PDA

View Full Version : No trimming 2017!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Jo Ann
June 30th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Kitty-Zen, I love your hair colour! Totally awesome!

Jo Ann
June 30th, 2017, 09:38 PM
To those who stepped out:

Glad you stayed as long as you did! Hate to see you go, but you did what you had to do, and hair happiness is everything!

Hope to see you on the "No Trimming Second Half 2017" thread!

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 1st, 2017, 12:51 AM
So I am accidently joining this forum. I forgot to trim tonight so that I could move on to the second half of 2017 forum, so technically I will be I guess not trimming for a whole year! I really hope my ends can handle it. I've had a lot of growth this year but I really want to cut out my taper and have a bit more blunt ends. Who knows! We'll see where the rest of this year takes me.

Joyful Mystery
July 1st, 2017, 10:35 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm still going strong. I've been doing my best to ignore my hair. It's almost been exactly seven months since I cut my hair. My DH measured it for me a few days ago and I'm at 18.25. My hair grows approximately an inch a month. I'm very blessed with fast hair growth.

I can manage a cinnabun now using mini claws, which is how I wear my hair most days. I haven't noticed any damage and I have no desire to trim.

Congrats to all who've made it this far :)

Eastbound&Down
July 2nd, 2017, 11:44 AM
6 months down already! Time really flies when you are busy with life. I looked at a picture from January, and I can already see such a length difference.

queenbee1
July 2nd, 2017, 11:49 AM
Going strong 😅 good to know I still don't have many split ends. It's been 9 months since my last trim I think. 😅😅

LauraLongLocks
July 5th, 2017, 08:05 PM
I didn't ever do the oiling and deep conditioning that I talked about earlier because I frankly didn't want to deal with it, or didn't feel like I had the time. Instead, I did scalp-only washes and used my BBB religiously, and my ends aren't too bad. I think I could still use the deep treatments, but hey, the BBB has done a great job in the meantime, considering it's such an easy and fast thing to do compared with oiling, washing, and deep conditioning my hair.

So, I've gone past the one year mark since my last trim. Yay! Here's a recent length shot. I don't know if my hair actually has a fork in it, or if I'm just terrible at tossing it back after I comb it out. The hair looks a bit on the dry side and maybe a bit frizzy, but that would be due to no actual washing of the length, and having it up in braids and then brushing those braids out, then wearing in a different style and so on. My ends are fairytale ends now, which I never thought I'd have, haha! I may just make it to classic length this year. I sure hope so. :)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/19511274_1461929627200157_9043900277972962874_n.jp g (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/19511274_1461929627200157_9043900277972962874_n.jp g.html)

omgitssarah
July 5th, 2017, 08:20 PM
Gotta do what you gotta do! :thumbsup: How long's your hair by now? :)

I haven't taken my monthly length shot yet but last I checked I was juuuuuust at APL!! :joy:

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 5th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Whoops. Dipping out of this forum. I gave myself a nice 1/2" trim today. My hair really needed it. I think I'm going to stick with micro trims all the rest of the year and then start over when the year starts over. :)

Joyful Mystery
July 5th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Congratulations LauraLongLocks on making it a year without trims! Your hair looks lovely.

Jo Ann
July 5th, 2017, 10:23 PM
LauraLongLocks, it's probably from brushing out the braids...put another way, not all the hair is lying as it should after being brushed out. :)

I've come to the conclusion that the reason mine looks the way it does in the back is because I started taking about 5K of biotin daily about two years ago. Hey, it's as good a reason as any! :p

Jo Ann
July 5th, 2017, 10:32 PM
Rebeccalaurenxx, sorry to see you go! Happy hair is everything--as Lapushka says, you have to do what you have to do! Good luck!

Joyful, great growing! Being able to make a bun is a great milestone!

Omgitssarah, fantastic progress! Keep up the good work!

Garnetgem
July 6th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Am still here no urges to trim so far...

Remi
July 6th, 2017, 01:08 PM
I'm still here too, with no trims. 2017 seems to be just sailing by.

luvlonghair75
July 6th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Still no trims since 2015! :cheer:

Joyful Mystery
July 6th, 2017, 03:00 PM
luvlonghair75, that's great! Are you joining next years challenge?

Jo Ann
July 13th, 2017, 10:39 PM
OK...been fighting the urge to trim because I felt so self-conscious about the way my hair looked in my old sig pic:

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q602/3xpletivedeletedAwHE11No/Apr20201720Hair20Update_zpsadd68bfd.jpg

Asked Youngest Dear Son to take a new pic--freshly dried, unbrushed and unbunned--and it makes my hair look so much better (OK...like I just stepped off my broom, only better) and now I'm using THAT for my sig pic! Dang, I look GOOD with fairytale ends! :p

And, best of all, the urge to trim is starting to slowly fade away... ;)

lapushka
July 14th, 2017, 03:51 AM
OK...been fighting the urge to trim because I felt so self-conscious about the way my hair looked in my old sig pic:

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q602/3xpletivedeletedAwHE11No/Apr20201720Hair20Update_zpsadd68bfd.jpg

Asked Youngest Dear Son to take a new pic--freshly dried, unbrushed and unbunned--and it makes my hair look so much better (OK...like I just stepped off my broom, only better) and now I'm using THAT for my sig pic! Dang, I look GOOD with fairytale ends! :p

And, best of all, the urge to trim is starting to slowly fade away... ;)

Best thing *ever* and I love your new signature picture; lovely texture and those fairytale ends are lovely. :D :flower:

Jo Ann
July 14th, 2017, 05:06 AM
Thank you, Lapushka--that means a lot! :)

You were correct--it was the way my hair was laying! And, of course, camera angle... :p

Joyful Mystery
July 14th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Very pretty Jo Ann! I'm glad you're feeling better about your hair :)

wispe
July 14th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Jo Ann, I saw you'd updated your sig pic and I had to stop by. Your waves are so pretty and your fairytale ends, too! :crush:

Kat-Rinnè Naido
July 14th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Beautiful, Jo Ann :toast:

Jo Ann
July 14th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Joyful, Wispe and Kat-Rinnè, thank you! It took me years to come to terms that my hair's pattern, now I embrace it! Learning to properly care for The Beast is why I came here, and I'm so very thankful.

LauraLongLocks
July 15th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Checking in to say I haven't trimmed yet. Yay!

LauraLongLocks
July 17th, 2017, 09:02 AM
Well, I trimmed. I couldn't stand how uneven plus fairytaled my ends were getting to be. I had one hair that was 105 cm, the rest were 103 cm and shorter. I trimmed back to 100.5 cm and when I looked at the cut hairs in the sink, it only looked like I actually cut 1 cm, because it was such a little amount of hair. I did go over my 1 year mark, which is the longest I've ever gone without trimming, so I'm proud of my accomplishment, even though I didn't stay in this thread.

Jo Ann
July 17th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Laura, you made to a year! :applause Congratulations! We will miss you, but please check back in from time to time--some of us will need help with postponing a trim... :)

I'm also glad you didn't need a large (more than 2" trim) to make you and your ends happy! That poor wild hair... :p

LauraLongLocks
July 17th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Laura, you made to a year! :applause Congratulations! We will miss you, but please check back in from time to time--some of us will need help with postponing a trim... :)

I'm also glad you didn't need a large (more than 2" trim) to make you and your ends happy! That poor wild hair... :p

Thank you. I really can't tell the difference in my hem in the before and after photos I took, but that just goes to show how extremely thin the ends had become. I honestly didn't lose very much hair. I still have more to trim to make it look even and full. Even though I really hoped to make it to classic length this year, I think I am going to let that goal be secondary to thicker ends. I am just not a happy camper with fairytale or uneven ends. I think I'll trim a little every 2-3 months from here on out, not going shorter than 100 cm, until I'm happy with my ends again. I really hoped I'd be at classic length before I decided to maintain, but maybe a few months of microtrimming and I'll be ready to keep growing to classic once again. Maybe I can even make some small gains in length while still microtrimming. Time will tell, and I'm in this for the long haul, so I can be patient.

Jo Ann
July 17th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Maybe by trimming about 1/2 the hair length gain every two-four months will do you, Laura. I'm thinking about doing a holding pattern, like you, but after about another year of no trimming. I, too, would prefer a thicker hemline, but I'm anxious to get some length in before I start maintaining.

Good luck!

lapushka
July 18th, 2017, 03:28 AM
Checking in to say I haven't trimmed yet. Yay!

Yay!

Well, I trimmed. I couldn't stand how uneven plus fairytaled my ends were getting to be. I had one hair that was 105 cm, the rest were 103 cm and shorter. I trimmed back to 100.5 cm and when I looked at the cut hairs in the sink, it only looked like I actually cut 1 cm, because it was such a little amount of hair. I did go over my 1 year mark, which is the longest I've ever gone without trimming, so I'm proud of my accomplishment, even though I didn't stay in this thread.

Wait, hold that thought. LOL.

I'm sad to see you go, Laura! But one year is impressive (as contradictory as that sounds). :thumbsup:

LauraLongLocks
July 18th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Yay!

Wait, hold that thought. LOL.

