PDA

View Full Version : braid tassels protection

reilly0167
October 14th, 2016, 03:00 AM
Hello everyone, hope everything well and bright blessings. I braid my hair from time to time, is oiling the ends enough to protect the ends? I tried tucking them but not quite fond of the folded up look. Any suggestions? I figured oiling or " buttering" them, say like with Shea will do.

CarrotTop
October 14th, 2016, 03:16 AM
Shea butter sounds like a really good idea! (I should try that with an old tub of it that I never use... :hmm: ) When I do wear my hair in braids, I always use some sort of oil or serum on the tassel. Also, I try to braid my hair as far down as possible, so I there isn't so much loose hair in the tassel to get roughed up or tangled. (I would also vary the tassel length if I were wearing braids a lot, to avoid damage, but I don't think it'll be much of an issue if I'm only wearing my hair braided once every two weeks or so.)

lapushka
October 14th, 2016, 03:27 AM
I never protected my ends. I did leave the tassel longer as that would help (flowy vs pokey). I never saw the need to protect them, actually. I wouldn't panic over it either. Maybe if you are really concerned, a few drops of a nice coney serum might help wonders.

Irialii
October 14th, 2016, 03:30 AM
I braid a satin ribbon into my hair and use it to wrap the ends and keep the braid secure. This adds a pop of colour that can match what you're wearing and helps protect fragile ends as any sort of hair elastic equals split ends for me.

Nique1202
October 14th, 2016, 05:11 AM
I use the small elastics that come in packs of 300+ to minimize elastic damage, and if I think my tassel is going to take a real beating and it feels dry I'll put a tiny smidge of my 'cone-and-oil serum on it, low enough that it won't break down the latex. Oil might have some protective effect but I live by "use 'cones as needed" for maximum protection without sacrificing the styles I like.

reilly0167
October 14th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Great suggestions, just happen to have some Shea and some serum. Awesome thanks!