PDA

View Full Version : Storing all the things in the shower

Katia_k
October 8th, 2016, 09:57 PM
At any given moment, I feel like I have like a zillion bottles in the shower. I'm in a rental, so I don't have a lot of built-in in-shower options. I also hate leaving everything I need on a semi-regular basis out of the shower, because I will inevitably forget to grab it beforehand, and then have to make the dreaded soaking-wet lunge across the bathroom with dripping everything to retrieve whatever it was I forgot.

So just wondering, if there's anyone who like me prefers to leave a decent amount of the stuff in the shower, how do you keep it all stored and avoid a pile-up on your shower floor? My roommate is also a hair weirdo, but I'm sure she doesn't appreciate the crazy amount of bottles all over. We also have a claw-foot tub, so suctioning wracks to the wall doesn't work so great. So I was just wondering if anyone had any nifty storage hacks they'd tried? The internet suggested trying a plastic shoe organizer, so I'm thinking about that maybe? But would love to hear other people's strategies...

Entangled
October 9th, 2016, 09:18 AM
You could get a shower caddy. That's what I do since I'm in a dorm, and it works for me.

missrandie
October 9th, 2016, 09:33 AM
I have a 2 shelf wall caddy suctioned to the wall right now. It came with sticky strips, but I'm saving those for our next place.

Hairkay
October 9th, 2016, 11:20 AM
There's also tension rod corner shelves if those fit. I've seen a friend's bathroom with this. You assemble it and place it wedged between the ceiling and side of bathtub/shower cubicle. It does not require fittings and can easily be removed without causing any damage to the bathtub/shower. Here's one.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8334905.htm
My own solution in my bathroom is to put up a long shelf along the longest wall. The shelf takes up the entire length of the bathroom. I don't have much in the way of hair stuff anyway. Just some oil and vinegar. I've got tubs of cream for my skin, handwashing and a stack of face cloths taking up the rest of the space.

Katia_k
October 9th, 2016, 04:27 PM
I'll look at these. The big problem with the claw-foot tub is that we have to have a curtain around the whole thing, so there's no exposed wall inside the shower. The corner cabinet thing might work.

CindyOfTheOaks
October 9th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Hello Katia_k
Is your shower a long vertical pole or does it still come out from the wall ?
If it's the long pole there are some cute metal baskets that will clamp to that.

jfg1987
October 9th, 2016, 06:06 PM
I'll look at these. The big problem with the claw-foot tub is that we have to have a curtain around the whole thing, so there's no exposed wall inside the shower. The corner cabinet thing might work.

I have a caddy that hangs on the shower head and it has 3 levels, similar to this one. (https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/spa-creations-trade-three-tier-matte-bronze-shower-caddy/1040904436?categoryId=13447)

Stormynights
October 9th, 2016, 09:23 PM
I have the shower head caddy but it is not enough space for my stuff. I just put the rest on the floor. I have one corner for shampoo and one for conditioner. That way I don't have to try to read the labels without glasses. If you use different brands or you don't wear glasses you could just put it where ever. A lot of my stuff I can just put on out of the shower. Most of my stuff is under the bathroom sink. My husband doesn't like a lot of my stuff in his way. I sometimes try to be thoughtful.

Katia_k
October 10th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Found a "6 pocket mesh shower organizer" on amazon that we're going to try; it looks waterproof and like it might not be ripped off the shower rod by the weight of all my hair crap. lol