I'm sad to see you go, Laura! But one year is impressive (as contradictory as that sounds). :thumbsup:

Hahahaha... I love your comments, Lapushka. You made me laugh. It was fun to be here, but I am not sad I trimmed. I really think a plan of trimming half the growth, as Jo Ann suggested, will yield the results I want.

lapushka
July 19th, 2017, 04:56 AM
Hahahaha... I love your comments, Lapushka. You made me laugh. It was fun to be here, but I am not sad I trimmed. I really think a plan of trimming half the growth, as Jo Ann suggested, will yield the results I want.

LOL! As long as we can laugh; all in good fun, right? :D

Good luck with the... well, I guess you're microtrimming then? Good luck with it, hope you still get around classic by the end of the year. I really hope so, after all, never say never!!! Come on! It's got to be possible, right. :)

LauraLongLocks
July 19th, 2017, 07:06 PM
LOL! As long as we can laugh; all in good fun, right? :D

Good luck with the... well, I guess you're microtrimming then? Good luck with it, hope you still get around classic by the end of the year. I really hope so, after all, never say never!!! Come on! It's got to be possible, right. :)

I'm honestly not very far off from classic now, but (butt?) as my growth rate is naturally slow, and now I've added in microtrimming to reduce my length gains, I am doubtful. Wishful thinking is fun though, right? I wish everyone else in this thread much success in their hair journeys!

Jo Ann
July 19th, 2017, 08:25 PM
I found a chart online that shows points for various hair lengths:

http://www.hairfinder.com/info/hair-length-chart.gif

If some are confused about their milestones, maybe this will help ease their confusion...

Jo Ann
July 19th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Dang, that's HUGE!! :shocked:

Oh well...at least it's readable...

Garnetgem
July 19th, 2017, 09:09 PM
I found a chart online that shows points for various hair lengths:

http://www.hairfinder.com/info/hair-length-chart.gif

If some are confused about their milestones, maybe this will help ease their confusion...

I happen to have printed this out on line last year...very useful! :)

lapushka
July 20th, 2017, 02:38 PM
I'm honestly not very far off from classic now, but (butt?) as my growth rate is naturally slow, and now I've added in microtrimming to reduce my length gains, I am doubtful. Wishful thinking is fun though, right? I wish everyone else in this thread much success in their hair journeys!

A little wishful thinking may help the progress along (I do hope it comes soon for you).

Thank you so much! :)

mermaid_pranu
July 23rd, 2017, 10:59 AM
I'm in! My hair is just shy of Hip Length! I haven't cut them since Dec 2015!! The reason why I joined LHC is to motivate my self to grow my hair till Butt Length and embrace the length!

Jo Ann
July 23rd, 2017, 12:29 PM
I'm in! My hair is just shy of Hip Length! I haven't cut them since Dec 2015!! The reason why I joined LHC is to motivate my self to grow my hair till Butt Length and embrace the length!
Welcome aboard, MP! We're glad to have you!

Wow, no trims in that long? :shocked:

mermaid_pranu
July 23rd, 2017, 02:24 PM
Welcome aboard, MP! We're glad to have you!

Wow, no trims in that long? :shocked:

I don't get split ends quickly. after 9-10 months since the trims is when I start seeing a few. Nowadays if I see one, I just snip it off

Joyful Mystery
July 25th, 2017, 01:44 PM
I don't get split ends quickly. after 9-10 months since the trims is when I start seeing a few. Nowadays if I see one, I just snip it off

Welcome, mermaid_pranu! I don't get splits quickly either. Before I chopped, I would trim my hair every 6 months to keep it blunt. I wonder what my hemline will look like when the year is up...

I'm really enjoying this challenge and already joined next years! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143311

Joyful Mystery
August 1st, 2017, 12:26 PM
How's everyone doing? I still haven't trimmed and I still have no desire to do so. I now have a little less than 2" to go until I reach APL. I was at chin last December. I hope everyone else is doing great, too.

Garnetgem
August 1st, 2017, 03:20 PM
Still here not had an urge to trim and my ends are now turning into fairy tail ends!

Aredhel
August 1st, 2017, 03:29 PM
Yup I'm fairytailing like crazy too but I'm still going strong! :)

lapushka
August 1st, 2017, 03:54 PM
I'm still doing okay with the challenge. My longest longest strand of hair is just at TBL, stretched! It's going faster than I thought.

Candyapple
August 2nd, 2017, 03:53 AM
I'm late to this thread.. but I'm in! What is s&d?

Garnetgem
August 2nd, 2017, 04:24 AM
I'm late to this thread.. but I'm in! What is s&d?

S&D is when you snip off split ends from each strand of hair...you search for them and snip off as you find them...may sound time consuming but it really helps..

pandabarrier
August 2nd, 2017, 05:02 PM
How's everyone doing? I still haven't trimmed and I still have no desire to do so. I now have a little less than 2" to go until I reach APL. I was at chin last December. I hope everyone else is doing great, too.

My hair reaches BCL when it's wet. I put my hair up every day and forget about it. Then when I wash my hair or brush it, it feels so long!

NimbleNut
August 2nd, 2017, 07:48 PM
I'm late to the party but I'm going to jump in. I was in the no trimming thread for the first half of the year and managed that just fine. At this point, my last trim was in October of last year. I feel pretty good about making it through the rest of the year.

Jo Ann
August 2nd, 2017, 10:30 PM
Still hanging in there, but when Oldest Dear Son went to get his hair trimmed today, I was wistfully wishing I could go with him and have mine done!

I stayed home instead and did an SMT...I'm THRILLED I'm hitting TBL when my hair's wet! It appears I might MIGHT make TBL or *gulp!* Classic by year's end! Definitely TBL, though--when dry and stretched, I'm hitting BCL--all five hairs... :face:

pili
August 3rd, 2017, 11:22 AM
I'm still here! I've been wearing it down more lately, but I need to stop doing that. I'm an inch away from waist, stretched. That's my short term goal before I bow out of this thread and start microtrimming to finally get rid of the layers. I might make it by late September. I am so tempted to trim now since the ends are looking dry, but I'm so close to my goal! My last cut was back in late Feb 2016

cjk
August 3rd, 2017, 01:22 PM
Well it was unintentional but apparently I'm taking part in this challenge.

Never had long hair before, and since I started from slick bald I still don't. But it's longer than ever before. The only thing I've trimmed this year is the sides of my beard so I think it still counts.

This challenge will help me get through the awkward stages. Glad to be here!

lapushka
August 3rd, 2017, 03:07 PM

Never had long hair before, and since I started from slick bald I still don't. But it's longer than ever before. The only thing I've trimmed this year is the sides of my beard so I think it still counts.

Yes, you're right. I'm not counting sideburns as "hair". ;)

Andthetalltrees
August 3rd, 2017, 03:28 PM
I find it funny how not trimming my hair makes me appreciate it more. Back when I tried growing out my hair with regular trims I ended up being way more nit picky and concerned with how it looked(I never ended up liking blunt ends on me, I think that was my issue and I didn't realize at the time) Now it's been a good chunk of time since I've cut it I'm starting to REALLY like the way it looks, It's grown more into a V with random layers with shorter and longer bits. I just absolutely adore it, Even the much shorter regrowth in the front is kind of cute! Ever since I did a few very heavy S&D sessions and cut out protein we're not having many splits anymore, Which is great.

I'm worried if I ever get to the point of wanting to maintain a length that I will end up not liking it as much because of regular trims, I suppose I could experiment with more 'layered' cuts, or you know, Just never cut my hair again ;)

Jo Ann
August 3rd, 2017, 09:04 PM

We all have to start somewhere :face:

Welcome aboard, CJK! Glad to have you!

Eastbound&Down
August 4th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Wow, August already! What happened to July!! 7/12 down, 5 more to go!

LinzDigital
August 4th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Hey, I inadvertently have been following this challenge all year after getting traumatized by my last trim in December! In August last year I went to get my hemline cleaned up and the lady butchered it into something that resembled a layered V cut. Set me back like a year in my growth efforts. So in December I went to start getting it gradually trimmed back into a better shape and man, she just ripped the brush through my hair. I kept saying "Stop!" "Please don't do that" and she just kept commenting on how my scalp must be sensitive. And I'm going: no, I don't like the sound of my hair getting snapped! I was afraid to just walk out and have to go somewhere else and have even more taken off so I let her finish. Long story short, I'm afraid to go to the hair dresser's now and the long layers and the v/u shape I'm not sure how to trim it myself, and so I'm not going to seek a trim until at least February next year. I thought about it because the short bits are ruining all buns and braids, but I'll stick it out here instead :) :D

lapushka
August 4th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Hey, I inadvertently have been following this challenge all year after getting traumatized by my last trim in December! In August last year I went to get my hemline cleaned up and the lady butchered it into something that resembled a layered V cut. Set me back like a year in my growth efforts. So in December I went to start getting it gradually trimmed back into a better shape and man, she just ripped the brush through my hair. I kept saying "Stop!" "Please don't do that" and she just kept commenting on how my scalp must be sensitive. And I'm going: no, I don't like the sound of my hair getting snapped! I was afraid to just walk out and have to go somewhere else and have even more taken off so I let her finish. Long story short, I'm afraid to go to the hair dresser's now and the long layers and the v/u shape I'm not sure how to trim it myself, and so I'm not going to seek a trim until at least February next year. I thought about it because the short bits are ruining all buns and braids, but I'll stick it out here instead :) :D

Ugh, that's no fun! Happy to have you join! :)

Eastbound&Down
August 6th, 2017, 10:56 AM
I see white dots! Not stressing it though, I'm making great progress in my growth. I have about 2 maybe 2 1/2 inches to go till APL in the back. I may be able to make it by December, January for sure. I'm going to do a root touch up on my grays later this afternoon, I'll leave my ends alone for now.

