PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from a newbie.

long and strong
October 9th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Help me deal with my "new hair". After loosing alot of hair after having my baby a year ago... I have a lot of new hair growing through. It's like a halo of fluffy, inch long hair around my entire hairline.... gggrrrr!!

I need to look smart and professional for work (with hair tied back securly) and this is hard when I look like a mental case with hair sticking out and curling in every direction possible!!

Previous to finding this website I'd have flat ironed it into a respectable position, but I've now been heat free for 4 weeks and don't want to back slide!!

I have quite a large rounded face so "slicking" it back would make me look like a giant moon head (or one of the Mitchell brothers... to other brits out there!!)!!! I normally like a few tendrils hanging down but this new hair line is making that impossible.

Can anybody help me??
I'm new to this forum and pretty new to looking after my long-ish hair properly.
Any suggestions are most welcome.

lapushka
October 9th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Try looking at this thread some, for ideas and commiseration:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131555

long and strong
October 9th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Oh wow, thankyou. Going over to have a read :-)

akuamoonmaui
October 10th, 2016, 05:01 PM
First of all, congratulations on your new baby!!

Could you try a head band?

Slicking it back is rarely attractive.... But maybe some light product to help keep it in control?

Rowdy
October 10th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Could you try accent/headband/lace braids? They work pretty good to tame my shorter temple hair when I tie my hair back.