PDA

View Full Version : Hair Dreams

Oskimosa
October 20th, 2008, 01:38 PM
For the past week, I have dreamed almost every night of having my goal length hair. It's not usually the SUBJECT of the dream, but usually at some point I am oogling my hair and how long it is. Sometimes it even changes length in the dream--it will be almost BSL in the beginning and I will look again and it is clearly down to my elbows. On top of that, it is really dark; as if my hair where medium or dark brown with henna on top. Am I just spending too much time here? Obsessing over my hair too much?

I know I'm not the only one. Anyone else having these or had them in the past?

MadHatter
October 20th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I have hair dreams here and there. They don't necessarily correlate with paying too much attention to my hair, though. And usually, in the dream my hair has been chopped. I don't remember if I've ever had a dream where my hair is longer than it is IRL.

crazy me
October 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I have not had the problem of the different lengths of hair in my dreams, though I do frequently notice a very long and healthy length. I do, however, day dream a lot of my hair being my goal length.

I can't stop remembering my aunt and uncle's neighbor when I was a kid. She always had to wear her hair in a braid because it was so long. The lady had the most beautiful hair as it was many shades of natural gray and silver with hints of black still. She told us once she always had to have her husband help her to wash it as she just couldn't do so herself. Her hair, in a braid, reached the floor and even dragged a little bit. That is my goal, to have hair like that. I wouldn't mind holding off on the gray until my daughter starts giving me those gray hairs.

No, you're not the only one who dreams of having their hair longer. Welcome to the club!!!

Elphie
October 20th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I have dreams of not being able to do a dutch braid. I finally got the hang of it the other day and in my dream, I still can't do it!

NeilTheFuzz
October 20th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I don't think it's obsessing over your hair, it's just that it's quite a fore front thought in your mind. I would bet a lot of people on this forum have similar dreams :) For some reason, I more regularly have dreams with my hair being shorter than it is now :confused:

MandaMom2Three
October 20th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Now that you mention it, yes, I DO dream about my hair at times LOL. Usually it's been cut off though :(.

Oskimosa
October 20th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Wow, I don't think I've ever dreamed I had short hair. I think I recall reading someplace that cut hair in dreams can mean something... like humiliation or loss of trust or something?? Or maybe that's teeth falling out. I don't remember.

But I'm glad I'm not alone! I wake up so sad when I see my real hair not even at APL.

Magicknthenight
October 20th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I have had A LOT of hair dreams. Then again i dream a lot. A lot of them where my hair was longer. My last hair dream my hair was probably..knee length but only about as thick as my finger but it was in this really neat style. I tried to remake it when i woke up but it didn't work. I once had a dream my hair got cut short and i was really sad about it but mostly they are about having longer hair.
I have had a bunch of dreams about TLHC though :)

Juneii
October 20th, 2008, 11:27 PM
are you kidding me? I have dreams of my hair almost every night
I remember my last one, just of me standing in front of the mirror with classic length hair, and then a guy - presumably my boyfriend in the dream - came up behind me to play with my hair :3
ahahaha, I am vain.

Katahdin
October 20th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Hmm... well, I've had a dream where I only meant to do a dusting using Feye's method, and accidentally took off about 8 inches...

Just a few nights ago, I had this really odd dream that I was in this house with two or three Native American elders. They had gray hair with white streaks down to their thighs, but I remember thinking that their hair looked terribly dry and crisp. No idea what that one was about O_o (There were other parts to the dream, but I don't remember them any more.)

Sammybunny711
October 21st, 2008, 05:29 AM
Oh, before I cut my hair to chin length (why or why!!!?...even though it is cute) I would dream about having my goal length hair in my dreams. I have yet to dream about my goal (waist length) hair since the beginning of my second growing attempt but I expect it is only a matter of time...

Heidi_234
October 21st, 2008, 05:40 AM
I dreamed few days ago that after I showered some locks of my hair, which I tried to lighten, using the honey lightening method, became almost white. And it didn't shock me or something in the dream. Just few wide white locks, what's the big deal?
I can totally see this dream interpreted in a book of dream interpretations like this - "It seems like you are spending far too much time in LHC. Go out to breath some fresh air and leave your hair to be."

Amara
October 21st, 2008, 08:32 AM
I just had a hair dream last night - I dreamt I was feeling my hair's length behind my back and could feel the longest bit at tailbone. I was just wondering about the length yesterday so I think the idea was planted in my mind. I've been feeling like I'm in a slow growth period for a bit here - I've been at the same visual length for a couple months (although the measuring tape says it's still growing a bit...) so I think I'm just anxious to actually start seeing or feeling the growth.

Vijikanth
October 21st, 2008, 11:42 AM
I have dreamt like my mom brushing my hair which is waist length in my dream ( its now jus started touching my ears in reality)...And my sister watching that in awe...as I'm a boy...:)

rockkcor
October 21st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Sure!

I had beautiful dreams of me and my love having our hairs to the floor... :)

And I had many scary dreams of having haircuts too... :(

Well - for sure hair is what we all dream off!

Forever_Sophie
October 21st, 2008, 12:25 PM
A couple times, I've dreamt that I was cutting my hair to shoulder-length - something I'd done often and was pretty much my childhood hairstyle. It's always so vivid, I have to touch the length of it when I wake up to make sure it was a dream!

aslanslucy
October 21st, 2008, 01:17 PM
I have short hair and I've been really happy with it. Then, about a week ago I dreamed that I had classic length hair. It was so shiny and strong with a lovely hemline. Since then, I've wanted to grow my hair again. Dreams are powerful I guess!

Lady Jane
October 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
I have been dreaming about hair quite a bit. Just last night, I dreamed by DH had gone out and bought tons of hair care products - all for men. I was looking at this giant wall and there were rows and rows of bottles, all black like his Suave for Men bottle, and at one point I remember saying "A shampoo bar? You actually bought a shampoo bar?" And there was this little spot on the wall with two light colored bottles and that's all that was for me. How sad. I think it's a sign I need to buy more fun stuff for me . . . (shuffles off to grab purse and car keys).