Reyn127
August 8th, 2017, 08:12 PM
It's kind of hard to believe it's into month 8 already... WOW! Normally I would have probably had at least one trim, maybe two, but instead I've done a few S&D sessions, and my ends aren't bothering me any more than they would with a straight across trim. I remember about a year ago, when I first started lurking here, I had such bad split ends that you could pick up a chunk of hair from anywhere on my head and I guarantee at least 1/4 of my hairs had splits. At the time I seriously thought it was half my hairs, but realistically I know I was seeing the damage more easily than the normal, healthy ends that were there. But seriously, some areas had to be 1/3 split ends. My hair is in wayyy better condition now, and I only did one actual trim during this whole time, which was under half an inch just before the end of the year last year. Keeping my hair up and combing it gently has made such a huge difference, and I've also realized that trims don't really help my ends as much as I thought. I'm considering not trimming my hair at all for a few years, now....

pili
August 8th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Sooooo tempted to reshape my hemline. Not. Yet. pili.

Joyful Mystery
August 11th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Sooooo tempted to reshape my hemline. Not. Yet. pili.

I have a strong preference for blunt ends and it's been almost 8 months since my chop (which is the longest I've ever gone without a trim). I started off with a blunt just below chin length bob and it seems to be maintaining it's shape really well, I think the sides are a little shorter than the rest? but otherwise, not bad at all. It still bothers me a bit, but not enough to have it fixed before the end of the year (although, I may complain a little more as we get close to the finish line). I'm really curious to see what my hemline will look like at the end of this challenge.

Hang in there, pili! :cheer:

pili
August 11th, 2017, 10:22 AM
I have a strong preference for blunt ends and it's been almost 8 months since my chop (which is the longest I've ever gone without a trim). I started off with a blunt just below chin length bob and it seems to be maintaining it's shape really well, I think the sides are a little shorter than the rest? but otherwise, not bad at all. It still bothers me a bit, but not enough to have it fixed before the end of the year (although, I may complain a little more as we get close to the finish line). I'm really curious to see what my hemline will look like at the end of this challenge.

Hang in there, pili! :cheer:
I'm trying. It's a struggle. I'm obsessively checking my length and being uber critical of my hemline.

Reyn127
August 11th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Stay with us pili, you can do it! Is there any sort of treatment you can do for your hair to make yourself feel better about it? We're almost to the end, I bet you can make it!

Garnetgem
August 11th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Still here but have had a few moments when i am thinking maybe microtrimming the ends which have now become fairytail ends..but no doubt i will hold out until the end of the challenge...so far i have plans for no trimming 2018.

lapushka
August 11th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Come on you guys, we can do it! We can all persevere. :flower: It'll be a good few hours for us to trim come January 1st. And think of all the cool updos at Christmas and at NY's that we can do with longer hair that we couldn't if we had trimmed it before that time.

Cherriezzzzz
August 11th, 2017, 06:41 PM
I'm doing great, going strong. Knowing I'll be less then ten inches away from my first LHC length goal come Jan 2018... it's too good to be true! It feel much better getting it longer, then trimming. I've never had such fun with my hair too. If it weren't for LHC I never would've even thought to simply NOT trim my hair! Who writes these rules?! LOL!

Jo Ann
August 11th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Hang in there, y'all! I've been fighting the trimming, too, but keeping it up and ignoring it has been a help!

Pili, I've caught myself fretting over my fairy tales recently, but keeping it up has been a help--I can't obsess over what I can't see ;)

Jo Ann
August 11th, 2017, 06:43 PM
I'm doing great, going strong. Knowing I'll be less then ten inches away from my first LHC length goal come Jan 2018... it's too good to be true! It feel much better getting it longer, then trimming. I've never had such fun with my hair too. If it weren't for LHC I never would've even thought to simply NOT trim my hair! Who writes these rules?! LOL!
Probably the same ones who say women over a certain age should never EVER have long hair. Never never ever never ever... :p

pili
August 13th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Stay with us pili, you can do it! Is there any sort of treatment you can do for your hair to make yourself feel better about it? We're almost to the end, I bet you can make it!
IthinkIcanIthinkIcanIthink...

Come on you guys, we can do it! We can all persevere. :flower: It'll be a good few hours for us to trim come January 1st. And think of all the cool updos at Christmas and at NY's that we can do with longer hair that we couldn't if we had trimmed it before that time.
Good point! You know, all year I have told myself that when I get to WL stretched I would start micro trimming, but I would only have three months left to make it to the end of the year. That would give me an inch and a half of extra growth to work with! I should stick with the challenge and just wait until January to start micro trimming. Thanks, lapushka! I also have a cruise in December, and the extra length would be beneficial in the Caribbean humidity. :afro:

Stylist who need repeat customers.

Still here but have had a few moments when i am thinking maybe microtrimming the ends which have now become fairytail ends..but no doubt i will hold out until the end of the challenge...so far i have plans for no trimming 2018.
I'm trying to hold on with you!

Probably the same ones who say women over a certain age should never EVER have long hair. Never never ever never ever... :p
Yup!

Simsy
August 14th, 2017, 04:45 AM
I let the curls down to redo the braids on Tuesday and as I'm walking through my lounge, I realise my hands can feel curly ends where I had them resting against my hips. As it turns out, I have only an inch or so of curly length to go until I hit TBL dry and unstretched. I'm fairly certain I'll hit classic wet in the next month or 2, but now I'm starting to wonder if I might possibly get classic dry this year as well? That was the end goal for me and it's so close I could almost scream.

lapushka
August 14th, 2017, 05:13 AM
I let the curls down to redo the braids on Tuesday and as I'm walking through my lounge, I realise my hands can feel curly ends where I had them resting against my hips. As it turns out, I have only an inch or so of curly length to go until I hit TBL dry and unstretched. I'm fairly certain I'll hit classic wet in the next month or 2, but now I'm starting to wonder if I might possibly get classic dry this year as well? That was the end goal for me and it's so close I could almost scream.

That's good news! :D

Joyful Mystery
August 14th, 2017, 11:00 AM
I had a dream the left side of my hair was knotted up and as I was trying to gently pull apart the knots, I was thinking the whole time how I was going to be left with a bunch of bent hairs that would need to be cut off. I think subconsciously I may be a bit worried about not trimming in so long, even though everything is fine.

Jo Ann
August 14th, 2017, 01:32 PM
YES! WTG, Simsy!

Jo Ann
August 17th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Lapushka, you've mentioned you use a SheaMoisture Leave-in Conditioner. Have you tried other products in the line? Which leave-in do you use? I'm thinking about changing shampoo/conditioner and, from what I've read, SheaMoisture looks promising. I'm interested in the Restorative shampoo/conditioner combo. Anyone else tried the SheaMoisture line?

Thanks!

Joyful Mystery
August 22nd, 2017, 05:13 PM
Snipped off one L-shaped hair created by a tangle today.

This is now the longest I have ever gone between trims! :o

Andthetalltrees
August 22nd, 2017, 10:24 PM
I'm pretty sure my hair has grown close to 1.5 or 2" in a month :agape: It was at 24/24.5" last month, I know this for sure since I was so disappointed so I remeasured many times, It got to 25.5/26" early in August and now it's measuring 26/26.5(my hair hardly ever measures consistently, It usually varies .5). And my hair just looks WAY longer, it was just above BSL last month, and now it's just below the strap. At least the longest section of my hair, The sides are lagging as they always do. What I find so fascinating about not trimming my hair is I really get a sense of my growth rate. I knew it was fast but I didn't know It could be THIS quick.

Jo Ann
August 28th, 2017, 10:15 PM
OK, I'm trying a new shampoo/conditioner combo (still keeping Hello Hydration as my final conditioner). I got a bottle each of SheaMoisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and matching conditioner. I've been meaning to try out SheaMoisture for a while now, and finding bottles of "50% More FREE!!" just set the wheels in motion :p

Let's just say it's the first time I ever used a shampoo that is SLS-free--not getting a lather will take some getting used to! Until I do that, this could be the first instance of my using up a bottle of shampoo BEFORE I use up the bottle of conditioner :shocked: Anyway, washing with the shampoo, then using the matching conditioner, THEN following with Hello Hydration conditioner and using the SheaMoisture conditioner as a leave-in instead of coconut oil, well, let's just say my hair appears to be in love! It's soft, smooth, shiny and very VERY moisturized! I'm impressed, to say the least! My hair is dry and frizz-prone to begin with, but this stuff has made a huge difference!

