PDA

View Full Version : Medium-coarse and fine hairs at the same time?

ravenreed
October 20th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Does anyone else have some hairs that are baby fine packed in with some that are medium, and some that are medium coarse? :poot:

embee
October 20th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I think I am beginning to. I'm starting to have a few greys and they're very different from my normal fine hair... some have some curl (not much, but more than I'm used to) and they're coarser. So far they are few and far between, but they *are* there. :) I'm ignoring them. Except that I do see them when they shed. And that's how I know they really are coarser.

HeatherMae
October 20th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I do. I have such a variety of different kinds of hair that it is crazy. Some are very thin and fine and light colored and some are very thick and coarse and very dark, even black. I have no idea why its like this, but you can know that you aren't alone. :)

nappywomyn
October 20th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Yup. My hair is mostly fine, but I have quite a few medium and medium coarse ones scattered in there too...

Anje
October 20th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Definitely. I have some seriously course hairs, even though the bulk of my hair is quite fine. I even notice that the proportion of fine hairs lessens down the length, so my thin ends have a fairly high percentage of medium hairs. Variation is quite normal.

noelgirl
October 21st, 2008, 06:30 AM
I do - most of my hair is fine, except for a few coarse strands, mostly at the crown. Since joining LHC, though, I've noticed fewer of those, so I wonder if those strands were actually just dry :/

GlassEyes
October 21st, 2008, 06:32 AM
XD I definately do.

The coarser hairs are from dye damage, though. I'm naturally a mix of fine/medium.

Edit: Which raises the question of why my hairtypin chart says F instead of F/M. D: I'll be changing that now.

JessTheMess
October 21st, 2008, 06:50 AM
I do!! I do!! I used to think that it was damage from chemical dyes, until a few days ago. I pulled one out from the root and it was extra thick and coarse and dark black from root to tip. I have a wide array of hairs on my head lol. They range from absolute thinnest and very delicate/see thru , to very coarse and dark. :rolleyes: I wonder if it is from genetic background. My great granfather was 100% Cherokee and he had thick black coarse hair. Maybe I got a few of his strands :)

spidermom
October 21st, 2008, 08:31 AM
Yes. I've got all textures. All colors, too.

DarkChocolate
October 21st, 2008, 10:03 AM
I have a mix of them too:)
I have fine hairs and thick coarse black hairs:)
The fine hairs might come from Swedish background and the thick hairs might come from my Italian background:)

Finoriel
October 21st, 2008, 10:50 AM
I do. Most of my hair is medium coarse, but there are some fine and really coarse hairs blended in as well. They even have different colour shades :shrug: , but all of them are stick-straight.
Itīs not that uncommon, most people have a mixture of hairs with different diameters, but just a few are hair-crazy enough to notice :wink:
Guess we humans just are strange critters :lol:

Ohio Sky
October 21st, 2008, 10:55 AM
My hair tends to be a lot finer on top and courser underneath. Even amongst the fine hairs, though, there are some that feel more... wiry? I'm not sure how to describe it. I've got a plethora of hair personalities. :D

Tressie
October 21st, 2008, 11:05 AM
Yep! Me too! Mostly fine to medium, but some are almost not there, except when they tangle around my necklaces and pull.........then I know for sure I have them.......Ouch! (o:

Akiko
October 21st, 2008, 11:08 AM
I do. I have quite coarse hair which is so visible, also baby fine hair which is hard to see even with white background.

HotRag
October 21st, 2008, 11:08 AM
I have both coarse hairs and fine.
I thought everybody had that, but hair dresser said that I have it more that way than is usual.

Some hairs are wavy too (usually the coarser ones), causing frizz easily when all the hair wont stay together.

HotRag
October 21st, 2008, 11:10 AM
My hair tends to be a lot finer on top and courser underneath. Even amongst the fine hairs, though, there are some that feel more... wiry? I'm not sure how to describe it. I've got a plethora of hair personalities. :D
Mine is the exact opposit. More coarse on top.
I also have wiry ones, but most often amongst the coarse hairs.

Barca
October 21st, 2008, 11:21 AM
Oh yeah....all three. Plus I have 3b hair in the back, 4a hair on the left and right sides of my hair line, 3 c hair in the very middle, and 2a/b hair at the crown of my head

Gypsy
October 21st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Does anyone else have some hairs that are baby fine packed in with some that are medium, and some that are medium coarse? :poot:

Totally.
I have super fine baby hairs mixed in with medium hairs mixed with wirey coarse hair; and ranging from straight to waves to kinks.
Schizo hair.:rolleyes:

<She>
October 21st, 2008, 12:23 PM
Yes, I have the mixed types of hair too. The oldest hairs on my length are medium, silky and sleek (grown form the back of my head), then around the front sides around my face I have fine thin hairs, and the new babyhairs are crazy wirey coarse, and they stick like antennas away from my head!

ravenreed
October 21st, 2008, 04:23 PM
Glad to know I am not alone! I think it explains why my hair is so very hard to style, though. Every hair has different ideas from its neighbor. :rolleyes:

ladyshannonanne
October 21st, 2008, 04:25 PM
Yup. My hair is quite fine and almost straight in the front and it progresses to coarse mixed with fine and wavy with random corkscrew curls in the back.

tiny_teesha
October 21st, 2008, 05:38 PM
My canopy is medium coarse and thickish and the hairs themselves are un-uniform, they are wriggly and have a tangly, rough, eww, not-soft nature. Everywhere else on my head is smooth soft medium fine hair but thin. It drives me insane. I think i would prefer medium fine on the canopy, because it doesn't feel nice on the top, who could care less how it was underneath!?
But i'm alright with it :) It never was like this it was all M/F and ii/iii. Hair changed like people and life!

Nia
March 8th, 2010, 04:44 AM
phew, it's not just me then! I have have fine, medium and course wirey hairs... which is sometimes hard to deal with.

Angela_Rose
March 8th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Oh, definitely. There's a great mix of textures on my head. Mostly medium-coarse, but there are some super-thicks and some more-fine hairs in there, too.

Hana
March 8th, 2010, 05:20 AM
*raises hand*

me too.

Finer, curlier canopy. Thicker, straighter underneath.
Finally getting a hang of how to deal with both at the same time!
( note to self - straighteners are not the answer straighteners are not the answer straighteners are not the answer straighteners are not the answer straighteners are not the answer straighteners are not the answer)

Pixna
March 8th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Most definitely! I have very fine hair at the scalp line, and my grays are very thin and fragile. But I also have coarse hair throughout, intermingled with medium strands. I have some hairs that are very wiry and curly, and a few that are fairly straight. My head is a mass of contradictions!!

squee
March 8th, 2010, 03:50 PM
:agree:
I do, I have a mix of super fine to thickish strands.

Katurday
March 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM
My hair goes from F in the front bangs and temples, to M at the middle, straight on down to C right behind my ears and at the back of my head, down to M and F near my neck.