PDA

View Full Version : Night/ Day Time Tips

crazy me
October 20th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I am trying really hard to get my hair grown out to hip length by the end of 2009 and I have been wondering what I can do at night to keep from damaging my hair and if there's anything I can do for it to help encourage it to grow more?

I have been wondering about putting it in a braid, showering before bed, somehow managing to get it all under a silk scarf, etc...

Also, is there any particular way (s) you all would recommend keeping my hair during the day? I am preparing to be a stay at home mom soon and love to have my hair down or in a very loose low ponytail held by a cloth scrunchy. I also like to put it under a scarf and have ordered some silk scarves for that purpose. I just want to make sure I'm not damaging my hair any more.

Thank you guys for all your help!!!

spidermom
October 20th, 2008, 04:07 PM
My hair is hip, almost tailbone, length. During the day I generally have it in an untwisted bun. At night I put it into a top-of-head ponytail, gently twist a few turns to get it all flowing together, then wind the length around the base of the ponytail and tuck the ends under the scrunchie. This makes my hair nice and smooth and softly wavy the next day.

crazy me
October 20th, 2008, 04:20 PM
How long has it taken you to grow your hair that long? How do you know when your hair is waist length? hip length? tailbone length?

Islandgrrl
October 20th, 2008, 05:16 PM
During the day my hair is up. In a bun, in a braid, in a braided bun. Whatever. Just up.

At night, I make a loose bun, no hairtoys of any kind, and stuff it all under a buff. In the morning I take it down and have nice waves to look at for 10 minutes. Then I put it up again. :)

snowbear
October 20th, 2008, 06:34 PM
How long has it taken you to grow your hair that long? How do you know when your hair is waist length? hip length? tailbone length?
This link (http://www.ida.net/users/northstr/hairlength.html) may prove helpful.

MandaMom2Three
October 20th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I normally have my shower in the evening, then I braid my hair before bed. Then in the morning I take out the braids and finger comb, beautiful waves! :)

crazy me
October 23rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
Thank you Snowbear. I loved the link, the pictures are very helpful in understanding the terms better. I learn better when I can see things. I also never knew you have to have the genes for long hair to allow it to grow past classic length. It will definitely be interesting to see if I have the genes required. I don't think anyone in our family has ever had the patience to really grow out their hair to such lengths.

Thank you all for your fabulous inputs!!!

Laila23
November 3rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
I just wanted to say thank you for pasting that link. It was very informative!