Last week, I got a bottle of the GVP knock-off of the Biolage Matrix Conditioning Balm, and my hair loves that, too! From what I understand, using a non-SLS shampoo might not get my scalp completely clean (I wash my hair once a week), so I have my OGX Coconut shampoo (I use the OGX Kukui Oil shampoo in the winter) and the conditioning balm/Hello Hydration, followed by coconut oil after shampooing to fall back on to keep my scalp clean! My argan serum is still a keeper for betweem shampoo oiling ;)

God Bless LHC for existing and all of the posters here who share their experience with different products, routines and tips for helping all of us to get the best hair we can get! It's taken me almost three years to reach Hair Happiness and I want to thank you all for everything!

pili
August 29th, 2017, 11:55 AM
That's great Jo Ann.

lapushka
August 29th, 2017, 02:44 PM
I'm pretty sure my hair has grown close to 1.5 or 2" in a month :agape: It was at 24/24.5" last month, I know this for sure since I was so disappointed so I remeasured many times, It got to 25.5/26" early in August and now it's measuring 26/26.5(my hair hardly ever measures consistently, It usually varies .5). And my hair just looks WAY longer, it was just above BSL last month, and now it's just below the strap. At least the longest section of my hair, The sides are lagging as they always do. What I find so fascinating about not trimming my hair is I really get a sense of my growth rate. I knew it was fast but I didn't know It could be THIS quick.

OK, I'm trying a new shampoo/conditioner combo (still keeping Hello Hydration as my final conditioner). I got a bottle each of SheaMoisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and matching conditioner. I've been meaning to try out SheaMoisture for a while now, and finding bottles of "50% More FREE!!" just set the wheels in motion :p

Let's just say it's the first time I ever used a shampoo that is SLS-free--not getting a lather will take some getting used to! Until I do that, this could be the first instance of my using up a bottle of shampoo BEFORE I use up the bottle of conditioner :shocked: Anyway, washing with the shampoo, then using the matching conditioner, THEN following with Hello Hydration conditioner and using the SheaMoisture conditioner as a leave-in instead of coconut oil, well, let's just say my hair appears to be in love! It's soft, smooth, shiny and very VERY moisturized! I'm impressed, to say the least! My hair is dry and frizz-prone to begin with, but this stuff has made a huge difference!

Last week, I got a bottle of the GVP knock-off of the Biolage Matrix Conditioning Balm, and my hair loves that, too! From what I understand, using a non-SLS shampoo might not get my scalp completely clean (I wash my hair once a week), so I have my OGX Coconut shampoo (I use the OGX Kukui Oil shampoo in the winter) and the conditioning balm/Hello Hydration, followed by coconut oil after shampooing to fall back on to keep my scalp clean! My argan serum is still a keeper for betweem shampoo oiling ;)

God Bless LHC for existing and all of the posters here who share their experience with different products, routines and tips for helping all of us to get the best hair we can get! It's taken me almost three years to reach Hair Happiness and I want to thank you all for everything!

That is amazing news, from the both of you.

Maybe the SM castor oil shampoo lathers a bit more (I have seen it lather on YT), if you possibly need a clarifying shampoo, that might be a good one to go to, or the African black soap one. These two are often named in one breath. ;)

I'm still hanging in there, and I think I am going on straight to the next thread (2018) without trimming. I am going to see how far I can get without it becoming too uncomfortable for me. I still think my cut-off point is classic, though, but we'll see. It's good to have a set goal.

Jo Ann
August 29th, 2017, 07:39 PM
That is amazing news, from the both of you.

Maybe the SM castor oil shampoo lathers a bit more (I have seen it lather on YT), if you possibly need a clarifying shampoo, that might be a good one to go to, or the African black soap one. These two are often named in one breath. ;)

I'm still hanging in there, and I think I am going on straight to the next thread (2018) without trimming. I am going to see how far I can get without it becoming too uncomfortable for me. I still think my cut-off point is classic, though, but we'll see. It's good to have a set goal.
I just found another half-gone bottle of baby wash (and a couple of tubes of Nexxus Aloe-Rid clarifying lotion), so for a clarifying shampoo, I'm set for a while, but I will keep those others in mind, Lapushka--thank you for the recommendations!

I'm going to hang in there until the end of the year and see how much further the hair at the top of my fairytale ends gets--I wish it would grow faster, so it could get to hip sooner, but hair will do what hair will do. I'm thinking about taking a couple of inches off at the end of the year--clean up the ends and shorten that "gap" between the other hair and the ends of the fairytales. Could be a good way to start the year ;)

Good luck, Lapushka, and may Classic be better for you this time!

Eastbound&Down
September 2nd, 2017, 02:41 AM
September already! I can't believe this year is flying by so quickly! 9/12 down, 3 to go to check the box for this year's challenge and head into the next one. I haven't really measured my growth, but I can tell from pictures of my earlier in the year that I have had some decent growth. I took a length picture in August, and I'm going to do my comparison pictures in December, that'll show roughly 4-5 months of growth.

lapushka
September 2nd, 2017, 06:38 AM
Good luck, Lapushka, and may Classic be better for you this time!

I hope the recommendations work out for you, and that it's not too stripping (it is still sulfate-free, so...)

I hope so too, thank you! :flower:

pili
September 2nd, 2017, 03:25 PM
I'm out. I couldn't take the feel of my ends. They were starting to snap off, and nothing I did could get moisture into them. Good luck to everyone else!

lapushka
September 2nd, 2017, 04:40 PM
Aw, bummer, pili! But I hope those ends are fine now.

pili
September 2nd, 2017, 05:05 PM
Aw, bummer, pili! But I hope those ends are fine now.

They are much better, lapushka. :)
I'm surprized i made it this long with the bleach damage. It had been eighteen months since the last haircut. My virgin hair can go years, so once I get rid of all this, I'll be back on the no trimming bandwagon!

Jo Ann
September 2nd, 2017, 05:13 PM
Pili, I hate to see you go, but you DID go an awful long time without cutting your hair--longer than the challenge! That's a good thing :)

I know how it is to grow out bleached hair--did it years ago. Went ombre before it was a thing ;) Anyway, the important thing is you and your hair are happy again!

We'll see you in the 2018 challenge for sure!

pili
September 2nd, 2017, 05:16 PM
I've still have bleach throughout the layers, so I may need to rejoin in 2019, good thing, lapushka already made a thread for it!

Jo Ann
September 2nd, 2017, 07:46 PM
FWIW, Pili, Lapushka DID break up the 2018 challenge into two parts, so you can take part in BOTH! I'm thinking about going the two-part way myself, depending on how much I want taken off in December, to thicken my hemline. Hope to see you there! ;)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143312

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143313

pili
September 2nd, 2017, 09:01 PM
Maybe I'll join the second half then.

lapushka
September 3rd, 2017, 04:05 AM
Maybe I'll join the second half then.

Yes, please do! :) It doesn't hurt to join, and it's a swift kick up the butt, but there is nothing obligatory about it, if you know what I mean. Nobody is taping your scissors to the thread and saying, "no, you can't trim". ;) :lol: Oh goodness. :lol:

pili
September 3rd, 2017, 08:48 AM
Yes, please do! :) It doesn't hurt to join, and it's a swift kick up the butt, but there is nothing obligatory about it, if you know what I mean. Nobody is taping your scissors to the thread and saying, "no, you can't trim". ;) :lol: Oh goodness. :lol:
I'll decide a bit closer to next summer. My hair is coarse and strong and almost never splits, as long as I don't do stupid stuff to it. I need to get rid of my last dumb decision before I can commit to not trimming.

lapushka
September 3rd, 2017, 10:21 AM
I'll decide a bit closer to next summer. My hair is corse and strong and almost never splits, as long as I don't do stupid stuff to it. I need to felt rid of my last dumb decision before I can commit to not trimming.

Makes a lot of sense! :)

potsie
September 3rd, 2017, 04:34 PM
it's september!!! going strong :applause:

Jo Ann
September 3rd, 2017, 04:46 PM
I'll decide a bit closer to next summer. My hair is coarse and strong and almost never splits, as long as I don't do stupid stuff to it. I need to get rid of my last dumb decision before I can commit to not trimming.
I can't argue with that!

Always remember, Pili, that you have made excellent growth headway, which will make achieving your goals that much easier. See you on the boards! :)

LinzDigital
September 5th, 2017, 03:00 AM
Hey! I'm still here too. I think I'm gonna cut about 2-3" off the the bottom layers in January to get my hemline into a more serviceable shape- these layers are so hard to work with. I don't want to trim it now because I just figured out how to do a few different buns. Just waiting until then makes more sense. In the mean time my ends feel super velcroy but they are up on the top of my layers that I want to grow out. So not sure what to do about that beside keep them moisturized.

Joyful Mystery
September 9th, 2017, 10:26 AM
I'm still going strong! I can't believe it's September already!

cjk
September 15th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Haven't touched it since New Years. Starting to get some real bulk in the back. Pretty sure my waves/curls are going to be my saving grace. Awkward stages are just so...awkward. Just beginning to get that hair-halo thing going.

This is a new experience for me. So far I'm enjoying it.

https://imgur.com/a/sGWBR

Garnetgem
September 17th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Still here too and already looking forward for no trimming next year too!

Joyful Mystery
September 18th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Still here too and already looking forward for no trimming next year too!

I'm looking forward to next years challenge too! I've been considering the idea of not trimming between challenges. I'm not too sure yet, I'll have to see how I feel at the end of this one.

lapushka
September 18th, 2017, 08:55 AM
I'm looking forward to next years challenge too! I've been considering the idea of not trimming between challenges. I'm not too sure yet, I'll have to see how I feel at the end of this one.

I'm contemplating not trimming between '17 & '18 as well. I don't think I will trim, TBH. Because it's just past TBL. But between '18 & '19, I might.

Joyful Mystery
September 18th, 2017, 09:14 AM
I'm contemplating not trimming between '17 & '18 as well. I don't think I will trim, TBH. Because it's just past TBL. But between '18 & '19, I might.

