PDA

View Full Version : my favorite homemade treatment

hair jim
October 20th, 2008, 03:13 PM
i use between 4-6 egg yokes(depending on size of eggs, and length of hair), 2-3 glugs oilive oil.(glug is the sound the bottle makes when you pour the oil), and 1-2 glugs honey.
mix well with electric mixer.
apply to damp hair, cover in plastic for 10-15 min. then shampoo out.
some people's hair doesnt like eggs. mine loves it.
~jim

ChloeDharma
October 20th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Sounds lovely! One thing though, how do you stop your hair smelling all "eggy" afterwards? I've only used egg twice, first time my hair was virgin and shined like glass, the second time my hair was fried to a crisp and nothing made it nice so i can't give a fair.....thingy, about it's effectiveness. But both times my hair stank for ages, even when i added a shedload of essential oils to the egg.
Slightly off topic....what do you do with all that egg white? My only thought at the moment is meringue.

Carina
October 20th, 2008, 09:31 PM
This is something I just have to try.I will do it later this week.I will let you know if my hair liked it or not.

Elizabeth
October 20th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Sounds lovely! One thing though, how do you stop your hair smelling all "eggy" afterwards? I've only used egg twice, first time my hair was virgin and shined like glass, the second time my hair was fried to a crisp and nothing made it nice so i can't give a fair.....thingy, about it's effectiveness. But both times my hair stank for ages, even when i added a shedload of essential oils to the egg.
Slightly off topic....what do you do with all that egg white? My only thought at the moment is meringue.

I laughed when I read this because I can’t stand the smell of egg in my hair either. When I was little, our neighbor’s daughters (who all had beautiful long hair) used to use mayo treatments on their hair and so my mother tried it on mine. It made me nauseous due to the remaining egg smell. I tried eggs once since finding LHC, but I had the same reaction.

It sounds like maybe your hair doesn’t like protein. The jury is still out for me on this issue. I had a conditioner with protein, which my hair loved, but eggs…not so much (aside from the smell issue). I wonder if different protein has different effects on hair?

Sarahmoon
October 21st, 2008, 04:09 AM

Strange, for me it works when I add essential oil. Especially when the hair dried, I smell the essential oil, not the egg. I usually use pine.
Maybe it also helps if you finish with your regular conditioner after flushing out the egg mix?

hair jim
October 21st, 2008, 04:50 AM
the olive oil, and honey kind of offset the eggy smell.
good luck
jim