smoke & mirrors. It doesn't differ from a "regular" store-bought hair vitamin in the least. Or, maybe they have double or triple the amount of certain ingredients (which does more harm than good). Your drugstore hair vitamins are fine!

Definitely agree !... I personally order my food complements (I have to take quite a lot due to poor intestinal absorption) on line from an American e-shop that sells complements without any artificial color, flavor or sweetener. They also have vegan and organic stuff. This is unfortunately still very difficult to find in European drugstores, at least in my country.

Concerning your hair, I think you just need to be patient. Stress and lack of sleep can really badly impact hair growth. All the more if we stop eating properly because we are anxious or too tired. But you seem to be an energetic enthusiast lady if I judge from your video and happy music (I LOVE your playful little song !! :) :)), and soon your hair will grow again as beautiful as it has always been, I'm sure ! Your thickness and hemline don't show any sign of being even remotely close to anything like terminal length.

Wusel
October 16th, 2016, 05:49 AM
Definitely agree !... I personally order my food complements (I have to take quite a lot due to poor intestinal absorption) on line from an American e-shop that sells complements without any artificial color, flavor or sweetener. They also have vegan and organic stuff. This is unfortunately still very difficult to find in European drugstores, at least in my country.

Concerning your hair, I think you just need to be patient. Stress and lack of sleep can really badly impact hair growth. All the more if we stop eating properly because we are anxious or too tired. But you seem to be an energetic enthusiast lady if I judge from your video and happy music (I LOVE your playful little song !! :) :)), and soon your hair will grow again as beautiful as it has always been, I'm sure ! Your thickness and hemline don't show any sign of being even remotely close to anything like terminal length.

MIMHA!!! HI!!! :) Thank you very much!!!

So nice to meet you again!!! I missed you all SO MUCH!!!

Mimha
October 16th, 2016, 07:02 AM
MIMHA!!! HI!!! :) Thank you very much!!!

So nice to meet you again!!! I missed you all SO MUCH!!!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

animetor7
October 16th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Looking at your hemline, I doubt you're at terminal length. You don't seem to have the taper of fairtyale ends associated with terminal length. Your ends still look thick and blunt. You're probably just experiencing a stall. :) That happens sometimes. As for whether you're close, I think that it's rare for hair to be terminal length so short, it happens, but it's rare. It's a lot more common for people to reach a false terminal due to poor treatment, and depending on the hair type, this could be very minor. For example, fine hair is very, very delicate. And someone could potentially reach a false terminal just by doing the same style in the same way everyday which causes breakage, or doing a style that doesn't protect the ends well enough. Or even something like using a BBB improperly or too often with very fine hair can cause breakage. They could in many respects be treating their hair very well, but still be causing breakage from practices that their hair couldn't handle even though others can use these practices and not cause any damage. So another thing to try is to really take a hard look at your hair practices. It used to be said a lot on this forum to treat your hair like old lace. It's not enough to just not be harsh with it, you have to be very careful and delicate with it. Otherwise you may be causing damage and breakage without realizing it.

Good luck on your long hair journey!!! :) :flower:

Deborah
October 16th, 2016, 10:44 AM
It's probably not terminal, just a stall from your high stress level. I bet it starts up again and takes off soon.

Happy growing!