Glad to know you're thinking about doing this too!

Simsy
September 19th, 2017, 04:16 AM
If my counting is accurate, I just finished 15 months with no trims. The mop has had about 2 months total, out of braids in that time. Benign neglect for the win.

And I'm still somewhat undecided for next year. I might trim just the last inch or so and see where I end up.

Reyn127
September 19th, 2017, 06:55 PM
cjk, your hair looks like you could almost pull off a little braid in the back! (if you wanted!)

luvlonghair75
September 20th, 2017, 06:56 AM
I'm almost on 2 years with no trims! Although when my hair went nuts for a while, it was veeeery tempting! Once it smoothed out proper I could see that it really doesn't need a trim! So glad I smacked my own hands away from the scissors! :D

Jo Ann
September 21st, 2017, 05:29 PM
Well, I hate to say it, but I'm dropping out :(

I did a critique of my hair and discovered that, because of my bad brushing habits, I've been breaking off a lot of the hair on my canopy and all of my fairy tale ends are from the bottom layers of my hair, so I've trimmed about 2-1/2" off and will be microtrimming and maintaining just below hip until the top layers catch up to the bottom layers. *sigh* It was either a big trim now and microtrim for a spell or I'd be cutting back up to waist to get a decent hemline and then microtrimming for a longer period of time and regaining all that length back. As I've mentioned before, I wasn't happy with the way this year's no-trim challenge had gone for my hair, and, well, happiness with The Beast is what it's all about.

Best of luck to all of you! Happy Growing!

pandabarrier
September 21st, 2017, 06:06 PM
Sad to see you leave the challenge Jo Ann.
You have to do what you got to do!
Happy growing!

Jo Ann
September 21st, 2017, 06:40 PM
Thank you, Panda.

lapushka
September 22nd, 2017, 06:08 AM
As I've mentioned before, I wasn't happy with the way this year's no-trim challenge had gone for my hair, and, well, happiness with The Beast is what it's all about.

Jo Ann, no! :( But it is what it is, and you've said it all. It's better to be happy with your hair. :flower:

LadyCelestina
September 22nd, 2017, 07:17 AM
Well, I hate to say it, but I'm dropping out :(

I did a critique of my hair and discovered that, because of my bad brushing habits, I've been breaking off a lot of the hair on my canopy and all of my fairy tale ends are from the bottom layers of my hair, so I've trimmed about 2-1/2" off and will be microtrimming and maintaining just below hip until the top layers catch up to the bottom layers. *sigh* It was either a big trim now and microtrim for a spell or I'd be cutting back up to waist to get a decent hemline and then microtrimming for a longer period of time and regaining all that length back. As I've mentioned before, I wasn't happy with the way this year's no-trim challenge had gone for my hair, and, well, happiness with The Beast is what it's all about.

Best of luck to all of you! Happy Growing!

Jo Ann, you seem to be much curlier than 2b/2c in your sig pic, maybe you could try detangling with conditioner instead of brushing to make things easier & less breaky? :flower:

Jo Ann
September 22nd, 2017, 01:49 PM
Jo Ann, no! :( But it is what it is, and you've said it all. It's better to be happy with your hair. :flower:
Thank you, Lapushka!

Jo Ann, you seem to be much curlier than 2b/2c in your sig pic, maybe you could try detangling with conditioner instead of brushing to make things easier & less breaky? :flower:

I took this back in April, LadyC:

https://i.imgur.com/RKh2QOZ.jpg

That's after brushing and bunning, a couple of days before wash day.

I'm trying my argan serum (a combination of argan, avocado, sweet almond and grapeseed oils) to try to get my canopy to not get so tangled. It's funny--I can detangle it with my wide-tooth comb after putting oil on it, but when I go to brush it afterwards, it's grabby and knotty again :confused: I've got a couple of conditioners around here--maybe one will work? I currently use a leave-in after I WCC, so I'll try that leave-in on dry hair and see if it makes a difference. I'm also going to try a different hairbrush--either one with silicone bristles or a BBB maybe? My current one is as old as the hills (I've had it since before my Oldest Dear Son was born, and he turned 30 this year :shocked: ), so maybe it's time to upgrade by getting a new one.

So many possibilities :(

LadyCelestina
September 23rd, 2017, 08:03 AM
Thank you, Lapushka!

I took this back in April, LadyC:

https://i.imgur.com/RKh2QOZ.jpg

That's after brushing and bunning, a couple of days before wash day.

I'm trying my argan serum (a combination of argan, avocado, sweet almond and grapeseed oils) to try to get my canopy to not get so tangled. It's funny--I can detangle it with my wide-tooth comb after putting oil on it, but when I go to brush it afterwards, it's grabby and knotty again :confused: I've got a couple of conditioners around here--maybe one will work? I currently use a leave-in after I WCC, so I'll try that leave-in on dry hair and see if it makes a difference. I'm also going to try a different hairbrush--either one with silicone bristles or a BBB maybe? My current one is as old as the hills (I've had it since before my Oldest Dear Son was born, and he turned 30 this year :shocked: ), so maybe it's time to upgrade by getting a new one.

So many possibilities :(
Well, if it were me, I'd try the detangling while wet and then not touching it, just to see what happens :) maybe I'm wrong, but imo it looks to be well into the 3's, texture wise, only that the pattern is brushed out, and being tangly right after detangling is kinda typical for curly hair :)

Jo Ann
September 23rd, 2017, 12:05 PM
Detangling when wet is no problem--my comb just glides through! No knots, no tangles, nothing but smoothness. It's when it's dry that I have the problem :(

Now, having a natural 3-type hair was one thing I did NOT think about! Dang, but it would explain so much, because I went by how it was dry and brushed when I typed it, rather than just dry! :horse:

OK...back to the drawing board... :writer:

LadyCelestina
September 24th, 2017, 01:49 AM
Detangling when wet is no problem--my comb just glides through! No knots, no tangles, nothing but smoothness. It's when it's dry that I have the problem :(

Now, having a natural 3-type hair was one thing I did NOT think about! Dang, but it would explain so much, because I went by how it was dry and brushed when I typed it, rather than just dry! :horse:

OK...back to the drawing board... :writer:

I think for us curlies/wavies like you and me, who can brush their hair (i.e. it's possible if you are extra careful and it can look good, especially when smoothed out with products and bunning), it's easy to get caught up in the idea that we should or have to brush :D But imo wet detangling only is still the easiest and therefore least damaging way.

Eastbound&Down
September 24th, 2017, 11:12 AM
I can't believe it's already almost October! This year has flown by! I kind of wish I had a good length shot from January to compare once December rolls around.

Jo Ann
September 24th, 2017, 01:49 PM
I think for us curlies/wavies like you and me, who can brush their hair (i.e. it's possible if you are extra careful and it can look good, especially when smoothed out with products and bunning), it's easy to get caught up in the idea that we should or have to brush :D But imo wet detangling only is still the easiest and therefore least damaging way.
It's WEIRD using a two-step process to detangle my hair! I've had my detangling comb for forever (over 20 years) and it's been such a Godsend. Still can't believe my hair gets tangled immediately after detangling with it--no breeze, no real movement, no NUTHIN' :shocked: I'm finding a little bit of oil before detangling helps--just enough to provide moisture and loosen up the knots a wee bit.

Query: After I unknot the knots, should I also trim the bent hairs resulting from those knots or can I leave them alone?

lapushka
September 24th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Query: After I unknot the knots, should I also trim the bent hairs resulting from those knots or can I leave them alone?

I'd leave them alone until after a good wash. 9 times out of 10 they straighten back out!

Jo Ann
September 24th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Thank you, Lapushka! You are a breath of sanity in a sometimes insane world! :p

Joyful Mystery
September 26th, 2017, 09:19 AM
I can't believe it's already almost October! This year has flown by! I kind of wish I had a good length shot from January to compare once December rolls around.

I took a pic of my hair right after I chopped in December. I'm looking forward to seeing the comparison!

lapushka
September 26th, 2017, 09:23 AM
I took a pic of my hair right after I chopped in December. I'm looking forward to seeing the comparison!

:thumbsup:

Thank you, Lapushka! You are a breath of sanity in a sometimes insane world! :p

LOL; I can only hope. ;)

pandabarrier
October 1st, 2017, 10:53 AM
It's October! Three more months to go thru the challenge.
I'm hanging on here, my hair ends are fine, just tapered, the last inches have the thickness of a crayon.

lapushka
October 1st, 2017, 12:43 PM
Yep, I'm glad with where I'm at where length is concerned. I'm looking forward to next year even!!! :)

Milady_DeWinter
October 1st, 2017, 12:59 PM
Still here too!! Somedays I love my hair, other I see too many split ends... I do S&D once or twice a month, depending of how I see my hair. It's definitely longer, anyway I'll be quite happy chopping the racers when the challenge ends xD

Eastbound&Down
October 1st, 2017, 09:13 PM
October already!! Where has this year gone!?!?!?! Only 3 more months left till the next challenge starts! Congrats to everyone that has made it this far.

Joyful Mystery
October 2nd, 2017, 08:08 AM
Happy October! I'm still here and very pleased with the progress I've made so far. Congrats to those still here!

queenbee1
October 2nd, 2017, 08:28 AM
I'm here and really impressed with my hair's length. It is although breaking off at the ends. A trim is due which I'll probably do on 1st January :D

Dark40
October 2nd, 2017, 05:09 PM
I'm just stopping by to say that I'm still here with no trims. It is October, and I'm still hanging there. I have really made a lot of progress without any trims this year. I'm very impressed with the length! Which is WL!!! I am also looking forward to next year without any trims too. It is due for a trim on Jan 1st, and that's it. My hair is ends are doing just fine. Never no split ends.

lapushka
October 3rd, 2017, 03:16 AM
I'm just stopping by to say that I'm still here with no trims. It is October, and I'm still hanging there. I have really made a lot of progress without any trims this year. I'm very impressed with the length! Which is WL!!! I am also looking forward to next year without any trims too. It is due for a trim on Jan 1st, and that's it. My hair is ends are doing just fine. Never no split ends.

Congrats on WL! :)

Eastbound&Down
October 3rd, 2017, 10:01 AM
Congrats on WL Dark40! I did find a split when I did my hair a think 2 weeks ago? But I don't have any good scissors, so it'll just have to stay split for now. I may do a S&D on Jan 1st but then it's back to no trims for 2018.

Joyful Mystery
October 3rd, 2017, 10:05 AM

Yay! Congratulations!

Dark40
October 3rd, 2017, 04:57 PM
Thanks everyone! :) I am looking forward to gaining more length next year without any trims as well!

Dark40
October 3rd, 2017, 05:00 PM
Congrats on WL Dark40! I did find a split when I did my hair a think 2 weeks ago? But I don't have any good scissors, so it'll just have to stay split for now. I may do a S&D on Jan 1st but then it's back to no trims for 2018.

See if you can find you a good pair of scissors or shears. I know it's hard sometimes trying to find a good pair. I don't get any splits. Because, I mainly Co-wash during the week instead of using shampoo. I have learned over the years that when I would use shampoo it would dry my hair out, and cause me lots of split ends. So, I've found that co-washing works best for me.

cjk
October 4th, 2017, 09:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/9UqSI2g_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://i.imgur.com/oa5RSg9_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Happy October, everybody! Who else has managed to keep their hair untouched all year?

I'm almost able to form a small ponytail in back. And I'm reasonably sure that I could wear two braids at my current length.

How does one learn to braid shorter hair, on their own head? I can't seem to get my brain and my fingers to connect properly, despite the fact that I can braid my beard with ease. Thought the pros, here, might have some tips for a beginner.

Eastbound&Down
October 5th, 2017, 04:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/9UqSI2g_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://i.imgur.com/oa5RSg9_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Happy October, everybody! Who else has managed to keep their hair untouched all year?

I'm almost able to form a small ponytail in back. And I'm reasonably sure that I could wear two braids at my current length.

How does one learn to braid shorter hair, on their own head? I can't seem to get my brain and my fingers to connect properly, despite the fact that I can braid my beard with ease. Thought the pros, here, might have some tips for a beginner.

Practice, practice, practice! Look up some tutorials for French or dutch braiding short hair on youtube.

Eastbound&Down
October 5th, 2017, 04:21 PM
See if you can find you a good pair of scissors or shears. I know it's hard sometimes trying to find a good pair. I don't get any splits. Because, I mainly Co-wash during the week instead of using shampoo. I have learned over the years that when I would use shampoo it would dry my hair out, and cause me lots of split ends. So, I've found that co-washing works best for me.

I don't get very many, maybe 2-3 per year, and since I'm mostly benign neglecting it for the foreseeable future, I think it'll survive until January.

LinzDigital
October 6th, 2017, 03:40 AM
Hi all! I'm still here! The hurricane hit us right as my semester started and I have been on my face since then. But, good news: I don't even have time for a hair cut even if I wanted one! :) My biggest problem has been velcory ends. Do you guys have any tricks for dealing with them? I've been trying out a few samples here and there and not sure I've found anything that I'd want to keep yet.

lapushka
October 6th, 2017, 05:11 AM
Hi all! I'm still here! The hurricane hit us right as my semester started and I have been on my face since then. But, good news: I don't even have time for a hair cut even if I wanted one! :) My biggest problem has been velcory ends. Do you guys have any tricks for dealing with them? I've been trying out a few samples here and there and not sure I've found anything that I'd want to keep yet.

Yes clarify washing and starting over with the routine (re-setting).

Simsy
October 14th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Rocking along to the Xmas tree, waiting for Santa to bring me more length :henny:

Eastbound&Down
October 15th, 2017, 01:58 PM
I really want to get some bangs but I guess I'll have to wait till January so I don't break the challenge.

lapushka
October 15th, 2017, 02:01 PM
I really want to get some bangs but I guess I'll have to wait till January so I don't break the challenge.

Don't let the challenge hold you prisoner; if bangs are truly something you want, go for it. Only if you want to truly do this challenge, keep doing it. Otherwise, it's not much fun, is it? :)

Eastbound&Down
October 15th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Don't let the challenge hold you prisoner; if bangs are truly something you want, go for it. Only if you want to truly do this challenge, keep doing it. Otherwise, it's not much fun, is it? :)

Thanks lapushka, I'm going to keep thinking on it, and I'm thinking I'll reward myself for a job well done and cut them in on the first in between challenges.

lapushka
October 16th, 2017, 07:45 AM
Thanks lapushka, I'm going to keep thinking on it, and I'm thinking I'll reward myself for a job well done and cut them in on the first in between challenges.

Yes that's a good plan!!!

Reyn127
October 16th, 2017, 12:03 PM
I just made it past what I think was potentially the biggest hurdle for myself with this challenge: telling my mom that, no, I really don't want her to trim my hair while I'm visiting!
Haha. She wanted to see how long my hair is now, so of course I let it down and fluffed it out for her. And I swear, all in one breath she told me how impressively long it is, and do I want her to trim it for me? Inside I screamed "No!" But I just told her I was trying to let my hair grow, and trimming it across really doesn't do anything for my splits. I guess my hair is really starting to fairy tail, though.

lapushka
October 16th, 2017, 03:02 PM
I just made it past what I think was potentially the biggest hurdle for myself with this challenge: telling my mom that, no, I really don't want her to trim my hair while I'm visiting!
Haha. She wanted to see how long my hair is now, so of course I let it down and fluffed it out for her. And I swear, all in one breath she told me how impressively long it is, and do I want her to trim it for me? Inside I screamed "No!" But I just told her I was trying to let my hair grow, and trimming it across really doesn't do anything for my splits. I guess my hair is really starting to fairy tail, though.

Maybe you can let her "at it" January 2018, when it's time to trim between challenges. You have to see whether or not you like the fairytaling. Personally, I don't mind it that much. I'm letting it grow in between 2017 & 2018, but between 2018 & 2019, I am trimming.

Chiquita Banana
October 16th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Hi all! I haven't been on this board in a couple of years but decided to stop back in. I had a BIG trim last December (about 12 inches) that I donated to Children with Hair Loss. At the time, my hair was below my tailbone. I haven't trimmed since then... so no trimming for 2017!!!! Now my hair is right at my waist again and is really healthy and happy. I don't plan to trim it for a very long time. :)

lapushka
October 17th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Hi all! I haven't been on this board in a couple of years but decided to stop back in. I had a BIG trim last December (about 12 inches) that I donated to Children with Hair Loss. At the time, my hair was below my tailbone. I haven't trimmed since then... so no trimming for 2017!!!! Now my hair is right at my waist again and is really healthy and happy. I don't plan to trim it for a very long time. :)

Welcome back & welcome to this thread. Just a few more months and on to next year. :D

CindyOfTheOaks
October 17th, 2017, 04:31 PM
I found LHC looking at self trimming methods and still haven't done anything other than keeping my bangs out of my eyes.
So far things are looking good enough to not worry about trimming so I think I'll get through the end of the year.

Hey ! I have been here over a year now !

lapushka
October 17th, 2017, 04:38 PM
Hey ! I have been here over a year now !

Hey, yes! Congrats! :D

Dark40
October 17th, 2017, 08:07 PM

I don't mind the "fairytailing" either. It's been a year since I've trimmed too, and my hair has gotten longer too! The only time I will trim in on January 1st, and if in beterrn 2018 & 2019 I need a trim I will do it but if it doesn't I won't do it. I will just let it grow, and see how long it will grow.

Dark40
October 18th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Maybe you can let her "at it" January 2018, when it's time to trim between challenges. You have to see whether or not you like the fairytaling. Personally, I don't mind it that much. I'm letting it grow in between 2017 & 2018, but between 2018 & 2019, I am trimming.

Why are you planning on trimming between 2018 & 2019? How often are you going to trim?

Reyn127
October 18th, 2017, 02:04 PM
I don't mind the fairytailing at all, so far. I'be had a V-hemline and layers for a couple of years, so it hasn't been too different from that.

But I probably won't let my mom touch my hair on January 1st, anyway. I'm way too gung-ho about my length chart's predictions....

Joyful Mystery
October 19th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Not cutting my hair has helped me go from chin-ish to APL in 10 months! I'm so stoked!

lapushka
October 19th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Why are you planning on trimming between 2018 & 2019? How often are you going to trim?

I think because I am now TBL, right, so classic has been my "downfall" in the past, the longest bit I could grow out to (without it becoming too uncomfy for me). So I'm guessing I will reach classic by next year, and might need a trim between 2018 & 2019. Everything that grows out longer until that time, I am just going to have to live with. :)

Dark40
October 19th, 2017, 03:26 PM
I think because I am now TBL, right, so classic has been my "downfall" in the past, the longest bit I could grow out to (without it becoming too uncomfy for me). So I'm guessing I will reach classic by next year, and might need a trim between 2018 & 2019. Everything that grows out longer until that time, I am just going to have to live with. :)

Yes, you are right that you are at TBL. Oh, ok. So, classic was your "downfall in the past? I see. Oh yeah, I also think that you will reach classic by next year too, and by then you might need a trim between 2018 & 2019.

Hey, I just did a S&D on yesterday on my ends. Because, they've been appearing dry and ragedy looking. I just trimmed off 1cm. I think I'm planning on doing that throughout the year about every 3 or 4 months. Or, whenever I feel there is a need for it.

Dark40
October 19th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Not cutting my hair has helped me go from chin-ish to APL in 10 months! I'm so stoked!

That is great Joyful Mystery! Congratulations!:) I haven't trimmed anything since the end of November of last year but I've just trimmed off 1cm on yesterday from having dry ragedy looking ends.

Joyful Mystery
October 19th, 2017, 06:32 PM
That is great Joyful Mystery! Congratulations!:) I haven't trimmed anything since the end of November of last year but I've just trimmed off 1cm on yesterday from having dry ragedy looking ends.

Thanks, Dark40! :joy:

Dark40
October 19th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Thanks, Dark40! :joy:

You're welcome! :D I have learned since being a member here that trimming very often didn't help my hair to grow longer. In fact, my hair kept on staying the same length all of time. Now, I only go through S&D every 3 or 4 months. Instead of big trims. By me doing that it keeps me from having to trim off and inch or 2 or more.

lapushka
October 20th, 2017, 04:25 AM
Yes, you are right that you are at TBL. Oh, ok. So, classic was your "downfall in the past? I see. Oh yeah, I also think that you will reach classic by next year too, and by then you might need a trim between 2018 & 2019.

Hey, I just did a S&D on yesterday on my ends. Because, they've been appearing dry and ragedy looking. I just trimmed off 1cm. I think I'm planning on doing that throughout the year about every 3 or 4 months. Or, whenever I feel there is a need for it.

You do what you have to do! :thumbsup:

I think after 2019 I might be maintaining as well; if I haven't caught the bug to grow on that is (which I kind of doubt at this point, but you never know).

Dark40
October 20th, 2017, 03:51 PM
You do what you have to do! :thumbsup:

I think after 2019 I might be maintaining as well; if I haven't caught the bug to grow on that is (which I kind of doubt at this point, but you never know).

Yeah, you gotta do whatcha gotta do!:bow:

All I want is healthy long hair. Not stragely unhealthy hair. I can say that I've done fantastic for a whole year without putting any scissors to my hair!!! Yeah, I know whatcha mean about having the bug to grow on. You're right. You never know.

Eastbound&Down
October 29th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Almost November already! I'm actually pretty impressed with the length I've gotten in the last 11 months. If my measuring tape is correct (it very well could be WAY off), APL is 20 inches on me, currently at around 18 stretched from the best I could determine. So maybe I'll be able to call it by January or February.

lapushka
October 29th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Almost November already! I'm actually pretty impressed with the length I've gotten in the last 11 months. If my measuring tape is correct (it very well could be WAY off), APL is 20 inches on me, currently at around 18 stretched from the best I could determine. So maybe I'll be able to call it by January or February.

That's exciting! :) Almost there! :D

ThrowNormanAway
October 30th, 2017, 05:43 AM
Hello all! I haven’t been active on this thread at all this year, but I last trimmed Dec 30, 2016 so I think I qualify! I plan on trimming last week of December again. In the last trim I eliminated the last of my old layers which were initially cut sometime in spring 2015. I had just passed hip at that time so the trim took it up to barely hip. Now I’m at a very solid TBL, and still growing. I dont think I’ve S&D’d a single time this year. I know it’s helpful for most everyone and I know it’s great for my hair specifically, but I’ve got two jobs and no time to sit and do it. Oh well, it doesn’t seem to be so bad. I’ve also moved from my previous very arid climate to a more balmy location, and I’ve noticed huge improvement in the health of my hair and skin for that matter. I can go longer between washes cause my lengths don’t get so incredibly dry anymore. Woohoo! The only thing that makes me want to wash pretty much ever, really, is that I work in food service and after a few days my hair starts to smell like the food we serve. Yuck! Also, I’ve resigned myself to looking like a little old lady every night to sleep, and I’ve worn my satin cap every night as far as I can this year, very few frizzes and breaks anymore due to my consistency!

I’ve also found a new holy grail tier product in a conditioner called Accure... the green bottle (~$7.99 at Target). Cone free, paraben free, first ingredient is aloe, it’s so amazing. Had a tacky feeling until it’s 100% dry which is strange but it makes my hair soft like bunny rabbits and completely easy to comb. Manageable and voluminous. I love it.

lapushka
October 30th, 2017, 06:00 AM
I’ve also found a new holy grail tier product in a conditioner called Accure... the green bottle (~$7.99 at Target). Cone free, paraben free, first ingredient is aloe, it’s so amazing. Had a tacky feeling until it’s 100% dry which is strange but it makes my hair soft like bunny rabbits and completely easy to comb. Manageable and voluminous. I love it.

It's so nice to find that HG product, isn't it? Mine is the HE Hello Hydration. I'm sad to see they no longer make it, but I have a backstash, so that is fine, and it seems like some Pantene conditioners can definitely take its place.

ThrowNormanAway
October 30th, 2017, 06:23 AM
It's so nice to find that HG product, isn't it? Mine is the HE Hello Hydration. I'm sad to see they no longer make it, but I have a backstash, so that is fine, and it seems like some Pantene conditioners can definitely take its place.

It was such a happy accident that I even found it so I’m still feeling thrilled! I was needing something other than an ACV rinse after using my poo-bars, and this has been perfect. Do they not still make hello hydration?? I know for a fact it’s still in every major retailer here in the states and definitely hasn’t been discontinued (maybe they’re phasing it out?) so maybe you can order some from the US (Amazon?) when your stash gets low.

lapushka
October 30th, 2017, 08:56 AM
It was such a happy accident that I even found it so I’m still feeling thrilled! I was needing something other than an ACV rinse after using my poo-bars, and this has been perfect. Do they not still make hello hydration?? I know for a fact it’s still in every major retailer here in the states and definitely hasn’t been discontinued (maybe they’re phasing it out?) so maybe you can order some from the US (Amazon?) when your stash gets low.

I'm in Belgium. Amazon is out of the question. And I can't import the conditioner (anything over $20 gets taxed & import duties attached). The major supermarkets in Belgium don't sell it anymore, and online locally... can't find it either.

missrandie
November 16th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Hey everybody! Long time, no post!

I have officially hit waist length with what hair remains on my head.

From early May to about September, I shed out a good half of my hair.. It took me a while to get used to the change. But, where I was rather thin on the temples (completely see through), I am now "grassed back in." I have a lovely massive crop of hair ranging from 1 to 4 inches long just driving me nuts in a happily exasperated kind of way.

Yet, I still have no desire to cut or even trim my hair, so the grow out will be all sorts of fun to watch :)

Nowadays, I'm still practicing benign neglect, leaving my hair in a french braided paranda bun/braid for days on end. The braid is only when I go to bed so I have less of a lump in my sleep cap.

Also: I still have no visible splits, just fairytales. And I like those :)

cjk
November 16th, 2017, 10:29 PM
For the first time in my life I have hair that could be categorized as long, even if only barely.

I'm enjoying this process! And it amazes me how good my hair looks since I stopped washing it.

https://i.imgur.com/5qFAW9n_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

lapushka
November 17th, 2017, 04:57 AM
Hey everybody! Long time, no post!

I have officially hit waist length with what hair remains on my head.

From early May to about September, I shed out a good half of my hair.. It took me a while to get used to the change. But, where I was rather thin on the temples (completely see through), I am now "grassed back in." I have a lovely massive crop of hair ranging from 1 to 4 inches long just driving me nuts in a happily exasperated kind of way.

Yet, I still have no desire to cut or even trim my hair, so the grow out will be all sorts of fun to watch :)

Nowadays, I'm still practicing benign neglect, leaving my hair in a french braided paranda bun/braid for days on end. The braid is only when I go to bed so I have less of a lump in my sleep cap.

Also: I still have no visible splits, just fairytales. And I like those :)

That is great to hear. Good that your hair is growing back in. I knew how I felt when that happened to me age 13/14 (I had lost hair and had bald patches due to hormonal changes). :flower:

For the first time in my life I have hair that could be categorized as long, even if only barely.

I'm enjoying this process! And it amazes me how good my hair looks since I stopped washing it.

It's only going to get better! :) :thumbsup:

Eastbound&Down
December 14th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Holiday season already, this year has flown by! Congrats to everyone that made it through the 2017 challenge!

Joyful Mystery
December 15th, 2017, 09:47 AM
The 19th will be exactly one year since my last cut!

Jo Ann
December 15th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Congratulations, one and all! YOU MADE IT!! :toast:

erebus
December 16th, 2017, 02:32 AM
I did this challenge by accident. I have a hair dresser I really like, but I love abroad now so I can only go there when I'm back home and the timing never worked out. I suppose it's easier when you start with shorter hair that doesn't need as much upkeep. Last trim was early December 2016. I think I will go until about April next year :)

queenbee1
December 16th, 2017, 03:51 AM
I had a dream last night that I trimmed my hair without really thinking about it and later realized that I had to drop out of the challenge during the last month when I had no real reason to. I was so sad in my dream. Also this was my first hair related dream :D

lapushka
December 16th, 2017, 09:26 AM
2 more weeks, let's not get cheering yet. ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 16th, 2017, 12:14 PM

I'm not cheering yet, but I have taken a big breath, ready to cheer :laugh:

Simsy
December 16th, 2017, 05:50 PM
I’m still here. :waving:

I have made it to classic wet, and I’m almost there dry stretched. Dry curly is still a good 2 inches away as far as I can tell.the mop has appreciated the lack of brushing as I’m shedding less and the hair itself isn’t as frizzy. The ends are starting to deteriorate, but it’s nothing a small trim won’t fix. All in all, a good year for hair.

Note to self, need to figure out a better spot to tuck the tails of the work braids. I think they might be damaging each other where I’m tucking them.

Joyful Mystery
December 17th, 2017, 12:26 AM

Mini celebration on Tuesday (one year no cuts) and then quietly continuing on. :lol:

lapushka
December 17th, 2017, 04:34 AM
Mini celebration on Tuesday (one year no cuts) and then quietly continuing on. :lol:

Congrats on that, BTW! :cheer:

Joyful Mystery
December 17th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Congrats on that, BTW! :cheer:

Thank you! :o

Joyful Mystery
December 19th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Alright, it's here! One year for me today! I updated my avatar and I have pics in my album. I think my hair is in great shape and my hemline looks decent. It still flips up a bit but that doesn't bother me anymore. ;)

ladycaladium
December 22nd, 2017, 12:54 AM
I've made it this far - I want to do the no trim for the first half of 2018, but the New Year holiday is from December 29th-January 4th here - meaning that shops are usually closed and I would not be able to trim until January 5th (or trim on December 28th which would be more than a year for me but not the end of 2017). I'm torn on what to do!

Kitke
December 22nd, 2017, 02:35 AM
Joyful mystery congratulations! It looks so glossy and healthy in your avatar :happydance:

lapushka
December 22nd, 2017, 06:42 AM
Alright, it's here! One year for me today! I updated my avatar and I have pics in my album. I think my hair is in great shape and my hemline looks decent. It still flips up a bit but that doesn't bother me anymore. ;)

I noticed! :)

Gorgeous. And it does look great. You can roll over to 2018 just like this; no trims necessary. IMMHO. :)

That is good growth! :)

NightSister
December 22nd, 2017, 07:16 AM
Ahh so gorgeous! Serious hair inspo Joyful Mystery!!

Joyful Mystery
December 22nd, 2017, 10:27 AM
Joyful mystery congratulations! It looks so glossy and healthy in your avatar :happydance:

I noticed! :)

Gorgeous. And it does look great. You can roll over to 2018 just like this; no trims necessary. IMMHO. :)

That is good growth! :)

Ahh so gorgeous! Serious hair inspo Joyful Mystery!!

Thank you all for your nice comments! I'm definitely continuing on into the 2018 challenge without trimming first. I hope next year goes just as well. :)

ThrowNormanAway
December 25th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Out for 2017! Trimmed last night. It’s been two years of nontrims during the year, only annual trims after Christmas before the new year. I had a micro trim yesterday and now next year I’m going to micro trim rather than wait a full year again. My hair is finer than I like, and more sensitive to dryness and damage than I like to admit. I think it’ll thrive on micro trims to bring my thickness down to the last 7” or so. By next year I think I’ll be at classic length with a nice plump hemline.

lapushka
December 26th, 2017, 05:26 AM
Out for 2017! Trimmed last night. It’s been two years of nontrims during the year, only annual trims after Christmas before the new year. I had a micro trim yesterday and now next year I’m going to micro trim rather than wait a full year again. My hair is finer than I like, and more sensitive to dryness and damage than I like to admit. I think it’ll thrive on micro trims to bring my thickness down to the last 7” or so. By next year I think I’ll be at classic length with a nice plump hemline.

Oh come on, and you almost made it too! :( Bummer. But oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do. :flower: 2 years by itself is impressive enough! :D

ladycaladium
December 26th, 2017, 08:42 PM
I've scheduled a trim for December 31st (they will be closed from January 1-4th). Am I in or out? I can't tell!

lapushka
December 27th, 2017, 03:20 AM
I've scheduled a trim for December 31st (they will be closed from January 1-4th). Am I in or out? I can't tell!

I think trimming the 31st & 1st of January is OK! It's hard to go and tell people, just on the brink of the NY, get a cut, if they can't do it themselves, so, I'm OK with the 31st (which now is a Sunday) and the 1st, better still the 1st as that is "officially" the trim day, but I'm a bit mild on this particular thing; so it's fine. :)

ladycaladium
December 27th, 2017, 04:59 AM
I would also prefer the first. Hehehe, no way I can do it myself at this length and have it look nice!

Reyn127
December 27th, 2017, 10:00 PM
As of today, it has been one full year since my last trim! Wow!

It went better than I thought - I really only had a few weeks in the middle that I was frustrated with my ends, and a few good s&d sessions helped with that.

I'm super proud of myself for (more or less, at this point) completing this challenge. I'm definitely gonna continue right on not trimming through 2018. Thanks for the inspiration and support everyone!!! :)

lapushka
December 28th, 2017, 07:59 AM

It went better than I thought - I really only had a few weeks in the middle that I was frustrated with my ends, and a few good s&d sessions helped with that.

I'm super proud of myself for (more or less, at this point) completing this challenge. I'm definitely gonna continue right on not trimming through 2018. Thanks for the inspiration and support everyone!!! :)

Well done! :applause

Simsy
December 29th, 2017, 04:47 AM

Awesome work. Onwards and downwards :)

Your hair looks gorgeous; so silky and pretty. Good luck with next year’s growth.

lapushka
December 29th, 2017, 06:04 AM
Let's wiggle a bit; I'm allowing the 31st and the 1st as "trim days" - I mean, you gotta do it sometime, right? And it's tough enough if you want to consecutively do these challenges. So that's new all across these no-trimming threads. If you want to trim do it the 31st or the 1st, no later, and no earlier!

queenbee1
December 30th, 2017, 02:40 AM
Congratulations to everybody who made it, and congratulations on the fresh ends to those who didn't :D I'm so proud of myself and happy for having done this. I've never stuck to any (hair) goal for a whole year. Today I have. :D

lapushka
December 30th, 2017, 05:35 AM
Congratulations to everybody who made it, and congratulations on the fresh ends to those who didn't :D I'm so proud of myself and happy for having done this. I've never stuck to any (hair) goal for a whole year. Today I have. :D

Yay you! :cheer:

Joyful Mystery
December 30th, 2017, 09:15 AM

Congratulations!

queenbee1
December 30th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Yay you! :cheer:

Thank you Lapushka ��

Garnetgem
December 30th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Made it through the year with no trims..bring on the new year and i intend to do this all over again!

lapushka
December 30th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Made it through the year with no trims..bring on the new year and i intend to do this all over again!

That's the spirit.

I'm still sticking to me not trimming in between '17 & '18. Bring on classic length! :cheer:

ladycaladium
December 30th, 2017, 07:52 PM
I had my trim today...ended up trimming more than I planned because I took a photo and saw how ridiculously thin my ends were. Ready for the 2018 challenge!

Simsy
December 30th, 2017, 10:24 PM
Trimmed right before I washed for the week. I ended up taking 1.5 cms off, just enough to clean the grumpy ends up. It also takes me back to just scratching classic with the longest ends.

Remi
December 31st, 2017, 05:37 AM
I made it through the year with no trims. I am very proud of myself.

lapushka
December 31st, 2017, 05:50 AM
I had my trim today...ended up trimming more than I planned because I took a photo and saw how ridiculously thin my ends were. Ready for the 2018 challenge!

Trimmed right before I washed for the week. I ended up taking 1.5 cms off, just enough to clean the grumpy ends up. It also takes me back to just scratching classic with the longest ends.

You guys are ready for the next one! ;)

Yay, good on you! Me too. I'm so glad to have set this thread up, because I am growing right alongside a bunch of very nice people!

:D

Joyful Mystery
December 31st, 2017, 07:23 AM

Congratulations to all who completed this challenge! Great job, everyone! :D

Congratulations to you as well, lapushka! Looking forward to growing with you next year!

lapushka
December 31st, 2017, 08:10 AM
Congratulations to all who completed this challenge! Great job, everyone! :D

Congratulations to you as well, lapushka! Looking forward to growing with you next year!

Yay! Congratulations to all; and thank you Joyful Mystery for saying that! :) I love having you on board next year as well.

Jas
December 31st, 2017, 08:54 AM
We did it!!

Eastbound&Down
December 31st, 2017, 09:09 AM
Congrats all, on the the next challenge!

lapushka
December 31st, 2017, 09:20 AM
Yes we did.

We did it! We did it! :cheer:

:applause to all of us who have persisted!

And to those who have had to bow out, there was always a good reason, so I'm not judging you one bit - we gotta do what we gotta do! :)